Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• edited December 2015

Don't know if it was said before but you can grab the walkie-talkie before listening to the answering machine in S01E01 so when you're done with it and Clem calls, the story progresses automatically since you have the walkie with you.

Idk if I'm special or it's a thing you can do, you can glitch out the story in the same episode by doing things in wrong order, like if you turn the TVs on the street first and then go talk with Clem about how her finger feels in the main pharmacy room (instead of talking about that in the office) and when you finish the convo, game randomly tells you to go talk to Carley, skipping completely the part where Glenn is calling. Whatcha got on that Telltale?!

• In the Michonne trailer there is actually a 4th bandit who is a woman.enter image description here

Taken from this video
    enter link description here

• I caught that. Should be interesting.

AGentlman posted: »

In the Michonne trailer there is actually a 4th bandit who is a woman. Taken from this video enter link description here

• Haha! I really like the easter egg that this dude found out. The drawing looks an awful lot like clem's cat drawing from 'Starved for Help' S1E2. Anyways, this dude did some good speculations on the trailer. And the bandits should be interesting :) Can't wait!

In the Michonne trailer there is actually a 4th bandit who is a woman. Taken from this video enter link description here

• Yet they did that with Sentinel surviving or not in GoT.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think I heard that it might have had something to do with it not making sense that Mark dies one way and not the other.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2015

She's also using a different gun, and from the looks of it, it's a completely new gun at that. I can't find any rifle in game that looks like that one. The closest is the M14, but the barrel's not the same.

• Pause video at 9:43-9:46 ish. You get a better view. Looks like some sorta sniper, which is weird.

Deltino posted: »

She's also using a different gun, and from the looks of it, it's a completely new gun at that. I can't find any rifle in game that looks like that one. The closest is the M14, but the barrel's not the same.

• This has been what I've been saying about Season 2. It felt like they had more story than they had episode. Instead of the problem of dragging a story out to meet a time requirement, TellTale had a lot to cram in a small space. Season 2 felt like it would have done well with a 7 episode arc. TellTale did really well with setting up the characters and story to the point that it made you want to explore it more. Unfortunately, the story had to reach the end. With Season 3 stated to be bigger, I think we may be looking at TellTale's longest season in terms of episode quantity (assuming Season 2 plays an integral part of it).

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I think Season 2 tried to do too much with the season that it was. I was re-watching some of the first episode again recently with the segme

• If you stay silent when Reggie asks your name, Rebecca will assume you don't trust him and will reassure you that he's a friend. Sarita will then go on to say that Clementine's had a "rough few days".

edited December 2015

There's actually more to that as well.

If you asked Sarah if she trusts Reggie, and then stay silent when he asks your name, Sarah will tell Reggie that Clementine doesn't trust him. Clementine's reaction to that is also pretty great.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

If you stay silent when Reggie asks your name, Rebecca will assume you don't trust him and will reassure you that he's a friend. Sarita will then go on to say that Clementine's had a "rough few days".

• Well they had a way bigger team when making GoT, and we waited for ep6 for over 90 days I think? When TWGS1 ep came out, they had a small team, and time constraint mostly due to people complaining they had to wait for episodes. #2012Member

• I believe someone had said this here before, but thanks! One detail that was said but sent chills down my spine was in All That Remains. Back in the cabin you see Nick with a lantern and a rifle. Why would he need a lantern when the house is lit up? Well if Carlos had told him Clementine was indeed bitten by a lurker, Nick would then march her outside and shoot her. I believe this was said by Lilacsbloom...

There's actually more to that as well. If you asked Sarah if she trusts Reggie, and then stay silent when he asks your name, Sarah will tell Reggie that Clementine doesn't trust him. Clementine's reaction to that is also pretty great.

• Yes it was enter image description here

That's why Nick marches off in a huff and then later comes back to apologize. He'd lost his mom to a bite victim [mentioned also to be female] and didn't want to make the same mistake again by being soft, especially to a kid. Nick was just scared somebody else would die, they all were.

But I guess a random one to talk about would be that vine Telltale they showed before Season 2 Episode 1 came out. It featured Luke and Rebecca arguing in the living room of the cabin, but that never shows up in the game, only Rebecca and Alvin are seen arguing. Either it was a cut sequence that you might've been able to see from another window outside the cabin, or when hiding inside the cabin itself when they stepped out from the kitchen, or it's even possible the sequence was swapped for the Rebecca Alvin one instead. But I'm going to guess the first one in that it was cut.

And then there was the other vine of Clementine pulling out the photograph of Lee that was animated differently than to how it was in the game and you could hear a fire crackling. I wish I could find them again :( they were really interesting.

I believe someone had said this here before, but thanks! One detail that was said but sent chills down my spine was in All That Remains. Bac

• I can't remember who but I remember someone said that. They also mentioned that if you pinky promised to be Sarah's friend, that when Clem is eating, Sarah's book called the Gurgles will be next to her.

I believe someone had said this here before, but thanks! One detail that was said but sent chills down my spine was in All That Remains. Bac

• They're still on Telltale's twitter, actually. You just have to go really, really far back to find them

Yes it was That's why Nick marches off in a huff and then later comes back to apologize. He'd lost his mom to a bite victim [mentioned a

• edited December 2015

I think it should have had at least 6 episodes. That or 204 takes place in Howes and they don't leave in 203. Also, Rebecca has the baby and dies in episode 3. They leave in 204, near the middle or end. 205 would feature Carver chasing after them, and a possible meet up with 400 days guys who want to help you against Carver. ( only if you convince them too in 203.. That's something I think should have happened). The end of episode 5 would be the aftermath of Clem group vs Carver, with Luke/Kenny fight. The breaking point being that somehow Kenny gets Nick killed and or insults him after his death and mentions it to Luke when they argue or something. ( that or Bonnie, because I'm pretty sure there was Luke X Bonnie in the game.. It was hinted at but they never used it.. Wonder why...) If there was a 206 it would be the group traveling through the city that had the church, Luke/Kenny fight would appear here instead of 205 and the remaining group would head to wellington( something like 400 days guys, Luke/Kenny Mike/Ralph) oh, and Lake scene would play in 204 however Luke doesn't die, the person who saves him does. That being Bonnie or Nick, haven't really decided yet.
    I'd explain my "idea" of season 2 more but not enough time atm. I don't even know why I decided to write this out, in not even sure if this relates to what you said anymore XD. I'm kinda obsessed with tweaking season 2 to what I thought it should be... As you can probably tell.

I think Season 2 tried to do too much with the season that it was. I was re-watching some of the first episode again recently with the segme

• I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense, Sentinel should've died (or lived) no matter what. Or his survival should depend on a different choice. But eh, this is not GoT forum, so I'll just drop it.

Well they had a way bigger team when making GoT, and we waited for ep6 for over 90 days I think? When TWGS1 ep came out, they had a small team, and time constraint mostly due to people complaining they had to wait for episodes. #2012Member

• I see what you mean. I would agree on changing the choice at least too.

Pipas posted: »

I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense, Sentinel should've died (or lived) no matter what. Or his survival should depend on a different choice. But eh, this is not GoT forum, so I'll just drop it.

• edited January 2016

I dont know if anyone noticed but the episode slides for season 2, have all gone through some changes.

1. The slide for All That Remains used to have this track play: But after A House Divided was released it sounds like this:
    2. A House Divided used to have this track play, it had a much more serious tone to it than the current one: After the episode's release, it now has this track:
    3. In Harm's Way used to have a dark, bathroom tile background, with transparent cell bars. It's later changed to the yard where Carver kept the group. The track that most players have is a creepy, screeching, buzzsaw type noise, while PS4 users have this track play for the slide instead:
    4. Amid The Ruins has a total of 4 different slides. This track played before it was released: After the episode was released, the slide changes to the one with Clem facing forward, though I do believe some PC users still have the version with her facing left. This track plays for the episode now: The current track that plays for this slide is a remixed version of Jolene's theme.
    5. No Going Back didn't have ANY changes. But this track was originally going to play for the slide, but it isn't used. Hopefully they'll save this track for a future episode slide, because it didn't fit No Going Back at all:
  • I remember seeing first Bonnie model here, but I can't find it. Does someone have it?

• edited December 2015

While playing through the episodes again, I've noticed a few uncommon moments...

1. In All That Remains, if you choose the "I got lost" option when Luke and Pete find you, Clementine will say she got separated from her friend (Christa). Luke will then mistake Christa for a him, which prompts Clementine to correct Luke and tell him that Christa was a she.

2. When finding food at the camp with Sam, Clementine can ask Sam "Can't you find food like, just like that?".

3. When searching the cabin in All That Remains, your able to go into Pete's room, in there you can click on the drawer. When you click on it, Clementine will open it and find nothing, which prompts her to make the STRANGEST grunt ever.

4. If you refuse to be friends with Sarah, she'll be a lot more colder to you in All That Remains. If you try to open the Sarah's door again after leaving the room, she'll tell you to "go away"

5. When walking with Pete to the river, he'll ask you if you know how to shoot, if you choose the "I don't like guns" option, he'll tell you it's amazing you've lasted this long, he'll then offer you lessons.

6. When walking with Luke towards the bridge in A House Divided, he'll ask you what's the thing everyone wants, if you say the "food" option, your prompted to guess again, one option is "I give up". In which he'll tell you it's family.

7. When you click on the cooler when searching for food with Sam in All That Remains, Clementine will quickly close it shut and start to complain. She'll say something along the lines of "no food on the grill, or cooler...ugh I hate scavengers, they take everything".

• When you click on the cooler when searching for food with Sam in All That Remains, Clementine will quickly close it shut and start to complain. She'll say something along the lines of "no food on the grill, or cooler...ugh I hate scavengers, they take everything".

This one is dependent on checking other stuff in the area first. IIRC, you need to check the boxes in the van, the box with the action figure, and the grill before you check the cooler, or else that line won't play.

While playing through the episodes again, I've noticed a few uncommon moments... * In All That Remains, if you choose the "I got lost"

• Yeah I forgot about that part. Thanks.

When you click on the cooler when searching for food with Sam in All That Remains, Clementine will quickly close it shut and start to compla

• I always wondered what was in that cooler.

When you click on the cooler when searching for food with Sam in All That Remains, Clementine will quickly close it shut and start to compla

• When walking with Luke towards the bridge in A House Divided, he'll ask you what's the thing everyone wants, if you say the "food" option, your prompted to guess again, one option is "I give up". In which he'll tell you it's family.

enter image description here

:D :D

While playing through the episodes again, I've noticed a few uncommon moments... * In All That Remains, if you choose the "I got lost"

• When walking with Luke towards the bridge in A House Divided, he'll ask you what's the thing everyone wants, if you say the "food" option, your prompted to guess again, one option is "I give up". In which he'll tell you it's family.

Actually, you are given a second guess if you choose anything besides FAMILY.

If you choose SAFETY first, Luke will answer, "Close." and give a second guess

• edited December 2015

If you choose to stay silent when Luke asks about your past in the cabin, Clem will still talk about it. Funnier still, she says the exact same dialogue no matter what you pick.

Also I noticed she recounts finding her parents before meeting Lee. "My parents went on vacation and left me with a babysitter, and they never came back. We went to Savannah to find them but they were already dead."(Luke doesn't know about Lee yet).

And then she says "This man found me and took care of me. We met up with other survivors and we all tried to make it, but it didn't work. His name was Lee he taught me how to survive he taught me how to use a gun."as if those events happened in that order, which could've lead Luke to believe Lee met her after Savannah.

When walking with Luke towards the bridge in A House Divided, he'll ask you what's the thing everyone wants, if you say the "food" option, y

• A-IBRAHIM0702A-IBRAHIM0702 Banned
    edited December 2015

Good job, Clem.

If you choose to stay silent when Luke asks about your past in the cabin, Clem will still talk about it. Funnier still, she says the exact s

• Also that place looks like a comic store, maybe Carver's camp?

• I hope Sean Vanaman makes a return to Telltale, his writing is needed.

• In Amid The Ruins, when you get back to Rebecca after saving Luke and Sarah (determinate) Rebecca will start crying after finding out Nick or Sarah or both died. Now if you saved Sarah and Nick died in A House Divided, Rebecca will ask Sarah how she's holding up. After that she'll start moaning in pain, which prompts Luke to ask her if the baby's coming soon, then Rebecca will tell Luke that she'll fill him in and instead of Luke telling Rebecca they should go for a walk, Rebecca will actually recommend the idea of them taking a walk. After that Bonnie asks to talk to you privately. Strangely, Rebecca still stays hunched over with her hands covering her face as if she was crying when Bonnie and Clem are talking...

• edited December 2015

Most of that work was then completely “redone”

This is why we didn't visit the bandits from season 1 in ep4 and meet Eddie/Vince, and this is why in episode 5 we didn't go to Atlanta... or Clementine's house.

enter link description here IGN recently did an interesting and candid interview with Sean Vanaman, lead writer of Firewatch and project

• Yeah, I found that too. When Lee wakes up from the car accident, he said, "Thirsty."

You can drink from a cup of old water in Clem's kitchen.

edited December 2015

She's probably crying because she's incredibly confused as to why someone would decide to let Nick die, but for some reason be bothered enough to save Sarah afterwards

In Amid The Ruins, when you get back to Rebecca after saving Luke and Sarah (determinate) Rebecca will start crying after finding out Nick o

• Funny...

She's probably crying because she's incredibly confused as to why someone would decide to let Nick die, but for some reason be bothered enough to save Sarah afterwards

• enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here

Anyone recall who these characters are? People from Carver's camp?

• Yeah, I remember the first and third vaguely.

• I think the woman's name was Vera. I don't quite remember the names of the men.

• Lowell, Tyler (AKA Omid II) , Vera

• Huh. Saw a RV in there too. #LilyForMini-Series- Ah, just kidding. Wasn't there a "Lily was never heard from again" thing? Ehh, either way, they like the RV model.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.