Gared +Talia

2»

Comments

• edited September 2015

Talia is in her early to mid teens, and Gared is 18-20. So at most he is seven years older. Is this age gap, especially if he does wait, really so terrible?

http://ttgot.wikia.com/wiki/Gared_Tuttle

http://ttgot.wikia.com/wiki/Talia_Forrester

Gared is in his early 20's, Talia is probably 14/15, so please...

• Sigh. I hate that the show made Drogo rape Dany. In the books, their first night was beautiful (and consensual).

greensenpai posted: »

All im gonna say is Game of thrones is a show about Incest,child murder,rape betrayals,brutal murder and torture and you guys complain about

• Me, too. I watched the show before I read the first book. I dreaded getting to the scene as I read, and was awed at how much better/consensual it was and I just ask "WHY" they turned it into a rape scene in the show.

Abeille posted: »

Sigh. I hate that the show made Drogo rape Dany. In the books, their first night was beautiful (and consensual).

• We must warn Castle Black, Jon!

I can already see the Cancer spreading everywhere.

• Gared+Talia = Not Happening

• People being butthurt about this ship shouldn't even come close to Game of Thrones.

• Gared is 16-19? I thought he was 25.

• edited September 2015

I'm not gonna bring up age difference,but marriage in nobility is mostly about political gain,not just love.If Talia marries Gared,there will be no political accomplishment here.Even Asher nearly causing an all out war just because he's fall in love with a woman from rival house.So,the idea of a highborn marrying a lowly subject despite being cool and what not is nothing but a childish fantasy.

• edited June 2017

• Screw that oath.

Jovoltrot posted: »

• Before his death, Gregor was going to knight Gared. So she'd be marrying a knight; possibly a landed knight depending on how he conducts himself.

Herodriver posted: »

I'm not gonna bring up age difference,but marriage in nobility is mostly about political gain,not just love.If Talia marries Gared,there wil

• Gared is still not officially granted a knighthood even if he claim he was.He's lacking in influence and has no other benefit to offer rather than his own personal combat skill.Gared has no political power and marrying Talia with him would make no sense at all,this isn't some Disney fairy tale.

ShampaFK posted: »

Before his death, Gregor was going to knight Gared. So she'd be marrying a knight; possibly a landed knight depending on how he conducts himself.

• Right. And some people think that he may get his head chopped off for deserting the Night's Watch and what not. But supposing for a second that he's not beheaded... What's to stop Roderick or Asher from granting him knighthood? And don't forget that the Forresters aren't exactly in a great position and may not attract all that many suitors for Talia's hand.

Gared is still not officially granted a knighthood even if he claim he was.He's lacking in influence and has no other benefit to offer rathe

• People supporting this ship should keep their runny nose to kids fairy tale,there's no way a noble family would marry their precious daughter to a lowly commoner with nothing to offer.

jarmoksk posted: »

People being butthurt about this ship shouldn't even come close to Game of Thrones.

• Maybe the lord could easily grant him one,but there's still no benefit in marrying a recently knighted person,the Forresters would rather look for a more beneficial marriage that can give them more political power,and if Ramsay shown interest to Talia.I'm sure there are some other less lunatic lords who may be interested with a young princess.

ShampaFK posted: »

Right. And some people think that he may get his head chopped off for deserting the Night's Watch and what not. But supposing for a second t

• It would be interesting to see someone paired with Talia. I would like to see someone get that lucky.

• They don't need to marry to have a relationship. That's barely an obstacle.

Jovoltrot posted: »

• He probably is lol. In the show the characters are aged younger than they look. A lot of the posters here age the characters much younger than what they look. That's what happens when you watch too much Game Of Thrones.

AAA_Jane posted: »

Gared is 16-19? I thought he was 25.

• Well, that's a good reason. Age of characters is not.

People supporting this ship should keep their runny nose to kids fairy tale,there's no way a noble family would marry their precious daughter to a lowly commoner with nothing to offer.

• Gared + Talia = Galia or Tared :3

• edited June 2017

naik posted: »

They don't need to marry to have a relationship. That's barely an obstacle.

• If the North Grove is real than Gared can offer them salvation. Pretty big offer.

People supporting this ship should keep their runny nose to kids fairy tale,there's no way a noble family would marry their precious daughter to a lowly commoner with nothing to offer.

• edited September 2015

That's still normal for ASOIAF/GoT

Gared is in his early 20's, Talia is probably 14/15, so please...

• I guess you're right.

Brodester08 posted: »

That's still normal for ASOIAF/GoT

• Talia is a not a princess, she is a lady. Her family has very few allies, possibly only the Glenmores and look at what's happened to them, and are on the verge of extinction. Remember how the only way Rodrick was able to get Elaena to agree to marry him (and she admitted that she loved him) was to offer her family half of the ironwood forrest? What would Talia bring to the marriage besides a title and a pretty face?

I don't think anyone is going to be too keen to ally themselves with the Forresters as it stands in the story. I'm curious to see what happens to Mira. I mean, if Mira and the determinant brother dies... then it'll just be Talia and Ryon. Then.

Maybe the lord could easily grant him one,but there's still no benefit in marrying a recently knighted person,the Forresters would rather lo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.