I really hope they don't do this one thing...

Gared's story has been pretty good, the mystery of the North Grove is really awesome. And I hope they actually show it in the finale episode.
But one thing would annoy me, is if they go. 'This is where the North Grove is', and it ends with them walking into a cave, and us not actually seeing what's inside.
I really hope the Grove story concludes this season.

Comments

• Oh, I've had so many conversations about the North Grove with Kateis.

It's been hyped all season-- we're worried that the North Grove won't be shown at all, and if it is, we're worried it'll be very... not good.

I'm just worried about Gared's story in Episode 6. Episode 5 was the perfect opportunity to further Gared's story significantly, but instead he didn't do all too much except fight a few wights and then run away.

• edited November 2015

It's obviously Bosco's inconvenience store. Gared and Slyvi (determinant, Cotter died from a field of angry potatoes) are going to walk into a cave and then you'll hear a sliding door and hear a voice say "Hey, how did yee found myeth secreth storeth ineth caveth". "Wouldeth liketh someth Bannang?". Credits Roll

• For once... Please not another cliffhanger ;_;

• Gared, Sylvi and Cotter see a box

They open it and disappear as the credits music begins to play

• I'd only be happy with this if the credits were as great as Tales' were.

dojo32161 posted: »

Gared, Sylvi and Cotter see a box They open it and disappear as the credits music begins to play

• edited November 2015

The post credit scene, Gared meets Rhys and Fiona. :)

dojo32161 posted: »

Gared, Sylvi and Cotter see a box They open it and disappear as the credits music begins to play

• I've had so many conversations about the North Grove with Kateis.

By many you mean, we pretty much talk about it everyday, and if we're on skype, every few hours. :P

we're worried it'll be very... not good.

And we only became worried about that when I started writing about it. Ranging from Gared getting ice powers along with finding out he's a Forrester to it being able to make Ironrath invisible.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Oh, I've had so many conversations about the North Grove with Kateis. It's been hyped all season-- we're worried that the North Grove won

• I'm right there with you. Gared's story is the one that worries me the most right now because it was all filler in Episode 5.

I hope they at least show us what it is, even if they don't show us exactly how it can help the Forresters, if it can help at all.

Oh, I've had so many conversations about the North Grove with Kateis. It's been hyped all season-- we're worried that the North Grove won

• edited November 2015

That theory is soo ridiculous.

Kateis posted: »

I've had so many conversations about the North Grove with Kateis. By many you mean, we pretty much talk about it everyday, and if we

• They aren't theories they're just what my mind thought of and I wrote it down. I'm not speculating that the North Grove is any of those things. :P

NicWarden posted: »

• edited November 2015

Gared and Sylvi walk through a forest, Gared starts to notice the shade of trees grow darker and taller, as they walk further into the forest he touches a tree and realises it's Ironwood (This is how only a Forrester can find the North Grove). Sylvi turns to see a stone structure through the snowy Ironwood Grove, they both run to it and arrive at the gates of a abandoned rundown fortress similar in style to Ironrath. Once inside they find parchments and carvings telling that this was the home of the original Forresters before migrating south to Wolfswood. Gared finds a Ironwood seed with a Forrester Sigel engraved in it (This is the power of the North Grove), Gared goes outside and buries it. Remember when Talia placed two Ironwood seeds in the hands of Lord Gregor's and Ethan's hands before they were burnt in the Ironwood fire. Sylvi shows Gared the power of the engraved seed and realises that if a Forrester is holding a Ironwood seed when he/she dies, he/she can be resurrected by the power of the North Grove. Gard then has to choose who is resurrected. OOOOOOOH DAHM I JUST MADE THIS UP BUT DAHM IF IT WERE TRUE !!

• Ok no dramas.

Kateis posted: »

They aren't theories they're just what my mind thought of and I wrote it down. I'm not speculating that the North Grove is any of those things. :P

• I did a theory a few months ago, I'm betting on the cave where Bran is. The timing would be good, because Bran isn't in season 5.

• edited November 2015

Click here

(^ not to be taken seriously)

But a grove is by definition a small group of trees, not a cave (only if the trees are in a cave, which wouldn't make much sense). So the North Grove is a small group of (Ironwood) trees that's in the North. It's very likely that that's all there is to it, a secret stash of Forrester Ironwood beneath the watchful eye of the Ice Dragon (a.k.a the star that marks the eye of the Ice Dragon star formation) :P

• edited November 2015

Ugh, I really hope my favorite character doesn't die for nothing.

If it's just a bunch of trees...

• Before they did that to Asher and the next ep had a bigger story. But that means the war will be much more of a smaller part if Gared's part is larger. Ohhh... someone is gonna rage.

• Some speculate it has the power to resurrect the dead.

NicWarden posted: »

• In Greek Boreal means North. Try different languages and get clues from that, it may help. I looked up some meanings of North and one of them was From Beneath, To the East(Of the rising sun)(Not Japan)) That may aid you.

Click here (^ not to be taken seriously) But a grove is by definition a small group of trees, not a cave (only if the trees are in a c

• Favorite? Man Rodrik and Duncan all da way!

Ugh, I really hope my favorite character doesn't die for nothing. If it's just a bunch of trees...

• See the Ice Dragon thing is weird because neither Duncan Nor Gared mention the constellation, and as they live in the North, they should know it. Really is it a dragon or just the constellation, neither has been proven. And that fortress on the map, what is that? An old Forrester camp?

Click here (^ not to be taken seriously) But a grove is by definition a small group of trees, not a cave (only if the trees are in a c

• edited November 2015

But the game is definitley in English, both north and grove are English words. There are also no other 'real life' languages spoken in Westeros, so it wouldn't make sense for a Greek word to exist in-universe.

And I don't see why it would mean anything else but a grove in the north in this context. It's clearly in the North/north of the Wall, and that's all there is to it. Not meant in a bad way, but trust me when I say that you're overanalyzing it.

Just how it's worded makes the 'eye of the Ice Dragon' sound like a star to me, in a formation called the Ice Dragon. I doubt there is an actual dragon there.

I'm not saying that my theory is definitley correct, but I think it's the most logical and there likely isn't more to it than that.

As for the fortress, no idea honestly. My best guess is that the Ironwood trees in the grove are protected by big walls to keep potential thieves out.

Valebread posted: »

In Greek Boreal means North. Try different languages and get clues from that, it may help. I looked up some meanings of North and one of them was From Beneath, To the East(Of the rising sun)(Not Japan)) That may aid you.

• Yea its just on the map and its a bit weird, prob wont even matter but meh, Also that scouting party than Jon was going on with, maybe they will see Gared and Jon has one final connection with Gared and maybe we kill Frostfinger OH PLEASE LET ME KILL FROSTFINGER!

But the game is definitley in English, both north and grove are English words. There are also no other 'real life' languages spoken in Weste

• Oh... I was hoping the flood of notifications was from people responding to my new part in my Tales season 2 fan fic :D

• Duncan's one of your favourites? Interesting... I've never really seen that before.

Favorite? Man Rodrik and Duncan all da way!

• edited November 2015

I really want to believe the North Grove story won't disappoint, but after episode 5, my hopes aren't very high. I've greatly speculated with my friends what it could possibly be and what it possesses that could help House Forrester, but now I'm just kinda waiting for it to be a whole lotta nothing to be honest.

Since other fans remind constantly it can't be anything the TV show/books have not mentioned or talked about, it obviously can't be too phenomenal, and yet I'd be let down if this was all just for handfulls of ironwood seeds.

On the other hand, my biggest worry is that it's really nothing and was all just a myth. Then they kill off Gared and essentially say "and the moral of this story is don't believe in fairytales your House Lord wrote about while he was high on milk of the poppy, kids". =/

• I'm hoping this long wait means equals amounts of story for everyone.

Before they did that to Asher and the next ep had a bigger story. But that means the war will be much more of a smaller part if Gared's part is larger. Ohhh... someone is gonna rage.

• Duncan got executed in my game. =P

Duncan's one of your favourites? Interesting... I've never really seen that before.

• So, uh, I kind of wish Duncan was my traitor

Not gonna lie, I just wanted that because I wanted to see Gared's reaction to finding out his last family member was killed for being a traitor

Because I like seeing Gared sad (like I do with all my favourite characters)

Duncan got executed in my game. =P

• edited November 2015

I never trusted Duncan, so it came as no surprise. And even though it's optional, it makes the most sense in my opinion. Admittedly, I do want to see Gared's reaction to finding out about Duncan as well.

Oh, same here, my friend. To the point me and my RP partner write about it plenty. (Along with Jon comforting him, of course. =P)

So, uh, I kind of wish Duncan was my traitor Not gonna lie, I just wanted that because I wanted to see Gared's reaction to finding out hi

• Yes, I know, I've read your stuff multiple times!

GarJon 5ever, no shame.

I never trusted Duncan, so it came as no surprise. And even though it's optional, it makes the most sense in my opinion. Admittedly, I do wa

• Aww, thanks! Glad you like them!

Agreed. GarJon all the way!

Yes, I know, I've read your stuff multiple times! GarJon 5ever, no shame.

• Perhaps it'll go like this: Gared & Co. walk into a large cave and find many Ironwood Trees, they think that's all there is in the North Grove and begin to turn back when they hear the sound of an Ice Dragon, Gared then tames it after fighting it and realizing it's friendly and they all fly back to Ironrath to help out in the final battle.

• After the the whole betrayal thing...I don't have much faith in this game anymore to be honest.

• edited November 2015

My reaction if telltale leaves it as a cliffhanger

enter image description here

• I hope it is some sort of resurrection zone, i think it would be amazing! If it is just a supply of ironwood that could last thousands of years, i would be dissapointed

Some speculate it has the power to resurrect the dead.

• Oh right, forgot about that north grove thing.

• while he was high on milk of the poppy

enter image description here

I really want to believe the North Grove story won't disappoint, but after episode 5, my hopes aren't very high. I've greatly speculated wit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.