The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I was watching the trailer for the new Roots miniseries and some of the comments infuriated me. Now, I know I shouldn't get angry over Youtube comments, but it makes me angry and disappointed at people for commenting such awful things. One of the comments stated that it was just a "white guilt movie". I can't understand why people think this. Historical movies and miniseries give us a visual persepective about people in the past. There are quite a few movies and miniseries about the World Wars, Middle Ages, the Roman Empire, etc. A lot of people does not seem to have a problem with it. However, when it comes to things like slavery, the Holocast, the Civil Rights movement and etc., it's a big issue. I know some of you guys are just thinking," Who cares? It's just Youtube comments." But it's the fact that some people are thinking like this. They say that we are trying to bring things from the past and that it's only in the past and it should stay that way. What's wrong with me and other people trying to learn about their ancestors? It has nothing to do with "white guilt". I don't just look at how blacks and people of color were treated. I look at how they acted when they were sad, happy, angry. I also look at how different cultures came together and became one. I'm sorry for ranting, but I just had to clear that from my mind.

• What in the lord's name is a "Chipotle"?

Desperately looks through conversation starter cards Ah ha, I am eating Chipotle and listening to AC/DC. How was your day?

• A type of Mexican restaurant I believe

papai46 posted: »

What in the lord's name is a "Chipotle"?

• A chipotle is a type of chile pepper.

enter image description here

However, what the poster is talking about is the chain restaurant, which is named after the chile pepper.

enter image description here

They used to be a darling of Wall Street, but they got in a lot of trouble for not cooking their food safely, and they're having financial problems now as a result.

What in the lord's name is a "Chipotle"?

• Yes, as in '2 girls 1 cup' bad.

Was it really that bad?

• And then you're internet will crash halfway through the download.

Now that my internet is back up, I can finally download Far Harbour! ........and play it after school.

• No. All we can do is bury it with other messages.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Is there a way for it to be deleted from my feed?

• I actually like 2G1C.

Yes, as in '2 girls 1 cup' bad.

• The shit I was PMed was worse.

• What the actual fuck?

I actually like 2G1C.

• but they got in a lot of trouble for not cooking their food safely

Hey, I appreciate some E. coli in every meal...

WarpSpeed posted: »

A chipotle is a type of chile pepper. However, what the poster is talking about is the chain restaurant, which is named after the chi

• Now that my internet is back up, I can finally download Far Harbour!

I can finally download Far Harbour!

Far Harbour!

Harbour

Grr.....

In all seriousness, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Now that my internet is back up, I can finally download Far Harbour! ........and play it after school.

• Just kidding.

What the actual fuck?

• Fah Habbah! As the bostonians would say.

Now that my internet is back up, I can finally download Far Harbour! I can finally download Far Harbour! Far Harbour! Harbour Grr..... In all seriousness, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Or as Preston Garvey would say:

"Another settlement needs our help."

Fah Habbah! As the bostonians would say.

• edited June 2016

It' my birthday, yay me!

Update: Too many people to reply to individually, thank you guys :D

• I've not seen or even heard of "roots" but seriously ignore youtube comments those guys are just trying to piss people off literally.

I was watching the trailer for the new Roots miniseries and some of the comments infuriated me. Now, I know I shouldn't get angry over Youtu

• Happy birthday

It' my birthday, yay me! Update: Too many people to reply to individually, thank you guys

• Thank you ♡♥♡

TheFurryOne posted: »

Happy birthday

• Happy Birthday! :)

It' my birthday, yay me! Update: Too many people to reply to individually, thank you guys

• Cheers blind ♡ your a good guy

Happy Birthday!

• I liked the first season. Haven't seen the second yet because I accidentally deleted the first half of it. So now I wait for Netflix. Surprised I liked it because I am a big Batman comics fan and that show has taken A LOT of liberties. The only thing that really bugs me is the renaming of Pamela Isley(I guess that name wasn't too on-the-nose-obvious enough).

Clord posted: »

Been watching Gotham show. If the first season is something to go by, that wannabee Joker in the second season is probably excellent. Also in other news, that show is surprisingly good even though Bruce Wayne is way too young to be the Batman yet.

• Don't worry. One day the rest of North America will learn proper English. We still love our neighbours though. ;)

Now that my internet is back up, I can finally download Far Harbour! I can finally download Far Harbour! Far Harbour! Harbour Grr..... In all seriousness, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• edited June 2016

I just binged listened to twenty Taylor Swift songs in succession... I need a boyfriend (ʘ‿ ʘ)✿

• Don't give in to peer pressure!

I just binged listened to twenty Taylor Swift songs in succession... I need a boyfriend (ʘ‿ ʘ)✿

• edited June 2016

What, don't you speak the Queen's English?

• Thankfully, it did not. Yay!

And then you're internet will crash halfway through the download.

• Happy Birthday.

• Boyfriends are overrated. Get a cat instead.

• Happy birthday love!

• Really? People are saying that? The only good argument against that series is "It's just a remake think of something original"! People will say anything these days to be noticed, I tell ya!

I was watching the trailer for the new Roots miniseries and some of the comments infuriated me. Now, I know I shouldn't get angry over Youtu

• A munchkin, preferably.

Boyfriends are overrated. Get a cat instead.

• I'm a bit jealous of Americans.

The lowest form of frozen meal is the Hot Pocket. Unfortunately, Canada has Pizza Pops. If you're curious, rip off a piece of your Hot Pocket box, add dollar store spaghetti sauce, and eat. I don't know how people eat those things. Either of them, really.

• Ladies and gentlemen, let's all take a second to remember that nearly 25 years ago, Ogilvie "Sonic" Maurice the Hedgehog decided to change his name to Sonic and go from walking to going fast. #GottaGoMakeMoreTerribleGames

• Relationships and love are stupid, take your Taylor Swift music, buy a Laptop and a PS2, bam, 12x better than any relationship ever, AND you get to play Jak & Daxter.

• Happy birthday dude!

• Stupid people like that are everywhere, it's terrible really. That's why I don't go into YouTube comments sections anymore, a lot of them really bum me out.

• Seriously! What the fuck did I miss on here? Shit sounds insane!

• Hello, guys. You probabky saw me on this forum before. My name is Sonya. I've been on this forum for about two years already. Sadly, most of the old pals are leaving this place, while there are many new unfamiliar faces. TBH, I'm the person that doesn't have any real friends and here, on this firum, I feel especially lonely now, cause my last friend got banned.

So if you also need a buddy to talk, write me - and I'll gladly have a chat with you :)

• From my experience the best way to make friends is to just post, be active in discussions, people will see you as a familiar face.

Hello, guys. You probabky saw me on this forum before. My name is Sonya. I've been on this forum for about two years already. Sadly, most of

Sign in to comment in this discussion.