Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Search for Kreep at the town square]

[Remain in the taproom]

• edited July 2016

[Search for Kreep at the town square] not because I think he isn't smart, but I am curious of the execution from many different perspectives.

[Remain in the taproom] Let's allow Torrence to do his job.

Ilish “So, when are we going to start?”, Jarow asked enthusiastically, while Philip looked on with grim disapproval. Ilish should have se

• [Search for Kreep at the fair] He may come across as odd but I agree with the assumption that Kreep is smart. He'd definitely try to save Wolfius if he could but that just doesn't seem possible to me. Especially since he's in Raylansfair on his own (as far as we can tell).

[Remain in the taproom] I just don't see why John would care. Plus I actually want Torrence to suceed.

It's shameful how long it took me to figure out that was Drent's group. XD

Ilish “So, when are we going to start?”, Jarow asked enthusiastically, while Philip looked on with grim disapproval. Ilish should have se

• edited July 2016

[Search for Kreep at the town square]

[Remain in the taproom]

• edited July 2016

[Search for Kreep at the town square]

[Follow the soldier]

• [Search for Kreep at the fair] I don't know if this is the best choice but let's believe that Kreep is "smart"

[Follow the soldier] This choice will obviously lead to much more interesting consequences

RT:

• I like the part inside the fair and the small glimpse we have of the characters hat work inside it
    • Lord Jarow never stop to show inside the fic who is the true lord of all Westeros!
    • I have a question,if Ilish decide to don't check the town square we obviously still shall have a PoV inside it right? Since I think that the execution will probably happen,if nothing stop it,during these chapter
    • About John part I'm really curious to discover who Daghan was talking about the high ranking officer.
    • Finally Aegon is goin to declare war! the first step of the War of Conquest!XD
    • Still talking about the war if I'm not mistaken you foreshadow a very important choice that john group should do.

• not going to the town square however means less people capable of stopping the kid saving his father to be there :p

[Search for Kreep at the fair] I don't know if this is the best choice but let's believe that Kreep is "smart" [Follow the soldier] This

• I like the part inside the fair and the small glimpse we have of the characters hat work inside it

Glad you liked it :) Depending on the choice that wins, it won't be the last glimpse we get of them in this chapter.

Lord Jarow never stop to show inside the fic who is the true lord of all Westeros!

Indeed! The Lord of Bridges is always ready to help smallfolk in need. If this was a high-fantasy story, he'd be a righteous knight, a defender of the weak and downtrodden and a champion of justice. Unfortunately for him, since this story is set in Westeros, he is a shell-shocked and delusional war veteran who lives under a bridge instead.

I have a question,if Ilish decide to don't check the town square we obviously still shall have a PoV inside it right? Since I think that the execution will probably happen,if nothing stop it,during these chapter

Yes, I can confirm there will be a PoV at the execution in any case. Since the city guard is involved, Arthur is a strong possibility to be this PoV, though Lyria is another possibility.

About John part I'm really curious to discover who Daghan was talking about the high ranking officer.

This is a question that will be answered reasonably soon, as the officer's first appearance in the story is not too far away.

Finally Aegon is goin to declare war! the first step of the War of Conquest!XD

Oh yes. I actually regret that I don't have a PoV close to the kings of Westeros at the moment, as I'd love to show their reactions. Especially Harren's reaction is probably priceless. Though the aftermath of Aegon declaring war will be shown in one of the coming chapters.

Still talking about the war if I'm not mistaken you foreshadow a very important choice that john group should do.

Hm, I'm not entirely sure if I know what you mean. Could you explain? Or, if you fear it might be a spoiler for the rest, you could send me a message.

[Search for Kreep at the fair] I don't know if this is the best choice but let's believe that Kreep is "smart" [Follow the soldier] This

• PoV near kings - traveling Somnos

I like the part inside the fair and the small glimpse we have of the characters hat work inside it Glad you liked it Depending on t

• edited July 2016

Yes, I can confirm there will be a PoV at the execution in any case. Since the city guard is involved, Arthur is a strong possibility to be this PoV, though Lyria is another possibility.

Each of them seems really good choice for a PoV (since Arthur is the one that bring Wolfius to prison while Lyra is the first person that meet the killer inside the fic)

Oh yes. I actually regret that I don't have a PoV close to the kings of Westeros at the moment, as I'd love to show their reactions. Especially Harren's reaction is probably priceless. Though the aftermath of Aegon declaring war will be shown in one of the coming chapters.

Mmm about this I have an idea!I shall send you a PM about it

Hm, I'm not entirely sure if I know what you mean. Could you explain? Or, if you fear it might be a spoiler for the rest, you could send me a message.

I don't think that what I write could led to some spoiler,however just to be sure I shall answer you with a PM

I like the part inside the fair and the small glimpse we have of the characters hat work inside it Glad you liked it Depending on t

• **[Search for Kreep at the town square]

[Follow the soldier]**

Ah perfect I came back to the right time for a chapter with Daghan! X)

• The Voting is closed!

Ilish is going to search for Kreep at the town square

John is going to follow the soldier

The first choice is going to change a lot about Ilish's storyline in the remaining chapter. She's going to have at least one more part, likely two, and they will be changed completely now that she is leaving the fair. John meanwhile... well, I can confirm the soldier here is indeed Torrence, which means he's probably going to get him into trouble. How much trouble is something I'm going to show in Drent's next part, which I'm already pretty excited for.

For now, I'll try to finish the next part today, though you may have to wait until tomorrow. It will be a part from Raenna's PoV, though I am still undecided about potentially adding a second PoV into it, which I'm probably going to decide spontaneously. The last time we saw Raenna, she travelle through the Reach, following Ellena, Noelle and Marak. She was accompanied by Terroma of course, but also by Brandon, Ando and Davith, whom she had freed in Chapter 6, as well as Abbas and Bakr, the Ghiscari slavers, who have agreed to help. During the journey, it became apparent that Terroma's wound has grown worse. While he wanted to push on, Raenna sided with Davith, who argued that they had to rest for a while.

• I don't understand why everyone would vote to give Torrence a chance then vote for something that would likely result in him failing.

• DOWN WITH THE STORMLANDERS

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't understand why everyone would vote to give Torrence a chance then vote for something that would likely result in him failing.

• “Melylea”, she said to gain the blind woman's attention. “Have you seen the others? Ulaf, Irnas, or Gilbar?”

^ Can't say I'd ask a blind person that buy hey what'dya know? XD

Looks like all the choices are the same I would've done. Sorry for missing it :P

The Voting is closed! Ilish is going to search for Kreep at the town square John is going to follow the soldier The first choice is

• I guess some would like to see Torrence failing at his task. Even giving him this task in general is actually a risk of some sorts, as Montclair mentioned it, it already means twice the chance of failure. Wether or not this decision actually screws Torrence over is also something that remains to be seen. Torrence is not a complete screw-up and not without skills, though the presence of John is going to make things a lot harder for him. It also remains to be seen if this is a good thing, as he currently tries to find out more about Ian Shortwood, who has been quite enigmatic and not necessarily the most trustworthy character so far. His failure might be a bad thing for characters completely unrelated to the Stormlands. That said, it will lead to interesting consequences for sure.

I don't understand why everyone would vote to give Torrence a chance then vote for something that would likely result in him failing.

• Oh my god, I haven't even noticed this! It was an accident, I swear! Man, I feel terrible now XD

Stigz_52 posted: »

“Melylea”, she said to gain the blind woman's attention. “Have you seen the others? Ulaf, Irnas, or Gilbar?” ^ Can't say I'd ask a b

• I'm sure she's holding back the tears right now, planning her vengeance to restore order to the Blind Cult! Shame on you Liquid, shame, shame, shame. XD

Oh my god, I haven't even noticed this! It was an accident, I swear! Man, I feel terrible now XD

• Because it's more interesting.

• edited July 2016

Like other readers already said this choice can lead to interesting consequences,then it's true that this choice can lead to make Torrence fail but there is some chance that the Stormlanders PoV will only gain advantage from this situation (discover that some mercenaries (aka John and co.) stop our heroes to do their task can lead to discover that a knight (aka Daghan) working for the Targaryens hired them and this discover can lead to identify the spy that is working for Aegon inside the Raylainsfair castle (aka Saerya))

• edited July 2016

SHAME

Stigz_52 posted: »

I'm sure she's holding back the tears right now, planning her vengeance to restore order to the Blind Cult! Shame on you Liquid, shame, shame, shame. XD

• edited July 2016

Raenna

“Let me have a look at it”, Raenna said softly, as she sat down next to Terroma. He was leaning against a tree, his face grimacing with pain, as he tried to change his bandages. In the dim light of the setting sun and the recently lit campfire, he seemed paler than usual. It was a good thing she had insisted on resting. While Terroma was not happy about it, it was the best thing for him as well. She doubted he wanted to die. Though his path could be called suicidal, she knew his actions were only motivated out of worry for Ellena. And her own actions were motivated out of worry for him.

“Fine...”, Terroma mumbled and removed his hand from his bandaged side. Raenna glanced at it and clenched her teeth as she saw that the bandages were soaked with blood. When she touched them, she noticed they were hard and the blood on them already dry. “This is going to hurt”, she warned him, as she carefully started to remove the bandages.

Terroma let out a groan of discomfort, though he successfully suppressed a pained scream. “There we go”, Raenna said softly, as she finished removing the bandages, before she took a look at the wound itself. She failed to suppress a sigh of relief. The wound wasn't deep, it wasn't bleeding anymore and it probably wasn't infected.

“How do you feel?”, she asked. Terroma pressed his lips together and avoided to look at her. “Like shit”, he answered, lacking his usual eloquence. Raenna pulled out a fresh set of bandages from the small satchel that lay next to her. “Understandable”, she answered. “Your wound is...”

“It's not the wound”, Terroma cut her off and his voice sounded stronger than she had expected from a man in his condition. He sighed and it seemed to her as if his remaining youth would fade instantly. “I lied to her”, he whispered. “I used her. Gave her false hope”

“Ellena?”, Raenna asked and Terroma gave her a nod. He groaned, as she started to wrap the bandages around his chest. “You like her”, she stated and again, Terroma gave her a nod. “I never had children of my own”, he answered. “But she... and you...” He glanced at her, with regret. “It's true. I feel close to her. I want to give her the life she deserves”, he admitted. “But still, I also used her. I hoped that she would bring me closer to Clayton”

“Doesn't change the fact that you care for her”, Raenna tried to console him. “You have a good heart. You care for others. You gave me a direction, a purpose, in a time I desperately needed one. You made her life better”

Briefly, a smile flashed across Terroma's face, before he shook his head. “She trusted me and I failed to protect her”, he muttered. “And you” This time, Raenna raised an eyebrow. “You have protected me when I needed your protection, Old Man”, she insisted. “Now... I'm not in danger. There's nothing you need to protect me from”

“This Harrington...”, Terroma whispered and Raenna tensed up as he mentioned the name. “Samuel”, she corrected him gently. “What about him?” Terroma sighed. “How do you feel about him?”, he asked in return. Now, Raenna gulped. How did she feel? “I believe it is a little early to say”, she answered. “It's... a connection”

“That's because he gives you a familiar taste”, Terroma spoke. “A life you wanted to leave behind. It's tempting to go back to what you know, to continue on a familiar path. But you... you have dreams, you are destined for greater things, sweet Raenna. And when I heard you've left your old life behind, I... have been so proud of you” Now, a weak smile formed on his face. “You have to follow your dreams, have to work to make them real. How else can they become?”

With a slight lump in her throat, Raenna finished bandaging his wound. Before she could answer, Terroma continued, his voice hushed, but conscious. “I know how you feel”, he claimed. “Harrington lives the life you wanted to leave behind. He's like you. That makes him tempting, but dangerous”

“I don't think Samuel is dangerous to me”, Raenna insisted and Terroma shook his head. “Especially to you”, he insisted. “He's very much like I have been. Perhaps we're still alike. Because of that, I know what he is” His kind smile faded, replaced by an underlying sorrow. “He is a wolf”, he explained. “Always hungry, living from one meal to the next, from one mission to the next. It's always just another kill for him, walking down a path that will lead him to an early grave” He looked away from her, while she still focussed solely on him. “Do you want to run with the wolves for the rest of your life?”, he asked.

Now, she followed his glance and saw Brandon Snow approaching. Tall and lean, with a long, gaunt face, the fire reflected in his grey eyes and gave him something wolfishly handsome. “Apologies”, he said calmly. “I wanted to make sure everything is alright”

“Are you worried, Ser?”, Raenna asked and forced herself to smirk at him. He reciprocated the gesture, showing his teeth in the darkness, though his eyes displayed something that seemed to be genuine worry. “Of course I am”, he admitted and looked at Terroma. “You saved us. Both of you and I am indebted”

“I already feel much better”, Terroma revealed. “I have survived worse and I don't intend to die from such a scratch” Brandon narrowed his eyes and knelt down next to them, glancing at the bandages. “No one intends to die from a mere scratch, Ser. When it comes to our time of dying, we all want to go out as heroes”, he said calmly. “Yet for every man that achieves such a feat, a hundred lay dead in his way, butchered so that he can get a hero's death”

“Wise words for a sellsword”, Terroma admitted and Brandon gave him a nod. “I'm full of surprises”, he revealed cryptically, before he looked over his shoulder, where Davith and Ando were sitting next to the campfire. Briar was lying behind Ando, her eyes closed and her breath calm and Raenna had to smile as she saw her sleeping safely. Never again would anyone try to harm the girl, she would make sure of that. The priestess wanted to murder her in exchange for Ellena, but Raenna knew Terroma would never accept such a deal.

“You should join us”, Brandon offered. “Davith has brought something to drink with him from Oldtown and he's willing to share it with us, while we're waiting for the Ghiscari to return. A bit of company can only be good for you”

“Speaking of, they've been gone for a long time”, Raenna remarked. “How hard can it be to find something to hunt in these forests?” Brandon shrugged. “Might not be their usual prey”, he growled. Raenna was about to answer, when a pained groan from Terroma caused her to spin around in surprise. She gasped and rushed to his aid, as she saw Terroma trying to stand up by himself. Though he did not need the help, he seemed to appreciate it regardless.

“We should get you to a healer”, she insisted. Terroma shook his head and with a handwave, he stopped Brandon from helping him as well. “I'm fine”, he claimed. “Give me a good night of rest and tomorrow I'll be fine again” Brandon raised an eyebrow. “Fine enough to face that bodyguard Samuel mentioned?”, he asked and Terroma gave him a determined nod. “Fine enough to face the whole world, if necessary”, he growled.

As he said this, they arrived at the campfire, where Davith and Ando made room for them. Brandon sat down next to Ando, while Raenna took seat between him and Terroma. Wordlessly, though with a charming smile, Davith handed her a bottle. “I took this from Mullendore's personal stock when I quit the city guard”, he revealed. “Seems fitting that we drink at his expense”

Raenna gave him a nod and rose the bottle. “To our dreams”, she said, smiling at Terroma. “May they all come true” Then, she took a deep gulp and had to cough, as the liquid turned out way stronger than expected. Brandon chuckled, before he took the bottle from her. He waited a moment, looked around and rose it. “To the North”, he proclaimed. “May it prosper, may it prevail. May it be prepared, for winter is coming”

“A sellsword and a patriot”, Raenna said with a soft smile. “It's quite an odd combination” Brandon shook his head, while he took a gulp from the bottle. “Not at all, mylady”, he claimed. “One can fight for coin and still love the place he grew up in. Northern blood runs through my veins. I may work for anyone, but never would I do something that harms my home”

With these words, he passed the bottle to Ando. The red-haired man hesitated for a moment and Brandon gave him a subtle nod. Then, he rose the bottle. “To the children”, he said, his words merely a soft whisper, so that he wouldn't wake Briar behind him. “May they sleep soundly”

Davith took the bottle thankfully. “To justice”, he finally said. “May those who harm the innocent pay for their crimes. May the Father judge them justly” He took a deep gulp and Raenna noticed that Terroma had tensed up at Davith's words. When the young man offered him the bottle, he initially shook his head. “I don't want to drink”, he said.

While Davith gave him a nod, Raenna put a soft hand onto his shoulder. “You should”, she urged him. “It dulls the senses. Helps with the pain” Terroma still hesitated and she smiled at him, knowing that it would be good for him to drink something, if only so that he would get something else to think about.

“It'll be good for you. Do it for me, father”, she said and only then did she realize what she just said. Terroma's eyes widened, just as her own did. Then, the smile she loved so much formed on his face. “Of course, little Raenna”, he said lovingly and finally reached for the bottle. “To family”, he said. “The one we were born into and the one we choose”

As he said this, Raenna thought of her mother and of her silver-haired father, of the uncle she learned to fear and of the cousin she never knew. She thought of Terroma and of Kersea and strangely enough, she also thought of Clayton. If Terroma was her father, if Kersea was her sister, then Clayton was her brother of some sorts. Once, in a time that had long since passed, she had even been fond of him. Perhaps it was just the shockingly strong alcohol, but the thought of facing him, it made her feel uneasy. He hadn't always been the man he was today.

With a heavy heart, she looked at Davith, who sat in front of her. “There's something I'm curious about”, she said with a look at his weapons. She knew, she needed something to break the silence, before she would get lost in her own memories. “Ask ahead”, he offered with a smile. “It's about your weapons”, she specified. “A longsword, a dothraki arakh and these two hatchets. Odd combination”

“Ah, yes”, Davith said with a smirk. “You see, only the longsword is mine. The arakh belongs to an acquaintance of mine, Sasha. She's rather fond of that weapon” He put a hand onto the hatchets. “These belong to Sammy, her friend of some sorts”, he continued to explain. “She's quite something. Brave, compassionate, smart and with a healthy sense of humour. A pretty as the first sun in spring”

“Sounds like a crush”, Ando remarked and Davith glared at him. “It's not a crush”, he claimed, though he fooled no one, especially as the setting sun failed to hide his blushing cheeks. “Besides, I believe she's more into Sasha than me”

“Then why do you drag her stuff all over the Reach?”, Ando continued to ask and Davith muttered something unintelligible. Brandon raised an eyebrow, while Ando chuckled. “What was that, Davith?”, he asked, gently teasing him, while the other man blushed vividly. “It's called common decency”, he finally spat. “She's fond of that weapon, so I'm returning it to her. What's it to you?”

“Stop teasing him, Ando”, Raenna urged him with a smile and even Terroma smirked. “Have you never been in the situation where you wanted to be with someone but never could?” Ando gave her a nod. “Guess you're right...”, he said and sighed. “Met her before I travelled south with Brandon. She was a farmer's girl. Hair like molten copper and the best teats I've ever seen” He smiled. “I wanted to stay with her, but I had my duty”

“Perhaps you can return to her once we're done here”, Brandon offered. Ando nodded, before he rolled his eyes. “Great”, he said sarcastically. “Now you've jinxed it” Both Northerners chuckled, before Ando looked at Raenna. “And in your case?”, he asked. “Who was it for you? The one that got away, I mean”

In the distance, a wolf howled and Raenna stared into the fire. “It was during a mission in Volantis. I was fourteen”, she answered. “He was... at least five years older, a sailor from Tyrosh. I was too young to realize what he was really after, but back then I thought I loved him” A smile formed on her face, as she remembered the few, happy days they had shared, over half a decade ago. “He gave me my first glass of wine and my first kiss, though not more. Eventually, Terroma found me, having finished his mission. I was drunken out of my mind and barely remember what happened then”

She noticed that Terroma was smiling as well. “I remember the story a bit better”, he explained. “It was clear to see that this lecherous arse was only after one thing, so I've been wary from the day you met him. When you wrote me a letter, told me you would run away with him to become a sailor, I knew I had to intervene”

Raenna narrowed her eyes. “I can't even remember that”, she answered truthfully and Terroma chuckled. “Doesn't surprise me. You've just been introduced to alcohol and you made the same mistake as everyone else. It surprises me you can remember the week at all, considering how wasted you have been when I finally found you”

This statement caused Davith to laugh loudly. “Must have been quite the sight”, he chuckled. Terroma raised a finger. “It gets better”, he promised. “I had to carry her through Volantis, back to our ship” He looked at Raenna, with feigned sternness. “You ruined my finest vest and a nice pair of boots”, he revealed. “And when you were finally sober again, you were so upset that I took you away from your 'true love', that you refused to speak to me all the way back to Braavos”

“Well...”, Raenna mumbled, quickly glancing on the ground, while her cheeks turned red. “I mean... I've been young. Foolish. That what you want to hear?” Terroma laughed and a spark of joy formed in his eyes. “You have been right, sweet Raenna”, he said and took another gulp from Davith's bottle. “This is good for me” His joy caused her embarrassment to vanish and she smiled at him.

The joy was gone the moment she heard the rustling in the bushes behind Davith. Terroma heard it as well and then Brandon. The Northerner gave them a sign to remain seated, while he rose from the ground. “Who's there?”, he growled.

“Behold!”, a familiar voice sounded and Raenna rolled her eyes, as Bakr al-Astapori broke through the underbrush. He was holding his large, bearded axe in one hand, while he carried a grown boar in the other. “The mighty Ghiscari! Victorious over the beasts of the west!”, he proclaimed at the top of his lungs. Behind him, Abbas walked into her field of view.

“You found a boar?”, Davith stated the obvious and Bakr gave him a nod. “We did!”, he said in a jolly tone. “No prey can evade my sharp eyes” He let go of the dead animal and it fell right in front of Davith, who jumped back a bit. Raenna's eyes fell upon the deep cut on the boar's neck. “You hunted a boar with your axe?”, she asked.

“Bakr hunts all kinds of game with his axe”, Abbas said with a sinister smirk and Bakr nodded with enthusiasm. “You!”, he said and pointed his axe at Davith. “I require you to skin the boar and to prepare the meal, for I am hungry!”

Bakr's screaming finally caused Briar to wake up from her slumber. The girl opened her eyes and yawned loudly. Immediately, Ando put a hand onto her shoulder and Raenna stepped closer to them, leaving Bakr and Davith to argue about who had to prepare the food. “Have you slept well?”, Ando asked and Briar smiled. “Oh yes”, she answered. “I still wish Uncle Maron could be here with us though... he's following later, yes?” Ando gave her a nod. “I promise”, he said, though he and Raenna exchanged a grim look.

Finally, Briar's eyes fell upon the dead boar and she gasped. “What... what happened to him?”, she asked with large eyes. Ando gulped. “Uh... you see... this boar, it...”, he stuttered. “I believe Raenna can explain it a lot better. “Me?”, Raenna exclaimed. “But I...” She sighed. “Thank you, Ando”, she hissed, before she smiled at Briar. “This boar, you see... it was... uh... it fell” Seven Hells, she had always been bad with children. It wasn't that she did not like them, she just had no talent of dealing with them.

Briar did not look convinced. “There's a cut in its neck”, she stated and Raenna audibly cleared her throat. “It... uh... fell into an axe...”, she stuttered and Briar raised an eyebrow. Thankfully, her gaze fell upon something that was able to save her. “I think I have to see what they are up to. Ando will explain the rest”, she said, as she spotted Abbas talking to Terroma and Brandon. Terroma's earlier joy was gone, replaced by a determined glare.

She left Ando to deal with Briar, as she approached the men. Terroma noticed her and looked up, while Abbas smiled at her, not unfriendly, but cold at the same time. “Is everything alright?”, she asked and Abbas gave her a nod. “We found a trail”, he revealed. “A mile in that direction. They can't be far and I believe they have a camp nearby”

“We follow them”, Terroma decided. “Perhaps we can surprise them in their sleep, cut their throats without a fight” Abbas grinned widely, almost like a shark, as he heard these words. “I like the way you think, Braavosi”, he complimented him, though Terroma only glared at him until his grin was gone. “But I agree. We have to follow them now. A small group, to scout the area and to find out where they are. Then, the rest of us follows and attacks them”

“A plan I support”, Terroma agreed and looked at Raenna. She immediately knew what he wanted and she was ready for it. “I'm with you”, she promised. “If you want to, I'm going. I'll find their camp” Abbas politely bowed. “And I will accompany you”, he proclaimed. “After all, you need someone to follow the trails. You won't find anyone better than me, at least not here. And perhaps a third man would be helpful as well. Despite his size, Bakr would be the best choice for this”

“So that she's alone with two your kind, Ghiscari?”, Brandon growled and Abbas raised his eyebrows. “What do you mean, Snow?”, he spat in return and the men glared at each other. “Don't try to fool me, slaver”, the Northerner snarled. “I know the price you'd get for a girl as beautiful as her, over at your rotten city”

“My, my... the northern wolf shows his teeth. What a bold statement”, Abbas hissed. “You're lucky we're on the same side, or else I'd take your tongue for it” His smile returned. “But I believe the choice itself is up to our leader” Terroma had watched their interaction without showing emotion. “A third man could be helpful indeed”, he agreed. “Though, I believe Raenna is the one to make this call” He looked at her, while she looked at Brandon and Abbas. The Ghiscari gave her a nod. “I say, choose Bakr. He can be our backup. He's large, strong and fearless”, Abbas claimed.

“It's your call”, Brandon told her. “Though, know that I am ready for whatever you want me to do. I may not have Bakr's raw strength, but I'm no stranger to combat. The same goes for Ando. You can count on us to support you” He glanced at Davith, who had reluctantly started to skin the deer, while Bakr grinned down at him. “And I believe Davith would also be thankful if you'd take him with you”

[Choose Brandon] [Choose Ando] [Choose Bakr] [Choose Davith]

• [Choose Bakr] Only the strongest, hail the slaver.

Let's see if we even find anyone there.

Raenna “Let me have a look at it”, Raenna said softly, as she sat down next to Terroma. He was leaning against a tree, his face grimacing

• [Choose Bakr] Such a tough choice. While I want Brandon and Raenna to build upon their friendship, we really need Bakr to have a fighting chance against Marak. Bakr has the strength and skill to take on Marak, while I find it likely that Brandon would lose to Marak and all of his fury. Also Bakr can help with tracking down Marak and not get caught as he is an experienced slaver. Davith and Ando should also stay as they are the least skilled fighters out of the group, and Ando should stay with Briar, and Davith has to make dinner. Sorry Brandon, but Bakr gonna go with us.

Raenna “Let me have a look at it”, Raenna said softly, as she sat down next to Terroma. He was leaning against a tree, his face grimacing

• [Choose Brandon] Simply because I like him and would like to see more of him. But I'm fine with any of them really.

Great part, showing some character for everyone in this group. Raenna is one of my favorite PoVs, and his relationship and past with Terroma is interesting. Brandon and Ando both seem to be likable guys, interested to see what exactly will their role be in the future.

• [Choose Brandon] Just because I like a diversified team

RT:

• I really like all the camping fire part
    • Davith is the Jorah of this fanfic!XD
    • I must admit that I agree with Terroma about Raenna x Samuel,that is a type of love story that usually doesn't have an happy ending
    • All the talk that Brandon make about be a patriot and be a wise man make me even more cautious about him,however I'm still curious to know what his,and Ando, role will be inside the future events
    • Abbas and Bakr:Boar hunters! I want an Hollywood movie about two slavers and their heroic quest to slay the Evil Boar King!XD
    • I found funny all the part where Ando and Raenna try to give to Byar an alternative explanation of the boar death!XD

• [Choose Davith] We're only scouting right now and Davith is probably the best at stealth in the group.

• [Choose Brandon]

• [Choose Brandon]

• [Choose Bakr] I personally like Ando the best but having a duo that don't get along are terrible help and destined to cause problems.

• [Choose Bakr] My boy can handle this.

• [Choose Bakr]

• [Choose Bakr]

Just a quick question but will we see The Sphynx again in Book 1?

• [Choose Brandon]

• edited July 2016

Yes, the Sphynx is planned to have another appearance in Book 1 and the same goes for all the other introduced Alley Cats. In case of the Sphynx, he will even return in this chapter.

StarKing789 posted: »

[Choose Bakr] Just a quick question but will we see The Sphynx again in Book 1?

• Ah the Sphynx. Good times, good times.

Since we're on this, are there any characters we might not see at all again at all in Book 1? I feel like you mentioned a few (I have Harren in the back of my mind, might just be me).

Because I would love me some more Dimitri the Wise, all hail.

Yes, the Sphynx is planned to have another appearance in Book 1 and the same goes for all the other introduced Alley Cats. In case of the Sphynx, he will even return in this chapter.

• “I'm full of surprises”

Indeed he is, which is why I think [Choose Brandon] would be a good choice.

I don't know, I don't particularly trust the two Ghiscari and I'd prefer a northern bastard sellsword over two men who come from slaver cities. I don't want to put Davith in danger, nor Ando for that matter either. So I think Brandon would be a suitable choice :D

• Hey guys, I just wanted to say that today is my birthday. I loved reading this story for the past few years and I can't wait to read more of it. Thanks liquid for writing this amazing story and I hope your enjoying it as much as me and the other readers. I've enjoyed getting to read it along with all the other readers and can't wait to see all your reactions for what's to come next.

• Happy birthday! :)

Bounden posted: »

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that today is my birthday. I loved reading this story for the past few years and I can't wait to read more of

• Happy Birthday mate. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Bounden posted: »

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that today is my birthday. I loved reading this story for the past few years and I can't wait to read more of

Sign in to comment in this discussion.