Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• enter image description here

Happy birthday Liquid!

• Happy Birthday Liquid!!!

• Happy Birthday Liquid! Hope it was enjoyable as we all hoped!

• [Ask Aren about himself]

[Leave Hal with the others]

Arthur With a sigh, Arthur took the box from Aldus' hand. The young man immediately stopped shivering and he gave Arthur a thankful smile

• (Ask Aren about helenys intentions)

(Allow hal to come with you)

Arthur With a sigh, Arthur took the box from Aldus' hand. The young man immediately stopped shivering and he gave Arthur a thankful smile

• Can not vote at the moment because I have not caught up yet but Happy Birthday Liquid. Hope you had fun and will continue to deliver us an amazing story!

• Happy birthday Liquid!

• The Voting is closed!

Arthur is going to ask Aren about himself

Richard is going to leave Hal with the others

I think I would have chosen similarly here. The first choice gives me more opportunity to develop Aren, while Helenys' intentions obviously will be revealed sooner or later either way. It is unlikely that you would have learned much about her from Aren either way. The second choice meanwhile is basically following Vaasrand's orders. Obviously, Vaasrand is the one prepared the most for this hunt and the one with the most experience, so following his orders is probably not a bad thing. That said, even Vaasrand can be wrong at times. I'm looking forward to write both, Arthur's and Richard's next parts, they should hopefully be quite exciting to read.

The next part is hopefully going to be out today. I can't promise it though, as I have only started writing today, after celebrating my birthday on Friday and partially on Saturday. Speaking of, thank you very much for the congratulations! I surely had a lovely day. Now, I'm still slightly hung over, but I would really like to finish the part today, so I'll try my best. This part is going to feature PoV's from Marak and Ellena. Both weren't seen in a while, as their latest parts were set at the beginning of this chapter, but both are still going to have a long storyline left. In fact, I see their storyline, together with Raenna's, as the main storyline of the chapter, the one where the biggest developments are going to happen. In his latest part, Marak had a flashback about one of his more heinous crimes, the murder of his brother and father, for which he shows little to no remorse. In the present, he and Noelle were sitting at a campfire, where the priestess suddenly revealed some sort of self doubt. She offered to share a bottle of alcohol with Marak, who naturally accepted. Meanwhile, Ellena was lying near them, her hands and feet tied with rope. The one who was looking after her at the moment was Archmaester Wulvren. During their talk, Ellena soon realized that Wulvren wasn't agreeing with Noelle's plans at all. She decided to ask him to free her.

• I'm still slightly hung over

enter image description here

That aside, I do like it when multiple POV's are in the same area and witness things differently, so this should be neat.

The Voting is closed! Arthur is going to ask Aren about himself Richard is going to leave Hal with the others I think I would have

• edited June 2016

Ellena

“Perhaps you could...”, Ellena mumbled an paused. This was it. Maybe her best chance to escape, at worst even her only one. She couldn't screw this up, she wouldn't screw this up! She had to get out of here and then back to Oldtown, had to find Talea and Terroma. She had to get away from the priestess and her brute. “Perhaps you could free me instead”, she said in a low voice.

Archmaester Wulvren sighed and a lot of strictness on his face faded away. While he did not look any kinder, he looked at least a dozen years older. “You know I can't do that”, he answered softly. Ellena clenched her fists and gulped. “But I know you don't want any of this”, she urged him. “So stop it, prove that you're better than them. You say you want to see her magic, but is it worth any cost?”

Now, Wulvren hesitated. “The old Mustrum, who was the Archmaester of Magic when I was a mere acolyte, he used to say similar things”, he admitted, before his strict expression returned. “Then again, he also preferred hunting over his studies. He even used a crossbow. Noelle meanwhile, when I first met her, twenty years ago, she taught me something else entirely. Told me that there's no price too much for true power”

This last sentence caught Ellena's attention. “Twenty years?”, she asked. “She must have been a child back then” Wulvren shook his head. “Oh no, trust me, she was far from a child”, he answered ominously, before he sighed again. “I can't help you, girl. If I do, then there's no saying what she's going to do”

Now, Ellena narrowed her eyes. “So, you're letting me die because you're too afraid to help?”, she asked and Wulvren raised an eyebrow. “What have you said?”, he asked in return, though she remained adamant. “You heard me”, she stated. “Are you truly such a coward? The Archmaester of Magic?”

Wulvren clenched his teeth. “No”, he admitted and moved a hand to his belt, where a small knife was dangling. “No, and I am not going to let them burn you” He sent a glare to the priestess and the red-haired man, who were drinking something. “I am afraid, but not for myself. I was hoping I could convince Noelle, could make her see reason. If I would free you now, I'd loose any chance to save her. But truth be told, I should have known better. Naivety is not befitting of an Archmaester. There's no arguing with fanatics and her kind is the worst”

Carefully, his hand, holding the knife, moved to the bindings around her hands and in a single movement, he cut them. He then proceeded to do the same with the bindings around her feet, leaving her free to move. Ellena sent a thankful look towards the Archmaester. “You... you have my gratitude”, she said softly, as she glanced towards her two captors. Neither of them were looking at her, they were too busy with their own talk.

“Oh, you know...”, Wulvren said with a thin smile. “My father always told me I was an idealist. A dreamer, for believing in magic, in spite of it being long gone” He firmly grabbed his small knife and to Ellena's surprise, he gave her a cocky wink. “Perhaps we should start bringing back some small magic today. Let's start with compassion. Bravery. Someone doing the right fucking thing for once” He looked back towards Noelle. “And now run. I'll hold them off for as long as I can”

Speechless, Ellena only managed to give him a nod, followed by a genuine smile full of gratitude. Then, she jumped up and started to run towards the forest behind her. She just reached the underbrush when she heard the red-haired man yelling something and his words stirred her fear, caused her to run faster, to stress her body to its limit.

She did not look back, not even when she heard the red-haired man's screams of anger, directed at Wulvren. In the otherwise silent night, she heard the Archmaester gurgling. If she wouldn't have been running for her live, she would have cried for him. Now, not a single tear left her eyes. She would mourn him later. Now, she had to save the energy.

The next minutes flew by in a rush. Ellena focussed on nothing more than running. In her mind, she heard Terroma, speaking gently to her, comforting her. It failed to block out her loudly beating heart, her gasps for breath and it also failed to block out the roaring screams behind her. The red-haired man... no, charging after her, he barely was a man in Ellena's eyes. He was many things, a murderer, a butcher, a beast, but no man. Of him she was terrified, more than she ever was of Harrington or of the soft-spoken man who took her father.

It took her a moment to realize that she had left the small forest behind. Despite her fear and the adrenaline that kicked in, Ellena realized just how lucky she had been, running through a forest at night without stumbling over some roots or bushes. She did not stop to thank the gods though, as she could still hear the red-haired man in the forest. From the sounds he made, he was way behind her and while running, she shivered, thinking of what could have taken him so long. “I'LL GET YOU, GIRL!”, she heard him screaming like a raving beast. “I'LL GET YOU, YOU HEAR ME?”

Yes, she heard him, constantly coming closer. She had an advantage, she was faster, but she knew she couldn't run away forever, for the short chase already caused her to gasp for air. And she knew, the field she was running over was no place to hide, neither was the road at the end of it. However, she also spotted a house in the distance. It was a small farm house, shabby and rundown, but she saw candles burning in the windows, their dim lights like bright, wonderful suns to her. Someone was living there. It was a spot of hope, perhaps a chance.

Without slowing down, even though her lungs were burning in her body, Ellena rushed across the field and across the road, not stopping until she had reached the door. She had to be in the house before the red-haired man left the forest, or otherwise he would see her. There was no way anyone in this house could stop him from taking her, so she had to hide and had to hope on the inhabitants good will.

Ellena did not bother with knocking. She almost bumped into the door, barely slowing down as she reached for the doorknob, pushing it open and almost falling into the room behind. Stumbling, she turned around and slammed the door shut. Immediately afterwards, she slowly sank to the ground, gasping for air. And then, she finally saw her surroundings.

The room she had entered was probably the largest in the house and it was tiny. Windows to her left and right and one in front of her allowed moonlight to fall into the room and one candle was standing in each window, but it was still dimly lit. The furniture was barely existing. A crudely built shelf was standing at the other side of the room. Next to her stood a small table, barely large enough for one or maybe two people. There was a single chair and on it sat a man.

“What the fuck are you doing?”, he growled in a low, but controlled tone. He was old, probably even older than Wulvren. His skin was tanned like a farmer's, his eyes were sullen, coloured dull grey and seated deep in his head, with visible bags underneath. The face itself was wrinkly, the hair thin and brittle, coloured in a mixture of grey and dirty blonde. He had a short, dirty beard and brown teeth. Sitting on the chair, he had a bowel of something in front of him and apparently, he was just about to eat.

Ellena jumped up. Under other circumstances, she might have been wary around this man, but he couldn't possibly be worse than what was lurking outside. “I'm chased by a man”, she quickly told him. “He wants to kill me, he is dangerous” Now, she noticed that warm tears streamed down her face. “Please, you have to help me, don't send me away!”

The man looked towards the window and a frown appeared on his face, putting emphasis on his wrinkles. “Helping you?”, he growled, his speech sounding slightly slurred, even though the distrustful look in his eyes clued her in that he was not drunken. He rose from his chair and Ellena saw that he was at her height, though slightly hunched, with sloppy shoulders. Aside from that, he was lanky, barely more than skin and bones. Without hesitating, he rushed to the window and glanced outside. “Red hair, a fucking battleaxe”, he mumbled and Ellena wasn't sure if he was speaking to her or to himself. “Yes”, she confirmed, to say something.

“He's coming”, the man muttered and glared at Ellena, before he sighed. “Come on, this way” He grabbed her by the shoulder and with strength she hadn't expected, he dragged her through the small room, into another, even smaller one.

This room was furnished slightly better, though it was even darker, as only a small window gave way for the moonlight. Ellena saw a large wardrobe that once surely looked magnificent, before it started to rot. She also saw a small bed and in it, she saw a girl, roughly at her age, with a thin face and brown hair, her eyes closed and her skin pale and sweaty.

“My daughter”, the man growled. “She is very ill, do not wake her” He looked out of the window again. “Fuck, he's coming. I gotta keep him preoccupied, you try to hide” He turned back into the main room, though Ellena grabbed his arm. Immediately, he tensed up and as he spun around, he even looked angry for a moment.

“Ser, I just wanted to thank you”, Ellena said. “My name is Ellena Terys, I...” He cut her off. “Otis Shiff”, he introduced himself shortly, before he turned around, closing the door behind him and leaving Ellena alone in the room with his unconscious daughter. Quickly, she looked out of the window and she saw that the red-haired man was rushing across the field right now. He would have reached the house in a matter of seconds, so she had to be quick. First, her stare fell upon the wardrobe. It was large enough for her, though mouldy and slightly stinking. The bed was in a better condition and she could certainly hide underneath it, though she wasn't sure if it would be a better choice than the wardrobe. She was only sure that she had to decide, quickly.

[Hide under the bed] [Hide inside the wardrobe]

Marak

After a moment of hesitating, Marak shrugged, as he grabbed the bottle from Noelle's hand. Maybe he did not entirely trust her intentions, but a bottle of booze was a bottle of booze. So far, Marak never did anything wrong with that approach. Or, almost never at least. He put the bottle to his lips and took a deep gulp from it. It was common booze, nothing special, but the distinct taste of muddy rainwater brought back fond memories. A smile appeared on his face as the alcohol warmed his body, more than the fire ever could.

“So, you mentioned you're doubting your cause?”, Marak asked. He wasn't particularly interested in a conversation with Noelle, but if it helped in passing the time, he was all up for it. Besides, he knew where conversations like this would eventually lead to. He grinned, knowing fully well that no woman could escape his charisma, no matter how insane she was.

Noelle shook her head and for a moment, Marak was afraid that she had read his thoughts again. “I wouldn't call it doubting”, she corrected him, softer than usual. She grabbed the bottle from him and took a surprisingly deep gulp from it, without grimacing from the strong taste. “It's just... the Lord showed me two futures, the one with the girl and the one without. Without the girl, we have a chance to prevent the death of a hundred thousand, but...” She paused, visibly hesitating before she answered. “How can I truly be sure that it will be the better option?”

Before Marak answered, he snatched the bottle from her hand. “I don't know if you see things differently, but one dead girl sounds a lot better to me than a hundred thousand”, he remarked and Noelle gave him a nod. “That's what I thought as well so far”, she answered. “Though, now that this moment comes closer, how can I be sure that it will lead to a better future? Perhaps one of the people I save, or perhaps one of his descendants, will start a war even worse than the one I seek to prevent?”

Marak looked from her to the bottle, sighed and took another deep gulp. “Yeah... I don't think I can follow your thoughts”, he mumbled. Noelle rolled her eyes, before she grabbed the bottle again. “I mean, I believe the lord shows me this future for a reason, but perhaps it is not the reason I think. Perhaps he just wants to test me”, she explained, before drinking from the bottle once more.

Nervously, Marak noticed how quickly the booze depleted. Apparently, Noelle expected an answer before she even thought about giving him another turn with the bottle, so he tried his best to think of something smart. At least that wasn't too hard for him. “Well... you say it is a test...”, he started and paused, thinking of how to end this sentence. “Well then, how does your rollmop in general feel about burning little girls alive? Is there some kind of commandment against it?”

Before Noelle could answer, Marak quickly grabbed the bottle from her hands again. “No”, she admitted. “I am bound to bring strength to the faith of the Red God, to follow R'hllor's wishes. However, there have been past incidents of priests misinterpreting his wishes”

And to Marak's surprise, he finally understood what she was trying to say. At least he thought he understood. With Noelle, he could never be sure of course. “You're afraid”, he deduced and noticed how she raised her eyebrows in surprise. “I am not afraid”, she protested. “I feel no fear, for the Lord of Light is with me”

Marak chuckled. “Bah, spare me the bullshit”, he said, with the boldness of a drunken man. “You're human, Noelle. I don't know much about the world, but I know that every human I ever met felt fear at one point. Now it's your turn. You're about to do something big, something that will change the world for the better or the worse. You thought you had it all figured out, but now you start to get doubts. You're afraid you'll choose wrong”

Noelle's look of surprised turned into something genuinely baffled. “I... Marak, I never expected such a deep thought from you”, she stuttered and Marak gave her his most irresistible grin. “Blame it on the booze, priestess”, he answered. She gave him a nod. “What matters is... you might be right”, she mumbled softly and for a moment, there was nothing enigmatic about her at all. For a moment, Marak saw not Noelle the Red Priestess, but Noelle the lost and scared woman.

“I have to do the right thing and I am... afraid I could end up as the villain here” She sighed and in her sigh, Marak noticed how much the alcohol affected her as well.. “Do you think I am a bad person, Marak?” Marak gulped, as he thought about the answer. “I believe you are... fucking shit!”

The last words weren't directed at Noelle, but rather at what he just saw. The girl, whatever her name was, she was gone. Marak only managed to get a glimpse of her disappearing between the bushes. And he saw Archmaester Wulvren, kneeling above the girl's recently cut ropes, a small knife in his hands.

Noelle let out a muffled curse, it was in a melodic language Marak never heard before, but her tone made it clear to him what she just said. By then, Marak had already jumped up. He reached for his axe, as he charged towards Wulvren. The old man was shivering, though he did not flinch as he saw the Ironborn rushing towards him.

With this act of defiance, he stirred Marak's anger. He only made it worse when he did not throw away his knife. Instead, the moment Marak got close enough, Wulvren tried to slash at him. He wasn't the first man who tried to kill Marak with a tiny knife and he didn't even manage to hit. In return, Marak's hand found its way to the Archmaester's throat. In the same movement, he lifted the old man up into the air and slammed him heavily against the tree behind him, hard enough to cause Wulvren to drop the knife.

Marak's grip around Wulvren's throat tightened and the archmaester started wheezing and gasping for air. His eyes widened, in fear and pain, but Marak did not let go of him. With narrowed eyes full of rage, he started to choke the life out of him, ignoring the old mans weak punches against his upper arms.

That was, until Noelle stepped between them. She came running towards them, grabbing Marak's arm and softly, but sternly, pushing him away from Wulvren. Only reluctantly did Marak finally let go of him, but when he did, the Archmaester collapsed immediately, putting both hands to his chest, as he rapidly tried to breathe.

“I'll deal with him, Marak”, Noelle said sharply and despite his anger, Marak saw something new in her eyes, some sort of wariness. “Just go, get the girl!” He gave her a nod, but before he could start to chase after the girl, Noelle grabbed his arm, yanking him back. “Bring her alive, Marak!”, she hissed coldly. Instead of answering properly, Marak simply grunted something. Then, he started to run.

The forest itself wasn't very thick, though the darkness did not help him. Thankfully, he was chasing a little girl. A professional would hide now, for in the darkness Marak had little chance to find them. The little bitch just ran and through the trees, she was faintly illuminated by moonlight. She was easy prey, even if she had a considerable headstart and was bloody fast.

Without caring much for his surroundings, Marak charged through the nightly forest. Deep down, he was too angry to care for any roots on the ground, though he hoped he wouldn't trip over one. He himself glanced down while running, avoiding the largest obstacles. The girl meanwhile didn't look around at all, and it was sheer, dumb luck that she managed to remain running, instead of falling to the ground. “I'LL GET YOU, GIRL!”, Marak yelled at the top of his lungs, hoping to intimidate her. “I'LL GET YOU, HEAR ME?”

Instead of making a mistake though, she remained running and she had reached the other side of the small forest long before Marak. He cursed something that was unintelligible even to him, as he fastened his pace. How could one little girl be that fucking fast? Marak glanced down onto his axe with sheer anger. Noelle wanted her alive and despite his current mood, Marak knew he had to calm down when he would finally face her.

Completely out of breath, Marak reached the edge of the forest and finally, he was able to see what lay behind it. It was a large field, near a road. At the other side of the road, a small farm house. The road left and right was empty and Marak grinned. This meant she had been running to the house. What a mistake, what a terrible mistake.

The house itself was obviously inhabited. There was one window on each side of the door and Marak saw tiny candles in each of them as he approached it. They were dim and the rooms behind the windows were dark, but Marak saw someone, a bit taller than the girl perhaps. The owner? Since Marak didn't saw the girl anywhere, he was sure that she had been running into the house, so whomever was in there was probably hiding her.

As he slowed down, Marak started to think of the right course of action. His first instinct was to break down the door, to scare and intimidate the owner into giving up the girl. Though perhaps his first instinct wasn't always right. Perhaps it would be better to just knock politely, to ask if the owner had seen the girl. Marak doubted that anyone would remain brave when facing him, a head taller than most with a huge, double-edged axe and a fiery red mane. Or maybe, and Marak slightly shivered at the thought, he could sneak around the house, to possibly find another entrance, to get into the house while also taking away any kind of possible escape for the girl.

[Break down the door] [Knock on the door] [Sneak around the house and look for another entrance]

• [Hide under the bed] I think it will be better choice, Marak will be preoccupied with little sick girl on the bed.

[Knock on the door] Want to see him this way, knocking politely and asking "for directions" :-D

This parts were pretty cool, especially because of seeing the scene from two different perspectives.

Ellena “Perhaps you could...”, Ellena mumbled an paused. This was it. Maybe her best chance to escape, at worst even her only one. She co

• [Hide under the bed]

[Knock on the door]

Ellena “Perhaps you could...”, Ellena mumbled an paused. This was it. Maybe her best chance to escape, at worst even her only one. She co

• I really like when during a story the author make different perspectives about the same event!

[Hide under the bed] Even if I am sure that,in a way or in another,Marak will discover us if the new character don't decide to be a hero

[Knock on the door] I'm almost tempted to make Marak enter inside the house like a breaking ball however I think it's more enjoyable read Marak try to be a polite man.

Random Thoughts:

• I really like the conversation between Marak and Noelle
    • And with Wulvren,that decide to be Archmaester of Heroes, the count of the people that Ellena left behind has become 2!
    • I like what have you done Liquid making Ellena decide where to hide...it resemble when she played with her father at hide and seek,only that this time if Marak found her I doubt she will be happy!
    • Now that I think about it,maybe was better for Ellena if we had followed Terroma decision to continue the pursuit.

• [Hide inside the wardrobe] We're good, trust me.

[Break down the door] Surprise.

It's kind of interesting here. You really can make the decisions to benefit one character in tandum.

• [Hide inside the wardrobe] I am kinda siding with Marak and Noelle on this one. So far in the books and show, the fire priestess hasn't been too wrong with their visions, but a little wrong with how they interpret them. Briar could very well be the reason war happens, so I think it may be a good idea to re capture Ellena so we can trade for Briar.

[Break down the door] Like above, trying to re capture Ellena.

• (hide under the bed)

(knock on the door)

• I really like the conversation between Marak and Noelle

I'm glad to hear it and I certainly liked writing it. I always try my best to give Noelle some depth despite her character being limited by her fanatical faith and I hope I succeeded with this. She's not quite Melisandre and I hope this showed a slightly different side of hers.

And with Wulvren,that decide to be Archmaester of Heroes, the count of the people that Ellena left behind has become 2!

It's becoming quite the pattern for her. Not that Ellena is to blame in particular, she just has the habit of getting into highly dangerous situations. At least this time, Wulvren stayed behind voluntarily. The Archmaester of Heroes indeed.

I like what have you done Liquid making Ellena decide where to hide...it resemble when she played with her father at hide and seek,only that this time if Marak found her I doubt she will be happy!

Good catch! It's true, this scene was meant to be a twisted reference to Ellena's earlier flashback. Said flashback also showed that she was never good at hide and seek.

Now that I think about it,maybe was better for Ellena if we had followed Terroma decision to continue the pursuit.

Yes, that is probably true. On the other hand, there were good arguments in favour of resting as well. Terroma was pushing himself too far and he was willing to risk making his injuries considerably worse by continuing the pursuit. Also, a well-rested Marak is undoubtedly a terrifying opponent and despite their larger number, Terroma's group would risk high losses by approaching him while they themselves are tired.

I really like when during a story the author make different perspectives about the same event! [Hide under the bed] Even if I am sure tha

• [Hide under the bed] Almost feels like it doesn't matter that much where we try to hide, Marak is going to look every corner.

[Knock on the door] Let's do this calmly.

It was great to see this from both points of view.

• edited June 2016

[Hide under the bed]

[Knock on the door]

• [Hide under the bed]

[Knock on the door]

• [Hide under the bed]If I remember correctly there was a flashback where Ellena's hiding from her father. She hid in the wardrobe and he found her. Not exactly the same thing but I shall keep it in mind.

[Knock on the door] Don't want Marak to lose his temper and kill everyone.

I love this part! I love how scary Marak is from other perspectives. I legitimatly see him as an antagonist now.

• edited June 2016

I love how scary Marak is from other perspectives. I legitimatly see him as an antagonist now.

This is an opinion I fully agree with! Out of all the PoV's, Marak is built up as the most villainous. While he's of course not as bad as the main antagonists, he's still easily a lot more villainous than any of the other PoV's and by now, he can safely be seen as a minor antagonist in Ellena's and Raenna's storylines. After he showed his more affable qualities in earlier chapters, his nasty side finally shines through in the current events. That said, he still has some standards that set him apart from other antagonists, which I hope to put some focus on later in this chapter. And I am glad you saw him as scary in this part, that was intentional. Of course, the PoV character who mostly interacts with him in this chapter is also the youngest and physically weakest, but he can be genuinely scary even towards other PoV's :D

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Hide under the bed]If I remember correctly there was a flashback where Ellena's hiding from her father. She hid in the wardrobe and he foun

• edited June 2016

[Hide under the bed]

[Knock on the door]

• Happy late birthday Liquid! Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I missed the last part in which you stated it was your birthday. I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

[Hide under the bed] I feel like this decision could go either way. I'm not sure if it's the best option available, but then again, there aren't many other options.

[Knock on the door] Marak trying to be polite has never failed to be entertaining.

• edited June 2016

Arrives on thread after several days being absent.

Lord: Let's see here, 87 comment missed, huh? I wonder how many Parts that is...

Slowly looks at comments.

Lord: 5, 6, 7.......good job Liquid. Man, how the heck does he always pull it off? Anyway, might as well see if anyone had a funny comment.

Continues to read. Laughts at one or two. Finds out he missed Liquids birthday.

Lord: ................................................................................. Why the hell do i keep picking the worst story breaks ever?

Well hopefully this still means something. Happy Birthday Liquid. Thank you for giving us so much joy the past 2 years.

• Trust me man, I know! My studies are a killer to my participation here, and it sucks so much. There's only so much the recaps can do :(

Lord_EAA posted: »

Arrives on thread after several days being absent. Lord: Let's see here, 87 comment missed, huh? I wonder how many Parts that is... Sl

• edited June 2016

I feel you man. The recaps are like JUST eating the top frosting layer of a of the most delicious cake.......and missing everything that gave it depth.

Stigz_52 posted: »

Trust me man, I know! My studies are a killer to my participation here, and it sucks so much. There's only so much the recaps can do

• [Hide under the bed]

[Knock on the door]

• [Hide inside the wardrobe]

[Knock on the door]

• And might I add that they are the most boring and annoying things to write when it comes to doing these fan fictions. It also doesn't help when you try to finish reading the recap in one day, it's way too much information to cram in! XD Nonetheless, it still helps give some insight but unfortunately it's not a wiki page :/ (Hint hint)

I feel you man. The recaps are like JUST eating the top frosting layer of a of the most delicious cake.......and missing everything that gave it depth.

• Welcome back, Lord, and thanks for the congratulations! I'm always happy to hear things like that :)

Arrives on thread after several days being absent. Lord: Let's see here, 87 comment missed, huh? I wonder how many Parts that is... Sl

• A hint was taken ;) Considering how long and complex Forum of Thrones became makes me honestly consider creating a FoT wiki, I believe that could help a lot with making the story more accessible for new readers and for those who miss a few parts. Of course, the main use would be to reread details about certain storylines or characters. I have no idea how to do it though and have no idea how potentially complex a professional wiki can be. However, I think I should do such a thing in the very near future. Writing the content for the wiki could take a while though, but I believe it could pay off.

Stigz_52 posted: »

And might I add that they are the most boring and annoying things to write when it comes to doing these fan fictions. It also doesn't help w

• A wiki would be brilliant.

A hint was taken Considering how long and complex Forum of Thrones became makes me honestly consider creating a FoT wiki, I believe that co

• I mean I'm pretty sure you can just make a wiki on wikia pretty easily. I know some coding and stuff, I could help you out if you are so pleased.

A hint was taken Considering how long and complex Forum of Thrones became makes me honestly consider creating a FoT wiki, I believe that co

• The Voting is closed!

Ellena is going to hide under the bed

Marak is going to knock on the door

These two choices are obviously going to affect each other. Ellena's choice will determine wether or not Marak is going to find her, while Marak's choice is going to determine how he is going to act in his talk to Otis and how Otis is going to see him in general. I believe, from a writing standpoint it will be fun to write Marak's attempt at being polite, while he simultaneously is quite angry at the things that just happened. The next part featuring these two will be an Ellena part and it won't be too far away. I realized that I have waited a bit too long between the first and second parts of Ellena and Marak, as many PoV's have roughly half of their storyline written, while these two still have a lot to do before the chapter ends.

The next part is hopefully going to be out today, though tomorrow sounds a bit more likely at the moment. I have almost finished the first PoV of the part, which is a Kersea PoV, but I have room for another PoV as well and currently, I am undecided between Edrick, Samantha and Jenna. Jenna is a bit more likely to me at the moment, so I'll be giving you a recap for her last part. First though, here's a recap for Kersea's part. At the end of the last chapter, after assassinating Septon Corbin, she and Clayton encountered another assassin and his group. This newcomer's name was Rayden, he is another employee of Butterfly and Clayton has a very personal grudge against him, as Rayden was the man who took his eye. Now, the two groups are forced to work together for a mission to steal the Wildfire John found in Chapter 5. However, Clayton immediately started to make plans on how to kill Rayden in return. His approach would be to kill Rayden and his men while they fight the guards that protect the wildfire, to have a distraction. However, Alysanne brought up the idea to attack Rayden after they killed the guards, when they are exhausted. Kersea ultimately decided to support Alysanne's plan. Meanwhile, Jenna started her infiltration of Sherryl's room, while Saerya was standing outside, to warn her whenever someone approached. However, she was encountered by Arthur and Aren in Arthur's latest part, which resulted in her having to leave her position. Inside Sherryl's room meanwhile, Jenna decided to search her desk for any incriminating evidence.

• That would be highly appreciated! I'll have a look at how to create a wiki myself in the next few days, but if I encounter a question, I'm gladly going to ask you for any help.

I mean I'm pretty sure you can just make a wiki on wikia pretty easily. I know some coding and stuff, I could help you out if you are so pleased.

• No problem. Sorry for being late.

Welcome back, Lord, and thanks for the congratulations! I'm always happy to hear things like that

• When I see Edricks name:

"YES!"

Jenna is a bit more likely

"DAMN IT!" XD

The Voting is closed! Ellena is going to hide under the bed Marak is going to knock on the door These two choices are obviously goi

• Since the Frostborns are my characters I get excited for Edrick's parts too.

AgentZ46 posted: »

When I see Edricks name: "YES!" Jenna is a bit more likely "DAMN IT!" XD

• edited June 2016

Kersea

This time, Kersea didn't even had to think for long. She wouldn't support Clayton's plan just to please him. Aside from that, Alysanne's plan sounded better. She had seen Rayden's men. They were hardened killers, the kind Kersea wasn't, at least not yet. A part of her even doubted she could ever become like them. She didn't want to fight them and the city guard at the same time, such a plan could easily backfire. No, fighting them while they were exhausted sounded like a far better idea to her.

“I believe Alysanne's plan is the better one”, she proclaimed, noticing how her friend's face lit up. “See, Clayton?”, she said with a cocky grin. “I knew Kersea would support me” Clayton did not smile. His one eye coldly glared at her. “So, that's where we're standing now?”, he asked calmly. “You're rather supporting Alysanne's insane plan than to take my side for once?”

Now, Alysanne's grin faded. “Way to ruin the mood, Clay”, she complained and Clayton shook his head in frustration. “That's not a game, you mad cunt”, he growled and Kersea wasn't sure if he directed the insult at herself or at Alysanne. Neither seemed particularly bothered by it.

Now, he glared at Kersea without a doubt. “You think my plan is reckless? You don't even know this bastard Rayden!”, he snarled. Kersea reciprocated his cold glare and it was Alysanne who answered. A sweet smile formed on her face. “Then we're following your plan?”, she asked. “I'd hate that. I mean, I'm not going to die. Puppy is not going to die either, not as long as I'm still breathing. But your plan will be a tough fight. It's possible that one of us won't make it out there if we follow your plan”

Clayton shifted his attention back to Alysanne. “No”, he finally admitted. “No, you've won. We follow your plan” Before Alysanne's grin could show smug satisfaction, Clayton had grabbed her wounded upper arm, rather violently and she shivered, her eyes widened for a moment, though she remained silent. “But if you die, don't expect me to mourn you”, he said tonelessly.

“I don't expect anyone to mourn me”, Alysanne answered, equally cold, though the words came forced and barely controlled. “Are we done here, or is there anything else you want to talk about?” Clayton shook his head, wordlessly, though his frustration was clear to see. He let go of Alysanne, who sighed in relief. Then, he turned around and rushed towards the door. A few steps later, he stopped and glanced over his shoulder. “Just one more thing”, he answered. “If we're pulling this through, then it'll happen on my command. I'm the one in charge here” With these last words, he sounded almost desperate.

Alysanne's lips formed a thin smile, though her eyes remained cold. “Of course you are in charge, love”, she confirmed, while Kersea only sent a glare into his direction. As soon as Clayton turned around again, Alysanne slightly shook her head, before she sighed. “Shall we get going, puppy?”, she finally asked. “Killing some people. Fucking some shit up”

The eager look in her eyes, so wide and childlike, was disturbing, but Kersea gave her a nod. “Ready when you are”, she answered, to which Alysanne let out a bright laughter. “My dear, I don't think there's a time where I'm not ready for this” Side by side, they followed Clayton.

The leader of their group was waiting outside, a sore look on his face. Kersea knew, her refusal to support him had wounded his pride. Defiantly, she met his glare. She couldn't care less. To her surprise, he walked up to her, instead of immediately continuing his way towards Rayden's hideout. “Listen...”, he said in a low tone. “You think you can hurt me. You think you can achieve anything by siding against me” He shook his head. “You won't. Soon you will see that I can always hurt you more”

He didn't gave her a chance to answer, as he immediately turned around on the spot and made his way down the street, giving Alysanne and Kersea a sign to follow. Alysanne, who had heard his words just as well, shrugged before she followed him. “Let him talk”, she whispered, in a tone low enough that Kersea right next to her had to struggle to even understand her. “He's like a dog, that one. You know what they say about barking dogs”

“He must die”, Kersea whispered and hoped that she was equally inaudible for the man that walked a few metres in front of her. Alysanne gave her a nod. “Valar Morghulis”, she answered. “Some sooner than others” It was the last she said for the duration of their way, though she left Kersea puzzled. Had she just implied she would help her against Clayton, once the time would come? All the way through the streets of Raylansfair, Kersea couldn't contain a small smile.

Rayden was already waiting for them, in front of a building similarly rundown than the one Clayton used for his hideout. Like the last time she saw him, he wore a long, open coat, exposing his bare chest and the deep scar that spanned across it. His grin was wide and warm and he moved a hand through his long hair. To his sides stood his men, the Summer Islander and the pale blonde, wearing coats similar to Rayden's, though they wore them closed, to conceal the weapons they wore underneath. Rayden meanwhile didn't even bother with concealing his long sword, which was slightly curved at the top.

“There you are, One-Eye”, he said in a mocking, amused tone. “Must have been one hell of a night, just you and your girls there” The blonde man to his right let out a chuckle, while the Summer Islander remained silent, the look in his eyes distant, almost devoid of emotion.

Clayton did not respond to the joke at his expense. Instead, he glanced up, past the building and to the lighthouse in the distance. “It's a long way to the lighthouse and I hate standing out here in the open”, he remarked and looked back at Rayden. “Shall we go? Or do you want to continue talking?”

Rayden shrugged. “Oh, I always like to talk to you”, he answered, though he started to walk. His two men flanked him without saying a word. “About the good old times for example. We had such lovely moments together, don't you think?”

A frown appeared on Clayton's face and he clenched his fists. His eyes were set on Kersea and she understood what he wanted her to do. This time, she followed his wish with a sigh and walked in front of him, between him and Rayden's group. Provoking him out of pure spite was unwise this time, she knew it. Alysanne was still next to her, which left Clayton at the end.

“No words for your good old friend?”, Rayden asked, grinning widely as he glanced over his shoulder. “Clayton, you disappoint me” His stare fell upon Kersea and with increasing discomfort, she noticed how he let his gaze wandering over her body. Finally, he noticed the cold glare she shot him and his grin turned into something more twisted. At least he showed the decency to turn around again.

With Clayton and Rayden both silent, their walk to the lighthouse was accompanied by uncomfortable silence. Alysanne seemed to notice it as well, as she finally cleared her throat. “A game to pass the time, puppy?”, she asked and Kersea gave her a half-hearted nod. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw that a devious smirk appeared on Alysanne's face. “So, if you'd be in a room with Harren Hoare and Argilac Durrandon, whom would you rather kill?”, she asked.

Kersea raised an eyebrow. “What?”, she asked and Alysanne smiled, almost genuine. “It's the game. You're in a room with two people, but you can only kill one of them”, she explained. “So, who's it going to be? Hoare or Durrandon?”

With a sigh, Kersea thought about her answer. “Harren Hoare, I'd say”, she answered and Alysanne gave her a nod. This time however, Rayden turned around. “Wrong answer”, he claimed. Alysanne shook her head. “There are no wrong answers in this game, Rayden”, she explained, though he gave her a bright, toothy grin. “It's still the wrong answer”, he claimed again and looked at Kersea. “Tell me, why would you rather kill the Hoare?”

Furrowing her brows, Kersea looked him straight in the eyes. “I've heard he is a tyrant, hated even by his own men”, she answered hesitatingly. “Killing him would be good for those who suffer under him” Rayden gave her a nod. “No doubt it would be”, he agreed. “However, that's not what you should do. The question you should ask yourself is, which kill is going to be better for you”

“Then enlighten me, which one would it be?”, Kersea asked and Rayden's toothy smile faded into a sly grin. “Durrandon of course”, he claimed. “Harren Hoare has four sons, while Durrandon only has one daughter. The poor thing would be crushed, having her father taken away so suddenly” He paused and his stare slowly wandered down Kersea's body once more. “Surely she would yearn for comfort in these days, a shoulder to cry on. To kill the king, I first have to get close to him, so I'd be no stranger at court by then, a mysterious, charming nobleman from the east, someone she could never resist in her grief”

Alysanne raised her eyebrows, but before she could say anything, Rayden continued. “Then, after I get bored of fucking her, I'd to decide if I marry her to become king, or if I kill her too, for the arousing thrill of having ruined a dynasty reaching back to the Age of Heroes”, he finished his explanation.

“That...”, Alysanne started. “That is just sick” Rayden shrugged. “Different tastes, I presume”, he mumbled, before his smile returned. “I suppose it's my turn. Such a fun game you have there, it would be unfair to exclude me, wouldn't it” Alysanne sighed, before she gave him a nod. “Go on then. How bad could it be?”

“Splendid!”, Rayden chuckled, before he looked back at Kersea. The expression in his blue eyes was one of cold, calculating cruelty. “Kersea, say, whom would you rather kill, if you'd be in a room with... Clayton and Alysanne?”

Kersea stopped walking, so suddenly that Clayton almost bumped into her. She gave Rayden a surprised look, who responded with mocking indifference. “Listen up, Clay”, he said. “Your bitch is going to answer a wonderful question. I'm sure it's going to interest you”

“It'll be interesting indeed”, Alysanne hissed and any trace of joy was gone from her voice. Clayton meanwhile narrowed his eye. “That's a question I've been wondering about as well lately”, he growled and focussed on Kersea. “Don't let him wait, girl. It would be impolite if you don't answer Rayden's question, wouldn't it?”

[Clayton] [Alysanne] [Refuse to answer]

Jenna

The desk! That would be a good place to start her search. In a hurry, Jenna rushed towards it. She knew, she probably didn't have much time. At least she didn't want to spend too long in Sherryl's room. Just being here, it made her nervous. It was the first time she did something that could get her into trouble with her lord. At least part of her nervousness came from the realization that she felt a strange joy at the thought.

Sherryl's desk was made out of thick, dark wood. The surface was empty and polished so neatly that Jenna could see her reflection in it, though blurred. She was surprised by how weak she looked. With clenched fists, she straightened her back, changed the expression on her face, so that she looked less like a startled sheep. A pleased smile formed on her face and for the first time in a decade, she liked what she saw in the mirror. With this newfound confidence, she started to get to work.

The only object on the table itself was a candle, nearly burned down, but still enough to illuminate the otherwise dark room in a way that allowed her to see and hopefully to read. Quickly, Jenna went down on her knees and opened the first drawer of the desk. In it, she found a large inkpot, next to an elegant quill. For a moment, Jenna had to wonder where exactly Sherryl had gotten this one. It was visibly expensive, the handle layered with beaten gold. Jenna had spent half a decade serving in the castle and she was sure that this wasn't one of Lord Raylan's, or one of Harris', she would have recognized it in that case. At the same time, Jenna knew that it must have cost a fortune.

“Can I help you with anything, Ser?”, Saerya's voice sounded from the outside, loud enough so that she could hear it. Jenna held her breath in surprise and immediately, her heart started to thump wildly in her chest. Someone was outside! Hastily, she looked for a place to hide, in case this someone decided to enter Sherryl's room. Her gaze fell upon the bed. The sheets were long, covering the ground, but Jenna had changed them often enough to know that there was space underneath the bed itself, enough for a thin woman to hide without being seen.

Outside, a second voice started to speak, a young man, though Jenna was unable to understand the words through the thick door. Despite her growing fear of getting caught, she managed to close the drawer first, before she rushed towards the bed, to crawl underneath it.

“Come with me then”, Saerya said again, loud enough that Jenna could hear her words and this time, she heard footsteps, two or three people walking away from the door. She sighed in relief, as she realized that there was no danger to her.

Before she could crawl back from underneath the bed, her gaze fell to her right, where the bed stood directly at the wall of the room. Something lay there and in the dim twilight underneath the sheet, it took Jenna a moment to recognize it. She held her breath, as her eyes wandered across the elegant longbow.

The weapon was made out of a strange kind of wood, white golden in its colour. Jenna had grown up in the Reach, where more sorts of trees grew than in all other kingdoms of Westeros combined, but never before had she seen such a beautiful kind of wood. This was not a westerosi weapon, she had no doubt of it. In turn, this meant that it was something incredibly valuable, undoubtedly even more than the golden quill she had seen earlier. Next to it, Jenna saw a quiver, filled with half a dozen arrows made out of the same wood. The feathers at the shafts were a mixture of emerald green and ruby, again unlike any kind of feather Jenna had ever seen in the Reach.

With a heavily beating heart, Jenna forced herself to look away from the deadly, yet elegant weapon, as she crawled back from underneath the bed, to resume her search. Why would someone like Sherryl own such a valuable bow? Why would she even own a weapon in the first place? Jenna clenched her fists, as she knelt down next to the desk again. “Why not?”, she thought.

There was a second drawer and to her surprise, it was unlocked like the first one. Then again, it made sense, as Jenna doubted that Sherryl would expect anyone searching her rooms. Especially not Jenna Harking, as she realized, not without pride. And to her joy, the second drawer was filled with documents.

She grabbed the first one and began to read. Her initial joy quickly turned into frustration, as she realized that she was unable to read the words. It was written in another language and Jenna was already proud that she was able to read the Common Tongue. She decided to take the document for Saerya, as she had the hopes her new ally would be able to translate it.

The next two documents were similar, written in this strange, foreign language. She wasn't surprised that Sherryl used some trick to conceal her conversations with others, though the fact that she had to resolve to this trick all but proved that there was someone else she was working for. If she had nothing to hide, this would be unnecessary.

Jenna put all three documents into the small belt bag she was wearing, carefully folding them in order not to damage them. At the same time, she knew that Sherryl would undoubtedly realize that someone had searched her room, so she sent a short, silent prayer to the Seven that the material she just took was valuable for Saerya, enough to bring Sherryl down.

Swiftly, Jenna reached for the next document, though halfway to it, she stopped, as she heard a voice outside. “If the city guard has any questions as to why I was standing idly during my shift, then you can always send word to the castle”, Saerya said, once again loud enough so that Jenna could hear her. “In that case, I'll come to the guard headquarters as soon as possible. Just ask for Saerya”

The city guard... whatever the city guard was doing here, Jenna had a bad feeling about it. While her father had spoken highly of Hackor Nathamer and his men, she knew that their presence in the castle must mean something big, or else the castle guard would have dealt with it. Listening carefully, she heard soft footsteps, undoubtedly Saerya's, walking down the hallway away from the door. Jenna knew she had her reasons, though it also meant that she had to be especially careful once she would be ready to leave the room.

Grabbing the next document, she decided that it would be her last before leaving the room. She looked at it and to her surprise, she realized it was written in the Common Tongue. More than that, she even recognized the seal on it. A tower, crowned with flames... House Hightower of Oldtown! She remembered what she knew about the old Lord Raylan, about his rivalry with Lord Hightower and with a nervous gulp, she started to read. Her fists clenched the document tightly as she realized what exactly she was reading there, written in elegant letters.

In the name of King Mern of House Gardener, ninth of his name, King of the Reach, Lord of Highgarden, Defender of the Marches, Protector of the Mander and Stalwart Hand of the South, by the power he bestowed upon me,

I, Manfred of House Hightower, Lord of the Hightower, Lord of the Port, Voice of Oldtown, Defender of the Citadel and Beacon of the South, declare the knight Leonard of House Constantine guilty of murder in two cases, torture of the innocent in one case, larceny, false testimony and resisting arrest.

With his vehement resistance and use of lethal force against members of the city guard, Leonard Constantine proved his guilt. Under authority of the Kingdom of Reach, I declare him a false knight and strip him of his title and privileges. Upon arrest by any man loyal to the crown, he is to be hanged to death.

Written under authority of Lord Manfred Hightower,

Ser Maron Mullendore

Below, Jenna saw two signatures. One of them was written hastily and crooked, barely readable, though she still recognized the word Hightower, realizing that it must be the signature of the lord. Next to it, she saw a name written in the same elegant handwriting as the rest of the letter. Ser Maron Mullendore...

Jenna took a deep breath, as she put the document onto the desk. Quickly, she searched through the rest of the documents. She knew, Ser Leonard had been in Oldtown together with Ser Lucas, so it made sense that there would be a death sentence for him as well. She knew neither of them well, but she regarded them both as kind men and true knights. Whatever happened in Oldtown, she had no doubt that Ser Leonard had committed none of the actions he was accused of.

To her relief, she found no such death sentence for Ser Lucas, as the rest of the documents were written in the foreign language. She carefully put them back into the drawer, before her eyes fell upon the document. It proved, without a doubt, that Sherryl had ties to House Hightower, was perhaps even working on their behalf. It was the kind of evidence Saerya wanted. At the same time, she knew that it was highly dangerous for Ser Leonard, whom she saw as a just man, someone who did not deserve to be hanged for something he never did. If the wrong person was to get their hands on the documents, the knight would likely be dead. Her gaze fell upon the candle...

[Keep the document] [Burn the document]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.