What would your reaction be if Telltale ended with 5 Episodes in Game of Thrones?

edited August 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Imagine the ending of the first season was Rodrik or Asher's death. And the fact that Episode 5 was the least favorite of everyone.

Oh man, I can already see the hate threads. lmao

Comments

• Imagine the ending of the first season was Rodrik or Asher's death. And the fact that Episode 5 was the least favorite of everyone.

So basically TWD S2 except replace Asher and Rodrik with those 2 characters we all know and lov- I mean hate.

I could imagine it

• Then I'd never forgive myself for spending my money on this series and not TftB

• If telltale does that, there's "No Going Back"

Ahhhhh get it? Lol couldn't help myself

Green613 posted: »

Imagine the ending of the first season was Rodrik or Asher's death. And the fact that Episode 5 was the least favorite of everyone.

• I will be like: "the fuck? That's it? Bullshit."

• I would probably be pretty mad :T

And then, after hating on the episode all over the internet and being banned for flooding the forums, I would buy the season 2 because really I need to know how the hell this thing ends.

• yeah this is exactly how it'd go for me

Abeille posted: »

I would probably be pretty mad :T And then, after hating on the episode all over the internet and being banned for flooding the forums, I would buy the season 2 because really I need to know how the hell this thing ends.

• Same here. We are such suckers.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

yeah this is exactly how it'd go for me

• Then we would be robbed of an extra 5 dollars.

• edited August 2015

I'd be confused.

None of the storylines wrapped up.

Most importantly, Gared is still looking for the North Grove and Ryon is still captive at Highpoint.

You can't end a season with dangling storylines like that, you need to close them and then introduce a new cliffhanger.

Also I'd be super pissed off that none of the various items Mira has been acquiring (Key, Ironwood Decree, Dagger) mattered. You also can't introduce so many items and have none of them be useful. You can have them be detrimental. But not useless.

• Did something go wrong with development? Are they talking about scrapping Episode 6?

• What? No!

JackBauer24 posted: »

Did something go wrong with development? Are they talking about scrapping Episode 6?

• Especially the key!

I'd be confused. None of the storylines wrapped up. Most importantly, Gared is still looking for the North Grove and Ryon is still cap

• I would be like:

"WHAT THE FUCK, TELLTALE?! WHY DID YOU ALWAYS END A SEASON WITH A CLIFFHANGER?! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!"

That's how I would be. ;_;

• The whole plot would have to be very different. Think of it this way - the overall plots of a short story, novella, and novel can be the same. The way that same plot is developed in each is going to be drastically different. So the difference between a five episode game like TWD (where each season seems to have completely new settings and a greater percentage of new characters) and a six episode season of the GOTs doesn't have to be that different except that the GOT is probably stretched out the plot over a few seasons and that's why there are so many freaking dangling threads. Take the North Grove, for instance, which was mentioned early on in the very first episode. What happens? The person who is supposed to tell his uncle about the place just happens to be ambling home when his family is being attacked and defends the sword he promised to safely return, and for that he agrees to go to the wall and is told that he must find the North Grove. Ep two. Goes to the wall and meets a few people. Swears an oath I had no intention of keeping. Kills a mofo and is sentenced to death. Escapes and heads north of the wall. Meets a girl who may have some knowledge but won't share and won't help. Encounters wights and is seen fleeing north, hopefully in the direction of the North Grove. That's really slow development, and lots of little subplots, for just one season. Totally violates Checkov's rule about guns.

"If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on a wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it’s not going to be fired, it shouldn’t be hanging there."

We've been told the North Grove is important but so far we know practically nothing about it. That's just aggravating. Also the frustration some of us have about the choices we made. Does it matter if we stole things or kept things or not? Not to mention killing a certain someone who totally deserved it.

• I meant, that if Episode 6 was never meant to happen before Telltale made this game and the ending ended where Rodrik/Asher died.

No_username posted: »

Then we would be robbed of an extra 5 dollars.

• But, that's what George R.R martin would do.

A cliff hanger at every Season and then you'll have to wait for the other season to find out wtf has happened.

I'd be confused. None of the storylines wrapped up. Most importantly, Gared is still looking for the North Grove and Ryon is still cap

• If Telltale ended with A Nest of Vipers it'd get WAYY more hate than it's getting now

• edited August 2015

That's not what happens in the show at all.

In fact usually the big cliffhangers are wrapped up in episode 9 and the season finale is used to clean up most of the loose ends.

Season 1: The big storylines in the season are

• Ned's investigation - This storyline ends when he dies.
    • Dany and the Dothraki - This storyline ends when Drogo dies.
    • Jon and his family loyalty vs his loyalty to the Night's Watch - This storyline ends when he returns to the Watch.

A lot of new stories are started when those end, but they are brand new and hence are not cliffhangers. If they ended season 1 right before Ned's execution, that would be a cliffhanger.

The other seasons all follow a similar pattern. Closing the story threads at the end of the season, and introducing new stories at the same time to keep you invested.

But, that's what George R.R martin would do. A cliff hanger at every Season and then you'll have to wait for the other season to find out wtf has happened.

• The only time this somewhat happens is Season3 into 4, and that's because it all comes from one book (the biggest book in the series, at that.)

But, that's what George R.R martin would do. A cliff hanger at every Season and then you'll have to wait for the other season to find out wtf has happened.

• Then that would be a pretty shitty season finale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.