Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Time for another edition of "More shit I never knew you could do in this game"!

enter link description here

enter link description here

• I would've loved to see a cult like group in Amid The Ruins.

Arctic0ne posted: »

It would be very interesting to have a Father who was insane because of the infected in Amid The Ruins

• The Hard Ass Bandit also uses the same body model as Kenny... so its possible to make Kenny's shirt into the "Hard Ass" one if you mess with the texture :P

Did you know the "Hard Ass Bandit" model appears in the 400 days dlc and in the same episode he have a blank shirt texture This one

• Remember Nick's mum aka Pete's sister? Well, she fled Howe's along with the cabin group and Reggie who got left behind, right? They settled at the cabin and took care of a bitten female survivor they came across. She then reanimated and killed Nick's mum.

However, when Carver arrives at the cabin he mentions he's looking for only a couple of farmboys, an old man, Spanish guy and his daughter, a big black guy and a pretty pregnant lady. Notice that someone is absent in his mentions.

That's not all. If you kept all possible cabin members alive until you meet Reggie, he'll ask of those absent: Pete who is already dead and Carlos who was taken away to get his fingers fixed. He forgets to mention one more person, once again.

Just realized this not too long ago and just wanted to share with ya'all. Heh.

• edited October 2015

True, texture swapped and it fit perfectly, speaking of similarities: BanditF uses Vernon face, Drew glasses with darker frames and Lee shirt but it is a rehash of Kenny model

AGentlman posted: »

The Hard Ass Bandit also uses the same body model as Kenny... so its possible to make Kenny's shirt into the "Hard Ass" one if you mess with the texture :P

• enter image description here

In both Seasons of the Game, there is a zombie model with flawless hair, grey skin, and black eyes. Judging from one of his first appearances, (Stumbling outside of the T.V. store in Episode one) I think that the look of this zombie could be a reference to one of the main characters from the zombie flick "Dawn of the Dead" once (Spoilers) he became a zombie.

enter image description here

• flawless hair

He must use that shampoo specially made for zombies!

UCAAV29784 posted: »

In both Seasons of the Game, there is a zombie model with flawless hair, grey skin, and black eyes. Judging from one of his first appearance

• No matter what choices I make, I can never get the Stranger to mention my choice of Carley/Doug while everyone else always seems to get it. What am I missing?

• The Carley/Doug choice is basically one of the last things the Stranger will ever mention so you have to do mostly "good" things to get that dialog.

UCAAV29784 posted: »

No matter what choices I make, I can never get the Stranger to mention my choice of Carley/Doug while everyone else always seems to get it. What am I missing?

• Time to kickstart this thread again

The dumpsters they use as gates for the motor inn was actually Larry's idea. If you click on the dumpsters in episode 2, Lee will say "As much as I hate to admit it, Larry was right; these make a pretty good front gate."

• enter image description here

There's a 4th Amid The Ruins slide. The PS3 version has the Vince silhouette, the PC one has the Kenny silhouette. Not much but it's something.

• Good front gate until ep3

Deltino posted: »

Time to kickstart this thread again The dumpsters they use as gates for the motor inn was actually Larry's idea. If you click on the dump

• I still want to know where they were originally going with episodes 4 and 5, especially with all the alternative episode 4 slides and the placeholder episode slides.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

There's a 4th Amid The Ruins slide. The PS3 version has the Vince silhouette, the PC one has the Kenny silhouette. Not much but it's something.

• Probably something with some of the 400 Day characters, a town, a church and then some.

eRock92 posted: »

I still want to know where they were originally going with episodes 4 and 5, especially with all the alternative episode 4 slides and the placeholder episode slides.

• Telltale makes the episode slides before they have any idea of what happens in the episode past episode 1. They said this a while back in the TFtBL AMA

I still want to know where they were originally going with episodes 4 and 5, especially with all the alternative episode 4 slides and the placeholder episode slides.

• I don't believe that mess we got was intended from the beginning either. Before the episode was released everyone had different slides. It appears that everyone has the same one now, maybe they were actually going somewhere with it, very disappointing.

• enter link description here

IGN recently did an interesting and candid interview with Sean Vanaman, lead writer of Firewatch and project lead/lead writer of the original Walking Dead game, about his past work for Disney and Telltale and his current work at Campo Santo. Interview starts at 1:33:00.

A few things I found interesting:

1. The choice and timed dialogue mechanics were initially created by the original TWDG team to address matters that were unique to their project. At the time Vanaman didn’t think that those mechanics would become the template that Telltale would use for all their future games. 2:15:52 - 2:20:41

2. Vanaman admits he misses writing for the Walking Dead characters, expresses an interest in working with Clementine again and has some ideas for her story. 2:09:32 - 2:10:57

3. Early in TWDG S2′s development Vanaman wrote a rough draft of the entire season arc and a script for the first episode before handing his work to Nick Breckon and leaving Telltale. Most of that work was then completely “redone”, enough that he feels he has no creative ownership over Season 2. 2:21:50 - 2:23:12

4. The choice to make Lee black wasn’t an arbitrary one; it plays a subtle but important part in his character and affects his interactions with other characters in the post-apocalyptic South. 2:11:49 - 2:13:20

(This is a tumblr post from badclem)

• Most of that work was then completely “redone”

No fucking wonder.

I wonder what S2 would have been like if he remained lead writer...

enter link description here IGN recently did an interesting and candid interview with Sean Vanaman, lead writer of Firewatch and project

• edited December 2015

That explains a lot with this "Most of that work was then completely “redone”

Maybe thats why Ralph as Mike never happened

enter link description here IGN recently did an interesting and candid interview with Sean Vanaman, lead writer of Firewatch and project

• Expect to never see Christa or Lilly again

That explains a lot with this "Most of that work was then completely “redone” Maybe thats why Ralph as Mike never happened

• Much better.

CosmicSouls posted: »

Most of that work was then completely “redone” No fucking wonder. I wonder what S2 would have been like if he remained lead writer...

• Not sure if this has been mentioned but you know when Lee tries to free Ben's teacher from the bear trap and he says 'there's no release latch!' Well as every trap has to have a release latch by law in America someone had to have removed the latch. It is said that this was in fact the St. John's bear trap and the removed the latch to keep any prey, bear or human, in the trap and they only didn't get Bens teacher because he was 'contaminated' :/

• Given how Kenny's return garnered a fair amount of controversy due to his newer characterization and his arguably heavy-handed impact on the story, perhaps its for the best that Christa and Lilly don't return.

Expect to never see Christa or Lilly again

• It would all depend on how they handle it. I would like to see those characters again, so long as it doesn't create the same problem as with Kenny where they're not the protagonist and yet they're taking a great deal of spotlight away from the main character.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Given how Kenny's return garnered a fair amount of controversy due to his newer characterization and his arguably heavy-handed impact on the story, perhaps its for the best that Christa and Lilly don't return.

• edited December 2015

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Christa and Lilly again, but it would mean that there's a risk of both characters being ruined by poor handling of characterization or end up being used as opportunities for the players to treat them as punching bags, simply because a writer's bias gets in the way of writing quality.

Given how the Cabin Group were tossed aside to favor Kenny and Jane's presence, and how Mike and Bonnie were suddenly demonized in the finale with no foreshadowing or justification for their betrayal, I don't really have much hope that Christa and Lilly would be treat fairly.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

It would all depend on how they handle it. I would like to see those characters again, so long as it doesn't create the same problem as with

• I think Season 2 tried to do too much with the season that it was. I was re-watching some of the first episode again recently with the segment of searching around the cabin, and it got me thinking Telltale could have easily extended the time in that location by another episode. Carver and Kenny could have still happened, but everything after that got very sloppy. A better season conclusion may have been at leaving it with group escaping Carver's camp, and only having a few members remaining to carry over into the next season. Not an exact Episode 3 copied over into the finale, but I think you understand what I mean.

It bothers me a lot that so much was cut, and that of what we know of; Mike originally being one of the men that attacked Christa, and a fishing segment from the first episode where Clementine would help catch fish with some of the group [Pete, Nick, Luke and Alvin on what I remember]. I recall one time it was mentioned somewhere they tested having a hub section where Clementine walked around the cabin and spoke with some of the group. The thing is, they all seem like really good ideas. If they were bad ideas I'd understand, but they're not. Even without having seen them, I would still go as far as to say that ideas on paper alone, they were what the season needed.

And I understand what you mean. I don't have much hope neither, and I feel sad about that.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Christa and Lilly again, but it would mean that there's a risk of both characters being ruined by po

• I also believe there was supposed to be a scene where Clementine loses her hat, and she finds Sam with it. Would've been cool seeing her hatless in the game rather than just in an episode slide.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I think Season 2 tried to do too much with the season that it was. I was re-watching some of the first episode again recently with the segme

• edited December 2015

Originally, he was going too be stuck there and the group would leave him(which can happen)... But instead later in the episode Mark does not get hit with an arrow, and David Parker (Ben's teacher) was gonna be dinner. I guess the St Johns picked him up, possibly saved him from the Walkers and go to the Motor Inn to meet the group later. Most likely because David said something about them before he knew Danny's and Andy's intentions.. Mark would then get left behind at the Motor Inn in Episode 3 during the Bandit attack.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but you know when Lee tries to free Ben's teacher from the bear trap and he says 'there's no release lat

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2015

Actually, I think the thing about Mark is wrong, from the looks of it. How it really seems to go is that there were two outcomes to the bear trap scene; either you cut David free, which would lead to him dying as he does currently, Mark only getting an arrow in his shoulder, and ending up being dinner. If you didn't cut him out of the trap, you leave him behind, but he wouldn't be killed by walkers. Mark would get killed during the bandit attack later in the episode when they're fixing the fence (there's textures for Mark with gunshot wounds to the head and torso, as well as multiple alternate lines from Lee and other characters where they mention Mark is dead, and well as actual death sounds for Mark), and David would be found upstairs instead.

Originally, he was going too be stuck there and the group would leave him(which can happen)... But instead later in the episode Mark does n

• edited December 2015

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That explains those textures! I been wondering what those were for.... I thought they were just textures if Lee fails the scene and Mark gets shot two but they never really showed them. Thanks for the info.... I think I still read something about Mark being left behind in ep3 though if David was dinner, maybe 3 different outcomes? But was scrapped due to time restraint maybe?

EDIT: Yup, found some lines about Mark being dead.
    Kenny

Lee
    Lee2
    Lee3
    Lee4
    Lee5

Lilly
    Lilly2
    Lilly3
    Lill4 Funny, the script says "Mark is a decent guy...was a decent guy..." on Lilly4 at the beginning.

Danny

Andy

Probably more but I don't have S1 Clem,Kat and Larry files extracted atm

Deltino posted: »

Actually, I think the thing about Mark is wrong, from the looks of it. How it really seems to go is that there were two outcomes to the bear

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2015

I think I heard that it might have had something to do with it not making sense that Mark dies one way and not the other.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That explains those textures! I been wondering what those were for.... I thought they were just textu

• edited December 2015

Same thing with In Harm's Way with the way more chaotic howe's escape or even taking a picture with the Dog (Unused files for a polaroid picture that was supposed to be for the dog)

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I also believe there was supposed to be a scene where Clementine loses her hat, and she finds Sam with it. Would've been cool seeing her hatless in the game rather than just in an episode slide.

• Anyone else thinking it might not have been a coincidence?
    Maybe the survivor was a plant.

Remember Nick's mum aka Pete's sister? Well, she fled Howe's along with the cabin group and Reggie who got left behind, right? They settled

• You can drink from a cup of old water in Clem's kitchen.

• I think Clive is who you are thinking of. Boyd never talked in the main game.

* Depending of how you talk to Nate in the truck he may or may not turn his music on * Glenn's red t-shirt makes a reference to a band ca

• It's coming sooooooooon

The only slide that's better then the current is Better To Sleep IMO.

• edited December 2015

With a few dialog choices Boyd will step in and talk in EP4

I think Clive is who you are thinking of. Boyd never talked in the main game.

• Chapter 3, beginning the second season: Clementine look at the PTT of Carver, if you answer that you had a push to talk like that, it asks you if you want to talk to your mom and dad, Clementine answers they die. Carver to treat you softly and sits in front of you, and says Clementine is not unique. Everyone's parents have died.

• Oh really? Well Clive is on that list too. He had the "we need you here" line in episode 5 that was a different voice actor.

With a few dialog choices Boyd will step in and talk in EP4

• edited December 2015

True, Boyd will say something like "Vern, We need medicine. Joyce is in a lot of pain, I can't bear to see her like this. Maybe it's worth the risk." Joyce is the only one that doesn't speak at all

Oh really? Well Clive is on that list too. He had the "we need you here" line in episode 5 that was a different voice actor.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.