Is Sylvi a bastard Targ?

edited October 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Originally I thought she might be albino but she doesn't have the red eyes. In fact, she has the white hair and her eyes look very light blue and perhaps even a lavender/purple tint (on close ups). Very telltale (no pun intended) signs of Targ blood. Does anyone think this is mere coincidence or that she is potentially a bastard Targ considering the story Cotter told about her and the fact that she has no visual similarity to him? It really was an odd choice of Telltale to make her appearance as such considering how close it is to how Targaryen's are described so I am thinking there is a good chance she is an offspring or descendant of one of them (not royal of course as that would collide with the canon too much). The question is how will they (if correct) create the scenario and who will she be in relation to.

Comments

• But she's a Wildling, how would a Targaryen end up being raised North of the Wall by Wildlings? And I'm sure Cotter would know if they had different parents.

• Well Brynden Rivers was a member of the watch at one time and I am sure others have been sent there through the years as well such as third sons, etc. It isn't out of the question that one became a Ranger, went north of the wall and screwed a wildling at one point. You have to admit, from a wildling appearance perspective she is incredibly rare. Cotter never explained the dynamics of his family but only mentioned his Mother (never a Father at all). He also made mention to how the "bad" villagers treated Sylvi which I took as possibly rape given his description. Lot of questions with this subject, too many to really give a decent theory but her appearance just seems so odd given the location and that only one family has that look to them.

AgentZ46 posted: »

But she's a Wildling, how would a Targaryen end up being raised North of the Wall by Wildlings? And I'm sure Cotter would know if they had different parents.

• It maybe possible. Robert did want to kill all the Targs even bastard born so maybe she thought beyond the wall was the safest place for her. Beyond the 7 kingdoms and beyond Robert Baratheon's wrath. Silver hair is a pretty explicit Targ trait and it's the same shade as Daenerys' hair. Good theory :)

• That is actually a great point. Cotter did find a way to the Westeros side of the wall before the events so there is certainly a chance that the Mother fled North once the Targ's were being exterminated by Robert.

Clemenem posted: »

It maybe possible. Robert did want to kill all the Targs even bastard born so maybe she thought beyond the wall was the safest place for he

• Yeah I'd get how The Wildlings would hate Sylvi if she was a rape child of a Crow, their mortal enemy .

medcsu posted: »

Well Brynden Rivers was a member of the watch at one time and I am sure others have been sent there through the years as well such as third

• I assumed that Sylvi was a nod to the The Ice Dragon children's book. Both charaters have white hair and pale skin.

• Not all albinos have red eyes. I dated an albino guy once who had blue eyes that looked greenish when he wore certain colors.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.