Noticed the "same" lady that keeps popping up?

edited March 2016 in Back to the Future

So I decided to give this beloved game another play through after shelving it for a couple of years,
and this time I noticed something that I missed on the previous plays:

The same lady (or at least someone who looks identical) pops up at least once (sometimes more) in each episode and in different times (1931, 1986 etc), usually in a cut-scene walking by while having a quick look at what's going on then moving along. Just wondering who else noticed this and if there was any kind of story to this or if it was just one of those "just for fun" sort of things?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2016

Is she really identical (ie: the same hair, makeup)? If she just looks the same with slightly different hair and makeup, it's probably just re-used models.

If she is identical though, then it's probably just a joke (possibly a comment on how films will sometimes reuse the same extras in different scenes).

• Yeah, I think it's intentional. It usually seems to happen at that beginning of a major scene-change (such as travelling to a different time). It was a few weeks ago that I finished playing it and posted that comment, but from what I can recall: she first appears when you/marty arrives at Edna's apartment in 1986, then again in 1931 (or whenever it was). She pops up again I think in Kid Tannen's speak easy in the 2nd episode, then in ep 3 in 1986 at alternate FCB Hill Valley. I can't remember where in ep4, but in ep5 it's at the Hill Valley expo. It's only during cut scenes and she's never there in "free" mode (well, since there seems to be way more people around until the game changes to "free-roam" that's probably a given). The reason I think this is intentional (and possibly some kind of easter egg perhaps) is that she's quite prominent in the scenes (once you're paying attention) and always looks identical apart from clothing.

Jennifer posted: »

Is she really identical (ie: the same hair, makeup)? If she just looks the same with slightly different hair and makeup, it's probably just

• That short haired woman is also a time traveller obviously. She is everywhere! :D

Sign in to comment in this discussion.