When Will Season 2 Come Out?

Not here to discuss the storyline of Episode 6 which was released early in some regions - I'd just like some speculation as to when the next Season (if there will be one) might come out.

Optimistically I'm thinking maybe over a year and a half. TWD S1 Ep 1 came out in April 2012 and TWD S2 Ep 1 came out December 2013.

But if this become another TWAU, then it might be a couple of years until Season 2 is released, if at all.

Telltale did sign a 'multi-title' contract with HBO so that does seem to indicate at least another GoT title will be published by Telltale, though it doesn't mean multiple titles will come out regularly. There's also the need for the TV story to space out with another season or two before Telltale can use that source material to weave in the story of the Forresters.

The game spanned from late Season 3 to beginning of Season 5 of the show. Therefore Season 2 of the game would probably be set during the entirety of Season 5 and likely end either in the beginning or middle of unaired Season 6. In other words, the best case scenario would be waiting for Season 6 to air and conclude, after which Telltale will probably begin working on the next Season, which could take them a long while...

Assuming this, then Season 2 of the game is tied to Season 6 of the TV show - which will most likely air in April 2016.

Season 5 aired from April 2015 to June 2015.

Season 4 aired from April 2014 to June 2014.

Iron From Ice was released in December 2014, with Season 4 already concluded - and The Ice Dragon released early on November 2015, having passed through Season 5 of the show - although The Ice Dragon seems to be set sometime before S5 Ep 3, which appears to show that Telltale might subtly edit some parts of the storyline to correlate with the most recent season. In any case this does confirm that Telltale will at least need the entirety of Season 6 to air first - allowing the next game to span between where the finale left off in beginning of Season 5 and through at some point into Season 6.

If so, then the good news is that half the job is already done, with Season 5 having already aired, now they just need the next half of Season 6 - although not necessarily all of it since they will have a lot of ground to cover with Season 5, they may only need a portion of Season 6.

Pessimistically, Season 6 will conclude in June 2016, and it might be the case that it won't be until 2017 (the same year their project with Marvel is unveiled) when Telltale can continue the story of House Forrester.

What do you people think, when will Season 2 release?

Comments

• I'm going to guesstimate...late 2016. That's an even two-year gap and fits in with TT's usual release schedule, and also makes sense if they wanna tie it to the show's season 6.

• edited November 2015

Late 2016? I find that strangely consoling... probably too good to be true though... I don't know really, I'd be overjoyed if it actually did come out at any point during 2016 no matter how late... no, its better to be a pessimist and presume that GoT is on hold until mid-2017... at this rate GRRM will probably finish the book series.

ranger563 posted: »

I'm going to guesstimate...late 2016. That's an even two-year gap and fits in with TT's usual release schedule, and also makes sense if they wanna tie it to the show's season 6.

• It will be out in three days!

• Do you think we could get a DLC like 400 Days?

Demarcoa posted: »

It will be out in three days!

• edited November 2015

We better get a DLC, It would be cool to play as somebody serving Stannis.

Harian96 posted: »

Do you think we could get a DLC like 400 Days?

• I expect it to be announced mid 2016 and to be released early 2017 only. But I hope we get a DLC before it.

I don't know if I'm buying a second season or a DLC, though, it would depend on a couple of things.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.