The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Civ 5 pwns. I love it.

17 minutes left in the Steam Summer Sale, I'm going to get Left 4 Dead 2 and Subnaticua. EDIT: Changed my mind for the Bioshock Trilogy, also got Civilization V.

• Indeed.

TheFurryOne posted: »

It is.

• It was when he announced that Osama Bin Laden had been killed.

captainivy1 posted: »

Just out of pure curiosity, I do not expect you to know this, but is that really Barack Obama kickin' that door? And under what circumstances? And who's dead? Thank you.

• If I'm only moderately interested in the direction Halo is headed in after Halo 4 onward, would it be worth it to buy Halo 5 on sale for $30?

• Have you tried lazerdrive.io?

• It's not under Telltale. They're only publishing the PS4 and XBOne versions of the game. The PC version is still published through Steam Early Access by the developers The Fun Pimps since 2013.

Still part of telltale though, it's under thier games up the top ^

• Ive not seen bugles in england since the mid 90s

Bugles have been gone where you are? I've purchased like 30 bags in the past 3 months, they never really went away here.

• It has some really good multiplayer, some okay gameplay and a forgettable ending. It still has some amazing music like the rest of the series, but it's not as good as the first 4 games or Reach, I'd say wait until it's like 10 bucks on sale.

If I'm only moderately interested in the direction Halo is headed in after Halo 4 onward, would it be worth it to buy Halo 5 on sale for $30?

• That's really fucking weird.

Ive not seen bugles in england since the mid 90s

• edited July 2016

Eh, I played it several times at a friend's house before. Halo 5 was better than 4, but that's not saying much. 5 has better multiplayer, kind of a mix of old school and new school. Everyone starts with the same weapons and Armor Abilities are gone now so it's a lot more balanced and less random, the only AA's that everyone gets is Sprinting and the Thruster Pack which is helpful during some moments where you have to dodge or escape an enemy to let your shields regenerate (shields don't come back while you're sprinting and takes longer to come back if you do so). The weapons are a lot better now, especially the Promethean weapons because tbh they pretty much sucked in H4 except for maybe the Saw and Scatter Shot. The good ol' BR is back and it feels a lot like the H2 BR, which is a plus. Sniping seems to be around the same level of difficulty as H4 but maybe slightly more difficult, still pretty easy though. I remember using the Beam Rifle for a bit and it wasn't as easy to no scope people as it was in H4, or maybe because I didn't get to use it much in H5 but I remember that it was extremely easy to no scope with it in H4. I played it like maybe a few months after it's release date and I remember that the only downfall to the multiplayer was that I kept playing the same 3-4 maps over and over and they all pretty much looked the same, but maybe there's a lot more maps now and new game modes.

If you're more into the story, I didn't play the story much, but I heard that the story could have been done better and it really wasn't like how they advertised it in commercials. I saw the ending and it wasn't that great either... But overall I say that it's better than H4, but not even close to H2 or H3 for multiplayer. But if you're a huge fan of Halo than you'll enjoy this one, and especially since it's not random as all hell like H4 was. For $30 bucks, I'd say sure, would be worth if it you just want to play some multiplayer and have some fun while killing time. I'd get the MCC over H5 if you haven't gotten that already, though.

If I'm only moderately interested in the direction Halo is headed in after Halo 4 onward, would it be worth it to buy Halo 5 on sale for $30?

• Nobody seems to like the songs I post in the music thread... Do I have like terrible taste in music or something?

• Happy Fourth of July!

Too bad it's been raining a lot, although some fireworks the neighbors let out were smoking;' (literally and figuratively)/

• What type of music do you like? I never go in that thread the amount of videos crash my phone

Nobody seems to like the songs I post in the music thread... Do I have like terrible taste in music or something?

• Im sorry man, I traveled across the country once to see rancid and that gig was cancelled so I know your pain

Well, I travelled about 70 miles to see Flight of the Conchords in concert, only for the show to be cancelled 4 hours before! So I have no stories to tell

• As a Halo Fanboy, I feel qualified to give you the run down...

Halo 5's story is pretty good, and it expands on the Halo Lore a good bit.The campaign it's self is kind of reminiscent of Halo 2's Campaign with the whole two protagonists and cliff hanger thing going for them, but it doesn't go like you'd think. There are far more levels with Locke's team than Master Chief's, and you fight the same damn boss 9 times. Sometimes multiple times during a single level, and it gets old fast. Also worth mentioning is that the whole "Locke vs Chief" thing leads absolutely no where. The commercials for the game made it seem like the whole game was going to lead up to a "Lock vs Chief" battle or something, but no. They fight one time and it's through a cut-scene. Took me around eight hours to beat playing on Heroic by myself. Overall, the Campaign is fun, but disappointing. I'd talk about Forge, but it's...complex now. I don't really know what I'm doing in it, anymore. Mst I can do is spawn a bunch of random stuff, and dick around with it.

The multiplayer is fantastic, in my opinion. Grifball and Infection are personal favorites of mine, and it's an absolute hoot playing it with friends. Only bad thing about Multiplayer is the lack of my favorite game type. Action Sack. Fuckin' love Action Sack. 343i updates multiplayer relatively regularly with new game types. A con to the game is that if unfortunately has micro-transactions. There are Gold, Silver, and Bronze "REQ" packs that give you a random assortment of items ranging from: Armor abilities, armor, vehicles, weapons, and multiplayer boosts. You have to buy these packs by using "REQ Points" which is gained by playing multiplayer matches. You can also get REQ Cards by ranking up, completing challenges, and on occasion, 343i just kind of gives you one. I personally don't have much of a problem with this, but I know lots of others who do.

Honestly, I'd recommend it, but if you're still pretty shaky about it, I say wait until it goes down some more. $20-$25 maybe.

• Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Phidel, etc. Generally, strong female artists. It seems the only songs people like on that thread are rock, punk, or metal (which I completely have no interest in).

What type of music do you like? I never go in that thread the amount of videos crash my phone

• It's not that you have terrible taste in music. Nobody has terrible taste in music, but you have different taste in music than most of the people on the forums it would seem. It's not a bad thing, and you shouldn't feel ashamed in your taste of music just because it's different from what the people around you like. Keep on posting your music. :)

Nobody seems to like the songs I post in the music thread... Do I have like terrible taste in music or something?

• Yeah im more into punk and metal myself and im not a fan of the names I recognised, it doesn't mean you have bad taste though the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same stuff and i respect your right to like whatever music you want, even though im giggling to myself because for ages i thought lorde was invented for southpark and everytime i hear about her i have a chuckle.

I wonder why telltale attracts metalheads and punkrockers lol.

Taylor Swift, Lorde, Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Phidel, etc. Generally, strong female artists. It seems the only songs people like on that thread are rock, punk, or metal (which I completely have no interest in).

• Happy 4th to all! Say, I have some pretty cool news, and this seems like a good place to share it. For any of you who have enjoyed composer Jared Emerson-Johnson's contributions to the world of game music (as in, plenty of the Telltale Games soundtracks), I'm pleased to share that he is actually one of the composers honored on a new tribute album entitled "American Pixels." The project has been in the works for five years, just hit Kickstarter today for the funding push, and showcases none other than a pretty cool (if I can say so myself) remix of the "City Streets" theme from Sam and Max Season One.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1265656914/american-pixels-a-game-music-tribute-album-by-maze

That's it from me; enjoy the rest of your holiday everyone.

• edited July 2016

Anyone going to the Aircraft Show in the Miramar Naval Base in Cali (From September 23)?

• Thanks. I actually watched that episode and had a laugh myself. I completely forgot South Park parodied her. XD

Yeah im more into punk and metal myself and im not a fan of the names I recognised, it doesn't mean you have bad taste though the world woul

• I'm extremely disappointed I can't get a beer hat in GTA Online.

• My condolences! That sounds worse than my experience by a mile.

Im sorry man, I traveled across the country once to see rancid and that gig was cancelled so I know your pain

• I'm celebrating 4th of July by playing Dark Souls II at home alone, sad and depressed while eating egg rolls and waiting for my family to return. Because nothing screams "Murica" like playing a Japanese game taking place in a foreign land while eating Chinese food. Although it's better than celebrating a country that's so fucked that I'm surprised it's not charging fate, Trump and Clinton with multiple charges of statutory rape.

America, fuck yeah?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Doing a quick check on youtube shows that someone edited a original video where he just walks out the door, i don't know exactly how they did it but they did a good job making it look real.

enter link description here

captainivy1 posted: »

Just out of pure curiosity, I do not expect you to know this, but is that really Barack Obama kickin' that door? And under what circumstances? And who's dead? Thank you.

• Yea, that's what I thought. Couldn't think of another person whom have died that Obama would kick the door.

lupinb0y posted: »

It was when he announced that Osama Bin Laden had been killed.

• Wow. Would never've seen that. Nice to know, thank you!

OzzyUK posted: »

Doing a quick check on youtube shows that someone edited a original video where he just walks out the door, i don't know exactly how they did it but they did a good job making it look real. enter link description here

• i cant seem to fid the liberator monster truck i did get the usa motorbike ive waited a year for i wanted a beer hat too

I'm extremely disappointed I can't get a beer hat in GTA Online.

• so i come back on and notice a lot of people have been banned must have missed something again

• [removed]

so i come back on and notice a lot of people have been banned must have missed something again

• edited July 2016

You can! Under special hats

These were on even before 4th July, I bought one a few month back for my character

enter image description here

I'm extremely disappointed I can't get a beer hat in GTA Online.

• Why's it always the same people too? I'm literally not on for a day and everyone is banned again

so i come back on and notice a lot of people have been banned must have missed something again

• Temporary bans are more of a timeout if anything. I've rarely seen anyone learn from their mistakes after they're unbanned.

Why's it always the same people too? I'm literally not on for a day and everyone is banned again

• edited July 2016

Never been banned. Mainly (no offense to anyone) because i'm not an idiot, I'm not offensive in a swearing or racist way to people and I dont post stuff that will make me banned or anything that dictates a ban.

IM A GOOD BOY So ima pat myself on the back

Temporary bans are more of a timeout if anything. I've rarely seen anyone learn from their mistakes after they're unbanned.

• Really? I went to the store and I didn't see any under the special hats.

You can! Under special hats These were on even before 4th July, I bought one a few month back for my character

• I've rarely seen anyone learn from their mistakes after they're unbanned

Temporary bans are more of a timeout if anything. I've rarely seen anyone learn from their mistakes after they're unbanned.

• Hmm well I've got them on my Xbox account, I just went to the mask shop on the beach and went to the hat part. I wanted to find a new hat, was scrolling through and saw it there. I didn't buy it but I know it was there

Really? I went to the store and I didn't see any under the special hats.

• How long does it take for a Gravatar to change?

• From my experience, at least 2-3 minutes the most.

Also, I can see your new avatar now. ^^

BeyondEnder posted: »

How long does it take for a Gravatar to change?

• I know. Finally it changed.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

From my experience, at least 2-3 minutes the most. Also, I can see your new avatar now. ^^

Sign in to comment in this discussion.