Mobile

Any idea why I can't get this game on my apple device

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2016

Telltale no longer sells Law & Order: Legacies as their license has expired. Telltale Support explains this in more detail here, and how to redownload the game if you have purchased it in the past:

https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/215133527-Why-is-Law-Order-Legacies-is-no-longer-available-

Law & Order: Legacies has been withdrawn from sale on digital platforms due to the expiration of our digital distribution agreement. We currently do not have any plans to renew this agreement.

If you have already purchased this title digitally, please read the following instructions on how to access it on your platform.

Steam:

1. Open Steam and sign in to your account.
    2. Select Library, then select All Games from the top menu bar.
    3. From the menu on the left side, select the game to install.

Telltale Games online store:

1. Go to our website and sign into your Telltale account.
    2. Click the dropdown menu next to your avatar and select My Games.
    3. Click Law & Order: Legacies to access the download page.

iOS:

For assistance accessing your previous purchase of the game app, please contact iTunes Store Customer Support to resolve any issues directly. Any decisions to restore the app may be at their discretion.

• Hi everybody.

I am new to the forum and currently enjoying the Walking Dead on the Xbox One. I understand that this is for mobile, but I wonder if I should buy the physical copies of the games so that I won't lose out on the possibility to play games after a licence expire? I bought “Back to the Future” digitally on the Playstation 3 but I have seen it very affordable in the physical shops. Should I buy the disc as well, just to be sure that I will be able to play the game if licence expires?

• The license expiring only affects people who have not already digitally purchased the game from being able to download it in the future, after the license has expired. If you can find a physical copy of the game, you should be fine. Likewise, people who already purchased the game should mostly be able to recover a digital copy of the game as the Support Article quoted above mentions.

LegOhBoy posted: »

Hi everybody. I am new to the forum and currently enjoying the Walking Dead on the Xbox One. I understand that this is for mobile, but I

• Thank you Blind Sniper.

Just out of curiosity, how long do these licences last normally? Is it always individual or is there a general consensus or standard for most new games?

The license expiring only affects people who have not already digitally purchased the game from being able to download it in the future, aft

• Most of the time, Telltale should keep the licenses to sell a game around for a very long time - especially for popular games like Walking Dead or Back to the Future that sell very well. So far, in Telltale's history since 2004, they only had the licenses to sell games expire for two games (Wallace and Gromit - released 2008 and Law and Order - released 2011), both of which were more niche titles. Everything else Telltale has made since 2004 still has the license to be sold, and it is very uncommon. I would not worry about license expiration for a long time.

Thank you Blind Sniper. Just out of curiosity, how long do these licences last normally? Is it always individual or is there a general consensus or standard for most new games?

• Oh, that's great to hear :) How does it work when the game is made backwards compatible, like with The Walking Dead for instance? Do they have to pay for the licence again or is it already paid for? The more niche a title is, the bigger the chance it won't be re-licenced? If I understood you correctly, it doesn't matter if you buy the physical or digital copy of the game. Even if the licence expires for your digital copy, you still own the game ahead of this time, meaning that you are still eligible to download it after it is taken down?

I think I have too much to learn about this topic. I have always bought games physically in the past but realised the convenience of digital downloads. Still, I'm concerned that I won't be able to play a game I own further into the future. Do you mostly buy your games physically or digitally? I thing I realised now is that you still have to install all the games you buy on the harddrive, so you are not saving any space from buying the physical version :( I heard this is due to reducing loading times so perhaps it's for the better.

Most of the time, Telltale should keep the licenses to sell a game around for a very long time - especially for popular games like Walking D

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2016

The more niche a title is, the bigger the chance it won't be re-licenced?

Not necessarily; Telltale has more niche titles that were made even longer ago that are still sold (like Bone, made in 2005 that is still sold on Steam). Moderators are only community volunteers, so I don't know the exact specifics, but I would not worry too much about licenses. I think it depends on the context of what agreement Telltale makes with an IP owner when they decide to make a Telltale game. However, as I've said - I'm only a volunteer moderator with no inside knowledge of how these things work at Telltale, so I can't exactly offer an explanation.

After Walking Dead: Season 1, all of Telltale's modern titles afterwards have lots more exposure due to Telltale's reputation, so I can't see them being as quick to take down older titles. At this point in time, license expiry is something of an extreme outlier for Telltale games. It's not at all the norm, so I would not fret about being quick to purchase any games under the fear of missing out the chance to do so.

Even if the licence expires for your digital copy, you still own the game ahead of this time, meaning that you are still eligible to download it after it is taken down?

More often then not, yes, but it depends on the storefront.

Oh, that's great to hear How does it work when the game is made backwards compatible, like with The Walking Dead for instance? Do they have

Sign in to comment in this discussion.