The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited October 2015

Continuing my 007 marathon, last night I watched Diamonds are Forever. The final actual full blown plot of Bond vs Blofeld, which is rather a bit lackluster (didn't fully continue the plot from OHMSS ending, they short-ended it. Bond barely showed a grudge against Blofeld, and treated him like any other villain here), but still a fun film. The scene below happens to be one of my favourite scenes...

Bond makes crack jokes over his targets and he doesn't blink an eye, but when someone else does it before him he loses his mind

This is not exactly my most favourite scene, my most favourite is when Bond, as Blofeld would say, is "mountaineering across the roof" of the Williard Whyte building. That scene always makes my heart stop considering if his ropes snaps off he's totally fucked considering how little grasp. I'd shit my pants instantly if I were to look down. lol

Also I'm glad the forum's back to normal, thanks to the guys who fixed it! Alright, gotta scoot, much work to do today! Ciao.

• Same for you.

Lord_EAA posted: »

YOU are awesome

• It's 1 in the morning for me right now. Just got back from seeing 'the Martian'. Awesome movie. And I've been watching a BBC TV film about the developers of GTA.

Gary-Oak posted: »

So, how is everyone today?

• This is a pretty insane statistic.

http://www.motherjones.com/files/CAPGunChart-550.jpg

• Is this accurate? 656,397 seems like a small number given the time frame.

BigBlindMax posted: »

This is a pretty insane statistic.

• edited October 2015

Far more people in America then the army and they are allowed guns they are not trained to use them and their dangers I can see why the numbers may be more

Plus the majority countries the army faced they have far better weapons, armor and technology then Iraq or anyone and are trained to fight and survive

But saying all this, that is sickening seeing how many Americans were killed by guns by each other them numbers are insane these issues needs to be discussed more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

With the amount of funding training people to kill billions they need to train people at home not to kill as well

America must decide is it more important to take an enemys life or save an American life.

• The sources seem legit. We didn't lose that many people in the World Wars (comparatively). I think the American Civil War accounts for the vast majority of our combat deaths.

Is this accurate? 656,397 seems like a small number given the time frame.

• I'd honestly be happier if they left a great movie alone and didn't risk tainting it's name with a sequel.

So I hear that a sequel to Kingsman: The Secret Service is going to be shot starting next April. As someone who fell in love with the first movie, this greatly pleases me.

• Yeah, the gun deaths aren't just intentional murders either. Accidents and (I think) gunshot suicides are also counted.

We have a pervasive gun culture, but as a gun owner myself, it shocks me how unsafely a lot of people use them.

Markd4547 posted: »

Far more people in America then the army and they are allowed guns they are not trained to use them and their dangers I can see why the numb

• But like 400,000 Americans died from World War II, but the Civil War was deadlier and killed more Americans?

They aren't counting Confederate deaths?

• edited October 2015

I...don't know about this. Over 400,000 Americans died in World War II alone, and I believe the figure was close to 125,000 during World War I. The Civil War caused the biggest loss of American lives. I can't say for certain how many soldiers died, but in total (civilians included) I'm certain that at least close to over 620,000 died.

• Guys, even if the numbers are exaggerated, that's still a surprising statistic.

• Tobi, you need help.

yawn Try something new.

• No, you can't buy modship.

• Yes you're out of milk.

• It's also why you come back.

• You know you love us.

• My 6917 likes say otherwise.

• enter image description here

But like 400,000 Americans died from World War II, but the Civil War was deadlier and killed more Americans? They aren't counting Confederate deaths?

• You do know that's just combat deaths, right? Check with again with everyone who died, not just from the fighting, but from other causes during the war.

• They flagged yer comment.

• It's only counting combat KIA.

I...don't know about this. Over 400,000 Americans died in World War II alone, and I believe the figure was close to 125,000 during World War

• Pretty sure it only counts KIA statistics.

But like 400,000 Americans died from World War II, but the Civil War was deadlier and killed more Americans? They aren't counting Confederate deaths?

• Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I would say kind of unfair though, if all gun-related activates (such as accidents and suicides) are counted but only KIA in the military.

Pretty sure it only counts KIA statistics.

• edited October 2015

Heh heh. It must bring you such confidence to mock people behind the sceen, but I wonder... would you still have the spine to say it in my face? Hm, probably not. :)

I just don't get it, I try to get along with you so many times, even defended you one time behind the scenes, willing to play with you on gta (which I was unable to play as much since I had other things to worry about, I'm able to do it this month), but you just love to push. It's no wonder you're alone, and so many don't like your guts. If you feel compelled to mock people just to feel a little better, then I feel sorry for you. So with all due respect, Paps, I think you're the one who needs help. Good day. Maybe one day you can learn to be a little more mature.

papai46 posted: »

Tobi, you need help.

• edited October 2015

enter image description here

Irish have 7,500 military and didn't get put on the list

• Graphs don't have to be fair, just empirically accurate. It's still a damming testament to the cost of unrestricted gun ownership.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I would say kind of unfair though, if all gun-related activates (such as accidents and suicides) are counted but only KIA in the military.

• Ireland was formally neutral during the war, and the Irish citizens that joined the British are counted in Britian's losses.

Irish have 7,500 military and didn't get put on the list

• True and fair enough :)

Ireland was formally neutral during the war, and the Irish citizens that joined the British are counted in Britian's losses.

• edited October 2015

@saltlick123

Okay America this is just getting ridiculous now?

• Kewl, a Bond marathon! Have you seen them before and you're reviewing or is this your first time seeing them?

Regardless, which one is your favorite so far? My fav's Goldeneye.

• So, I found this, I thought it would maybe make someone's day a little better. Hope you guys like it.

• enter image description here

Nice and positive well done kerny :)

blueneon posted: »

So, I found this, I thought it would maybe make someone's day a little better. Hope you guys like it.

• I got a chance to play the beta at E3 2003, I only played one game but it was fucking awesome, we need to get the Live And Uncut multiplayer remade and put on Xbox One.

enter link description here

enter link description here

• Wouldn't be surprised xD

My opinion is that gun laws is something everyone keeps looking at and don't get me wrong, those are important but no one seems to give a shit about the fact that these derranged peope are out in society in the first place, I think we should focus more on doing something about mental illness and shit even though that can be a grey area at times but I what the hell do I know about anything....

@saltlick123 Okay America this is just getting ridiculous now?

• Thanks for this :)

This is a must watch video about the refugee crisis in Europe. Check it out. https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RvOnXh3NN9w

• LOL. Get it? It's a matter of perspective in BOTH ways. That's clever Good find :)

blueneon posted: »

So, I found this, I thought it would maybe make someone's day a little better. Hope you guys like it.

• enter link description here

Never heard of this game before but watched this playthrough it's insane and I love it so unqiue and genius :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.