The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• you don't have that many likes either tbh.. :p

BeyondEnder posted: »

I looked at some peoples profiles on the MC Story Mode community, and saw that most of them don't have that many likes. Not trying to be rude, but I think it's beacuse they only hang out there.

• My point exactly.

Green613 posted: »

you don't have that many likes either tbh..

• Well, I am only here from the end of 2015. But some people who are here from the same date, have 2-3 likes.

Green613 posted: »

you don't have that many likes either tbh..

• Probably just don't post much. Or at all.

Well, I am only here from the end of 2015. But some people who are here from the same date, have 2-3 likes.

• But some of them have so many comments, and started so many discussions.

Probably just don't post much. Or at all.

• SOMA is good, better than MFP at least. Go ahead.

Hey guys, should I buy SOMA? I freaking love Frictional Games, but after what happened with A Machine for Pigs...I don't wanna waste money on a bad game. Again.

• Example?

But some of them have so many comments, and started so many discussions.

• What's MFP?

Crips posted: »

SOMA is good, better than MFP at least. Go ahead.

• Acronym for a machine for pigs

What's MFP?

• 5 discussions started, 636 comments, but only 142 likes. Like, why?

Example?

• Ah.

Acronym for a machine for pigs

• Machine For Pigs.

Although it's not really hard to be better than MFP, Soma sure is. The sci-fi setting is meh though imo.

What's MFP?

• Who?

5 discussions started, 636 comments, but only 142 likes. Like, why?

• edited July 2016

I'm not going to say names, beacuse that would be rude.

Who?

• Then your example is useless.

I'm not going to say names, beacuse that would be rude.

• Cool, you're back! How long has it been? I swear it's only been like a month..

Been a while. Still looks a bit bland but oh well. haha So how are you all, today?

• -_-

Then your example is useless.

• You almost have the same amount of comments and only 100 more likes than they do

I dunno man, I don't buy the theory :/

5 discussions started, 636 comments, but only 142 likes. Like, why?

• I actually like that. Now you can know if someone added something to it, or changed something if you never clicked on the comment in your feed.

joriandrake posted: »

actually they are now in overdrive, you also get notified every time some edits a comment EDIT: every single time EDIT2: every time EDIT3: seriously EDIT4: as my example just shows, EVERY TIME EDIT5: Okay, I stop now XD

• edited July 2016

As a forum game player and future GM I can imagine how terrible this could be for everyone, I tend to have too many typos because I'm not a native English speaker and usually I'm active here when I'm at home dead tired after work. This means I edit my comments often to get typos fixed.

Now imagine if all players/users in a thread of yours begin to post and edit a few of their comments 2-3 times, you will get flooded with notifications. It can drive someone insane if that happens.

AChicken posted: »

I actually like that. Now you can know if someone added something to it, or changed something if you never clicked on the comment in your feed.

• Okay, as evidenced by my feed, I can see your point. (You maniac, you.)
    So, I guess what would be better is the original comment in the feed, and the most recent edited one. That, people can live with. Hopefully.

joriandrake posted: »

As a forum game player and future GM I can imagine how terrible this could be for everyone, I tend to have too many typos because I'm not a

• edited July 2016

either that, or just the original one, unless it is the first post of a thread which could send a notification any time it gets updated

edit: despicable me <3

AChicken posted: »

Okay, as evidenced by my feed, I can see your point. (You maniac, you.) So, I guess what would be better is the original comment in the feed, and the most recent edited one. That, people can live with. Hopefully.

• edited July 2016

@Wolfenus54 @2614118 (lottii-lu)

enter image description here

enter image description here

• edited July 2016

Frictional didn't develop A Machine for Pigs, The Chinese Room did. I haven't played SOMA myself (I watched a lets play), but I can tell you that the game is really good.

Hey guys, should I buy SOMA? I freaking love Frictional Games, but after what happened with A Machine for Pigs...I don't wanna waste money on a bad game. Again.

• Well, they had some help from Frictional.

lupinb0y posted: »

Frictional didn't develop A Machine for Pigs, The Chinese Room did. I haven't played SOMA myself (I watched a lets play), but I can tell you that the game is really good.

• They produced and published it and probably just gave them a list of things to do and not do. The Chinese Room developed the game while Frictional was developing SOMA.

Well, they had some help from Frictional.

• The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

posted by NotSoBlindGuy on October 2015 - last edited November 2015 by Blind Sniper - Viewed by 2.6M users

Come on, Telltale.

We all love you, but you don't have to lie about your popularity.

There's no way that 2.6M users have viewed this thread. You should've fixed that in the most recent update, to "viewed 2.6M times,"

• boop beep beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep beep
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz- beep beep boop boop boop
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep beep
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz- boop boop boop beep beep
    boop beep beep beep beep bzz+ beep beep beep beep beep
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz- beep beep beep beep boop
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz+ boop boop boop boop beep
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz- beep beep boop boop bop
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz+ boop boop beep beep beep
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz- beep beep boop beep
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep boop
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep boop
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz- beep boop boop boop boop
    boop beep beep beep beep zzz- boop boop boop beep beep
    boop boop beep beep beep zzz-- boop boop beep beep beep

Good luck

• Venom does actually eat people.

That's true, but that camera angle just looked like that.

• edited July 2016

nope, bad idea.

• 2spook.

boop beep beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep beep boop boop beep beep beep zzz- beep beep boop boop boop boop be

boop beep beep beep beep zzz+ beep beep beep beep beep boop boop beep beep beep zzz- beep beep boop boop boop boop be

• Yeah I don't know why it says users instead of times.

The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread posted by NotSoBlindGuy on October 2015 - last edited November 2015 by Blind Sniper - Viewed b

• edited July 2016

@OfficialSheriffMaybe

Lay off the drugs... they are bad, you fuck.

Edit: LOL OKAY. APPARENTLY, I CAN'T TAG PEOPLE. THANKS, TELLTALE.

• Anyone here try We Happy Few?

• I watched Viensauce Vinny play it. Looks like a pretty good game.

Anyone here try We Happy Few?

• edited July 2016
  • I don't think anyone's even going to try mate. Recruit for your hacking group elsewhere lol.

• Why???

Life is Strange is getting a TV adaption (link to source below) http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/life-is-strange/42633/life-is-strange-is-being-adapted-for-television

• I hope it's true. The fan outrage alone will be entertaining.

Life is Strange is getting a TV adaption (link to source below) http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/life-is-strange/42633/life-is-strange-is-being-adapted-for-television

Sign in to comment in this discussion.