What Was Your Initial Reaction When You First Made The Choice At The End Of Episode Five?

When I first made the decision, I felt like one of the book readers who threw the book away after reading the Red Wedding scene. I felt like throwing my controller at the wall. I was really angry at the decision I was forced to make. It made me feel like I was reading the books or watching the show. I have to say, great job Tell Tale you made me hate you for forcing me to pick between two of my favorite characters in a video game.

Comments

• "Welp, better make another save file"

I didn't get too upset because we had this possibility to make an alternative save. What did upset me the most is that I was kinda hoping for some brotherly scenes once Asher got home, and that Asher didn't even see his family before being killed.

By the way, I am one of these people that stopped reading after the Red Wedding. I knew Robb was going to die because of his bad decisions, and it became clear that the wedding was the time when they didn't let his wolf enter with him, but I was kinda hoping Cat would be spared. Luckily for me, a friend of mine convinced me to keep reading so I continued about two weeks later and finished the available books.

• It was One of Those scenes i expected to Happen, But it still was sad. Like the Red Wedding. It's like a punch in the face. Even though you know it's coming, it will still hurt like shit.

• It was the closest I've ever been to crying while playing a video game. I was crushed.

• I was impressed with Telltale - they were forcing themselves to treat a determinant character well.

• I hated the fact that I had to make the choice, but it was pretty easy for me. I liked Rodrik more than Asher, so it was Asher that got left behind, but I still couldn't believe that Telltale actually made us choose that, it's actually kind of surprising, but in a good way, I can't wait to see what they do with it in Episode 6.

• Welp the other ones gonna die in the beggining of episode 6, so it doesn't matter what I pick.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I remember thinking "no Telltale, why did you make me do this", i chose Rodrik to sacrifice himself and once he started getting stabbed it felt really bad :(

• edited November 2015

I kept just screaming "NO!!!". In my head and then I broke down watching Rodrik fall dead to the ground...That was a great Birthday!

• That's the spirit!

Welp the other ones gonna die in the beggining of episode 6, so it doesn't matter what I pick.

• The second I realized that they are actually going to make me choose I was like "are you bloody kidding me? No. Noooooo, you fuckers. Nooooooooo." Then throughout the ending scene I sat with this face: :\ Then I sat looking at the statistics for a little while. Then I thought: "Well... Nothing I can do about that." For the rest of that day I remained with :\ face, nervously giggling now and again. Oh, and about five minutes after playing one more thought fully formed my mind: "This must be one of the the worst episodes telltale have ever made."

• Shock and disbelief. Then I started crying.

• "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH DEAR GODS WHY AAUUGGHH NNNNOOOOOO AAAAAAAHHHHHHH UUUIGGGGGHHHHH NO NO NEIN NEIN NEIN MEOW BARK BARK BARK WOOF AAAAAHHHHHHH WWWWHHHUUUTTTTTTT BY ODIN'S BEARD AAAAHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO WWWWWHHHHHYYYYY TTTTTHHHHHHIIOIISSSS CAN'T HAAAAPPPEENNN NNNNNEEEEEIIIINNNNNNN"

-LordGoss1138 (Actual quote.)

• *Rodrik

:p

I kept just screaming "NO!!!". In my head and then I broke down watching Rodrik fall dead to the ground...That was a great Birthday!

• "No! Oh... No, no Almost starts crying you can really hear it in my voice no... No...! No...! Rodrik has to stay. Rodrik has to stay ay ay Begins crying "Rodrik..." While Rodrik fights I scream out no a few times while crying and during the credits I try to justify why I left him behind by saying *If Asher had stayed it wouldn't have been right, it had to be Rodrik it had to be." And I say these things while crying. I continue to just say no, like seriously that must have been the word I said the most that day, I also said 'It's not right.' a lot. At another point I said "Rodrik... No... And Arthur... And Finn!" And then I continued to kinda cry no over and over and question why I left Rodrik behind. I also continued to cry while I was in a Skype call with @Lewsblake23 He can also confirm that I definitely said all of these things.

So yeah, that was my reaction. Sorry I kinda waffled on a bit there. :P

• I don't know how to describe what I felt. I was terribly sad that one of the brothers has to stay behind. I had Asher stay behind, because it made most sense storywise in how I played him in my game.

I still have to shut myself down emotionally in order to cope with my choice. :(

• I hated that choice the most. Rodrik deserved to redeem himself and that he somewhat did still he had great leadership in him. I hated that choice. I was pissed, still am. Asher better be worth it...

• Great Birthday XD.

• The beginning of Episode 6 will bring back painful memories of that frightful day.

• edited November 2015
    1. Lie down.
    2. Try not to cry.
    3. Cry a lot.

Seriously, this is what I did when I first made the final choice in episode 5. ;-;

• because you have to choose who dies?

Krapinka posted: »

The second I realized that they are actually going to make me choose I was like "are you bloody kidding me? No. Noooooo, you fuckers. Nooooo

• edited November 2015

I paused the game and sat there hysterically weighing my options as to who to sacrifice. I then made my choice and cried like a bitch.

• No, I'd say, because of the lenght, the plot holes, the undeveloped storylines, and the last scene, which could've been avoided. The choice itself was very interesting and difficult, but they really could've put more effort in getting the story to the point, where it was absolutely necessary to make it.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

because you have to choose who dies?

• I pretty soon after chose Rodrik without a lot of hesitance, as I felt it was his fight to finish and I didn't want to give that jackass Gryff the satisfaction of having won. However, it was pretty ballsy of Telltale to have made that a choice and it seems I'm in the minority of having chose pretty quick.

• Did anyone else fall into serious depression? I only played Episode 5 once so far because of the ending.

• Not gonna lie...I cried

I made Asher stay behind, and immediately regretted it :(

• While making the decision i paused the game and was crying like a baby for ten minutes (srsly, even during TWD i didn't cry THAT much), then babbling something like "I'm sorry, Asher, I am so sorry, they will pay, i swear, they will fuckin' pay, i promise, and i'm so, so, so sorry..." in next two days.

I swear, I was like a bloody titanic of feelings. Totally emotionaly destroyed.

• "Welp, these two are both dead."

Chose Rodrik in my 'canon' playthrough as I just liked playing his Lord-y sections at Ironrath more than Asher's Essos bits and identified with the character a bit more, though I'll miss Asher and his grin.

• I didn't cry, but it made me really angry and sad. I was angry cause the fucking Whitehills did this. I was sad cause... Well Asher died.

• Even worse than TWD.

Rod stayed behind for me since, while i liked both characters a lot, the whole plot was waiting for Asher to show up and start kicking ass. While Asher dying 'fits' game of thrones better (all build up no pay off) my spinoff show is better than Game of Thrones, so Asher lives to wreak bloody vengeance later.

• I was just pissed off.

• LOL I had to pause and sit a minute to collect myself. then I (painfully) had Rodrik stay behind. it made most sense to me at that moment.

• I thought that "why the hell did they come straight into a trap!!"

Then I thought about who would best lead everyone into battle. Then I chose Asher and got mad again because most likely Asher will die not long after. I hope I am wrong and TTG actually makes the two stories different depending on who you go with. Hey, they got the money for it.....if they pull that generic crap with the traitor thing again I will be pissed.

• Here is everything I did when I realized the choice I had to make
    1. Turned off my Xbox
    2. layed down on the floor
    3. cried
    4. turned on my Xbox
    5. made the choice
    6. cried
    7. Chose the sacrifice Asher
    8. hated myself and telltale because of that choice

• After I realized I had to make a choice
    1. Turned off my xbox
    2. cried myself to sleep
    3. woke up and chose to scruff de Asher

(Why I chose Asher is because I think it is rodricks fight to finish, Asher played his part now rodrick needs to play his)

• HOW DARE YOU! Rodrik needs to make babies first!

vhiran posted: »

Even worse than TWD. Rod stayed behind for me since, while i liked both characters a lot, the whole plot was waiting for Asher to show up

Sign in to comment in this discussion.