Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• edited November 2015

[Shoot Wolfius]

I'm maybe a little behind on everything but i will not miss this golden opportunity

Kersea With a smirk on his face, Clayton saw how the first of the attackers went to the ground. “She hit his shoulder. He'll live”, he mu

• [Wait a little longer]

Kersea With a smirk on his face, Clayton saw how the first of the attackers went to the ground. “She hit his shoulder. He'll live”, he mu

• Hi there im Lord EAA pleasure to meet you :)

Wait you do realise were NOT killing him right?

husmusen posted: »

[Shoot Wolfius] I'm maybe a little behind on everything but i will not miss this golden opportunity

• Hey wait i remember you from.....some other forum story. Anyway glad to see you again :)

[Shoot Wolfius]

• Hello im Lord EAA pleasure to meet you (thought i think i have seen you before. Although im sure i didn't introduce myself)

[Shoot Wolfius] Well this is interesting. I expected Alysanne to react violently after the whole abandoning thing, but nope. Also, we need t

• Hi there im Lord EAA glad to meet you

[Shoot Wolfius] Very hard choice, but I want them to survive the fight, and I don't care for Clayton too much.

• He might escape either way.

Lord_EAA posted: »

He might escape though

• ^^ just a arrow to the knee, but he may never be an adventurer again. (He will still be a viscous killer though)

Hi there im Lord EAA pleasure to meet you Wait you do realise were NOT killing him right?

• But more innocent people will die if we wait.

Bounden posted: »

He might escape either way.

• Hi, nice to meet you, although I think we discussed few choices already in the past :D

Hi there im Lord EAA glad to meet you

• Hello! Yes we've met before. You took part in my Murder Mystery Fanfiction if you remember. You submitted a character but you've vanished from the forums and I wasn't able to talk to you. Its all good though.

Hello im Lord EAA pleasure to meet you (thought i think i have seen you before. Although im sure i didn't introduce myself)

• The thing is, Alysanne is a very pragmatic person with no regards to any kind of live, her own included. She can understand Clayton's reason, at least the one he revealed, as it indeed made sense in her eyes, no matter how much she disapproved of it. If Clayton wouldn't have had this reason, she would have tried to kill him on spot however and it should be clear that she has no personal loyalty at all towards him anymore.

Ahh I see. That makes a lot more sense actually. I bet things would have gone very different if it were Keresa down there.

Actually, the only group member Clayton lost ever since he started the current mission is Wolfius and he isn't much of a loss in Clayton's eyes. But you are right, he is oddly indifferent about this, which is probably not a good thing. He is in constant talks with Butterfly, so he likely informed him about Wolfius defection. As for reinforcements, it's likely that Butterfly has more assassins to send to Raylansfair. I can't reveal wether or not Clayton actually asked for reinforcements or if Butterfly actually sends some reinforcements, but you will get your answer in time.

Well this can't be good. With Alysanne effectively injured for a while and Wolfius' rebellion, I'd only expect Butterfly to send Clayton some men. Not some OP assassins like The Tom or Samuel mind you, but just enough to get the job done.

I expected Alysanne to react violently after the whole abandoning thing, but nope. The thing is, Alysanne is a very pragmatic person

• Oh really which story?

Its cool to know we've met before. Glad to know you are a fan of liquids work he really is fantastic. Do you have any characters in it?

Hi, nice to meet you, although I think we discussed few choices already in the past

• edited November 2015

Oh yeah.......i accidentally unfollowed. And i've just realised that right now. Sorry. I'm going to finsh reading it now :). Did my character do anything?

Hello! Yes we've met before. You took part in my Murder Mystery Fanfiction if you remember. You submitted a character but you've vanished from the forums and I wasn't able to talk to you. Its all good though.

• People who we literally just met with the exception of Illish who I don't care to much for, so let them fend for their own.

But more innocent people will die if we wait.

• This story, and it was actually in both of last two parts.

I joined this story around, idk around before ep3 release and I was already then discouraged by number of sumbitted characters and I haven't sumbitted any, now I fear to even look at the opening post :D. I do have characters in few other GoT stories but not in this one :)

Oh really which story? Its cool to know we've met before. Glad to know you are a fan of liquids work he really is fantastic. Do you have any characters in it?

• Why yes, she didn't appear a lot though. She got featured in two parts so far, however I do plan to use her more often don't worry.

Oh yeah.......i accidentally unfollowed. And i've just realised that right now. Sorry. I'm going to finsh reading it now . Did my character do anything?

• Yeah liquids got enough characters to make enought book to outlive SOIAF. But don't be afraid to post imsure he would be cool with it (he STILL hasn't closed subs)

This story, and it was actually in both of last two parts. I joined this story around, idk around before ep3 release and I was already th

• edited November 2015

Thanks i will come back to the votes after i catch up.

Why yes, she didn't appear a lot though. She got featured in two parts so far, however I do plan to use her more often don't worry.

• (Shoot Wolfius)

• From the amount of comments that had came here I was sure a major character had died or something :D

[Wait a little longer] Ahh... I just think that Kersea isn't in a position to play hero, she has tested the limits of Clayton's forgiveness more than enough. Don't get me wrong, I totally hate Clayton, but going against his wish now wouldn't really achieve much since Ilish and co. would still be in trouble (Kreep and Clayton, maybe even the wounded Wolfius could still be dangerous).

• Nice to meet you Lord!

Hello Loki522. I'm Lord, i'm glad to meet another fan of this story.

• :) SO do you have any characters?

Loki522 posted: »

Nice to meet you Lord!

• But Mance (Yep still going with that) what if these innocent people die because you didn't help?

From the amount of comments that had came here I was sure a major character had died or something [Wait a little longer] Ahh... I just t

• Ok i THINK you are the last person here who i haven't introduced myself to. Hi i'm Lord EAA pleasure to meet you.

MadManLee posted: »

(Shoot Wolfius)

• Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take, m'lord :D As I said I think shooting Wolfius wouldn't necessarily solve anything. Perhaps Kreep would go ape shit crazy seeing his father hurt and kill whoever he was fighting (Alexander or Lawsen). Or maybe Clayton gets angry, hurts Kersea and then kills the people.

And about Mance (:D), you can call me Mance if you wish, but actually when I made this account my gravatar was Raymun Redbeard who also is/was King-beyond-the-Wall :D

But Mance (Yep still going with that) what if these innocent people die because you didn't help?

• Oh ok then i shall call you Wildling King (Or just King) that should fit them both [ ;) ] As for your choice. Well i still disagree but i see your logic.

Well, that's a risk I'm willing to take, m'lord As I said I think shooting Wolfius wouldn't necessarily solve anything. Perhaps Kreep would

• Sorry bro i apparently have bad memory about this. What was she named again?

Why yes, she didn't appear a lot though. She got featured in two parts so far, however I do plan to use her more often don't worry.

• She's the teacher that educates the student at the school, she's called Ms. Carrien

Sorry bro i apparently have bad memory about this. What was she named again?

• Ok thanks sorry i forgot her name. Luckly i still remember all the other thing :)

She's the teacher that educates the student at the school, she's called Ms. Carrien

• I sure do, Archmaester Wulvren and another character that will be introduced in book 2! What about you?

SO do you have any characters?

• Edward Anturion and two others not yet introduced :).

Loki522 posted: »

I sure do, Archmaester Wulvren and another character that will be introduced in book 2! What about you?

• Thank you c:

Hey wait i remember you from.....some other forum story. Anyway glad to see you again

• No probkem bro :).

Thank you c:

• edited November 2015

The Voting is closed!

Kersea is going to shoot Wolfius

I am surprised that this option won by such a narrow margin and was actually sure that almost everyone is going to pick the option to shoot Wolfius. That said, I can understand some of the arguments in favour of waiting a bit longer, especially the one that Kersea already provoked Clayton enough. However, despite what some of you might think, waiting a bit longer does not increase your chances of capturing Wolfius. Quite the contrary, as Kersea remarked, because every second she waits will give him a chance to notice her and therefore, a chance to escape. As a result, if your goal is simply to capture Wolfius, shooting him now would be the safer option.

The next part will be up in a few hours. It's going to be a part that will feature PoV's from Ilish and John. Now, I think you all know what happened at the end of Ilish's last part, but here's a short recap: Ilish teamed up with her friend Lawsen to confront a mysterious stranger who apparently creeped on her friend Daisy. This stranger was revealed to have the very fitting name 'Kreep'. Kreep left the inn without causing further trouble. However, things almost escalated when Ser Rodrik Stone and his Second Sons nearly started a bloodbath. Only the intervention of Marak and Alexander, one of Rodrik's men, prevented worse. Rodrik left, to later appear in Gutten's storyline. Ilish and Alexander had a talk and a bit later, when she left the inn to go home, he followed her, since he realized that he knows he brother, Carvin. The two talked about Carvin for a while, before they were confronted by Wolfius and Kreep, who was revealed to be the son of Wolfius. The arrival of Lawsen, who followed Kreep out of concern for Ilish, evened the odds a little bit, but nonetheless, Ilish was confronted with the choice to help one of her friends, either Alexander, who fights against Wolfius, or Lawsen, who fights against Kreep. She decided to help Lawsen first, in the hopes that it won't be too late to help Alexander a bit later.

In the meantime, John and Janae started their treasure hunt in the name of Harris. They arrived at an old, long abandoned watchtower, which was surprisingly not as abandoned as they thought. The mysterious Daghan Oxus, who claims to be a wandering hedge knight, lived there, but after initial hostilities, he and John actually got along better than expected. However, Daghan prevented them from searching the upper floors of the tower, because he currently lives there. Instead, Janae searched the basement of the tower, while John stayed with Daghan. When the ground gave in underneath Janae, she indeed found what she believes to be the treasure. To her surprise, this treasure does not consist of gold, but of Wildfire, an incredibly volatile and dangerous substance, basically liquid dynamite. She and John had little time to think of the possibilities a whole hidden room full of wildfire could give, when a new problem came up. Rodrik and his Second Sons apparently also have the goal to find the treasure. They arrived at the tower and tried to threaten John, Janae and Daghan to give up. Naturally, John decided to fight back. While Daghan agreed to hold the Second Sons off and give them some time, John and Janae will now use the Wildfire in an attempt to defeat the Second Sons.

• now I fear to even look at the opening post

I know that feeling :D

What Lord said is true though. I haven't closed the submission and it's unlikely that I'm going to close it anytime soon. The worst that can happen is that I won't be able to use every submitted character, but currently, even this is unlikely. If you would like to submit a character, you can always do so. While the huge waiting list can be discouraging for sure, I introduce the characters when they fit into the story, regardless of how long they have been on the waiting list, so it is unlikely that your character would be the last to be introduced :)

This story, and it was actually in both of last two parts. I joined this story around, idk around before ep3 release and I was already th

• Oh, can't wait... i became addicted of this story, really. Great job with writing it.

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to shoot Wolfius I am surprised that this option won by such a narrow margin and was actually su

• Nice, I've been waiting to see what happens with the wildfire :D And if it indeed was a bad decision to play with fire, I'll be sooooo smug about warning you all! ;)

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to shoot Wolfius I am surprised that this option won by such a narrow margin and was actually su

• edited November 2015

Ilish

Ilish clinged to her dagger, as she looked from Alexander to Lawsen. She liked Alexander. He was nice, charming, he defended her from Wolfius. Lawsen however saved her from Kreep and he did not deserve to die like this. Neither of them did, but for now, Alexander seemed to be able to hold his own and Ilish hoped he would survive long enough for her to help him too. For now, she would help Lawsen first.

Just as she turned towards him, Lawsen received another painful looking cut on his upper arm. For a moment, Kreep had turned his back at her and she used this chance to charge at him. The moment was gone before she even reached him as Kreep evaded another of Lawsen's attacks, stepping sideways and simultaneously causing Ilish's attack to hit only thin air. He finally noticed her, a feral, but displeased grunt coming out of his throat as he started to attack both of them at the same time.

Ilish barely managed to jump back, to avoid getting her throat cut, while Lawsen wasn't as lucky. Being considerably taller than Kreep, what was probably planned to be a lethal strike simply ended up slashing across his chest. Lawsen cried out in pain, but managed to hold on to his sword and not for the first time, Ilish was wondering if he was actually trained with this weapon.

“Get out of here!”, Lawsen urged her, as he launched a desperate attack against Kreep, forcing the boy to jump backwards. For a moment, there was an opening, but Ilish wouldn't run now, she wouldn't leave these men to die. Instead of escaping, she attacked Kreep again and to her surprise, she indeed managed to hit him. Not with her blade, but with the dagger's crossguard, as she underestimated the weapons reach. Still, her strike was fuelled by rage and strong enough to knock Kreep to the ground.

For a moment, she and Lawsen looked at the downed boy, both of them breathing heavily in exhaustion. Then, Kreep growled again, as he tried to jump up. Immediately, Lawsen was there to parry his strikes. “We can get him!”, he yelled, as another strike sent Kreep back to his knees. Ilish used this chance to attack again, only for Kreep to slash at her. His razor-sharp knife narrowly missed her.

Just as Ilish tried to attack again, the raspy voice of Wolfius interrupted her. “Ilish!”, he yelled and she glanced at him, only to freeze in terror. Alexander's sword lay on the ground, while the man himself hung in Wolfius' arms. He was bleeding from small cuts all over his arms, chest and belly and squirmed in pain, unable to break free of Wolfius' strong grip. The beast held a knife at his throat, grinning widely as he did so.

“Alexander!”, Ilish yelled as she charged towards them. She barely managed to run half of the way, before Wolfius simply cut Alexander's throat with one swift movement. It was a thin, but very deep cut and immediately, blood started to flow out of it, as Alexander let out a a gurgling scream. The look in his eyes was helpless terror. Finally, he managed to break free of Wolfius grip, slowly sinking towards the ground, his eyes widely opened, as he was suffocating.

Before he even hit the ground, Ilish was there, tackling Wolfius in blind rage. For a moment, she caught him off guard with this attack and to her own surprise, she even managed to knock the dagger out of his hand, as she tackled him to the ground. Wolfius' weapon slithered into the darkness behind them and the man himself fell onto the ground, Ilish on top of him. She raised her dagger and let out a hateful scream, ready to end his life.

Before she was able to plunge the dagger into Wolfius' chest, the beast raised his arm and before Ilish could react, the rock he held in his hand heavily hit her temple, sending her to the ground instead. Even worse, the killer immediately used this opportunity to jump on top of her, as he quickly grabbed her own dagger. “Good fight”, he complimented her. “Sadly, not good enough... Kreep, stop playing with the boy!”

“Yes, father!”, came the answer, just as Lawsen started to howl in pain. A quick glance showed Ilish that Kreep wasn't killing Lawsen by stabbing him to death, no, instead he had jumped at him, clinging onto him like a human backpack and sinking his teeth into the flesh on his neck, while simultaneously using his arms to stop any of Lawsen's attempts of attacking him.

“You should have run away”, Wolfius mocked her. “Now your friends are dying either way... and you die with them!” He let out a cruel chuckle and raised his dagger, glaring at Ilish. “Don't you want to close your eyes?”, he asked and Ilish shook her head. “Just get it over with, you son of a bitch”, she spat.

Before Wolfius could ram the dagger into her throat, he suddenly let out a howling scream, as an arrow hit his upper leg, digging deep into it. The force of the impact caused him to fall to the ground next to Ilish, momentarily stunned by his pain. Kreep immediately reacted and kicked Lawsen to the ground. His teeth were stained with blood, just like the back of Lawsen's neck and he let out a feral grunt as he glared past Ilish into the dark of the alleyway. “What the hell, Kersea?”, she heard a male voice.

Out of the darkness, she saw a woman approaching. The woman had dark hair and pale skin, reminding Ilish of the women back home. She was pretty, but a bitter streak on her face gave her a sullen and unapproachable look. She had a bow in her hand and quickly shot an arrow at Kreep. The boy easily dodged the arrow and raised his daggers, ready to attack the woman, while he was hissing like an animal.

“Kreep, no!”, Wolfius yelled. “Run, I catch up with you later!” Kreep followed this order immediately, as he turned around and ran out of the alleyway and onto the main street, dodging a second arrow in the process. It was only then that Ilish realized that Wolfius was chuckling. “Hello, Kersea”, he greeted the woman, before he looked past her. “And Clayton” A tall man, ripped with muscles, walked next to the woman, the look in his single eye disappointed and slightly angered.

“I told you to wait!”, he shouted and the woman slightly shivered at his rage. “And I did not want him to get away”, she hissed, as she walked towards Wolfius. The beast had a sick grin on his face as he quickly tried to grab his dagger. Before he could reach it, the woman slammed the bow into his throat, forcing his head to fall back, as he was gasping for air. With hatred in her eyes, she raised the bow as if she was holding a wooden club, before she slammed it down, into his face and into his belly.

“He has enough”, the one-eyed man growled, as he glanced at Ilish, who was shaking in relief. She had no idea who these people were, but they obviously just saved her life. A thankful smile appeared on her face, before she noticed the look in the man's eye. “Tie him up. I deal with the witness”, he growled and quickly drew his short sword.

With terror, Ilish realized what he was going to do. The realization that her savior would be the one to kill her was worse than the prospect of dying itself. When Wolfius tried to kill her, Ilish wasn't afraid. This time however, tears started to flow down her face as she raised her hands. “Gods... no!”, she stuttered. “Please no! You don't have to do this” The man gave her an almost apologetic look, as he slowly shook his head. “Sorry, little one”, he answered softly. “I promise, I will make it quick” With these words, he leant down in an attempt to cut Ilish's throat, completely ignoring her desperate attempts at fighting him off.

“Clayton!”, the woman shouted and both, Clayton and Ilish, looked at her. She had dropped her bow, instead she was holding a pinioned Wolfius, forcing the beast to his knees. Her dagger was pointing at his throat. “I believe you need this one alive, don't you?”, she growled with cold hatred.

Clayton narrowed his eye as he let out a sigh. “So, this is how you want to play the game”, he snarled. His remark caused Wolfius to burst into laughter. “Oh, I sense some really weird sexual tension between you right now”, he chuckled, to which the woman slightly cut the flesh on his throat. “Alright! Alright!”, Wolfius exclaimed. “It was a joke!”

Finally, Clayton lowered his dagger and took a step away from Ilish. “This is going to have consequences...”, he growled calmly, just as the woman put away her own dagger, kicking Wolfius down into the dirt again. Clayton picked him up effortlessly, as if he was picking up a sack of potatoes.

“Looks like I was wrong!”, Wolfius mocked him. “I always thought Kersea was the bitch and you were her master, but tonight the roles are reversed!” He burst into insane laughter, as he glared at Kersea. “You want me alive, huh? What are you planning to do? Torturing me? Bringing me back to Butterfly?” Clayton shook his head as he started to walk down the alleyway again. “I'm going to do something much worse”, he answered. Wolfius laughter was heard even after both men were faded in the darkness. “You're making a mistake, Clayton. I'm going to survive this and them I'm going to kill you!”

Kersea let out a sigh as she walked over to Lawsen. “He's still alive”, she stated. “The other one though...” Both glanced at Alexander and Ilish felt guilt and regret upon seeing his dead body. A part of her found it hard to believe. He died to defend her, a girl he barely knew... “Sorry for the loss of your friend”, Kersea mumbled as she extended her hand to help Ilish up. “He wasn't my... He saved my life”, Ilish stuttered, still in shock, as she looked directly at Kersea. Up close, her dark grey eyes had the most mesmerizing colour she had ever seen, but the sadness inside them was almost unbearable. “And so did you... I... thank you”

For a moment, Kersea looked genuinely baffled. A small, but pretty and genuine smile formed on her face and for just a single second, the bitterness, the sadness and the hatred were gone, replaced by honest joy. The moment went by as quickly as it came, but a single spark remained in her eyes, something that wasn't there before. “Don't thank me”, she mumbled. Before Ilish could say another word, Kersea turned around, leaving her and Lawsen alone, in a night that suddenly seemed a lot less terrifying, now that the beasts in it were gone.

No Choices for this part

John

“Daghan, I need you to hold them off, while me and Janae prepare to give these bastards hell”, John decided. Both, Janae and Daghan had a pleased look on their face and the knight was even smiling. “I was hoping you'd say that”, he exclaimed, pointing his massive sword at the door. His smile faded for a moment, replaced by a stern look. “Though... hurry up a little bit. As much as I love the fight, I have no intentions of dying here”

John gave him a nod, before he and Janae quickly rushed down the ladder again, into the towers basement. “Wildfire... I hope you know what you're doing, Janae”, he said. She gave him a smirk. “Remember Qohor?”, she asked and Gutten had to chuckle. “Stupid question, I know”, he answered, as both of them stopped next to the hole that lead to the secret basement. “Three bottles, not a single more”, he advised her, as he gently helped her down the hole. “I don't want to blow the whole tower up”

“Come at me, bastards!”, Daghan's voice boomed from above and John heard the sound of something heavy hitting the door. “Damn it, hurry!”, he growled, only to hear Janae's sigh. “John, do you want to die in a fire?”, she asked. “No? Then shut up and let me do my job”

The sound of splintering wood was heard as the door finally gave in. “Finally!”, Daghan's raspy voice was heard, as he let loose a mighty battlecry. “I got it!”, Janae hissed. “Now pull me up again, carefully”

John leant down, grabbing her arms as he slowly pulled her up, ignoring the pain in his ribs and the sound of dying men above him. Judging by the sound alone, Daghan did a good job in keeping the Second Sons at bay, but no matter how skilled he was, Gutten doubted that he would be able to defeat a dozen men on his own.

Finally, he managed to pull Janae up, letting out a groan of pain as he heard his ribs cracking. She had a grin on her face and five vials of Wildfire in her arms. “Trust me, John. That's going to be wonderful”, she chuckled. As she helped him back on his feet, he had to roll his eyes. “Sure...”, he muttered. “Wonderful”

As they climbed the ladder that lead up to the ground floor again, John realized that Daghan was indeed doing very good work here. Three men lay on the ground, slowly bleeding out while a still unwounded Daghan was fighting against a fourth. “There you are!”, he greeted them, his voice slightly muffled underneath his helmet, while he parried his opponents attack with his shield. The way he had positioned himself, very close to the open door, made it almost impossible for the Second Sons to get past him and they were limited to attack him one at a time. Though a quick glance out of the window proved that the Wildfire was more than needed.

“That's definitely more than a dozen!”, Gutten exclaimed and Daghan gave him a nod, while he casually plunged his sword into his opponent's chest, lifting the dying man up in the air for a moment. “They got reinforcements. I don't know how many are out there and I don't know how long I can hold them off!”, he answered in a yelling tone. “Whatever you plan, hurry”

“I got this, John. You stay here and help Daghan”, Janae yelled as she started to run to the staircase that lead to the upper floors of the towers, to Daghan's rooms. “Shit, what are you doing?”, the knight yelled, as he failed to parry his next opponent's strike. Luckily, his shoulder pads deflected the attack, leaving him unharmed. “You can trust her, it's alright”, John tried to calm him down as he took position next to him, his sword drawn. “You need any help with these?”

Daghan gave him a nod and even underneath the helmet, John saw that he had an anticipating grin on his face. “Yes”, he confirmed. “Kill all that get past me” With these words, he took a step backwards, giving him a bit of breathing space, but his opponent's at least some room to flank him, if it wasn't for Gutten's blade. One especially daring sellsword tried to jump past Daghan, only to be impaled by Gutten's sword.

Another sellsword, a huge beast of a man, armed with a large axe, managed to force Daghan to take a few steps backwards, allowing more of the Second Sons to charge into the tower. Soon, Gutten found himself in a fight against two opponents at once, while Daghan took care of the huge man. One of his opponent's was a young woman with long, black hair, tied into a complicated bun, armed with two short swords, while the other one was a man in Gutten's age, armed with a longsword and a shield.

While the man with the shield mostly focussed on parrying, the young woman unleashed a rain of quick attacks against Gutten, her swords inflicting a number of small, but not very deep cuts on his chest and upper arms. Fortunately for him, Gutten was used to wounds like these and mostly able to ignore the pain. Still, his attempts of keep his opponents at bay grew more desperate with every second, as he realized that the woman tried to push him back towards the ladder that lead to the basement.

“Daghan!”, he yelled as he had to stop at the edge of the hole that lead down to the basement. The knight let out a grunt, followed by a mighty strike against his huge opponent with which he cleanly severed the man's jugular. Without missing a beat, he charged at John's opponents. The young woman turned around immediately late and Daghan heavily slammed his shield into her face, sending her to the ground, maybe dead, maybe just unconscious, but defeated in any way. The man reacted only a moment too late and Daghan plunged his sword sideways into his chest, killing him in an instant.

Breathing heavily, John gave Daghan a nod, before the knight already turned around again and charged towards the door. “Fire and Blood!”, he yelled. Before he even reached the door, a blinding, green light flashed from the outside, followed by a deafening sound and a shockwave that sent Gutten on his knees and caused Daghan to fall flat on his back. The sellsword that was charging at him was hit by green fire and sent flying into the room, falling heavily onto the downed knight. For a moment, the whole world seemed to burn outside the tower, as the shockwave caused the tower's windows to shatter and the remains of the door to splinter. Pieces of glass and wood painfully hit John and he pressed himself onto the ground, while the green fire raged outside.

The explosion was over as soon as it came, leaving behind a completely burned glade, littered with charred corpses. The first to sluggishly get back onto his feet was Daghan. The knight had a disgusted look in his face, as he looked at the smouldering, horribly burned, but still living and screaming man that had landed on top of him. With a grunt, he raised his shield and slammed it down onto the mans head, again and again, until the screaming stopped. Then, he spat onto the ground, visibly disgusted at the scenery. “You never get used to the smell of burning flesh”, he growled, before he looked at John. “You okay?”

John gave him a nod, before he tried to get back onto his feet. Every movement hurt him and he was sure that his ribs were even further damaged now. Even breathing was painful and Daghan was right. The smell was horrible. He quickly glanced at the young woman he had fought against. Her head was bleeding, where Daghan slammed his shield against her, but she was clearly breathing, unconscious but alive. Gutten wouldn't kill her, no. Instead, he would take her as a prisoner. There were a lot of questions that needed to be answered.

“Looks like half of these poor devils out there survived the explosion”, Daghan growled and John heard the pained moans of dying people. “I'm going to end their suffering. You check up on that girl of yours. That was quite the explosion” With these words, Daghan stepped outside, the look on his face showing how much he hated what he had to do now. As Gutten staggered towards the stairs, the pained moans were cut off, one by one.

The upper floor of the tower was in a horrible state. The wildfire had caused the windows to shatter and had whirled the furniture around, destroyed a bed, a table and two chairs. Janae stood in the middle of it, alive and aside from a few minor cuts, apparently unharmed, but with a look of pure shock on her face. John gave her a relieved smile, as he approached her and softly embraced her. “You did good”, he said, before he noticed the expression on her face. “Is everything alright?”, he asked. Janae slowly shook her head and pointed at the remains of the table

“Look at what your new friend was doing here”, she mumbled. Gutten narrowed his eyes, as he knelt down next to the rubble. At first, he saw nothing special, but then, he spotted a small sheet of paper, a letter with an unbroken seal. Gutten surely wasn't an educated man, but he recognized it immediately. A red, three-headed dragon on a field of black. House Targaryen of Dragonstone. “What the hell...”, he muttered. “Is he a Targaryen knight?” Janae slightly shrugged. “I don't know, but I guess this letter explains a lot”, she answered. “I say we take it and find out”

Gutten was inclined to follow her wish, but as he extended his hand towards the letter, the picture of Daghan standing in the tower, mercilessly slaughtering the Second Sons flashed through his mind. In a fight, this man was a beast and getting on his bad side was likely suicidal. On the other hand, he was burning with curiosity. Was it wise to breach the knights trust to get some answers?

[Take the letter] [Leave the letter]

• [Take the letter] Yay death.

Ilish Ilish clinged to her dagger, as she looked from Alexander to Lawsen. She liked Alexander. He was nice, charming, he defended her fr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.