No PS3 Controller support?

edited January 2010 in Wallace & Gromit
Why!?

I mean if you can use a 360 controller, then you should be able to use a PS3 controller.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Why!?

I mean if you can use a 360 controller, then you should be able to use a PS3 controller.

What? You can use a 360 controller on the PC version? Well in that case, why not the wii controller, I mean we have a decent version with wii with monkey island
  • edited January 2010
    roberttis, the ps3 controller dosent connect to the pc.

Gman, the wii remote wont work with the pc, unless you mod your wiimote and sensor bar.
  • edited January 2010
    roberttitus (fixed), the ps3 controller dosent connect to the pc.

WRONG.

As long as you have a Sixaxis Driver the PS3 controller works perfectly.

The only controller that I have found to work is a wired 360 controller (which is bulls***). If you make it compatable with one controller, make it compatable with, at the very least, most.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried the latest version of the driver?
    It claims to be able to emulate an Xbox 360 controller which sounds at least worth a try.
  • edited January 2010
    uuhh, hears the answer to your questions, the games are for windows, which, is made by microsoft, AND oh, the 360, yeah, made by microsoft, and the wired pads have drivers for the windows support, hell its a really easy install, the drivers installed automatically for me, ysee, seeing as the drivers are instantly supported, and the game in question was PORTED to the 360 anyway it wouldnt take 2 seconds to have the pad supported, to get the ps3 pad supported, you would need third party drivers, which is always a dangerous word to self respectin companies, same goes for the wiimote,

also, if youre gona bring up console war fanboyish flaming over being butthurt because youre console is the linux of consoles, dont bring to a PC game forum

[/flame]
  • edited January 2010
    punkmario wrote: »
    uuhh, hears the answer to your questions, the games are for windows, which, is made by microsoft, AND oh, the 360, yeah, made by microsoft, and the wired pads have drivers for the windows support, hell its a really easy install, the drivers installed automatically for me, ysee, seeing as the drivers are instantly supported, and the game in question was PORTED to the 360 anyway it wouldnt take 2 seconds to have the pad supported, to get the ps3 pad supported, you would need third party drivers, which is always a dangerous word to self respectin companies, same goes for the wiimote,

also, if youre gona bring up console war fanboyish flaming over being butthurt because youre console is the linux of consoles, dont bring to a PC game forum

[/flame]

Can you say LONGEST SENTENCE EVER!? It is called a period.... learn to use it.

Not to mention that this has nothing to do with Fanboyism... well it didn't until you came on here.

I just said that it was stupid that you can't use the controller when the damn thing's layouts are incredibly similar.

As a matter of fact, I don't even like the PS3. I just use the controller for my PC games because it has a USB cable that allows me to connect to my PC. So get over yourself.

DjNDB wrote: »
    Have you tried the latest version of the driver?
    It claims to be able to emulate an Xbox 360 controller which sounds at least worth a try.

Actually I hadn't. Thank you very much for this. I will check it out right now =)
  • edited January 2010
    If that doesn't work, you can just get Xpadder.
  • edited January 2010
    You can use the wireless controllers for the pc also.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    PS3 controllers are largely unsupported because there is no official driver for it. Feel free to use Xpadder for it or something though. I don't trust those homebrewed drivers in the slightest.
  • edited January 2010
    Will wrote: »
    PS3 controllers are largely unsupported because there is no official driver for it. Feel free to use Xpadder for it or something though. I don't trust those homebrewed drivers in the slightest.

Y'know... i have never had a problem with it & i have ran rigorous virus scans on my machine 7 have never had anything turn up.

People keep telling me that I should use XPadder. Can somebody explain to me how to get it to work... I had been trying on & off for about a year until I found my Sixaxis Driver but could never figure it out.
  • edited January 2010
    Y'know... i have never had a problem with it & i have ran rigorous virus scans on my machine 7 have never had anything turn up.

People keep telling me that I should use XPadder. Can somebody explain to me how to get it to work... I had been trying on & off for about a year until I found my Sixaxis Driver but could never figure it out.
    Actually, when he means trusting homebrewed drivers, he doesn't necessarily mean viruses. A poorly coded driver could actually lead to corruption of the kernel down the road meaning a fresh install of windows being your only recourse. Essentially, there is no way to know what level of experience or training someone that is creating homebrewed things has, so that would be his suggestion to stay away from them.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2010
    What he said.
  • edited January 2010

To use Xpadder, you just have to have a gamepad that is recognized by your PC, then you can use Xpadder to map the buttons on the keyboard/mouse to buttons on the gamepad (and you can even achieve mouse emulation in order to move the cursor with a joystick or buttons if you desire). It basically functions by letting your gamepad emulate a keyboard and/or mouse, instead of your PC only reading them as gamepad input.
  • edited January 2010
    Why use a controller, I've always felt that the mouse and keyboard is the best way to play this game. If I have to click something, I can just click it, instead of trying to cycle through what I can and cannot click on.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.