The Bastard of Hightpoint.

Gwyn has a bastard child by Asher which Ludd has kept a secret. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited November 2015

I'm amazed there isn't more fic about this, since exiling Asher seems like a pretty drastic move for just a flirtation and you'd think Gwyn would have been married by now unless there's something about her that makes her sort of damaged goods... I'm totally for it!

• Its an interesting theory...

What I found funny is that I read it wrong... I read it: Gwyn is a bastard child by Asher... xD

• I like this.

Although I think it's a little late to implement. It'd make a cool cliffhanger though and it could lead to a character for season two.

• Wait, would he/she be a snow?

• Only if he/she is officially acknowledged.

Wait, would he/she be a snow?

• Honestly, If Asher gave Gwyn a bastard Ludd would've probably gotten rid of it. It's an interesting theory though.

• Yh that's a good theory, it would make a interesting plot line if Asher/rodrik would kill the mother of their child/niece/nephew!

• Then the child could have the right to rule both Highpoint and Ironrath.

• A Whitehill is still a Whitehill !

AgentZ46 posted: »

Honestly, If Asher gave Gwyn a bastard Ludd would've probably gotten rid of it. It's an interesting theory though.

• edited November 2015

Interesting very interesting.

Wait, would he/she be a snow?

• But it wouldn't be a Whitehill would it? It'd be a snow but I get your point.

NicWarden posted: »

A Whitehill is still a Whitehill !

• Bastards cannot rule, they have to be legitimized by the King.

Then the child could have the right to rule both Highpoint and Ironrath.

• Ok if he is legitimized then yeah, all hail .... Whitehill Forrester.

Bastards cannot rule, they have to be legitimized by the King.

• Happy downfall to your house!

Ok if he is legitimized then yeah, all hail .... Whitehill Forrester.

• True they will lose half of their family to war ha.

Happy downfall to your house!

• edited November 2015

One word, Jon.

But it wouldn't be a Whitehill would it? It'd be a snow but I get your point.

• I don't know what you're implying.

One word, Jon.

• Didn't Ned say that he was a Stark in his eyes.

I don't know what you're implying.

• Ludd and Ned are two completely different people with different morals.

Didn't Ned say that he was a Stark in his eyes.

• Legitimized by a king

Bastards cannot rule, they have to be legitimized by the King.

• edited November 2015

Maybe but that phrase "a Whitehill is still a Whitehill". Definitely an eye opener.

Ludd and Ned are two completely different people with different morals.

• Mate back the f... off.

Brodester08 posted: »

Legitimized by a king

• edited November 2015

Unless it was planned from the begining. It's kind of weird that Lady Elissa tells us to kill all the Whitehills, including the babes in their beds. What babes is she referring to and is she actually talking about babies? If Gwyn did have a bastard the child would be around four years old.

I like this. Although I think it's a little late to implement. It'd make a cool cliffhanger though and it could lead to a character for season two.

• Is anyone considering the possibility that Ludd would have simply had Gwyn drink moon tea to ensure there wouldn't be a troublesome Forrester-Whitehill bastard in the first place?

• edited November 2015

It's a possibility, that could lead still to interesting character development for Gwyn, Asher, and Ludd.

Harian96 posted: »

Is anyone considering the possibility that Ludd would have simply had Gwyn drink moon tea to ensure there wouldn't be a troublesome Forrester-Whitehill bastard in the first place?

• edited November 2015

Only if he isn't officially acknowledged he would have the bastard name Snow.

Only if he/she is officially acknowledged.

• Nope, if he's not officially acknowledged then he just doesn't have a last name at all.

Officially acknowledged = Snow

Legitimized = Father's name

Not acknowledged = No last name, unless they eventually give themselves one (like Duncan Tuttle)

Only if he isn't officially acknowledged he would have the bastard name Snow.

• Sadly this wouldn't surprise me. I sort of suspected there might have been a child but something happened to him or her. Just the whole thing is reaaally sketchy.

Harian96 posted: »

Is anyone considering the possibility that Ludd would have simply had Gwyn drink moon tea to ensure there wouldn't be a troublesome Forrester-Whitehill bastard in the first place?

• I agree. There's not a lot of known about Asher and Gwyns history so maybe a bit of backstory will be revealed in the finale. Well If they don't all die

• Oh, I didn't even know that. Everyday is a learning day.

Nope, if he's not officially acknowledged then he just doesn't have a last name at all. Officially acknowledged = Snow Legitimized = F

Sign in to comment in this discussion.