Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Refuse to answer] Perhaps she could just look Rayden in the eyes and say, "You." Then get up and leave like a badass XD

[Keep the document] It may prove to be of some use, especially being written from Mullendore. I fear the worst is coming for Constantine, I pray I'm wrong D:

Kersea This time, Kersea didn't even had to think for long. She wouldn't support Clayton's plan just to please him. Aside from that, Alys

• [Refuse to answer] Nah, better not to answer.

[Burn the document] It's better just to burn it, because otherwise it can always be repossessed.

Kersea This time, Kersea didn't even had to think for long. She wouldn't support Clayton's plan just to please him. Aside from that, Alys

• edited June 2016

[Refuse to answer] I was tempted to give Clayton name however let's be neutral for a change

[Keep the document] I'm really not sure about the choice (since I understand the many pros and cons of it) however I think that is more cool let remain inside the stage the object that can give doom to one of the most hated AND one of the most loved character of the fic!XD

RT(Random Thoughts):

• I like all the weird talk about "Who you like to kill?"
    • I'm really interested to discover what Rayden was talking about "the good old times"...maybe he and Clayton before be assassins were part of a band?I can already think about the two of them be in a tavern singing "I wanna be an assasin"!XD
    • I'm surprised Jenna succeed to discover not only a weapon (that make Sherryl only more dangerous) but even secret documents! Maybe Sherryl is not as smart as she think is
    • I'm really curious to know why Mullendore decide to send a letter only about Leonard..maybe he really underestimate Lucas!XD
    • I know that this is not a question about these parts but I must know!XD We will have Lyra and Alys PoV inside this chapter?

• edited June 2016

So i was in the process of my favorite hobby of reading the unintroduced characters list when i came upon this one: Edward Lancaster.......................................Edward Lancaster...................from the War of Roses...........the real life event Game Of Thrones and Song Of Ice and Fire are mostly based on. Infact, the name Stark comes from York and Lancaster is the basis for Lannister. Perhaps even more surprising is that Edward Lancaster (not to be confused with the other Edward Lancaster who was the original heir), also know as Edward V,was the child that took over the throne and STARTED the conflict which was ended with the death of Richard the 3rd (though many like to say it was Henry the 6th by marrying the heiress to the Yorks and forming the Tudor family). Meaning this guy was the inspiration fo Joffrey.......

So this is a fictional character based on a real person in a story set 300 years before an event that is based around the war, he himself started..........................................Am i the only one who finds this incredibly f**cking weird? I mean i can't even begin to think of how Liquid felt when he read the submission for the first time (unless he found out now. In which case the weirdness begins now, sorry.).

• [Refuse to answer]

[Burn the document]

• **[Refuse to answer] **

[Burn the document]

• [Clayton] Refusing will piss everyone off and there's no way I'm naming Alysanne.

[Keep the document] It's useful and proves that Sherryl is connected to Mullendore. We can't deny Jenna and Saerya success just in an effort to protect Leonard. If he's in any real danger burning a piece of paper won't save him.

I'm really happy about finding the documents. Choosing the desk was a good call.

Great part! I'm really into Jenna's story in this chapter. Can't wait to see more!

I wonder why Leonard's been sentenced and not Lucas. There must be some reason.

• [Clayton] Kersea can't look like a wimp, and there's no way I'm throwing Alysanne under the bus.

[Keep the document] We already stole some documents, why not go for more.

• I like all the weird talk about "Who you like to kill?"

That is basically Alysanne's favourite thing to talk about. I had fun writing this scene, as it gives quite some insight over the characters. Especially Rayden has proven himself to be so messed up that even Alysanne thinks he takes things a bit too far.

I'm really interested to discover what Rayden was talking about "the good old times"...maybe he and Clayton before be assassins were part of a band?I can already think about the two of them be in a tavern singing "I wanna be an assasin"!XD

Yes, that is totally how it happened XD Eventually, like most bands, internal difficulties lead to them breaking up and becoming mortal enemies. Nowadays, Rayden is the smug ex-band member who likes to boast with the success of his solo career to his less successful former colleague Clayton.

I'm surprised Jenna succeed to discover not only a weapon (that make Sherryl only more dangerous) but even secret documents! Maybe Sherryl is not as smart as she think is

Sherryl is almost certainly not as smart as she thinks she is, because she sees herself as the smartest person in Westeros. Though she had the common sense to carefully hide the weapon and to lock her room. What she hasn't planned for is the fact that Saerya managed to get the keys for the room. She is also so convinced of her own superiority that she doesn't even think someone as insignificant as Jenna could ever be dangerous to her.

I'm really curious to know why Mullendore decide to send a letter only about Leonard..maybe he really underestimate Lucas!XD

Like Sherryl, Mullendore has a habit of underestimating his opponents. It was the sole reason he even allowed Harpy to get so close to him in the Chapter 6 finale and it wouldn't be out of character for him to do the same mistake again, to assume that Lucas is nothing more than a broken shell by now.

I know that this is not a question about these parts but I must know!XD We will have Lyra and Alys PoV inside this chapter?

I am actually not yet sure about it. It is possible that neither of them is going to appear in this chapte. Alys is currently aboard Anturion's ship and this whole storyline is not going to get much screentime in this chapter. Lyria meanwhile... I'm thinking of something, but I feel it would work a lot better in the next chapter.

[Refuse to answer] I was tempted to give Clayton name however let's be neutral for a change [Keep the document] I'm really not sure about

• Refusing will piss everyone off and there's no way I'm naming Alysanne.

I knew you'd choose this option :) Originally, I haven't planned to even give you a refuse option, but I found no satisfying and logical way for Rayden to force Kersea to answer. That said, I would have preferred this original idea without the refuse option, as it would have been interesting to see if Kersea rather risks Clayton's wrath once more, or if she rather risks to offend her friend.

I'm really happy about finding the documents. Choosing the desk was a good call.

It certainly was! The desk was actually the option that revealed the most. In all options, Jenna would have found the longbow, but with some options, it would have been the only thing she would have found, which would have forced her to leave without having found out much. There is one other interesting piece of evidence she missed by choosing to search the desk, but all in all this was one of the better options of her last choice.

I wonder why Leonard's been sentenced and not Lucas. There must be some reason.

There certainly is a reason. As much as Mullendore underestimates Lucas, he is no fool. His reasons for acting in this way will be revealed in a later chapter, or at least strongly hinted at.

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Clayton] Refusing will piss everyone off and there's no way I'm naming Alysanne. [Keep the document] It's useful and proves that Sherryl

• Oh, now this is an interesting detail :D Of course I knew about the War of Roses and its inspiration for A Song of Ice and Fire, up to the York and Lancaster families, but I didn't know about the historical Edward Lancaster (or any other people involved in the War of Roses) and therefore did not feel weird when reading the submission in question. Actually, Edward is planned to appear in this chapter and while I can't tell you much about him, I can reveal that he is nothing like Joffrey.

Lord_EAA posted: »

So i was in the process of my favorite hobby of reading the unintroduced characters list when i came upon this one: Edward Lancaster........

• [Alysanne] Psycho bitch.

For this second choice, I dunno. I mean, what if Argella saw it? Would she believe it?

Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit!

[Keep the document] I know I'm going to regret this...

• I like that Alysanne proposed a game. I love when characters do simple things with each other to bond. Like playing games or just bantering. I'd love a card game or drinking game. Maybe a group of more humorous characters could talk about whether they've "Made the eight" :p

• Still. Its insanely weird. Even if they are nothing alike his name still comes from the guy that literaly started everything having to do with this. Btw you haven't gotten any characters with the last name York or Tudor have you?

Oh, now this is an interesting detail Of course I knew about the War of Roses and its inspiration for A Song of Ice and Fire, up to the Yor

• [Refuse to answer]

[Keep the document]

• [Refuse to answer]

[Keep the document]

• Well, I at least have to admit that I've never heard of Edward Lancaster before, so it's not bothering me too much and I can't imagine I'm the only one. Please don't let me be wrong here XD While I don't have any character by the name of Tudor (though there is Alys Boleyn, which comes close enough), I have one character named Leo York, who is currently travelling with Ser Edrick.

Still. Its insanely weird. Even if they are nothing alike his name still comes from the guy that literaly started everything having to do with this. Btw you haven't gotten any characters with the last name York or Tudor have you?

• Yes, I like these simple moments as well. Just having two characters interacting with each other without significantly advancing the plot can be refreshing at times and I think these sort of moments help a lot with bringing the characters to live. Of course, since it is Alysanne we're talking about, she'd never play an ordinary card game, but it's the sentiment that counts here. And this is a pretty interesting suggestion you made there. So far, I haven't planned on having any character bragging about 'Making the eight', but I will keep it in mind for later :D

AgentZ46 posted: »

I like that Alysanne proposed a game. I love when characters do simple things with each other to bond. Like playing games or just bantering.

• It's fine. I imagine most people would'nt care but its honestly blown my mind. And how the hell did i not notice Alys Boleyn? It's one of the POV's look forward to the most (and not only for my character). For Leo i forgot, i guess.

Anyway i hope you're having a good day. Also i plan to bombard you again with questions soon.

Well, I at least have to admit that I've never heard of Edward Lancaster before, so it's not bothering me too much and I can't imagine I'm t

• edited June 2016

I believe someone brought up Alys' last name back when she got introduced, but it hasn't really been pointed out ever since. It's interesting that Leo York is actually somewhat involved in her storyline, as he is on a mission to find her, together with Edrick. Now I only have to find a way to have both of them and Edward Lancaster meet up somewhere XD

Also i plan to bombard you again with questions soon.

enter image description here

Bring it on :D

It's fine. I imagine most people would'nt care but its honestly blown my mind. And how the hell did i not notice Alys Boleyn? It's one of th

• [Clayton]

[Keep the document]

I've finally caught up again, by the way, happy late birthday, Liquid.

• The Voting is closed!

Kersea is going to refuse to answer

Jenna is going to keep the document

I am not surprised about the Kersea choice that won. Originally, that was even the reason I thought about not giving you this option at all, as I expected it to be the obvious choice. However, I just couldn't think of a logical reason to force Kersea into making a clear choice here. Giving a clear answer to Rayden would have had big consequences though, some of which I'm going to detail at the end of the chapter. With Jenna, all I can say is, I can understand your reason to keep the document. Let's see if it truly was the right decision.

The next part is hopefully going to be out today. I have sadly spent a bit less time than I wanted to with writing this next part over the weekend, but it is making steady progress. One reason for why it took me longer than usual is that I have started to look into creating a Forum of Thrones Wiki, as I have mentioned a while ago. I even made progress with this, though this wiki is still far from presentable. I've currently planned to steadily update it each day and to hopefully get it ready to show you by the time Chapter 7 ends, which should be later this summer. As for the next part, I currently have an Edrick PoV almost entirely written and the only thing I am still struggling with for him is a choice. It is possible that his next part won't have a choice, though it won't remain his last in this chapter. The other PoV in the next part is planned to be Drent. The last time we saw Edrick, he and his companions arrived at the lands of House Frostborn, where they hope to get help on their search for Alys Boleyn. However, Darreth had a few concerns about the intentions of House Frostborn, stating their supposedly dark reputation. When a group of Frostborn men-at-arms, led by the captain of the guard, Ser Arthries, approached them and ordered them to give up on their weapons before they would be able to meet Lord Frostborn, Edrick remembered these concerns and hesitated to give up a knife hidden in his boot. Ultimately though, he decided in favour of trusting the Frostborns and he gave up all of his weapons as ordered. Meanwhile, Drent's latest part started immediately after his last part in Chapter 6. After their job to share food with the poor of Raylansfair almost ended in tragedy, Drent and Sergeant Montclair got no time to rest. Ser Emphryus Dresfel approached them and mentioned Ser Ian Shortwood, who had left the castle shortly after the Stormlanders arrived and whom Emphryus distrusts for some reason. He ordered Drent and Montclair to investigate. Since Montclair wished for a third man to accompany them, Emphryus assigned Torrence Bernile, Edonia's brother and a piece of work, to go with them. While Montclair hesitated to accept Torrence's help, Drent decided to argue in favour of him.

• Thank you! And welcome back, it's great that you have caught up again :D

DiverseGnu posted: »

[Clayton] [Keep the document] I've finally caught up again, by the way, happy late birthday, Liquid.

• The Wiki looks good so far Liquid, I'm sure it will form up nicely.

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to refuse to answer Jenna is going to keep the document I am not surprised about the Kersea c

• A wiki sounds awesome! It also sounds like a lot of work.

Edrick, yay!

The Voting is closed! Kersea is going to refuse to answer Jenna is going to keep the document I am not surprised about the Kersea c

• If you need any help building it, i can help. I'm a good editor and long description builder.

• Alright, let my question Blitzkrieg BEGIN!!!!!!

1) Do you tend to like characters when they are submitted or later as you develop them?

2) How much of the world do you hope to have explored by the end of the story?

3) Do you tend to follow the books canon, the tv shows or the basics of both?

4) Do you ever plan to speak of the decendents of the surviving FOT characters and what they did in the confic 300 years later?

5) Do you already have planned ending or endings for the story or do you just plan to develop it to a logical conclusion?

6) Do you ever think you would ressurect a character?

7) How do you know which character should be a POV?

8) Do want your ending to be a lead in to GOT/SOIAF, a very standalone piece, a mixture of both or an open ended work in which the characters fates are left to the readers interpretation?

9) Are you certain that the saga will only include 3 books?

10) If so, how did you reach that conclution?

11) How do personaly feel this story maches up to the world George R. Martín?

12) Did you ever think this story would be as loved, supported and popular as it is?

13) And finally, do you ever fear having to introduce a character near the end of the story and not having time to develop them?

• I just sent background history and char data for a dynasty to Liquid.
    Not even half done with all of it, but let's just say that "Essos is Coming".

• These are some interesting questions.

Alright, let my question Blitzkrieg BEGIN!!!!!! 1) Do you tend to like characters when they are submitted or later as you develop them?

• Edrick

Without his weapons, Edrick felt almost naked as he and his small group entered the courtyard. It was a relatively narrow one, but it was long and the walls were thick and high, making it easily defendable. Flanked by Captain Arthries and his men, he couldn't help but notice the archers that were patrolling on the walls, carrying sturdy longbows. Without a doubt, House Frostborn was a strong house, there was no comparison with what he had seen from House Boleyn earlier.

“Thank you for your cooperation”, Arthries said and the tone in his voice sounded honest. Darreth still had the hint of a frown on his face. While he had followed Dante's wish and given up his weapons on Arthries' command, he was obviously unhappy with this decision. Leo meanwhile had cooperated calmly and quietly. Edrick found it hard to read the young man. Finally there was Dante, who gave the captain a polite nod. “Of course, captain”, he answered. “When can we expect to speak to Lord Lionel?”

Arthries glanced across the long courtyard and as Edrick followed his glance, he saw a young man approaching them from the keep. He had light brown hair, with a touch of dirty blonde, an unclean stubble beard and a hollow, pale face. His left eye eyes was dull and grey, the right one was hidden underneath a small eyepatch. As he came closer, Edrick saw deep claw marks running through the right side of his face and through the eye. If it weren't for his fine, grey clothing, Edrick could have mistaken him for one of the soldiers, or perhaps a servant.

“Ser Lucien!”, Arthries greeted him with a salute. The young man ordered him to relax with a handwave. “Captain”, he greeted him briefly, with a tired voice, before he looked at the visitors. “And whom do we have here?” Arthries made a handwave into Dante's direction. “This is Ser Dante Karstark, nephew of Lord Karstark, his squire Darreth, Ser Edrick of the Wolfswood and the hunter Leo York. They are here on behalf of Lord Boleyn”

The young man had his thin lips pressed together, but now he gave Arthries a small nod. “Interesting”, he answered, before he gave Dante the hint of a bow. “Welcome at Thaumaturge Keep. I am Lucien Frostborn, Lord Lionel's second son”

A smile formed on Dante's face. “It is a pleasure, Ser”, he greeted him. “Me and my companions have something to discuss with your father” The corner of Lucien's mouth shivered slightly, perhaps the hint of a smile, as he turned around. “Father has been informed of your arrival, he is awaiting you in the Great Hall”, he said, before he glanced at Arthries. “Captain, take care of their horses. Make sure they are well-fed. And order the servants to prepare rooms for our guests” With these words, he glanced over his shoulder, his stare meeting Edrick's. “Come with me then”

Led by Lucien, the group made their way across the long courtyard, while Arthries and his men took care of the horses. To Edrick's right walked Leo, while Dante took position to his left. Darreth meanwhile was walking slightly slower, though he caught up by the time they had reached the large doors that led into the keep.

The first room they entered as they stepped through the door was a large entrance hall, remarkably warmer than outside. Edrick sighed in relief at the warmth, as he opened and closed his aching fingers. The room itself was mostly empty, though large banners were hanging on the walls, reaching from the ceiling almost to the ground and showing the Frostborn family sigil, a black and a white wolf, with their backs to each other.

Lucien led them up a set of stairs and through a hallway, where Edricks gaze fell upon a large painting that covered a majority of the wall to his left. It showed about half a dozen people, a stern-faced man with dark blonde hair and pale skin, next to him a woman with pale skin and brown hair, a newborn child on her arm. Four children stood in front of them, three boys and one girl, all of them in their teens, with pale skin and grey eyes. One of them, the youngest aside from the newborn, was undoubtedly Lucien himself, still having both of his eyes back then.

“Your family?”, he asked and Lucien gave him a nod, as he pressed his lips together. “Most of them”, he growled and looked away from the painting, but not fast enough for Edrick to notice whom he was looking at. It was one of the older boys, perhaps fourteen or fifteen years old at the time the painting was made. He had blonde hair, like his father, and pale skin like the rest of his family. Though what made Edrick shiver was the intense look in his piercing grey eyes, as well as the smirk. It was just a painting, but this expression felt a bit too lifelike for Edrick's taste. He also noticed that this boy was the only one of the family that was smiling, while the rest had a look on their faces that almost came close to sadness, or perhaps anger, in case of the tallest boy depicted.

Before he could ask any question, Lucien turned towards one of the doors, opening it without knocking. Behind it, Edrick could hear a loud voice, arguing about something. “Father, this is a clear sign of aggression. Bloodboar wants a war and I say we give it to him!”, a man growled. “Do you want to risk our house ending up like the Grimthorns?”

“Ascar Bloodboar is no fool, he knows Bolton won't look away this time”, a second, older voice answered. “And we're not the Grimthorns. But... I believe our guests have arrived” With these words, Edrick walked around the corner into the room. The Great Hall was decently sized, with a long, wooden table in its centre. The wall behind it consisted of a large window that allowed the room to be well illuminated. A fire was burning in two fireplaces on each side of the hall, which gave it a cozy atmosphere.

At the far end of the table, a man sat on a chair, undoubtedly the lord of the house. Lionel Frostborn was looking like the man from the painting, a bit older perhaps. His hair, while still full, showed signs of grey amid the dark blonde, his pale skin seemed even white and his grey eyes had a dull, mournful look in them. A fine beard covered the lower half of his face and he managed a forced smile as he saw the group. He had a thin frame and the thick fur coat around his shoulders failed to make him seem any more massive.

The man next to him meanwhile had the broad shoulders of a warrior. Edrick recognized him from the picture as well, he had been the tall boy standing next to the boy with the unsettling stare and was looking not unlike him, with dark blonde hair and pale, grey eyes. He was in his thirties now and unlike his father and his younger brother, the look in his eyes was not dull, but attentive and cautious.

“Father”, Lucien greeted the older man, as Edrick, Leo, Dante and Darreth respectfully bowed in front of him. “These are...” Lord Lionel cut him off. “Ser Dante Karstark and his squire Darreth, Ser Edrick of the Wolfswood and...”, he stated and paused. “Lord Barroth mentioned three men...” Edrick glanced at Leo and gave him a nod, which prompted the young hunter to look up. “My name is Leo York, m'lord”, he introduced himself. “I'm a hunter from Lord Boleyn's lands. Ser Edrick has allowed me to accompany him on his mission”

Lionel seemed content with his answer. A slight move of his hand signalled Edrick and his group to rise. “It shouldn't be a problem. We have enough room for an additional guest for the night. Please, grab a seat”, he said and looked at the man standing to his right, while the group followed his wish. “You have already met my son, Lucien. This is my firstborn, Alphyn”

Unlike Lucien, who stood slightly tensed up, or Lord Lionel, who was sunken in his chair, Alphyn stood relaxed, leaning slightly against his father's chair. “It's an honour to meet you”, he said. “Or whatever else you expect to hear. Father, our guests are not here to exchange pleasantries” He and Edrick looked at each other and gave each other a small nod. “There's much to discuss and we have work to do”

Lionel nodded shortly, his sullen stare not looking at anyone in particular. “Yes. Yes, I believe this will be for the...” A new, female voice cut him off. “Father, Captain Arthries told me we...”, a woman said, before she gasped in surprise. As Edrick turned around, he saw the girl from the painting, now a young woman, with brown hair and the grey eyes that seemed common in her family. Though distant and with a look on her face that showed that she was more than wary around the newcomers, she had a certain sort of cold beauty, befitting for a northern noblewoman.

For the first time since Edrick met him, Lord Lionel smiled, a small and honest smile. It got even wider when another woman entered the room. She was in Lionel's age and Edrick recognized the woman from the painting, now in her fifties perhaps, with brown hair the same colour as her daughter and light blue eyes.

“My dear guests, it seems you're meeting the whole family now”, Lionel said, to which Alphyn smirked without any kind of joy. “At least the part that is still in the North”, he remarked. Lionel shot him a stern glare, while Lucien shook his head. “Uncle Darko is still out. I don't think he'll be back until supper”, he interjected with a frown.

Now, Lionel's smile faded, as quick as it came. “Anyways, allow me to introduce my wife, Lady Elizabeth, and my beautiful daughter Evelyn”, he said, while both women entered the room and approached the table. At the mention of the young woman, Darreth smirked and rose from his chair. “Lady Evelyn”, he greeted her with a deep bow. “I must say, it truly is an honour to be blessed with the presence of such a beauty”

While Dante only raised an eyebrow, with a look of resignation on his face, Edrick was surprised by Evelyn's reaction. The young woman immediately stopped, visibly tensing up and pressing her lips together. Not quite what Edrick expected from a woman that had just been complimented by a man that wasn't too bad looking. Alphyn and Lucien Frostborn both shot glares towards the squire, in Lucien's case it almost got vicious.

Then, Lady Elizabeth had reached the table. Her presence seemed to calm both of her sons and was enough for Evelyn to relax again and to sit down next to her. “It has been a long time since we had so many guests here”, she said with a warm, motherly smile. “It's a shame you're here only for your mission” Dante gave her a nod. “As much as we'd like to spend more time here, we're here on a matter of great importance”, he explained. “I believe you have information about the whereabouts of Lady Alys Boleyn”

Alphyn Frostborn gave him a nod. “We have”, he confirmed. By now, he was the only one standing, still leaning next to his father. “But that is not what we're going to discuss today” He and his father exchanged a glance and he shrugged. “Not all at least. Consider this less of a discussion and more of a... negotiation”, he continued. “The main question here is not how House Frostborn can help you, but how we can help each other”

No Choices for this part

Drent

If nothing else, Torrence was enthusiastic to help, especially after he had gotten the thought that proving his worth here could somehow repair some of the damage his earlier actions had done. While Montclair had been sceptical, he eventually gave in and now, they made their way through the city as a trio, slowly getting closer to the tavern, where Ian Shortwood was supposed to be located. Neither of them was wearing any sort of uniform, as they didn't want to clue him in that they were looking for him.

Drent decided to use the time to get to know Torrence a bit better. Even before Torrence ruined his own reputation by drunkenly pestering the Storm Princess, he and Drent had rarely spent time and now that they were forced to work together, it could be a good thing to learn more about him.

“So... you are Edonia's brother”, he mentioned and Torrence glanced at him. “Yeah”, he said, not quite enthusiastic to answer. “Please, don't even start with her. I know she's fond of you, but I'm not very fond of her, if you haven't noticed”

Drent raised an eyebrow at this comment. “Why not?”, he asked. “Edonia seems to be pleasant company to have around” Torrence frowned. “Maybe that's because you're not related to her”, he answered. “To me, she's insufferable. Constantly nagging at me. And her arrogance! As if she's perfect, as if I had to live my life exactly the way she wants to” He shook his head. “It's my life, not hers. No matter what I do, she criticizes me for it”, he mumbled and looked up. “Should have heard her after your princess humiliated me”

“Golton's princess?”, Montclair growled shortly, raised an eyebrow and looked away again. Torrence sighed. “Back then, Edonia surely wasn't such pleasant company”, he concluded. “And don't even get me started about her archery. Yeah, I get it, she's good. I have to admit, she's the best shot I've ever seen. But that does not mean I have to try my luck with the bow too. That does not mean I have to become a ploughing archer as well”

“Have you ever tried it?”, Drent asked and Torrence sighed. “Barely. Edonia tries to push me into practising it. Thinks I'm some sort of prodigy. Apparently she's unable to understand that I simply don't want to become a fucking archer”, he answered. “I don't have it all figured out, but neither has Edonia. She has her way of life and the least she can do is to fucking respect mine”

“What's the problem with archery?”, Drent asked now. “Seems like that is the key problem between you two” Torrence shook his head. “There's more, way more between me and her. But the thing with archery is, it's so... unheroic”, he explained. “I mean, you can probably name me a hundred famous swordsmen, but tell me about one famous archer” He clenched his fists. “It's not the kind of skill that gets you knighted”

“You want to be knighted, Bernile?”, Montclair asked now, glancing over his shoulder. “There are more things to being a knight than to be a decent fighter. First of all, you got to work on your attitude. Bernile, that is, Edonia, she got it all figured out in that situation. If she'd be a man, I'd even recommend her to Ser Emphryus”

Torrence sighed. “Sure she has...”, he mumbled. “Just my damn luck again. “Everywhere I go, it's always people telling me to follow Edonia's lead. I just don't want to follow her lead. Is it so hard to understand that I want to make my own decisions?”

“Even if you're making a mistake?”, Montclair asked and Torrence gave him a nod. “Then I want to make my own mistake”, he answered firmly. “Edonia is not perfect, no matter how much she seems that way. I'm not my sister and I don't want to live the life she chooses for me. If that means I'm wrong in your eyes, Sergeant Montclair, then I have to live with that”

Montclair raised an eyebrow, though he gave Torrence a short nod. “I can respect that, Bernile”, he simply answered, before he looked at the way in front of him again. Drent, still walking next to Torrence, felt the need to say something. He gulped. “So... Torrence”, he said. “You always mention Edonia, but what's about the rest of your family”

Torrence clenched his teeth and gave Drent a look that hid the hint of anger. “I believe it came from beyond the Narrow Sea, from tainted food our village elder brought from a dark-skinned merchant. The Spring Plague, they called it. It took my parents and half of the village, but spared me and my sister. I had just turned two. Don't even remember them”, he mumbled. “That was one of the reasons why everyone expected me to listen to Edonia. She's the older one, by three years and for some reason, that makes everyone believe she's the more mature one” He shook his head. “She's not my bloody mother and yet she acted as if she were. Her archery was the worst. No matter how much time I told her to stop bringing it up, she never left me alone with it...”

“I... am sorry to hear this”, Drent answered carefully. He understood how Torrence felt and despite everything, he felt a wave of sympathy for the young man. At the same time, he knew Edonia, thought of her as a good person. Perhaps he should ask for her side of the story later on, as he doubted things were as simple as Torrence put them here.

Montclair pointed at the building in the distance. It was larger than the surrounding houses, standing at the side of a large square, probably one of the most central places of the town. Three stories high, with sturdy, wooden walls and a roof with tiles of stone. The sign above the door showed a horse standing on its hind legs.

“Well then”, the Sergeant said. “Let's find out what's so special about this Shortwood guy” With these words, he entered the tavern, while Drent and finally Torrence followed him. The room was crowded, overflowing with people at this late time of the day. Commoners, many of them, who were drinking themselves into a frenzy. Drent knew what they were preparing for. He had heard about the serial killer they had caught and he had heard about the execution that was set for later. The only thing worse than a mob was a drunken mob.

Somehow, Montclair managed to grab one of the barmaids by the shoulder. She was a young, pretty thing, with a shapely figure, vibrant red hair, bright blue eyes and a sweet smile. “Can I help you with anything, Ser?”, she asked kindly, despite the fact that Montclair had been rather rude by just grabbing her.

The Sergeant gave her a nod. “Looking for a certain Ian Shortwood”, he told her. “About my height and age. Hedge knight. Has a short, black beard” The barmaid gave him a nod. “Ser Ian is one of our guests. Is he in trouble?”, she asked and Montclair shook his head. “No. We just have a few questions, I promise”

This seemed to be enough for the barmaid. She pointed across the room, towards one of the corners. Through the crowd, Drent spotted the man he had seen earlier, sitting at a small table all for himself. He was staring at the ground in front of him, a mug of ale in his hand. “There he is”, she said. “Please, keep your word, Ser”

“Seems rather desperate, that man”, Montclair mentioned and she slowly nodded in agreement. “Has been drinking ever since he came back from the castle”, she confirmed and gently shook his hand off. “Was that all? I have work to do” Montclair gave her a nod and she disappeared in the crowd.

“So, let's go then”, Montclair decided, but it was Torrence who cleared his throat. “To do what, Sergeant?”, he asked. Montclair raised his eyebrows. “To talk to him, of course. To find out what his bloody problem is” Torrence shook his head. “Sergeant, that is a horrible plan. Approaching this man directly, while knowing nothing about him? It's as if you ask for our task to fail”

“You have a better idea then?”, Montclair growled and Torrence gave him a nod. “The barmaid we just met. I know how to talk to girls like her and I got some spare coin”, he explained. “For the right price, I'm sure she's going to tell us where our mysterious hedge knight has his room. While he's busy drinking, we search it”

“You're willing to pay your own coin for this?”, Montclair asked and Torrence saluted slightly. “Told you I want to prove myself, Sergeant”, he confirmed. “At least consider it. Or let us do both things. You do the talking, while I search for his room. Double the chance for success”

“Double the chance for failure”, Montclair responded and looked at Drent. “Though Torrence brings up a viable point. Golton, you've always been someone with an opinion. Don't hold back now. Enlighten me. What do you think is the best option here?”

[Talk to Ian Shortwood] [Try to search Shortwood's room] [Talk to Shortwood and send Torrence to search his room]

• 1) Do you tend to like characters when they are submitted or later as you develop them?

It's a bit of both, always depending on the character. For example, Garthon was a character I liked from the moment he got submitted, while Samantha is a character whom I really started to like while writing her involvement in Chapter 3. Every character is different from the other, meaning there are some I immediately like and some who need some time until I warm up to them.

2) How much of the world do you hope to have explored by the end of the story?

Let's see... There are one or more PoV's planned in every kingdom of Westeros, I have already decided to include subplots in Lys, Volantis, Yunkai and most likely Qarth, as well as some places inbetween these cities and there will be one subplot beyond the wall. So, eventually I hope to explore a majority of the regions in Westeros and the southern regions of Essos. It is unlikely that places like Qohor, Lorath or Ibben will ever feature in FoT, though others are either set to appear, or have a high chance.

3) Do you tend to follow the books canon, the tv shows or the basics of both?

I mostly prefer to stick to the book canon, as it is richer and gives more chance for development. Obviously, the show had to narrow down certain aspects of the canon because otherwise it would have been impossible to produce for a larger audience, but since the story takes place in written form, I will have no such problems. Then there are smaller changes that took place in the show canon, which I won't feature. For example, Argella's name in the show canon is officially confirmed to be Argalia, for reasons unknown, while I stick with her name from the books.

4) Do you ever plan to speak of the decendents of the surviving FOT characters and what they did in the confic 300 years later?

I have no such plan made yet, though perhaps it could be an idea for the end of the story. I'll think about it.

5) Do you already have planned ending or endings for the story or do you just plan to develop it to a logical conclusion?

In some cases, yes I have endings planned out. There will be multiple endings, more like epilogues, one for each surviving PoV character and in some cases, these endings are already decided upon, should the PoV characters in question manage to survive the story.

6) Do you ever think you would ressurect a character?

The funny thing is, I have played with the thought of doing so for a long while, though in the end I decided against it. The resurrected characters from the source material, Beric Dondarrion, Stoneheart and a certain other character, are all implied to have big importance for the storyline and probably for the fight against the White Walkers, while the characters in this story obviously don't have such an importance for the larger narrative of the Ice and Fire novels. Therefore, it would seem out of place if a dead character suddenly returns. No, sorry, but dead will be dead here. If you've seen a character dying, then he or she is dead for sure and won't come back.

7) How do you know which character should be a POV?

I could swear you've already asked this question before. Truth is, I don't know. In some cases, it just happens. In others, I have larger plans in mind and feel like a certain character would be perfect to show the events I have planned. This for example is the matter with Kyra Greyjoy, who is a confirmed PoV in Book 2. Others, like Jaron for example, simply happened to become PoV charaters in the beginning of the story and only later have I managed to create a large subplot around them.

8) Do want your ending to be a lead in to GOT/SOIAF, a very standalone piece, a mixture of both or an open ended work in which the characters fates are left to the readers interpretation?

I certainly don't want FoT to be an open ended work. I hate open endings that leave the fate of the characters up for debate and it always irks me in other stories when such a thing happens. No, FoT will have a definite ending for each character. I'm not sure if I understand the rest of the question though. As I plan to stay close to the Book canon, I'd like for the story to eventually lead to events known from the novels though.

9) Are you certain that the saga will only include 3 books?

Yes, yes I am very certain about this. Everything must come to an end and I simply feel that many storylines I have in mind have to end at the end of Book 3. Dragging things out for another whole book would serve no purpose.

10) If so, how did you reach that conclution?

A big help when planning the story is the War of Conquest. It is no secret that it will eventually play a big role in the events to come and I use the major canonical events of the WoQ to help me with planning the not-WoQ related parts of the story around it. Like, I know exactly in which chapter I plan to show the Field of Fire battle and then I think of where I want the other storylines to be at the time. Eventually, I realized that most storylines should be over at the end of Book 3 and that drove me to the conclusion that ending it at that point will be the right decison.

11) How do personaly feel this story maches up to the world George R. Martín?

Do you mean quality-wise? In that case, I won't even start to compare my story with GRRM's work. FoT is, after all, a fan work and miles behind the source material. Of course, this is not a bad thing, but still, you get what I'm saying. Or do you mean in terms of consistency? In that case, I try to keep the story consistent with what is known from the world of Ice and Fire. For example, since the Lannisters play a role in the novels, I will keep the story consistent by not killing off the entire house.

12) Did you ever think this story would be as loved, supported and popular as it is?

No, never. Back when this story started, I expected it to become roughly as popular as the other interactive stories here. I think it would have been delusional to expect the story to become this supported back when I started writing. It has been a huge surprise to me that it ended up to be such a well-loved story, with so many loyal readers. In turn, I started to have more fun with it than I ever thought and I believe it shows. In turn, my own fun hopefully makes the story more fun for all of you as well.

13) And finally, do you ever fear having to introduce a character near the end of the story and not having time to develop them?

No, I am positive that I will manage to develop every character in some way. There will be characters who will be minor, compared to the others, but I hope to show every characters personality in the way the submitter intended them to be. I am not yet sure when I can introduce each character, but I hope to have introduced them all by the time Act 2 of Book 3 ends, which should give me a lot of time to develop all of them.

Alright, let my question Blitzkrieg BEGIN!!!!!! 1) Do you tend to like characters when they are submitted or later as you develop them?

• [Try to search Shortwood's room] Hey, if he's going to pay, let him pay.

The Frostborn's grey eyes kind of creeps me out. Don't know why, it just does.

Edrick Without his weapons, Edrick felt almost naked as he and his small group entered the courtyard. It was a relatively narrow one, but

• [Talk to Shortwood and send Torrence to search his room]

• What can i say? I'm an interesting guy ;)

Bounden posted: »

These are some interesting questions.

• Well you were faster than my blitz.

7) I might have. I had the same deja vu. Still i asked because if i did, i forgot the answer.

8) Sorry, i shoul've been clearer. I meant if you planned to end it in a way simmilar to a prequel (hinting at the originals events) or end it as its own story. The rest of the answer was fine.

11) No!!! I would NEVER question the quality of this story. Infact, at the risk of angering the Holy church of George R. Martin, i believe the quality of you story is EQUAL to his..........................if this was my last comment then they didn't forgive that statement.......l

12) Oh, sorry. I forgot i'm the only crazy one. After all, i was the one that told you it would..............seriously. If you don't remember look back. I even told you you would get a huge fanbase by naming your story 'Forum' ;).

Well well. It seems it was innefective. Never mind these are only the first in a full scale armada of questions. There will be nowhere to hide from my inquieries, nowhere to escape from my countless questioning conundrums. Never again will the boat of knowladge and logic keep you safe, as i eternallly drown you in an OCEAN of doubt. Forever trapped in your own lack of resoutions. MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ps: Don't ask why i suddenly decided to turn evil in the end there, it just sort of happened.

1) Do you tend to like characters when they are submitted or later as you develop them? It's a bit of both, always depending on the

• Negotiation he says... Some favor for a favor bullshit.

[Talk to shortwood and send Torrence to his room] There's little chance of being caught if we're talking to him.

Edrick Without his weapons, Edrick felt almost naked as he and his small group entered the courtyard. It was a relatively narrow one, but

• [Talk to Shortwood and send Torrence to search his room]

• edited June 2016

Why not both?

[Talk to Shortwood and send Torrence to search his room]

RT:

• I really like the presentation of the big,and "happy",Frostborn family!I'm really curious of what they want from our heroes (maybe is something related to "Bloodroar"?)

• I like that you use this Drent part to give more relevance to Torrence making us readers know more of his relationship with the sister and the origins of the Bernile duo

• I love Darreth so much. Too bad his flirting failed but he's stubborn so who knows :p. I'm glad you've really managed to portray him just as I imagined. When I was creating him it was really important to me that he wasn't like most squires. Great job Liquid!

• While I am still far away from catching up, it makes sense even without knowing the situation and the characters that one distracts someone while searching his room to avoid an early return.

[Talk to Shortwood and send Torrence to search his room]

Although ofc there is a possibility some trap is protecting the belongings

Sign in to comment in this discussion.