Did your favourite brother stay behind?

Just curious. I know most people saved Asher, but I'm wondering if that's because most people's favourite brother is Asher... or because most people just felt it was the right choice?

So let me know :) The brother you left behind, be it Asher or Rodrik, were they favourite of the two, or not?

Comments

• I saved Asher because

DAT ASH

• I liked them both but Rodrik made more sense to survive to me so Asher died.

• It's a tough choice, but I'd pick Rodrik as my favorite. Whether or not he was my favorite did not play into my choice though - I decided it was Rodrik's fight to finish as the Lord of the House, so I let him be the one to escape. Also, I didn't want to give Gryff the satisfaction of killing the current Lord Forester.

• Asher was my favorite but I couldn't let Elaena go Catelyn/Lysa crazy.

• I saved Asher because Episode 4 and 5 finally gave him screen time so he could finally be my favorite character, in fact the reason I bought GoT was because seeing Asher in the Ep 2 trailer. Also, Rodrick staying behind felt better to me, I really didnt want Asher to arrive to just die. Having Rodrick stay to save Asher just felt right to me.

• Nope... Rodrik is probably my favourite Telltale character to date and I got him out of there. I love Asher to death but I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to Rodders, even though I know if it was up to him no way he'd let Asher stay. I just couldn't after everything he's been through with the Red Wedding and Gryff, okay, and either way my heart is broken. No way I was going to let pissypants daddy's boy Gryff take Rodrik down, Rodrik knows what's been going on all this time firsthand while Asher only has what he's heard, I couldn't take Rodrik away from Talia, and Elaena's pregnant so... ;) Plus I'm counting on Gwyn. If Gryff is dumb enough to go home after that I'm hoping she'll take out his other eye!

• Asher's my favorite and he's alive. But I didn't save him because of that, it just made more sense to me to let him live.

• I agree, it feels like the death is meant for Rodrik.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Asher's my favorite and he's alive. But I didn't save him because of that, it just made more sense to me to let him live.

• I like em both but Rodrik was my favorite. and it absolutely killed me inside leaving him behind. But in the moment I just thought it was what Rodrik would do for his little brother, he went down like a man though :D

• I still haven't decided who's my favourite but Asher and Rodrik are my two favourite characters. It was a difficult choice and I really struggled with it but I ended up saving Asher, I really wanted him to be the one to save the family.

• Rodrik is my favorite character and I just couldn't let him die. He got this sheer force of will and determination. I like the fact that there are two Rodriks essentially, you can hear the differences in his voice when he talks to either his family or household and enemies. One Rodrik is the brother and father-figure to Talia and Ryon, as well as son to Elissa and gentle lover to Elaena. This Rodrik is warm and caring. Another is Lord Rodrik, who is commanding, confident and intelligent as well as fierce and can at times be ruthless.

Not saying that I don't like Asher! He is awesome, a great fighter, hilarious at times and all around cool guy. In my opinion both Asher and Rodrik are just as capable of leading House Forrester. I just felt most connected and immersed into Rodrik whenever I play him. And when I have Asher stay behind to hold the gate, it felt most right to me, because my Asher has been completely devoted in his mission and desire to help his family. It was just simply something what my Asher would have done.

• Rodrik is my favorite character

Yet you've replaced his avatar with that of Rhys. Dave, how could you!? :'-(

Still... nice thoughts as always! I feel the same way, more or less.

Rodrik is my favorite character and I just couldn't let him die. He got this sheer force of will and determination. I like the fact that the

• Thanks! :)

As for my avatar. It was mostly to make my Rhyiona comrades happy and it is Halloween. Once that is done, I will change back to good old, attractive Rodrik. :)

-AsherGrin- posted: »

Rodrik is my favorite character Yet you've replaced his avatar with that of Rhys. Dave, how could you!? :'-( Still... nice thoughts as always! I feel the same way, more or less.

• No problem. :)

And fine, fine... I'll let you off this time xD

Truth be told, I don't actually know what my own avatar is supposed to be. It was set as that after I made my account, and I can't bring myself to change it :P

Thanks! As for my avatar. It was mostly to make my Rhyiona comrades happy and it is Halloween. Once that is done, I will change back to good old, attractive Rodrik.

• I saved Rodrik, he was my favourite all the time. But Asher was my favourite too, I cried like shit when he was left behind.

• I do know of one Youtuber that had Rodrik stay behind even though he was his favourite character. Warning: He swears a lot, he's very loud, he gets really emotional in the final scene and tends to dramatically scream out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" :p.

Dekon, leaves Rodrik (his favourite character) behind.

• I don't know if I have a favourite of the two brothers.

I left Rodrik behind but as soon as I made him stay I burst into tears and continued to cry and say no throughout that scene and throughout the credits. Even seeing the scene with either brother still makes me cry. So I don't know if Rodrik was my favourite but I have never cried so much during a character's death.

• Rodrick was one of my favourite characters, always protecting his house and family to the point of sacrificing his life for Asher. Talia, Elaena, that's your punishment for being annoying bitches. Beskha, Gwyn, you are my cinnamon rolls, I did it for you as well.

• I've never cried while playing a game but I've been close and that scene brought me the closest to crying than I've ever been! It crushed me ;(

Kateis posted: »

I don't know if I have a favourite of the two brothers. I left Rodrik behind but as soon as I made him stay I burst into tears and contin

• It is definitely a heart-breaking scene.

The first time I cried when playing a game was in fact with Arthur... And then I cried my eyes out at Rodrik.
    AgentZ46 posted: »

I've never cried while playing a game but I've been close and that scene brought me the closest to crying than I've ever been! It crushed me ;(

• i still just cant decide. Both are good character. I think its more dramatic if asher dies but...damn Asher :( I dont know if im able to lose him

• Rodrik is my #1 but Asher is my second favorite. I nearly died inside leaving Rodrik behind and wondered if there was something I could do to keep him alive, then I realized there is so I copied my main save and chose Asher to stay behind. Sure it's a cop out but in truth, it's only to see what happens if Rodrik lives because im sticking by my original decision.

• Have 2 save files then.
    Xemnes posted: »

i still just cant decide. Both are good character. I think its more dramatic if asher dies but...damn Asher I dont know if im able to lose him

• Asher was my favourite and the one I ultimately left behind. The ending with Gryff was horrible either way but gut wrenching with Rodrik.

I put the fictional (and possibly pregnant) Elaena's happiness over my fondness of the Asher grin. :(

• I didn't cry, but I did get angry. I also was seriously irritated.
    Kateis posted: »

I don't know if I have a favourite of the two brothers. I left Rodrik behind but as soon as I made him stay I burst into tears and contin

• I have four.
    Menofthe214 posted: »

Have 2 save files then.

• They were both my favorite Forresters so you know... fuck my life.

• I love Rodrik and I was not going to let Gryff have the satisfaction of killing him,

Rodrik is my favorite character and I just couldn't let him die. He got this sheer force of will and determination. I like the fact that the

• and don't think you're going to charm him with that fucking Asher grin.

Asher was my favourite and the one I ultimately left behind. The ending with Gryff was horrible either way but gut wrenching with Rodrik. I put the fictional (and possibly pregnant) Elaena's happiness over my fondness of the Asher grin.

• edited November 2015

Well whoever dies....!

enter image description here

• Warning: He swears a lot, he's very loud, he gets really emotional in the final scene and tends to dramatically scream out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" :p.

sounds like every big YouTuber ever

I do know of one Youtuber that had Rodrik stay behind even though he was his favourite character. Warning: He swears a lot, he's very loud,

• He's not a big youtuber.

Warning: He swears a lot, he's very loud, he gets really emotional in the final scene and tends to dramatically scream out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" . sounds like every big YouTuber ever

• Asher is my fav and no he didn't.

• Are you talking about Swingpoynt then?

He's not a big youtuber.

• No, I'm talking about Dekon, the links at the bottom of my comment if you want to see for yourself.

Are you talking about Swingpoynt then?

• Rodrik died and he's my favorite character.
    But it's okay, i have 2 save files with different surviving brother

• Yes, Rodrik was my favourite character and stayed behind, that descion for me wasnt about making your favourite bro stay alive, but to make the right move, which is hard plently iof the times, it just felt right for rodrik to stay behind and save his little bro

• edited November 2015

Asher was my favourite and I saved him, because I thought that's what Rodrik would of done and I always thought Asher would be the one to save the family.

• Rodrik is my favourite so I saved him. Also I ll do same thing like Tywin and unleash Sir Royland at Whitehills.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.