I hope Season 2 is several years after season 1.

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

The reason being I want Talia and Ryon to be the main Forresters we play. It would be badass to play as an older Talia who has been living on the run with Royland/Duncan and a crippled Asher/Rodrik. While also playing as an older Ryon who was raised and trained by Beskha to be Asher 2.0. Just what I am hoping for.

Comments

• That's unlikely , they could skip one year after the siege of ironrath but no more . Because winter is coming .

• Staring Punished Rodrick and Old Asher?

• edited November 2015

It probably will be.

I'd wager by the time Telltale gets to making season 2, the show will be very, very far ahead. I think Daenerys will have went to Westeros already, and the Others will be starting their march south. So they'll have a huge time frame to use for Season 2.

And consider that in the show universe, time passes by faster too. Like how Tommen started out as a kid and will be a young adult soon, whereas his book counterpart is still a kid by the same time he becomes King. Same applies for any other child alive both in the books and the show, really.

By the time we get to Daenerys in Westeros and the Others invading in the show, many, many years will have passed.

• If they're canon to the show they will surely start the second season where they left off. By the end of this game we're already halfway towards the of the show's 4th season, if they skip forward too much they'll have nothing show-wise to interpret.

• edited November 2015

Considering the show will have 8 seasons in total, they'll have four seasons' timespan to use if they wait until the show's 8th season to start working on the game's 2nd season.

4 show seasons for Telltale's season 1, 4 show seasons for Telltale's season 2. Kinda makes sense.

Ortengryn posted: »

If they're canon to the show they will surely start the second season where they left off. By the end of this game we're already halfway towards the of the show's 4th season, if they skip forward too much they'll have nothing show-wise to interpret.

• Then again if they take that route they'd have to wait quite some time considering the source material (the books) aren't even done...

FishySticks posted: »

Considering the show will have 8 seasons in total, they'll have four seasons' timespan to use if they wait until the show's 8th season to st

• I think the 8th might be a prequel season though.

Considering the show will have 8 seasons in total, they'll have four seasons' timespan to use if they wait until the show's 8th season to st

• NO timeskips please, as much as I liked TWD S2, I have to admit the timeskip was a bad idea. Keep us where we're at or in a close vicinity.

• It definitely won't be. There would be no time to finish the series since the books still go on for a good while.

Brodester08 posted: »

I think the 8th might be a prequel season though.

• Well, the surviving brother clearly isn't going to be fighting any battles anytime soon. So maybe a bit of a time jump wouldn't be the worst option, but not to big of a jump.

• Wait, how do you know the show will have 8 seasons?

• GOT season 2 will probably come out in early 2017, so it will be probably set between Season 5's ending and season 6, that means roughly 2 years after Ironrath's fall.

• Months, but not years. Enough for the survivors to get back in track and thinking of a plan to get Ironrath back.

• Since this takes place after episode 9 of season 3, and probably right before episode 10 of season 4, I would say quite some time passed since the beginning. So that much of a jump would probably be fine.

GOT season 2 will probably come out in early 2017, so it will be probably set between Season 5's ending and season 6, that means roughly 2 years after Ironrath's fall.

• Nonsense. They can't go ahead of books and TV show. If there is going to be a GoT game concentrated on Forresters next year, it will follow timeline of TV season 5. Maybe if they announce the next game sometime in autumn 2016 it could possibly follow the season 6.

• Exactly what I think.

Nonsense. They can't go ahead of books and TV show. If there is going to be a GoT game concentrated on Forresters next year, it will follow

• As most have said you really can't jump ahead much. Telltale just won't know the canon ending of the story enough to do that, and Martin wouldn't let a game series be the first hint of his end game.

• It would get out of the original source's timeline.

If only GRRM did that time skip he planned before, it could be possible, but in the end he decided not to do it so it is not going to happen in the games either.

• They have to fit it within the show so I would expect season 2 to take place sometime during season 5 of the show and probably span into season 6 material

Sign in to comment in this discussion.