Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited October 2015

[Refuse to surrender and use the Wildfire on them] Gimme fuel,
    Gimme fire,
    Gimme that which I desire,
    Ooh! Well then Ser Rodrick, lets see how you fare against fire. Hopefully more effective than The Moggy.

John “Perhaps we should have waited until tomorrow”, Janae remarked, letting out a loud yawn as she walked next to John through the night

• Hm, I see where you're coming from. John is indeed quick, perhaps even a bit too quick, to trust him. The reason behind this is that he realized that Daghan would almost certainly overpower him if it comes to a fight between them and that keeping his guard up won't help. He also thinks that if Daghan really wants to fight against him, he would have done so, as neither John nor Janae could hold their own against him and that makes him believe that this man is at least not his enemy. Finally, when he openly tells him why they are at the tower, that's not exactly stupidity, it's just John's way of not giving any fucks. Harris has hired him to find the treasure, he hasn't hired him to lie to and possibly enrage a seven-feet tall brute of a man.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The fact that John is so quick to let his guard down and trust Daghan really irks me.

• Well, I personally would want a chaos and wildfire, I just want some fun and while i don't have anything against John, if in his next part he burns Rodrik and most of his people(which equals fun) I won't care about consequences. Also fighting with this amount of people would not be so wise if you don't have advantage over them. And they are a bit tired for classic fighting because of our last choice.

So maybe our choice is not rush and we really think it will be good (enough, they are really screwed anyway by previous choice) and of course fun.

Lord_EAA posted: »

You know i'm torn. I wan't to tell everyone to think of the possible consequences of acting so rashly, but i also wan't them to get horrible outcomes for making such a violent and badly though out choice.

• [Refuse to surrender and use the Wildfire on them]

John “Perhaps we should have waited until tomorrow”, Janae remarked, letting out a loud yawn as she walked next to John through the night

• edited October 2015

Ok i said i was torn but then again nobody normally changes the choice they voted for originally. So i'll tell you 5 ways this could backfire horribly.

1) The Wildfire is ineffective (Not likely but still)

2) They manage to get in before you start it and kill you all as revenge.

3) It accidentally kills or injures one or more of our people.

4) Some survive and tell people who we will meet later.

5) The wildfire goes out of control and it kills everybody (or most people at least)

Well, I personally would want a chaos and wildfire, I just want some fun and while i don't have anything against John, if in his next part h

• [Refuse to surrender and fight]Never trust a sellsword! But I don't know why yall want to use Wildfire, you planning on burning this forest down or something?

• My bet is on 3 and 4 on happening, cause as John said, Wildfire isn't something one casually uses.

Lord_EAA posted: »

Ok i said i was torn but then again nobody normally changes the choice they voted for originally. So i'll tell you 5 ways this could backfir

• [removed]

• edited October 2015

Hi Rhaeygar! Bye Rhaeygar! I hope this is the last time I see you here, even though your trolling almost starts to amuse me.

• OH JESUS MY CHARACTER! <3 MUST READ IT! !!!

• edited October 2015

I'm so exited ^-^ Glad to see my character appear. Sooo cool! Thx Liquid.
    [Refuse to surrender and fight] it's just the smartest thing... I'm a bit affraid that the wildfire could burn us too.

• [removed]

• POLL

http://strawpoll.me/5838254 oddly enough, the second I created the poll there was already one vote (I don't know why) so one Lucas Flowers vote doesn't count.

• This story can go fuck itselfie

*itself

If you ever encounter another problem with grammar or spelling, feel free to write me a PM! I am always happy to help the orthographically challenged.

• This is a very interesting question! As you know, some of the characters on this list already had the potential to become darker characters, like Richard in case Jenna would have died, or Leonard, in case he would have been the one to get tortured by the Sphynx. And other characters, not necessarily limited to the ones on this list, are already planned to become darker characters in time. I'm curious to see what the other readers think :)

POLL http://strawpoll.me/5838254 oddly enough, the second I created the poll there was already one vote (I don't know why) so one Lucas Flowers vote doesn't count.

• The Voting is closed!

John will fight back against the Second Sons and he will use the Wildfire against them

I am not at all surprised that this option won. Strangely enough, this option wasn't planned in my original draft for this part, where only the choice to fight back without Wildfire or to surrender have been planned. While writing this part, I realized there is no way I am not going to give you the option to actually use the weapon of mass destruction John just found. You'll see wether or not this was a wise choice in the next John part. The wait won't even nearly be as long as the wait between the first and second John part in this chapter. I think you also see now why I couldn't write the second John part earlier. First, I had to write how the Second Sons left the tavern and presumably the city of Raylansfair in the second Ilish part and to write that one, I had to finish Lyria's fight against Wolfius. Sometimes, it can be a pain in the ass to have so many connected storylines :D

Anyway, the next part should be finished later today. It is going to be the chapter finale for Alys and Jenna. The Alys part is already written and the Jenna part shouldn't be too much work anymore. The last time we saw Alys, she witnessed another great example of Harren Hoare's twisted definition of justice, when he dealt with Harmund's actions in Chapter 4. Alys was so disgusted by this that she decided to leave the great hall of Harrenhal together with Carvin, who wanted to have a little archery contest with Hjalgar.

Meanwhile, Jenna was ordered by Harris to find out if Septon Corbin, one of the few people who know the truth about Harris' involvement in Ser Ilhan's death, is behind the attack on Jenna and Halla in Chapter 3. She decided to visit the Septon alone, so that she wouldn't attract any suspicion and started to talk to him. During this talk, she got the strong suspicion that the Septon is indeed behind the attacks. She had the choice of either accusing him directly, attacking him in a fit of rage, or to try her best to trick him into confessing. She chose the latter option.

• Oddly enough, I chose Richard. He is far from my favorite character, but I thought becoming a darker personality might actually make him more interesting. I think Lucas would be a close second, but I also like him as he... was. Now I think he will not be the same, but I don't think he will really be that much darker, just traumatized... Which is dark in its own way I guess. And we don't know Arthur that well yet so I'd first like to know him better before seeing him possibly turn darker. And with Leonard, well, in my eyes he has had this evolution from kind of a dick to a very nice and loyal lad so it would be sad to see him develop to darker personality... It would be kinda like Jaime going back to "dark side" now (which I think could possibly even happen - in the last books he did show some hints of Tywinism and in the show his daughter died in his arms.)

POLL http://strawpoll.me/5838254 oddly enough, the second I created the poll there was already one vote (I don't know why) so one Lucas Flowers vote doesn't count.

• edited October 2015

Alys

“I can't take him anymore”, Alys hissed, glancing at Harren Hoare. The king had a cruel grin on his face as he looked at two of his thralls, who slowly started to carry out the body of the poor farmhand he just murdered. The lords of the Iron Islands had a rather amused look on their face, or at the very least, indifferent to their kings brutality, while the Riverlords looked intimidated, meek, spineless.

Edward gave her a worried look, but said nothing as she closely followed Carvin, who shouldered his way through the crowd. Hostile glares hit her whenever Carvin had to push someone aside, but thankfully, no one tried to stop them. Even though she knew it was only her anxiety, she could swear that she could feel Harren Hoare's glare.

Only as she finally stepped out of the Great Hall, she realized that she had almost held her breath during the past minute. Gasping for air, she allowed a fresh cold breeze into her lung. Carvin gave her a look that was somewhere between affability and indifference, before he looked around across the courtyard. “Now, where is he?”, he mumbled, wordlessly commanding Alys to follow.

“Hey there!”, a young, male voice called out and as Carvin and Alys turned around, they saw the young, lanky man that had been in Harlan Hoare's group, the one Carvin had a score to settle with. He was holding a longbow in each hand and Carvin smirked as he saw him. “Hjalgar!”, he greeted him. “Are you ready to get humiliated?” He looked past him and Alys saw that the other men from Harlan's group were with him. “And I see you even brought some friends. You are really eager to let everyone see what a bad archer you are”

“That remains to be seen”, Hjalgar mumbled humbly, before raising one of the longbows he was holding. “I suppose, the longbow is to your satisfaction?” With these words, he threw one of the bows towards Carvin, who quickly caught it. “I prefer the crossbow, but I guess you're too weak to cock it”, he answered in a mocking tone. Hjalgar shook his head. “Not at all”, he claimed. “It's just that shooting something with a crossbow lacks skill. It's loud and crude”

Carvin pressed his lips together, obviously upset at these words, before he pointed at Alys. “May I introduce my lovely companion, Lady Alys of House Boleyn. You have already met, if I'm not mistaken”, he growled. At least Hjalgar had the decency to look ashamed. “We met briefly, yesterday evening”, he mumbled, before he looked at his companions. “These are Torvin Breaker and Gabin Strad”

Gabin looked similarly ashamed to meet Alys again, barely looking up, but Torvin, the bearded man, he looked her straight in the eye and she had to be the first to look away. Was it regret she saw in his eyes, or something else?

“So, we build a little target over there”, Hjalgar explained, pointing at Harrenhal's western wall. “Five shots each of us. Winner takes...” He paused for a moment. “We haven't really talked about that one, have we?”, he mumbled. “If you win, you'll get my bow” Carvin raised an eyebrow, before he chuckled. “I have little use for a bow, but so be it. I suppose you want my crossbow in the unlikely case of your victory?”, he answered.

Hjalgar shook his head. “As I said, I hate crossbows”, he mumbled. “How about that ring on your finger? It looks pretty valuable” Carvin narrowed his eyes, decidedly shaking his head. “No”, he simply hissed, signalizing that he wouldn't discuss this further. “Take my crossbow or leave it, but you won't get this ring”

With these words, he started to walk towards the western wall and Alys saw that he was absent-mindedly moving his finger across the plain, brazen ring on his left, slightly smiling while he did so. She fastened her steps to catch up to him, giving him a curious look. “Where is the woman who gave you this?”, she asked, as it was obvious how much it meant to him. He looked up, slightly surprised for a moment, before he shook his head. “Oh, it wasn't... it's not what it...”, he stuttered, before he let out a sigh. “It belonged to my sister, Ilish”

Considerably calmer than before, he stopped walking and stood a dozen feet across from Hjalgar, as soon as they had reached a small target that stood against the western wall. Torvin and Gabin silently took place to Hjalgar's left, while Alys stood right beside Carvin. “Five shots...”, the sellsword mumbled as he looked at Hjalgar. The young man gave him a nod, before he cocked an arrow and took aim. As Carvin and Alys watched him carefully, Hjalgar's arrow flew across the courtyard and almost hit the center of the target.

“That was... not bad”, Carvin remarked, utterly surprised. He gave Alys a friendly smile. “You're just going to stand there, little lady?”, he asked. “You have to cheer me on” Alys reciprocated his smile, albeit far less enthusiastically, as she raised a fist towards the sky. “Sure. Cheering you on”, she remarked as flat and toneless as possible. “Go, Carvin, I guess...”

Carvin looked at her for a moment, raising an eyebrow, before both of them had to chuckle. “Changed my mind”, he remarked. “Just stand at my side and look good, that should be cheering enough for me” He grinned, as he took aim with his bow, sending the arrow across the courtyard, where it hit the target slightly more to the centre, compared to Hjalgar's arrow. A pleased smile formed on Carvin's face, just as Hjalgar let out a displeased sound. “You bring me luck, Alys”, Carvin joked and she caught him glancing at the ring on his finger once more. Even though she wanted to answer similarly light-hearted, her curiosity got once more the best of her.

“What happened to your sister?”, she asked and noticed that Carvin's smile vanished. The expression that replaced it wasn't all sadness. It was regret, yearning, the hint of fond memories. “I haven't seen her in years”, Carvin mumbled slowly. “I was a different man back then. Selfish and hot-headed, always a terrible combination” He closed his eyes, just as Alys saw Hjalgar hitting the exact centre of the target. “I hurt her”, Carvin admitted as he slowly pulled out another arrow from his quiver. “I regret it every second, but I don't know if I can set things right ever again. Both, me and Ilish, we might be gone too far for that” He pressed his lips together as he carefully took aim. “You still love her, don't you?”, Alys asked and Carvin gave her a short nod, as he shot the arrow, hitting the target close to the centre again.

“Nice shot”, she remarked and Carvin's smirk returned, even if it looked a tiny bit forced. “I know what you're trying to do, little lady”, he informed her and she raised her eyebrows. “Do you?”, she remarked dryly. Carvin chuckled, as he watched Hjalgar taking aim for his third shot. “Looks like you took a liking to that beanpole over there. You're trying to put me off with your questions, so that I may loose to him”, he answered with a sarcastic grin.

Alys took a deep breath, quickly shaking her head. “What?”, she asked, trying to keep her voice down, so that Hjalgar wouldn't hear her. “Him? No! Not my type” Carvin's grin got a bit wider. “Interesting. So, who is your type then? Me?” Alys widely opened her eyes, even though she knew he wasn't serious at the moment. “No?”, Carvin asked with a look of feigned disappointment on his face, just as Hjalgar took his third shot. “Who then? Anturion?”

This time, Alys almost had to join in on his big grin. “Hells no!”, she answered quickly. “How old is he anyway?” “Thirty-two”, Carvin answered immediately and Alys let out a short grunt. “Almost twice my age”, she revealed. “Although he is quite handsome, I have to adm...” Her smile vanished, as she glared at Carvin. “Why are we talking about this anyway?”, she spat.

With an infuriatingly wide smirk, Carvin pulled out another arrow from his quiver, cocking it without even looking at the target. He proceeded by shooting the arrow blindly at the target, hitting it slightly above the centre. “Because you tried to put me off my stride, so I put you off your stride first”, he answered. Alys gave him a glare. “I never tried to do that and you know it. I was just curious”, she hissed, even though she felt amused by this banter. “Just face it, Lady Alys, my nerves are way harder than yours”, Carvin answered with a chuckle.

“You're unbelievable!”, Alys laughed and Carvin gave her a nod. “I know”, he answered, before he narrowed his eyes, looking at Hjalgar's friends. For a moment, she thought that the bearded man was looking at them, before she realized that he was looking right past them, across the whole courtyard and towards the eastern gate. She followed his glance and saw a group of riders entering Harrenhal. Even from afar she recognized their banners. House Tully of Riverrun.

Before she could react, Torvin started to walk towards her. She saw how Carvin put a hand on the hilt of his sword, but Torvin didn't even flinch as he walked straight past him. Alys shivered as he put one of his massive hands onto her shoulder. “Your room is in the King's Tower, right?”, he asked and she gave him a nod, slightly intimidated by this huge man. Torvin looked at Carvin, letting out a sigh. “You are her friend?”, he asked. “Bodyguard”, Carvin clarified and Alys felt strangely flattered by this. “Good enough”, Torvin answered. “Keep an eye on her”

With these ominous words, he removed his hand from Alys' shoulder and started to walk across the courtyard, towards the men from Riverrun. “Shit...”, Hjalgar cursed. “We got to hurry, Carvin. I have something to do later” Carvin gave him a nod, looking towards the grey sky. “It's going to rain soon”, he mumbled. “I hate rain” As he pulled his fourth arrow out of his quiver, Alys had to take a deep breath, not removing her gaze from Torvin. She had a bad feeling for this day. Something was about to happen.

No Choices for this part

Jenna

Tricking the Septon... Jenna had no idea how she should do that. She had no doubt that he was guilty, but she needed a confession and for that, she had to play his little game. “So, what are we going to do next?”, she asked. Corbin thought about this for a moment and she realized that he was sweating, nervously looking at the wound on her face.

“This is... this is a good question, Jenna”, he complimented her. “For now, we know that Harris not only murdered Ser Ilhan, but also Lady Halla. Further, he tried to kill you as well. We have to use this knowledge against him”

“But... why are you so sure that it was him, Septon?”, Jenna asked, noticing that she caught him off guard. The Septon attempted to shrug, but it ended as a pathetic shivering. “It... it just has to be. There is no other way”, he stuttered and Jenna raised her eyebrows. “But, what if someone would try to frame him? To discredit him and to bring him down?”, she asked.

“Would that necessarily be a bad thing?”, Corbin answered, before he widely opened his eyes. “I mean... who would do this? The only ones who know the truth are you and me, unless you have told anyone else” He narrowed his eyes again, as he grabbed Jenna by the shoulders. “You haven't told anyone, have you?”

“You asked this before, Septon”, Jenna answered, her heart beating loudly in her chest, as she avoided to look him in the eyes. “I have told no one. Not even my father knows, because he needs Harris' help in defeating this killer”

“Wolfius won't be a problem anymore as soon as Harris is dealt with”, Corbin assured her and Jenna narrowed her eyes. “Why are you so sure of that, Septon?”, she asked, her voice getting slightly sharper. Corbin thankfully let go of her shoulder, as he looked for an answer. “Because...”, he started to say, before he cut himself off. “Jenna, you are asking an awful lot of questions lately”

“And you're not answering, Septon”, Jenna mumbled, causing Corbin to shake his head. “There is nothing to answer. We need to bring down Harris Flowers, or else he will never call his killer off”, he growled, causing Jenna to give him a slightly surprised look. “Why should Harris call his killer off if we bring him down?”, she asked.

“I did not mean Harris”, Corbin was quick to explain, before he cut himself off, catching Jenna's glare. “Then who did you mean?”, she asked toneless, her voice already shivering with anger. “No more lies, Septon Corbin. Who did you mean?”

The Septon opened his mouth, obviously trying to explain what he just implied, before he closed it again and lowered his head in defeat. “I can't take it anymore”, he mumbled. “I never wanted things to go that far. He told me it was all necessary, but I just can't take it anymore”

“Who is 'He'?”, Jenna hissed, barely hiding her anger anymore. Septon Corbin looked at her, out of his puffy eyes, his lips pressed together, giving him the appearance of an upset dog. “Butterfly”, he finally answered, letting out a long sigh.

“Butterfly?”, Jenna asked. “What kind of name is that?” Septon Corbin shrugged slightly. “The kind of name he uses to hide his real identity”, he answered. “I don't know his real name. I have met him twice, once during my time at the Starry Sept and a second time half a year ago, here in Raylansfair”

“This Butterfly is the one who controls this killer?”, Jenna asked and Corvin gave her a nod. “Controlling might be a bit too much. He brought him here and he has ways to neutralize him later. Butterfly does not wish danger to the good citizens of Raylansfair...”, he answered, still staring at the fresh scar on Jenna's temple. “At least he never intended something like this”

Jenna clenched her fists as she looked at this man she once trusted, this man who betrayed her. “And you knew he would order his beast to kill me and Halla?”, she asked with shivering voice. Corbin decidedly shook his head. “No!”, he exclaimed. “I had nothing to do with this. I simply told him everything you told me. Please, Jenna, you must believe me!”

“Must I?”, Jenna asked coldly. Septon Corbin gave her a desperate look, obviously close to breaking down. “I had no idea he would order your death. Halla was my friend as well! Do not think this is easy for me!”

“And yet you still support him”, Jenna growled, her anger getting stronger with every second. She never really liked Septon Corbin. Something had always been off with him. At the same time, he was a good listener, not entirely uncharismatic and with the smile of a kind uncle. These were his strengths, that way he had been able to manipulate her into trusting him.

“I support him because his cause is righteous”, Corbin explained. “Butterfly is the only way this city, no, this whole kingdom can survive” Jenna gave him a look that was a mix between anger, disgust and curiosity. “Explain”, she ordered and Corbin let out a sigh. “This kingdom is weak, you see. Mern Gardener is a weak king, House Gardener way past its prime. The larger cities are a mess of crime and corruption, the countryside is not much better, if you know where you have to look”, he explained. “Butterfly realized this years ago. In its current state, the Reach wouldn't survive another war against the Storm King. Something has to change, or else we will all die”

“The Storm King wouldn't kill us all”, Jenna interjected, but Corbin simply ignored her comment. “It is obvious that something has to change”, he continued hastily. “We need a new king, a strong king” Finally, Jenna realized what he was implying. “Butterfly wants to be this king?”, she asked in disbelief.

Corbin quickly shook his head. “Oh no, that would be presumptuous, wouldn't it?”, he mumbled. “No, there is a potential candidate. A strong king, a warrior, a man who has the power to control not only the Reach” As he noticed Jenna's still angry glare, the look in his eyes got more derogatory. “Of course, I don't expect a child like you to understand it”

This time, Jenna had enough. Without holding back, she moved her hand forwards and gave the Septon a heavy and hopefully painful slap right in the face. At least from the sound of it, it had to hurt and the way he simply fell from the bench and onto the ground proved her right. “No, I don't understand it”, she hissed coldly. “Perhaps I am just not as smart as you, perhaps I am really just the stupid little child you think I am, but I don't see a righteous cause when I hear about your Butterfly. I see a man who ordered my death, whose men almost murdered my father. And Halla... I hated her with all my heart, but not even she deserved to die. Where is it righteous to sacrifice innocent lives?” She waited for a moment, as Corbin still lay on the ground, barely looking up to her. He was crying, she heard it, she saw it. “ANSWER ME!”, she screamed at the top of her lungs, as tears started to flow down her face as well.

Finally, Corbin looked up. “Some sacrifices need to be made”, he muttered bleakly. “Halla, Eaton, Robert... their faces will haunt my dreams forever, but they had to die, in order to give this kingdom the king it deserves” Before he was able to say anything else, Jenna grabbed him by the collar of his robe. On her own, she wouldn't have been strong enough to pull him up, but Septon Corbin supported her by standing up on his own accord. “What are you going to do now? Are you going to kill me now? Claim your revenge for what Butterfly's killer did to you and your father? To the housekeeper who tormented you for years?”, he asked, in complete defeat. It was obvious that he wouldn't even try to fight back. She saw the guilt in his eyes. She had no pity.

“No”, she growled with a low voice. “What you just told me, about Butterfly, about this ominous king he is supporting, you're going to tell it to Lord Harris. As soon as he is here in Raylansfair, you are going to tell it to Lord Tyrell. Afterwards you're going to tell it to the king. Then, someone will judge you and I don't think they will have mercy with you”

“I never wanted things to go that far!”, Corbin said, slightly louder than before. “I never wanted anyone to die. I only wanted to help this city, this kingdom! I am not the bad man here, Harris is! Why can't you see? I made a mistake, yes, I admit it, but Harris... Harris is a monster and you know it!”

She let go of his collar again and Corbin stumbled backwards, as if she had hit him again. “With a bit of luck, it will be Harris who gets the honour of executing you. One monster doing the dirty work by killing another monster”, she spat. “Because that's exactly what you are, Septon Corbin. You may hide behind your good intentions and your self-righteous hypocrisy, but you are nothing but another monster” She closed her eyes for a moment and had to remember what Ilhan once told her. “There will be a sword for you”, she promised.

Corbin sank back onto the bench, where he remained, shaking his head in disbelief. Jenna would have felt proud, if it wouldn't be for the anger that was boiling inside of her. She had to decide what to do with the Septon. Yes, he seemed cooperative, almost regretful, but he already tricked her once. Without a guard to accompany her, she had to trust on his cooperation to get him to the city guard headquarters. What if his apparent regret was nothing but a ruse, to get an advantage on her the moment she would let her guard down. If she would take him out of this Sept, he could overpower her, perhaps even kill her. Alternatively, she could just lock him in the Sept. She knew the building. It had only one exit and if she would lock it, there would be no way out for him. She could easily go to the headquarters alone and return with a few guardsmen. Of course, leaving him alone and unobserved was just as dangerous as forcing him to accompany her.

[Force him to accompany you to the city guard] [Lock him in the Sept and bring the city guard to him]

• (Lock him in the Sept and bring the city gird to him)

Alys “I can't take him anymore”, Alys hissed, glancing at Harren Hoare. The king had a cruel grin on his face as he looked at two of his

• [Force him to accompany you to the city guard] He might commit suicide or something that be bad.

Alys “I can't take him anymore”, Alys hissed, glancing at Harren Hoare. The king had a cruel grin on his face as he looked at two of his

• [Force him to accompany you to the city guard]

• edited October 2015

[Force him to accompany you to the city guard] We can't trust him alone. If we locked him up, the assassins could save him or worse, take him out to keep him quiet.

• [Lock him in the sept and bring the city guard to him]

• [Force him to accompany you to the city guard] The man seems to be broken, he will listen to us. I think I like Jenna slightly more now, this part showed that she really is capable of taking initiative and be a strong character.

Better to keep an eye on him i presume. I think if he would want to hurt her, he would not tell her what he knows... and now he is down on the ground squealing.

• [Force him to accompany you to the city guard] Mmm, Corbin is sneaky, he could find a way to escape if he is left alone.

And I might be falling for a red herring here, but holy shit, could Butterfly be a Targaryen supporter?

• What makes you say that? The thing he said about needing a new king?

[Force him to accompany you to the city guard] Mmm, Corbin is sneaky, he could find a way to escape if he is left alone. And I might be falling for a red herring here, but holy shit, could Butterfly be a Targaryen supporter?

• edited October 2015

Yes, and he said that they have a "potential candidate". And described him "A strong king, a warrior, a man who has the power to control not only the Reach"

And obviously he doesn't mean Storm King because that is the threat he fears. Of course this could be just some lord from Reach, but the warrior part and the fact he says he has power to control more than just Reach makes me think Aegon. Thinking about it, I could imagine Butterfly respecting something as powerful as dragons - they are like a machine of keeping the peace with fear. Sounds something Mullendore would like, eh?

edit: Of course one candidate could be Harren Hoare (or his heir), but I doubt Mullendore has that much love for the Ironborn.

What makes you say that? The thing he said about needing a new king?

• Also Butterfly tried to blame Halla and Jenna's death on Hoare with branding the knife with the Hoare symbol.

Yes, and he said that they have a "potential candidate". And described him "A strong king, a warrior, a man who has the power to control not

• The Voting is closed!

Jenna is going to force Septon Corbin to accompany her to the city guard

What can I say, this was a very wise decision. Leaving him behind would have resulted in his suicide, which would have only strengthened Mullendore's plans. Now, there might be the chance to inform at least Harris and Lord Tyrell, maybe even the king of what goes on in Raylansfair.

The next part will be a Drent part and I will try my best to finish it later today. The last time we saw Drent, he was very busy with being Argella's bodyguard, while the princess had the idea to sneak through her own camp, disguised as a commoner, to learn what her soldiers really think about her. This idea went as well as you probably expected, when Drent and Argella encountered a drunken soldier named Torrence, who had a pretty aggressive way of flirting with the princess. Drent got into a fight with him, Argella tried to break it up and got somewhat accidentally hit by Torrence in the process. An utterly furious Argella beat him up for this, revealed her identity and then implied that she intended to punish Torrence by severing one of his hands, something Drent and Torrence's sister, Edonia, tried to dissuade her from. Unknowingly to them, Argella never intended to mutilate Torrence, but she did everything to make him believe that she would do it. Instead, she settled for humiliating him. However, Drent got the opinion that she was slightly upset that even he believed that she would have been able to mutilate Torrence. He was left with the choice to go after her and try to talk to her about what happened, or to follow Edonia's advice to leave her alone for the night. In the end, he decided to followed Edonia's advice.

• Fuk i missed the chapter...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.