Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• I loved how someone liked that i was asking this yet didn't answer.

But seriously nobody was affected by his death?

Lord_EAA posted: »

So.......nobody seems sad George died.

• Never really cared about him that much :D I mean I have nothing against him but he was kinda just... "Tully soldier #5" (insert which ever number there :D). I know there is more to him than that but in a story with so many characters you just don't get attached to every secondary character.

I loved how someone liked that i was asking this yet didn't answer. But seriously nobody was affected by his death?

• edited November 2015

Still, dude choked on his blood.

Wait..... That brings me 2 important questions.

1 Which 'secondary' characters do you feel attached to?

2 How do you measure if a character is primary or secondary on this type of story?

Never really cared about him that much I mean I have nothing against him but he was kinda just... "Tully soldier #5" (insert which ever num

• I'm sad :( I really liked his friendship with Garthon.

• I think most will see it similarly to WildlingKing. While George has been in the story since Chapter 2, he has never been a very important character and from the moment of his introduction, I have planned for him to die during the assassination. Although, the fact that Garthon appeared in Chapter 3 at all was mostly because of George, because I figured, if I kill him off in Chapter 5, I want to have some development for him in Chapter 3. Originally, Garthon and George were supposed to travel offscreen to Maidenpool during Chapter 3, but I decided to show their journey to give George some characterization. Sadly, one of his key character traits, the fact that he was a very shy and humble person, also limited his ability to step up, as he mostly preferred to leave the talking to characters like Garthon or Lord Tully. Ironically though, if the correct option would have won, he would have been the one to kill Harren Hoare, achieving probably one of the most important kills in the whole story.

• Well first of all pretty much every PoV is primary (well not literally all of them, like Maester Eaton), the ones constantly interacting with PoVs are secondary and those that are kinda more on the background, only appearing now and then I would say are tertiary. The status of a character can of course change. Also this kind of classification doesn't necessarily work with antagonists...

And I think I already answered to you before about which characters I care about :D

Still, dude choked on his blood. Wait..... That brings me 2 important questions. 1 Which 'secondary' characters do you feel attached to? 2 How do you measure if a character is primary or secondary on this type of story?

• Yes, his personality is definitely going to be a bit different than before, most likely a bit darker. He is no longer the person he was when he left Raylansfair. As for how much he has changed exactly, his storyline in the next chapter will give you a more detailed answer.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Is Lucas' personality going to be different in any way? Or will he mostly be the same just... damaged?

• Yeah you did i was just wondering if that changed :)

Well first of all pretty much every PoV is primary (well not literally all of them, like Maester Eaton), the ones constantly interacting wit

• Well thats gone forever.

I'm sad I really liked his friendship with Garthon.

• Yeah i guess. Also im glad Harren lived. The canon was almost destroyed.

I think most will see it similarly to WildlingKing. While George has been in the story since Chapter 2, he has never been a very important c

• When Liquid first time said that he is ready to break canon in this I was thinking "meh" :D But I got excited of the thought later, a kind of "what if" story wouldn't really be that bad! Messing up with Westeros' history, kinda like playing CK2 ASoIaF-mod :p

Yeah i guess. Also im glad Harren lived. The canon was almost destroyed.

• I have to say, I am also glad about this, as much as I would have liked to give you some success. If Harren would have died, Harmund would have taken his role in the canon, which would have had further consequences, even though the arguably most important event in the history of House Hoare would have remained unchanged. The problem is, while Harmund can certainly be menacing at times, he just doesn't have the class of his father and he isn't even nearly as enjoyable to write. With Harren alive, some of the future events are going to be a lot more fun.

Yeah i guess. Also im glad Harren lived. The canon was almost destroyed.

• But look at all the insane stuff that would happen then. Harren would die. Harmund would take over and start a bunch of wars he never did. Millions of lives would be compleately altered (lets not even THINK of how much GOT in this universe would change from the main one). The tullys would be wiped out and im preatty sure the Greyjoys too eventually.

And this would give liquid the chance to unleash chaos. The ability to destroy or rebuild or change ANYTHING. Do you have any idea what he would DO with that power....... It scares me

When Liquid first time said that he is ready to break canon in this I was thinking "meh" But I got excited of the thought later, a kind of

• That's exactly what I mean by messing with Westeros' history :D I'm totally okay with going by canon, but I don't see a reason why a fan fiction couldn't create alternative way for things to unfold, if the writer wants to. I mean what would it really matter if Greyjoys or Tullys would be wiped out in a fanfic? They are still there in the canon story, don't worry bro :D

But look at all the insane stuff that would happen then. Harren would die. Harmund would take over and start a bunch of wars he never did. M

• edited November 2015

But i like to think of this awesome story as part of my head canon (this and house of wayne which supprisingly fits with everything) To continue that with canon broken i would have to pretend it isn't but anyway i would always know...........:(

That's exactly what I mean by messing with Westeros' history I'm totally okay with going by canon, but I don't see a reason why a fan ficti

• Okay, well that's understandable :)

• Ha! They failed!

And Leonard lives!

Leonard stopped walking immediately, as he fully turned towards her. Samantha saw how pale his face was. It wasn't only the loss of blood, s

• Back in Raylansfair already? Interesting...

Next time on Forum of Thrones: “Everything in life comes at a price”, Harren Hoare explained, as he walked through the prison cell, loo

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 5? Leonard, Samantha, Harren, Leonard, Lucas, I guess Edward Anturion and Darren Tallwood. Maybe Arthur? Argella? All of Maya's buddies except her. She's kind of meh. John is nice though.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 5? Mullendore, Jenna, Richard, and Harris. Wolfius is pretty mediocre, and I suppose Kreep is too. Clayton, Alysanne, and Kersea. Jaylon would be here, but now he's back to meh because of the last part. Harpy agh.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 5? Samantha's, Drent's and perhaps Maya's because of the characters she interacts with.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 5? Eh Jenna's and Richard's, Kersea's. Their storylines to me are the least interesting, and have the characters I don't like.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 5? I really enjoyed the last part for both POV's excellent.

Is there anything you disliked? Well I suppose that despite most of the storylines now inter-connecting, there are still some outliers story wise. I also find that sometimes these characters kill a ridiculous number of people unopposed, and find that it kind of breaks my immersion a bit. The Jarpy isn't strong with this one either.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 6? I anticipate what Leonard will do to Harris. Leonard in general, because I think he hasn't seen enough gold yet or had a fair fight, his swordsman skills were on the most important things for me. On other characters, I want to see what happens to Torvin and Garthon.

What else...I guess more deaths in general, or deaths that hurt more, like Dairon's. George - I didn't really feel anything, Alexander's too. There's a lot of side characters: kill 'em!

Good job though!

Finally, after four and a half months, Chapter 5 is over! It got long, a lot longer than I planned it to be at first, but I think this is no

• How much is it to Aegons landing by the way? I remember some time ago when we were talking about it, we were about two weeks from landing, or maybe it was two weeks from start of the story, or maybe both, I can't remember actually. Am I right when I say that Lucas and Leonard stayed in the Oldtown for relatively short amount of time, it was just the storyline it was big right? It was like 2-3 days I think. so I don't think we are that much closer but anyway, we know they will meet Harris in the next chapter and they need few days to get to the Raylansfair, so we will get closer soon ( At least if I have correct assumption that we were 2 weeks away from Aegons landing when we talked about it last, and that we are around 10 days away or a bit more right now.)

I have to say, I am also glad about this, as much as I would have liked to give you some success. If Harren would have died, Harmund would h

• Oh god im so nervous! Still had no time to read the final D:

John will also appear in the next chapter, no worries! This is just a little teaser to get you excited for the next chapter. John's storylin

• So, Liquid... a while ago I asked how things would've gone down if Jaylon died. You told me things wouldn't go smoothly and a character would end up in the unknown section, didn't that still happen?

• Edward is one of your fav's :D

Tell me why? Please :)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 5? Leonard, Samantha, Harren, Leonard, Lucas, I guess Edward Anturion and Darren Tallwood. May

• Indeed, it basically still happened, so the difference wasn't that huge. The only difference would be that, as a result of the different approach they would have taken, it would have been Sasha who would have ended up unknown instead of Davith. While Sasha is now travelling to Raylansfair together with Samantha, Davith wouldn't have done so if Sasha would have stayed back. Instead, he would have tried to rescue her in the next chapter. Another difference would be that Samantha would feel horrible for leaving Sasha. She already has a bad feeling for leaving Davith, but loosing Sasha would have been even worse for her. The main difference would have been that without Jaylon, the rescue attempt would have had a chance to fail, if you also wouldn't have brought Leonard along.

So, Liquid... a while ago I asked how things would've gone down if Jaylon died. You told me things wouldn't go smoothly and a character would end up in the unknown section, didn't that still happen?

• I think the last time we had been talking about this, it was about how long the current events have been from the start of the story. The events of the Chapter 5 took place roughly three weeks after the Prologue and Chapter 6 will start one week after Chapter 5. So far I haven't given a hint at how close we are to Aegons Landing, but I think I can do so now: Aegons Landing will happen a month after the events of Chapter 6, which means, two months after the Prologue. He is currently still on Dragonstone, rallying his bannermen to take counsel with them.

How much is it to Aegons landing by the way? I remember some time ago when we were talking about it, we were about two weeks from landing, o

• Also you feel theres too little bloodshed........you will miss these days soon..........

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 5? Leonard, Samantha, Harren, Leonard, Lucas, I guess Edward Anturion and Darren Tallwood. May

• OMG that was awesome. Had a gotgasm o_o! Pls never stop with it Liquid!

Leonard stopped walking immediately, as he fully turned towards her. Samantha saw how pale his face was. It wasn't only the loss of blood, s

• Oh ok, then I got it all wrong last time :D

I think the last time we had been talking about this, it was about how long the current events have been from the start of the story. The ev

• Ahh... that makes sense.

Indeed, it basically still happened, so the difference wasn't that huge. The only difference would be that, as a result of the different app

• Can you give us a list of the characters you plan to introduce this chapter? :)

• Of course :) Keep in mind though, this list might not be complete and might not even be correct. While I can guarantee that most of the characters on this list will appear in Chapter 6, at times my plans change and I am not entirely sure for some of these characters. In some cases, your choices will determine how well I can include certain characters. But well, here are the characters that are most likely going to appear in this chapter, in order of their position in the waiting list:

Briar Catelins, Ser Edrick, Leo York, Jarcka Snow, Hal Recton, Keat the Trickster, Dan Ornon, Blane Banefort, Gyles Gomblinger, Nilanne, Ando Pyre, Magnus Silverstone, Bennett, William Gering, Dante Karstark, Darreth Kailen, Baelor Bloodbane, Sadie Wade, Taria Templeton, Gerold Stratford, Torold Stratford, Melany Stratford, Lenrianda, Edefilec Magabaz, Ser Arryk Bulwer, Saerya Waters, Tedyn Bullister

That list actually looks a bit smaller than the list I made for last chapter. However, I kept it deliberately a bit shorter, considering that a number of characters from last chapter had ultimately no room to appear. With these characters I am very sure that they will appear in Chapter 6. There are a few where I am still unsure and I haven't included them in this list, because I don't want to disappoint anyone if their characters does not make it into the chapter, so the final number of characters introduced in the next chapter will probably be a bit higher.

xSensus posted: »

Can you give us a list of the characters you plan to introduce this chapter?

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 5? I love so many characters of ur story. John, Garthon, Samantha, Leonard. But I think my two favourites are Lucas and Wolfius. Lucas because his story is dark and I love his development (i just love characters who almost lost everything and lived in a living hell (sry for bad gramma)). And Wolfius is a good villain. And even tho i hate hate his character....i love him as a villain. Like I love joffrey and ramsey^^ And ofc im rooting for my own character^^ I hope he survives long enough to do some cool shit :)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 5? ...i think Argella maybe? I think she's bitchy...and...i guess there is no one i really hate. Even the evil characters. I think even clayton is interesting. XD

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 5? Ofc I'm rooting for my character...even if he just appeared but yea i hope for the best for him^^

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 5? No one really xD

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 5? The part with Gutten, were Daghan appeared the first time _ My heart exploded!

Is there anything you disliked? Hmmm some fights maybe. I had the feeling some of the fights (specially were two named character fights each others) were not so....logical. U know what i mean? I said something about the fights with wolfius, were i thought it doesnt make much sense that wolfius wins nearly every time. It's just an example. Sometimes I thought the other character should have won. And I think there could be more romances^^ I like love storys after all blush's

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 6? More death's maybe >:D !!! But anything is good until u keep writing :)

Finally, after four and a half months, Chapter 5 is over! It got long, a lot longer than I planned it to be at first, but I think this is no

• Dante Karstark, Darreth Kailen

:O OMG YES!

Of course Keep in mind though, this list might not be complete and might not even be correct. While I can guarantee that most of the charac

• I see one of my characters in there, but not to excited since it's one of my not as great characters.

Of course Keep in mind though, this list might not be complete and might not even be correct. While I can guarantee that most of the charac

• Are we going to see our other choices of what could've been?

• Yes, I am currently writing the outcomes of the alternative choices down. Since this chapter was even longer than the last, this may take some time, but I hope to finish it today.

Bounden posted: »

Are we going to see our other choices of what could've been?

• edited November 2015

Oh good another feel free to kill person.

Bounden posted: »

I see one of my characters in there, but not to excited since it's one of my not as great characters.

• I'm excited and frightened to see what possible outcomes there were.

Yes, I am currently writing the outcomes of the alternative choices down. Since this chapter was even longer than the last, this may take some time, but I hope to finish it today.

• edited November 2015

Alternative Choices: Chapter V

Samantha I:

[Go after Mullendore and Lucas]

This would have changed the outcome of the chapter a lot and it would have also been way more dangerous for Samantha and Sasha. They would have succeeded in freeing Lucas, although depending on future choices, Samantha, Sasha or even both (or neither, to be fair) could have died. Lucas would have been spared the torture, but Leonard would have been tortured instead. He would have been broken a bit earlier than Lucas and would have ultimately revealed the location of Dairon, which would have resulted in Dairon getting taken before Lucas and his allies could have saved him. Lucas would have also teamed up with Davith, but Jaylon would have remained a villain, who would have been fought and killed later in the chapter either by Lucas or by Samantha. In the end, they would have succeeded in freeing Leonard, but would have left Dairon behind, whose fate would have been unknown.

Torvin I:

[Choose to raid Lannisport with the majority of the Iron Fleet]

This is one of the few choices in the story that would have changed nearly nothing. Regardless of your choices, Torvin would never be part of any war attempt in the Rock. However, there would have been some minor dialogue change in the next part, where Torvin would have talked to Damon Greyjoy and Durren Stallhart

Maya I:

[Allow Gregar to announce you]

Since he isn't a knight, Gregar would have made a far worse job than Aldrik when it comes to announcing Maya during her audience with Harris. Similarly, Aldrik would have been terrible for the job Gregar ultimately did, finding a thief to steal the documents for them.

[Force Irving to announce you]

This would have been perhaps the most hilarious, but also the worst option by far, as Irving would have completely ruined any good impression Maya might have been able to make on Harris. It would have also meant that Irving would have never talked to Marak and would have never been encouraged to confess his crush on her, further influencing their relationship.

Ellena I:

[Open the letter and read it with Jarek]

Not much would have changed, other than that Jarek would have commented on the Burned Man's letter in more detail. He would have also been happy that Ellena trusts him enough for such a thing.

[Don't open the letter]

The content of the letter would have remained a secret, which would have had further influences on Ellena's storyline and her opinion about Terroma in the next chapter, but wouldn't have changed much in this chapter.

Arthur I

[Console Roman and find out more about the victim]

This would have given me the opportunity to develop the character of Roman a little bit more, which will now happen in the next chapter instead. Roman would have also dropped a very important hint about the mysterious monster that currently stalks the forests around Raylansfair, a hint that will now not be revealed until it is too late.

Alys I:

[Act intimidated and submissive]

This would have been a bad choice for Alys. After all, Harren is a Hoare and Hoare's love to torment those who they see as weak. In some matter, Harren is even worse than Harmund in these regards. He wouldn't have touched Alys, but would have been exceptionally cruel to her, until Harrick would have intervened. This would have caused Alys to have a much worse mood in her second part, but she would have also had an even better opinion about Harrick

Drent I:

[Tell her that some men are dissatisfied with her leadership, but you don't know their names]

Argella would have believed this and would have been satisfied with this answer, thanking Drent for his loyalty. That way, Drent would have satisfied her, but also wouldn't have angered Garen later in the chapter. In some way, this would have been the best choice for Drent in this part

[Claim that everyone is satisfied with her leadership]

By all her arrogance, Argella is definitely not stupid. She wouldn't have believed this and would have let Drent know how displeased she is at him for trying to lie to her in such an obvious manner. She would have been far less personal around him in the next parts.

[Claim that you don't know the soldiers opinion about her]

While Argella wouldn't have believed this either, she would have respected this answer, because it is not that obviously a lie and because she believes that he would have protected a fellow soldier with it. She wouldn't have been pleased, but she wouldn't have been offended by it either, making this some sort of neutral option.

Jenna I:

[Confront Septon Corbin but take a guard with you]

Depending on your choices, Jenna and the Septon could have very well ended up fighting against each other. In such a case, Jenna would have been overpowered, unless she would have taken a guard with her. Said guard would have been Federico Snow, who was briefly introduced in John's first part as a new member of the castle guard.

Samantha II:

[Refuse Jaylon's surrender and fight him]

As a result of Jaylon's wounds, Samantha would have easily overpowered and killed him. This would have meant that he wouldn't be around to help out in the rest of the chapter, making things a lot harder for her. As I have said earlier, depending on your choices, the rescue attempt could have ended with Sasha ending up in the unknown section, or even with the whole group getting captured, so sparing Jaylon was definitely the better option.

Jaron I:

[Talk to Harpy first]

While Jaron's storyline in this chapter was a lot less determined on your choices, talking to Harpy would have actually been important, because of how drunken she actually is when Jaron finally talks to her. If he would have talked to her first, Harpy would have been completely sober. She would have been a bit flirtatious around him, but uncomfortable in talking about her emotions. Depending on a following choice, Jarpy would have happened, or it would have simply been very strongly hinted at, before finally happening in the next chapter.

[Make plans with Ayden first]

This choice wouldn't have changed much, but if you would have joined Ayden immediately, the Burned Man would have been slightly more pleased. Also, the character of Himani would have been present during the plan-making

Marak I:

[Leave them and talk to Noelle]

This would have given Irving less screentime in this chapter, but Noelle a bit more. She would have also been very pleased with Marak and would have rewarded him with a bottle of wine. Marak however would have hated the wine. Obviously, not a very big choice.

Raenna I:

[Spare him]

Surprisingly, sparing Butterfly's henchman would have been the worse choice in this situation, so you did well with killing him. If spared, the henchman would have returned to Butterfly and would have caused additional trouble for Raenna, even though the negative consequences would have been manageable. It would have had a positive influence on Raenna's personality though and she would have acted a bit warmer in future chapters in general.

Lucas I:

[Reveal Dairon's location]

This option would have been a very bad option. Dairon would have been taken by the Tom and the Moggy long before Samantha would have arrived at the Citadel. He would have been safe though, as Mullendore is not a kinslayer. Lucas on the other hand would have died. There would be no additional parts for him in this chapter, he would have been unknown for the rest of it and would have been revealed as dead in the finale.

[Try to lie to him]

While not as bad as telling the truth, this would have still been very painful. The Sphynx is too smart to be lied to and he would have tortured Lucas even more severe, which would have caused him to break slightly earlier.

Torvin I:

[Tell her the truth]

Torvin would have bluntly told Kyra about his plans and she would have been freaked out by this. While she wouldn't have arrested him as her duty would command, she would have seen Torvin as foolishly reckless.

[Try to lie to her]

As with the Sphynx, Kyra is too good at spotting a lie, while Torvin is not a very good liar. He would have failed to lie to her, but she would appreciate his effort. This option would have revealed some additional information that is now going to be revealed in the next chapter instead.

Garthon I:

[Refuse to give up your weapons]

This option wouldn't have had that many consequences. George would have been irritated by this and only the intervention of Lord Tully would have prevented worse, but other than that, there wouldn't have been any major change

John I:

[Try to excavate the treasure in the morning]

This would have unlocked an alternative storyline for John in which he and Janae would have teamed up with Daghan to track down Ser Rodrik and his men, who would have already found the 'treasure'. While they would have succeeded in recovering the Wildfire, Daghan's involvement with the Targaryens would have remained a secret.

Drent II:

[Try to break up the situation by talking]

This option would have arguably been the best, as Drent would have managed to defuse the situation between Argella and Torrence without any violence. Torrence would have revealed a slightly more likeable side and he would have apologized to Argella, without learning about her identity. Edonia wouldn't have appeared in this option, instead, Drent would have had a longer conversation with Argella in the end and the princess would have been honestly impressed by his rhetorical skills.

[Let Argella deal with Torrence]

Argella would have managed to defuse the situation by herself and without violence, although she would have been slightly displeased at Drent. She would have insulted Torrence in an absolutely brutal way and he would have been angered at her. Before things could escalate, Edonia would have appeared to calm Torrence down. Since he would never hit her, Argella would refrain from humiliating him.

[Reveal her identity to him]

This option would have angered Argella tremendously, because she obviously does not want her identity to be revealed. However, Torrence would have immediately apologized to her and to make up for his behaviour, he would have become one of her most loyal soldiers during this mission.

Richard I:

[Allow Philip to accompany you]

This option would have determined who would have been wounded during the warehouse attack. Whoever would have accompanied Richard would have received a relatively minor wound, but would have been unable to help for the remainder of the chapter. If Philip would have been the one to get wounded, Jarow would have taken his role in defeating Alysanne and saving Urid.

[Allow Urid to accompany you]

Urid's wounds wouldn't have been that bad if he would have been the one to accompany Richard. Instead of him, Philip would have been the one who would have ended up trapped in the warehouse and he would have been saved by Richard and Jarow. His wounds would have been as bad as Urid's wounds are now, which would have had more consequences in the next chapters.

Willfred I:

[Talk to Lord Harris]

This would have unlocked more talks with Harris in this chapter, at the expense of Hobert, who would have lost a potential ally. However, while Willfred could have succeeded in winning Harris' support, Harris would have ultimately went against his end of the bargain, to keep the people of Raylansfair out of a war that is not theirs.

Samantha III:

[Take Davith with you]

This would have had mainly the effect that Jaylon wouldn't be there in the Citadel, making things slightly harder during the fight against the Moggy. Samantha also wouldn't have learned about Jaylon's backstory and they would have had a worse relationship. In the end, he would have betrayed his fellow guardsmen because of their mockery instead out of loyalty for Samantha, therefore staying a bit more villainous.

[Take Jaylon with you]

This would have had the effect that Davith wouldn't be at the Citadel, making things slightly harder against the Moggy. He also would have never developed his crush on Samantha, which would have had the effect that he wouldn't have stayed back in the end to distract the Tom and his men. Instead, Sasha would have done so, ending up unknown instead of him.

[Take neither with you]

This is basically a combination of the negative effects of the other two options, as neither Jaylon nor Davith would have developed any kind of loyalty for Samantha. The fight against the Moggy would have also been significantly harder and more hectic.

Ellena II:

[Don't allow Samuel to enter the ship]

Samuel would have been enraged by this decision, but would have retreated, since he knows fully well that he has no chance against the guards, at least not as long as they have crossbows. He would have later returned to sneak aboard the ship during the night, to steal his ring from the captain. In the process, he would have gotten into a fight with the captain and he would have killed him, which would have caused Ellena to hate him even more. Depending on your later choices, Ellena's opinion about Samuel will actually be important.

Arthur II:

[Don't accompany the troops and go home]

This was kind off a minor option that mainly would have made things slightly easier for Lyria, since Arthur would have been at her house earlier. It would have also meant a missed opportunity for me to show the complicated relationship between Arthur and Hackor

Raenna II:

[Stay out of it]

This would have been a very bad decision. It was one of the choices I never even intended to give in the first place, since Raenna's place in the storyline together with Terroma was how I planned her story to be from the very beginning. I don't know the consequences for her, but chances are she would have gotten a completely different storyline. However, the consequences for the rest of the characters would have been terrible. Several characters would have died without you having any chance to do something against it and I can already reveal the first one: Terroma would have died in Chapter 6. He wouldn't have stayed the last victim of this choice and eventually, even more of your favourites would have suffered, but more about that after later chapters.

Jaron II:

[Go outside and talk to Harpy]

This option would have actually been important, because it would have made Jarpy entirely determinant on a vote in the next Jaron part. At this stage of drunkenness, Harpy would have been very silent and thoughtful, revealing a few secrets about her that would have changed Jaron's opinion about her quite noticeably. While she is a fairly well-intentioned and goodish character with noticeable morals, she would have also revealed a darker secret which she is ashamed of. Jaron would have had the option to console her, resulting in Jarpy, or to leave her alone, resulting in Jarpy potentially never happening. Since I ship Jarpy enough to make it canon, I am pleased that this option hasn't won.

Lyria II:

[Go outside and confront Wolfius]

This would have revealed that Wolfius has killed Lyria's neighbours to make sure that no one hears them. It would have also made things worse for Rosalie, as Wolfius wouldn't have fought Lyria directly, but would have instead taken a different way into the house.

Jenna II:

[Confront him directly]

This would have caused Septon Corbin to quickly break down, even quicker than he would have had in the option that won. Not much would have changed, other than the fact that Jenna would have shown a more confrontational streak of hers, at the cost of getting the chance to show her more tricky side.

[Attack him and try to beat a confession out of him]

Without a guard, things would have looked bad for poor Jenna. She would have had three possible options in another part, out of which only one would have resulted in her overpowering Corbin. The other two options wouldn't have resulted in her death, but Corbin would have knocked her unconscious, before escaping from Raylansfair

Maya II

[Tell him the truth]

This would have actually been a good option, since Harris would have been impressed by Maya being honest with him. He would have also been a bit less manipulated by Sherryl, who advised him not to trust Maya after all. Ultimately, he would have become an ally to Maya and would have supported her mission, but in turn, she would have had to agree to do him a favour too.

Torvin III:

[Decline Hjalgar's help]

This option would have meant that Hjalgar wouldn't have taken George's role in the assassination. Depending on your choice in the second Garthon part of Chapter 5, you would have lost every chance at succeeding with the assassination, since the original plan could have only succeeded at all with George in Harren's audience chamber. However, George would have survived this chapter for sure.

Lucas II:

[Reveal Dairon's location]

Again, bad decision. Lucas would have died, since he would have had no use anymore. However, depending on Samantha's choices, there could have been an option to save Dairon's life and preventing the abduction later on.

[Try to lie to him]

Once again, the Sphynx can't be lied too. He is an expert torturer and he knows when his subjects are lying. He wouldn't have been pleased, resulting in more brutal torture for Lucas.

Garthon II:

[Advise him to consider Mallister's plan]

This choice would have changed a lot in the upcoming chapters, a huge lot. As you know, Mallister ultimately betrayed the other Riverlords. However, he didn't do it out of loyalty to Harren, but out of survival instinct, since he suspects quite rightfully that his city would be the first to fall if Harren would die. This option wouldn't have revealed his treachery. Instead, he would have been a useful ally to Torvin and Tully. An alternative storyline would have been unlocked, dealing with the Riverlords trying to sabotage the Iron Fleet and taking a major part of Harren's power base. The chapter finale wouldn't have happened and Torvin and Garthon would have remained free.

[Advice him to consider Frey's plan]

This choice would have actually been a safe way to kill Harren Hoare. Lord Frey's plan would be very blunt, but effective. He, Torvin, Garthon, George, and a dozen of his men would have walked up to Harren and would have attacked him. Mallister wouldn't have had the time to inform the king of this and Harren would have been taken off guard by how simple this plan actually is. In the resulting fight, Lord Frey would have been killed, but he would have went down like a badass, taking both, Harren and Harlan with him and almost killing Harrick as well. Torvin would have been killed by Edward, George would have been killed by Kyra and Garthon would have been taken prisoner as the only survivor of this massacre, at least on his side. Harrick, Kyra and Edward would have survived on the Hoare's side. Ultimately, this would have caused Harmund to take the throne. Damon would have eventually went into open rebellion in Book 2, but Harrick would have remained loyal to his brother even though he would have been a more competent ruler by far. Ultimately, this option would have been a phyrric victory, but a victory nonetheless.

• edited November 2015

Ilish I:

[Bring Malkolm a mug of ale first]

This option would have given Malkolm Sternhelm, Hobert's head guard, a bit more screentime and he would have been in a better mood in Willfred's next part, but ultimately, not much would have changed. You would have failed to learn Kreep's identity and he would have had less screentime in this chapter.

[Bring Ser Rodrik a bottle of wine first]

This option, similar to the Malcolm option would have caused Kreep to appear less in this chapter. Instead, Rodrik would have had marginally more screentime and he would have been in a better mood, resulting in him not snapping in the next Ilish part.

Samantha IV

[Try to negotiate with the Archmaester]

This would have caused Wulvren to be utterly annoyed at Samantha, but he ultimately would have opened the door. He wouldn't have shown some of his cooler character traits, instead he would have appeared to be somewhat grumpy. However, it would have been an option that would have resulted in Dairon's survival as he would have accompanied Samantha back to Davith's hideout before the Tom and the Moggy would have arrived at the Citadel. There would have been a chase with Tom and Moggy, but ultimately, no one would have died. However, Samantha wouldn't have won the help of Archmaester Wulvren to leave the city, which would have resulted in the group spending an additional, highly dangerous chapter in Oldtown, trying to escape while Mullendore's men would have searched the whole city. This chapter could have ended with even more deaths, but more about that after Chapter 6

[Order Davith to pick the lock]

This option would have been entirely similar to the negotiating option, but with the negative bonus that Wulvren wouldn't have been simply a bit grumpy, but outright pissed at Samantha. Take in mind, that man basically blew the Moggy up. You don't want to fuck with Archmaester Wulvren.

Drent III:

[Try to talk to Argella]

This option would have given me less room to develop the characters of Edonia, Tariel, Montclair and Garen, but it would have given me a lot more room to develop Drent, Argella, Argilac and a little bit of Ser Emphryus. Mostly, the part would have focussed on Argella. I have hinted at it, she is actually not a bad person. Quite the contrary, because as far as royalty goes, Argella Durrandon is one of the more positive examples in Westeros, believe it or not. This option would have revealed some of her more likeable traits, as she would have revealed her backstory and her reasons for often acting like an utter bitch towards others. It would have started an actually kinda sweet friendship between Drent and Argella. However, ultimately I am satisfied with the option that won, because I gladly took the chance to develop some of the supporting characters in Drent's storyline. There will be a lot more opportunity for me to further develop Argella a bit later.

Alys III:

[Stay in the Great Hall]

This option would have simply meant that Alys wouldn't have gotten a fourth part in this chapter. The whole reason for her fourth part was that I wanted to have a chance to develop Carvin and Hjalgar a bit better, so leaving the Great Hall with Carvin gave Alys another part.

Kersea I:

[Offer to take Alysanne's place instead]

If Kersea would have stayed back instead of Alysanne, she would have hesitated to kill. This would have been better for the city guard. She would have been surrounded and would have been taken prisoner. A few guardsmen would have died in the explosion, but the casualties would have been not so high. Kersea wouldn't stay in prison for too long, as she would have been freed by Clayton and Alysanne before the chapter would have ended. Alysanne wouldn't have been wounded and she would have been even more thankful towards Kersea.

[Suggest that Clayton takes Alysanne's place]

To Kersea's surprise, Clayton would have taken Alysanne's place in the warehouse. Of course, this would have pissed him off, which is going to be important a bit later in the story. Clayton would have been an absolute beast. He would have killed Jarow and Urid, as well as a majority of guardsmen on his own, because he would have had by far the more superior position and the more superior training. One thing he wouldn't have expected would have been the presence of Darren though. As you may remember, Clayton killed Darren's family. Therefore, the master assassin would have been pitted against an absolutely livid knight in full armour, who would have actually kicked his ass, until Clayton would have resolved to use dirty tricks simply to escape with his life. This experience would have humbled him immensely and while he would have been extremely angry and cruel towards Kersea, he would have been far less smug towards others.

Lyria II:

[Follow his order]

This would have been a very bad option. Wolfius can't be trusted and I think you have realized this by now. If Lyria would have followed Wolfius' option to surrender, Rosalie would have died. Instead of her, Lyria would have ended up as the grievously wounded. The death of her daughter would have sent Lyria into despair and she would have dedicated the rest of her life to hunt down Wolfius and to make him pay.

Richard II:

[Save Urid and trust Philip with saving Darren]

This option would have been by far the worse option out of the two. Philip would have managed to save Darren without effort, but Richard, being already wounded and all, would have failed to save Urid in time. Even worse, his wound would have reopened, causing him to need help instead. Darren would have had the decision to save either Richard or Urid and he would have decided to save Richard, while Philip would have been unable to save Urid on his own. This would have resulted in the death of Urid and serious injury for Philip.

Jaron III

[Try to wake her up to get her inside]

This option wouldn't have changed much, other than a short, additional and probably humorous dialogue between Jaron and Harpy. Parts of it still appeared in the part that actually won, but with this choice, Harpy would have went into full snark-mode. Basically though, not much would have changed aside from some minor dialogue.

Ellena III

[Refuse to shake his hand and leave him]

Again, this option might end up very important if you make certain choices a bit later in the story. If Ellena would have refused to shake Samuel's hand, she wouldn't forgive him. He would end up being less sympathetic in later chapters and she would end up still hating him for what he did.

Lucas III:

[Reveal Dairon's location to him]

In this situation, this would have been the best option for Lucas. Unlike what you may think, Mullendore wouldn't have killed Lucas immediately. Instead, he would have given him a few more hours, which would have been time enough for Samantha to free him. Lucas would have kept his eye and ear in this case and would have been in a slightly better mental condition in the next chapter.

[Stay silent]

This choice would have changed nothing. Mullendore would have still managed to break Lucas, but he would have been slightly impressed that Lucas never once said something until the end.

Samantha V

[Don't allow Leonard to help]

This option would have been more important if you wouldn't have spared Jaylon's life. With Jaylon around, the rescue attempt succeeded for sure, but without Jaylon, Samantha would have needed Leonard to succeed in her mission. With Jaylon around, not allowing Leonard to help would have actually been better for Leonard's physical health. He would have been angry though, since he really wanted to help.

Marak II:

[Stay out of it]

In the next Ilish part, Marak wouldn't have intervened in the one-sided fight between Rodrik Stone and Megur. This would have resulted in Alexander stepping up against Rodrik, stopping him from causing a bloodbath.

Willfred II:

[Refuse to support Hobert openly]

While Willfred hadn't had the longest storyline in this chapter, he had a very important one, trust me. This choice in particular will be very important in the next chapter, because now, Hobert has the support of the Rock.

Maya III:

[Follow Aldrik's plan]

Aldrik's plan to gain access to the documents would have involved diplomacy and scheming. It would have made things worse for Harris and even better for Hobert, because in the long run, Maya's schemes would have aligned very well with Hobert's schemes and the two would have decided to become allies.

Ilish II:

[Help Alexander and fight against Wolfius]

This option would have saved Alexander's life, but at the cost of Lawsen's. Since Lawsen is far less developed than Alexander, I am actually quite glad that he survived.

John II:

[Give up the Wildfire and surrender]

This option would have given Rodrik access to the Wildfire, which is probably not very good. He would have uphold his end of the bargain though and would have allowed John, Janae and a reluctant Daghan to leave unharmed.

[Refuse to surrender and fight]

Together with Janae and Daghan, John would have put up a very good fight. In fact, good enough that the Second Sons would have eventually retreated. The tower can be defended easily, especially by someone like Daghan, so Rodrik would have realized that his chances to win are bad.

Jenna III:

[Lock him in the Sept and bring the city guard to him]

This option would have been a very bad option, because as some of you already called, Septon Corbin would have commited suicide, out of shame for his involvement in the attacks on Jenna and Halla. He wouldn't have been able to inform anyone about Butterfly, which would have naturally been bad.

Drent IV:

[Don't warn Garen]

This would have caused huge problems later on. Eventually, Garen would have learned about Drent betraying his trust and he would have been furious. Now, he is simply very upset at Drent and is probably never going to be his friend, but if Drent wouldn't have warned him, the two would have become bitter enemies.

Richard III:

[Support Philip]

This choice is going to have major consequences for Richard and Philip in the next chapter. One thing I can reveal is, Richard has not managed to talk Philip out of his plans for vengeance, which means that now, Richard will pursue his own storyline, while Philip is still out for vengeance.

Samantha VI:

[Try to fight your way out]

This choice would have lead to a slightly more action-packed finale for Samantha, as she would have attacked the guards, together with her group. During the fight, Leonard would have been wounded, but Jaylon would have ended up saving his live, therefore proving himself to be one of the good guys for sure. This would have given Leonard a slightly better opinion on Jaylon.

Kersea II:

[Wait a little longer]

This option would have been another bad option. Alexander and Lawsen would have both died, Ilish would have been grievously wounded and Wolfius would have almost escaped, but in the end, Kersea would have still managed to capture him. Clayton would be pleased and convinced that Ilish is as good as dead, he would have left her. However, this would have been not only a bad choice, but also one that would have further compromised Kersea's morals, therefore turning her into a much darker character and one step closer to become nothing more than Clayton's weapon.

John III:

[Leave the letter]

This choice will have consequences in John's next chapter. If this option would have won, John wouldn't be in danger of getting into a fight with Daghan, but he also wouldn't have learned more about him and about the Targaryen plans in Raylansfair.

Garthon III:

[Try to shoot Harlan Hoare]

This option would have been the one that would have resulted in Harren's death. Garthon would have shot and killed Harlan Hoare, which would have allowed George to immediately attack Harren. Anturion would have tried to kill George, but Torvin would have prevented him from doing so. In the end, George would have killed Harren, only to be killed by Kyra only seconds later. Anturion would have been wounded, but alive after his fight against Torvin, while both Breaker Brothers would have been taken to the prison. Harmund would have taken control over the kingdom, but would have faced opposition from Damon Greyjoy and from the Riverlords.

[Try to shoot Edward Anturion]

This option would have caused George to live slightly longer. Anturion would have been shot, but Garthon would have failed to kill him. His wound would have played a role in later chapters though. Ultimately, George wouldn't have managed to defeat Harlan in time to kill Harren and he would have been killed by Kyra.

[Turn against Torvin and force him to give up]

Garthon would have tackled Torvin to the ground and would have prevented him from attacking Harren. George, in a moment of surprise, would have been killed by Harlan and Torvin would have been taken away as a prisoner, while Garthon would have been richly rewarded by Harren. He would have been given the rank of a Captain of the Iron Fleet, would have been given his own ship, a battle-hardened crew and he would have become some sort of a friend towards Harren. However, he would have felt horrible, ashamed and disgusted at himself. The brotherly relationship between Torvin and Garthon would have been destroyed as well, beyond repair to be precise.

[Turn against George and force him to give up]

This would have been the only option that would have allowed George to survive the assassination. He and Torvin would have been taken prisoner and Harren would have rewarded Garthon as seen above. Torvin and George would both utterly hate Garthon from now on and would never forgive him.

[Give up and do nothing]

This would have been a relatively safe option that would have ended in potentially the most happy ending for Garthon. George would have been killed by Anturion, Torvin would have been overpowered, but Garthon would have been spared. Harren would have appreciated Garthon not attacking him or his allies and would have seen it as a sign of loyalty. In that case, he wouldn't have given Garthon a reward though. Torvin would be angry at Garthon, but he wouldn't hate him. Instead, he would see him as a coward, but their relationship wouldn't be broken beyond repair.

Arthur III:

[Accept his offer – Let him go]

Yeah... I think you all know that this would have been a seriously bad choice. I can't tell you everything that would have happened, but here are some of the entirely negative consequences: Arthur and Aditha wouldn't have been safe at all. Aditha would have been furious at her brother. In the one-week timeskip between Chapter 5 and Chapter 6, Wolfius would have killed two girls and Aditha would openly blame Arthur for this. Arthur would blame himself for this as well. Ultimately, Hackor would learn about it and he would even kick Arthur out of the city guard without a second thought. The information Arthur would have gathered would have turned out to be complete rubbish. I mean, what can the city guard do with the assassin's real names, for example? I would have had to rewrite Arthur's entire storyline and there is the chance that this rewrite would have been for the worse. Wolfius would appear a bit less in the next chapter, but he would get another character kill. You know, he is wounded. Because of this, he and Kreep would have gone to Mathea's house, where Lyria, Rosalie and Urid currently rest. Wolfius would have threatened Mathea and especially her patients, forcing her into treating his wound. Mathea would have been stubborn enough to tell Wolfius that she will not help him if he harms her patients. Wolfius in turn would have ordered Kreep to kill Urid, to prove to Mathea that she can not control him and that she is in no position to make demands from him, further threating Lyria and Rosalie if she does not help him. Ultimately, Mathea would have healed his wound, which would have resulted in Wolfius being in top form again by the time Chapter 7 would start.

And here you have the alternative choices! Jesus, that was longer than I thought it would be. All in all, you did good in this chapter. A lot of choices could have ended far worse if certain options would have been taken and aside from the choice that got Dairon killed, you never truly fucked up, even if there were many possibilities in this chapter. Well done!

I will start writing the next chapter tomorrow and I think it should start on Monday :D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.