Gared Final Decision Dilemma

So I've been thinking. It sounds like a lot of people (myself included) had Gared and the North Grovers march south to defend Ironrath, or whatever is left of it.

Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the geography of Westeros, but is there any way for them to get that far South without breaching The Wall? If not, I'm doubting we'd make it past that.

Thanks.

Comments

• They could take a ship over the Bay of Ice and avoid the Wall altogether. Alternitavely, they could try to find a passage through the Wall or climb it at an unmanned part.

The problem is that Mance Rayder is marching south with his wildling army at this point in the show, and they'd kill Gared if they see him in Night's Watch armor. So they probably avoid the Wall and go over the Bay of Ice.

• Or they could around the wall. Their small party should have no problem to get across the mountains.

They could take a ship over the Bay of Ice and avoid the Wall altogether. Alternitavely, they could try to find a passage through the Wall o

• The Frostfangs...might be, they are actually in the final Episode (Gared can remark that he never met anyone who'd been there...foreshadowing?)

Or they could around the wall. Their small party should have no problem to get across the mountains.

• We're probably going to have to climb

• I believe it's possible but it'll take longer. If they had to go through the wall they wouldn't even try.

I thought majority stayed?

• Ramsay's teleportation magic

• Not sure how much the Forrester bastards know about the Night's Watch, but is it possible they know about the gate below the Nightfort?

That would be a quick way through the wall.

• The only way to go around it would be to sail around it. They would need a boat.

Or they could around the wall. Their small party should have no problem to get across the mountains.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.