Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Might as well end things as friends, I suddenly really like Samuel, damn it Liquid! You're making me like all the murderers! I'm interested in his little revenge misson.

Glad to hear it :D Samuel was always planned as one of these characters who are really unsympathetic at first, but get opportunities to reveal a few more likeable characteristics as the story progresses. His role in the story will definitely be interesting.

God I hope this works, this did not go the way I was planning.

While your plan to anger the Sphynx wasn't a bad one, the main problem in it was that it is very hard to make the Sphynx angry. In fact, the only way to mildly displease him would have been to answer to his questions immediately and truthfully. Since he enjoys torturing Lucas, he wasn't angry in the last part, only a bit frustrated at Lucas' refusal to break. And then there is Mullendore, who undeniably has a short tempter, but as this part proved, angering him is never a wise idea under any circumstance.

Does everyone that works for Butterfly know he still lives or just his inner circle?

The guardsmen who know that Mullendore is Butterfly obviously know that he is not dead, but other than that, only his closest associates are in on his secret.

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Shake his hand and forgive him] Might as well end things as friends, I suddenly really like Samuel, damn it Liquid! You're making me like a

• edited October 2015

Yes, there will still be a storyline in Raylansfair. While not all of the Raylansfair PoV's will survive Book 1, those who do will continue to play a role in Book 2, as Raylansfair struggles with a new situation that arises at the end of Book 1. However, the story will get larger, not necessarily in terms of PoV's (even if a few new ones are planned), but in terms of locations. Storylines in the North, in Dorne and Essos will start, the Kingdoms of Rock, Storm, Mountain and Vale will get some focus and the Riverlands will continue to be a main location in the story. While Raylansfair will still be important, the overall number of Raylansfair PoV's will decrease as some of the current PoV's will die or travel to other locations.

xSensus posted: »

I have a question about book 2, Will it still focus on Raylansfair or will it focus on something else?

• So will Aegon land near the end of book 2?

Yes, there will still be a storyline in Raylansfair. While not all of the Raylansfair PoV's will survive Book 1, those who do will continue

• This is a question I can only answer with a firm maybe. If I'd be more precise about if and when Aegon is coming, it would go too much into spoiler territory, I'm afraid ;)

So will Aegon land near the end of book 2?

• [Shake his hand and forgive him]

[Reveal Dairon's location] i don't even fucking care anymore

Ellena With narrowed eyes, Ellena gave Samuel a short nod. “Give up your weapons and you can enter. Take what you came for and then leave

• [Refuse to shake his hand and leave him]

[Stay silent]

Ellena With narrowed eyes, Ellena gave Samuel a short nod. “Give up your weapons and you can enter. Take what you came for and then leave

• Why don't you care?

[Shake his hand and forgive him] [Reveal Dairon's location] i don't even fucking care anymore

• [Shake his hand and forgive him] Well, I never hated Samuel, but this part did increase my sympathy for him a little.

[Reveal Dairon's location] I think we have avoided this long enough... It's getting a little too suicidal to not talk or try to lie at this point. Could be that Lucas gets killed anyway, but at least we should try.

• No concern for Dairon?

[Shake his hand and forgive him] Well, I never hated Samuel, but this part did increase my sympathy for him a little. [Reveal Dairon's lo

• Is there a way we could've prevented Lucas and Leonard's capture?

• Yes indeed. If Lucas and Leonard would have worked with Mullendore on every occasion, most importantly during the very first part of Chapter 4, then Mullendore wouldn't have been hostile towards them and would have continued to act friendly around them. Lunett would have survived as well and Mullendore wouldn't have been revealed as Butterfly for a long time. On the downside, Mullendore would have captured Dairon and Lord Raylan's last will to further his own goals.

Is there a way we could've prevented Lucas and Leonard's capture?

• Yeah I probably should have mentioned that of course this sucks for Dairon, but honestly I'm just more concerned for Lucas than him - sorry :(

No concern for Dairon?

• Well Samantha is basically at Dairon right now.

No concern for Dairon?

• edited October 2015

[Shake his hand and forgive him]

[Try to lie to him]

• No difference if you allied with the Archmaester?

Yes indeed. If Lucas and Leonard would have worked with Mullendore on every occasion, most importantly during the very first part of Chapter

• Ah, I forgot to mention that path :D There would have been heavy changes indeed, just as choosing Mullendore would have heavily altered the story. Lucas and Leonard would have still been captured if they would have worked with Quent. However, very early into Chapter 4, Quent would have offered to hide Lunett and Dairon with Archmaester Wulvren, which would have resulted in Lunett surviving the chapter. She would have been reencountered together with Dairon in Samantha's storyline in this chapter. After safely hiding Lunett and Dairon, Quent would have made a plan to manipulate Mullendore, whom he sees as little more than a thuggish simpleton, into helping Lucas and Leonard out of the city. Of course, this plan would have backfired, resulting in Lucas and Leonard getting captured. Depending on your choices in this chapter, Samantha could have allied herself with Quent to free them.

No difference if you allied with the Archmaester?

• **[Shake his hand and forgive him] **

[Stay silent]

[Try to lie to him] he is so angry this might actually work.

• [Shake his hand and forgive him] [Stay silent]

• [Refuse to shake his hand and leave him] No...just no. I dont want him to sleep well. I want him to stay awake at night and regret it. I want him to have a bad feeling every night of his life. Sry if I sound harsh

[Try to lie to him] just hold on Lucas :(

• [Shake his hand and forgive him] I don't really see why not. Everyone has their faults and when someones family is involved, it just gets bad. Maybe we have the chance at getting a potential ally?

[Reveal Dairon's location] man... Lucas... I feel for you... I don't think he can take much more...

[Try to lie to him]

• [Shake his hand and forgive him] This part was awesome. Loved it. Finally to see Samuel's backstory revealed, although its not in great detail, but it works enough. I'm getting the Jaime Lannister vibes here, where I first didn't like him but now I sympathize with him.

[Try to lie to him] I hope this plan works. If not, well RIP Lucas.

• edited October 2015

Whose part is next?

• It's going to be an important Samantha part, and maybe I'm putting in a very short Lucas PoV as well, to show you the consequences of the last vote >:D

Whose part is next?

• edited October 2015

Well, shit. R.I.P Lucas

It's going to be an important Samantha part, and maybe I'm putting in a very short Lucas PoV as well, to show you the consequences of the last vote >:D

• Will it be out today?

It's going to be an important Samantha part, and maybe I'm putting in a very short Lucas PoV as well, to show you the consequences of the last vote >:D

• JonStarkJonStark Banned
    edited October 2015

[Shake his hand and forgive him]

[Reveal Dairon's location]
    None of these choices seem to be good.

• [Shake his hand and forgive him] [Stay silent]

• edited October 2015

Maybe. I'm currently writing the part an it makes good progress, but since all three options in the voting currently have a chance at winning, I might take things a bit slower and leave the voting open for another day. However, if I manage to finish the part without having to pull another all-nighter, I will put it out today.

Will it be out today?

[Reveal Dairon's location]
    Davith will kick Mullendores ass.

[Try to lie to him]

[Try to lie to him]

• I don't get why the Sphynx wanted Mullendore to stop beating Lucas.

• The Sphynx knows how important Lucas is for their goal, since he is the only one who knows where Dairon is hiding. He also realized that Mullendore was absolutely furious at the moment and about to beat Lucas to death, so he had to step in to prevent him from killing such an important prisoner.

Hazard20 posted: »

I don't get why the Sphynx wanted Mullendore to stop beating Lucas.

• Oh so I guess being silent could work, Although Lucas would lose a few limbs.

The Sphynx knows how important Lucas is for their goal, since he is the only one who knows where Dairon is hiding. He also realized that Mul

• Well, you can never know. Everyone has their breaking point and I can confirm that Lucas is pretty damn close to reach his. He is not trained to resist methodic torture and while it is remarkable that he managed to resist for so long, he can't take it forever. Even if you choose to stay silent, that's not a guarantee that Lucas will manage to stay silent. Mullendore and the Sphynx know, ultimately they will get their answer. There are only two questions left for them, first, when will this be and second, how will Lucas physical and especially his mental condition be at this point.

Hazard20 posted: »

Oh so I guess being silent could work, Although Lucas would lose a few limbs.

• Hazard20Hazard20 Banned
    edited October 2015

He didn't get it as bad as Theon, Well not yet anyway.

Well, you can never know. Everyone has their breaking point and I can confirm that Lucas is pretty damn close to reach his. He is not traine

• But even if he does tell them they will still kill him and I don't think they'll give him a quick death.

Well, you can never know. Everyone has their breaking point and I can confirm that Lucas is pretty damn close to reach his. He is not traine

• Ok Next discussion question i came up with.

Who do you think is the most moral/mercyful character so far?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.