Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• What are your guys' top 10 favorite characters in Agents of SHIELD? Mine are, in no specific order:

1. Ward
    2. Cal
    3. Daisy
    4. Coulson
    5. May
    6. Mack
    7. Fitz
    8. Hunter
    9. Garrett
    10. Raina
  • Hmm, let's see...

1. Ward
    2. Mack
    3. Fitz
    4. May
    5. Coulson
    6. Simmons
    7. Hunter
    8. General Talbot
    9. Bobbi
    10. Raina

What are your guys' top 10 favorite characters in Agents of SHIELD? Mine are, in no specific order: * Ward * Cal * Daisy * Coulson * May * Mack * Fitz * Hunter * Garrett * Raina

• I just caught up on Daredevil.

Punisher threatening Reyes was badass.

"Oh and one more thing...you have to return my pie."

• edited August 2016

For everyone who isn't sure...

Here's the list of MCU movies so far:

Phase One
    •Iron Man
    •The Incredible Hulk
    •Iron Man 2
    •Thor
    •Captain America: The First Avenger
    •Marvel's The Avengers

Phase Two
    •Iron Man 3
    •Thor: The Dark World
    •Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    •Guardians of the Galaxy
    •Avengers: Age of Ultron
    •Antman

Phase Three
    •Captain America: Civil War
    •Doctor Strange
    •Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2
    •Spider-man: Homecoming
    •Thor: Ragnarök
    •Black Panther
    •Avengers: Infinity War (formerly Avengers: Infinity War Part 1)
    •Captain Marvel
    •Ant-man and the Wasp
    •Untitled Avengers Film (formerly Avengers: Infinity War Part 2)

And here's the list of MCU TV series so far:

•Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    •Marvel's Agent Carter
    •Marvel's Daredevil
    •Marvel's Jessica Jones
    •Marvel's Damage Control
    •Marvel's Luke Cage
    •Marvel's Iron Fist
    •Marvel's The Defenders
    •Marvel's The Punisher
    •Marvel's Cloak and Dagger

• Doctor Strange, November 4 2016!

• It's a great fight scene because ********* happens, and there's *********, and ********* does something cool.

Oh OK.

• Well, in a Marvel one-shot (following Iron Man 3), a guy tells the actor that the real Mandarin is angry. So they haven't really messed up the Mandarin... yet

I haven't watched any of the shows, but I have seen most of the movies, excluding the two Thor movies and Hulk, and really love what Marvel

• Whaddya think of it?

I don't doubt that.

• I'm not a big fan or marvel compared to DC universe but...

I gotta say, Deadpool character is made for people like me who don't really like Marvel stuff normally.

He even references their competitors stuff like Superman.

So I have been having a blast playing Deadpool game (PC Version.)

• I'm not completely sure but didn't they say that Infinity War wasn't gonna be split into two parts?

Rocked03 posted: »

For everyone who isn't sure... Here's the list of MCU movies so far: Phase One •Iron Man •The Incredible Hulk •Iron Man 2 •Thor •

• Yes,you're right!!!

I'm not completely sure but didn't they say that Infinity War wasn't gonna be split into two parts?

• @lilxGoofycuz @GamingMaster1029 Technically, you're right, they've announced that A:IW:P1 will just be called Avengers: Infinity War, and Part 2, is unnamed. It was originally Parts 1 & 2, but they decided to change it, due to people thinking it was two parts of the same movie. I've edited it anyway.

I'm not completely sure but didn't they say that Infinity War wasn't gonna be split into two parts?

• Cool! I don't read Deadpool, and I'm a bit young to watch the movie though.
    Did you know? The Deadpool movie is actually in the same universe as Fox's X-Men, not in the MCU with the Avengers. He is also in the same universe as the new Fant4stic (Fox's version of the Fantastic 4)

Clord posted: »

I'm not a big fan or marvel compared to DC universe but... I gotta say, Deadpool character is made for people like me who don't really li

• Oh, and he's played by Ryan Renolds, the same guy who was in the Green Lantern movie years ago...

Cool! I don't read Deadpool, and I'm a bit young to watch the movie though. Did you know? The Deadpool movie is actually in the same unive

• edited September 2016

• Love it.

Whaddya think of it?

• Brie Larson for Captain marvel is amazing, now give me Kamala Khan. She can have an arc with young peter instead of Miles

• Anticipation! What's your most anticipated MCU movies?
    For me:
    1. Avengers: Infinity War
    2. Untitled Avengers Sequel
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
    5. Doctor Strange
    6. Ant-man and the Wasp
    7. Captain Marvel
    8. Spiderman: Homecoming
    9. Black Panther

• Spider-Man: Homecoming!

Mostly because Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel superhero.

Anticipation! What's your most anticipated MCU movies? For me: 1. Avengers: Infinity War 2. Untitled Avengers Sequel 3. Thor: Ragnarok

• Nope i've found them all watchable tbh

• I'm pretty excited for all of them really! Infinity War 1 and 2 is basically going to be the entire MCU vs Thanos, which is pretty darn insane. Thor: Ragnarok is exciting because it's basically a Planet Hulk movie as much as a Thor one, plus Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster and Cate Blancett as Hela! GOTG 2 for the cast and Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet! Doctor Strange just looks amazing. Ant Man and Wasp will be cool to see Wasp fully in the MCU at last, and Captain Marvel for a solid female solo heroine experience and hopefully a Ms Marvel TV show in the future! And Spidey and Black Panther were both great characters in Civil War so it's going to be good to see them in their solo films.

Anticipation! What's your most anticipated MCU movies? For me: 1. Avengers: Infinity War 2. Untitled Avengers Sequel 3. Thor: Ragnarok

• Wait, here's some news about SM: Homecoming.

It's gonna have 3 villains

Am I the only one worried this movie will turn out like Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• I mean one of them is played this guy:

Okay seriously, I was somewhat surprised they are allegedly doing 3 villains again, but I'm thinking Vulture is still the main, the Tinkerer builds his suit, and the Shocker is just kind of there.

Wait, here's some news about SM: Homecoming. It's gonna have 3 villains Am I the only one worried this movie will turn out like Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• Speaking of Michael Keaton, what's your opinion on Burton's Batman movies?

I mean one of them is played this guy: Okay seriously, I was somewhat surprised they are allegedly doing 3 villains again, but I'm thinking Vulture is still the main, the Tinkerer builds his suit, and the Shocker is just kind of there.

• I haven't seen them in ages, but they were pretty good for their time.

Speaking of Michael Keaton, what's your opinion on Burton's Batman movies?

• I think they're great.

I haven't seen them in ages, but they were pretty good for their time.

• Given that at some point a Spidey film is likely to utilise the Sinister Six as a concept, I think it'll be fine. Large numbers of villains can work if they gel well together. Spider-Man 3's problem is that Venom and Sandman had little reason to work together. Harry and Electro made a little more sense because it was about Harry manipulating Maxwell through his lack of friendships, but it still doesn't click.

With the Sinister Six they need a team who are almost a villain version of the Avengers, able to recognise they're stronger together, even if they have conflicting ideals. If they can manage that, large numbers of villains will be fine.

Wait, here's some news about SM: Homecoming. It's gonna have 3 villains Am I the only one worried this movie will turn out like Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2?

• The baddie is prob gonna be the Vulture

Spider-Man: Homecoming! Mostly because Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel superhero.

• edited August 2016

Those aren't the only problems with those movies.

Venom in SM3 was rushed. So was Green Goblin from ASM2.

Given that at some point a Spidey film is likely to utilise the Sinister Six as a concept, I think it'll be fine. Large numbers of villains

• Has anyone noticed the Marvel Telltale thing yet?

• And why is the chat so DEAD?

Has anyone noticed the Marvel Telltale thing yet?

• So, I was checking up and it turns out Luke Cage premieres on Netflix in a few days. The other Netflix Marvel series have been fantastic, so I'm definitely looking forward to this series as well.

• Besides the obvious answer (Infinity War), I'm also really looking forward to Black Panther. Civil War was a really great intro for him, and he had a lot of cool fight scenes.

• I'm pretty excited for all of them really! Infinity War 1 and 2 is basically going to be the entire MCU vs Thanos,

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to extend to the Netflix heroes, which is a shame as it would have been really neat to see them included as well.

I'm pretty excited for all of them really! Infinity War 1 and 2 is basically going to be the entire MCU vs Thanos, which is pretty darn insa

• I feel mildly guilty that I haven't finished watching S2 of Daredevil yet since I was enjoying it so much, but I guess I can round that off before start with Luke Cage. Looking forwards to Iron Fist too.

Episode 1 of S4 of Agents of SHIELD was also really good, they have the new Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes as a major plotline - featuring a Ghost Rider villain I don't recognise - and a second one with Life Model Decoys.

So, I was checking up and it turns out Luke Cage premieres on Netflix in a few days. The other Netflix Marvel series have been fantastic, so I'm definitely looking forward to this series as well.

• I am mildly optimistic going from what the Russo Brothers have said that they could sneak in a Defenders cameo in those movies if it makes sense to. Daredevil at least, I hope.

I'm pretty excited for all of them really! Infinity War 1 and 2 is basically going to be the entire MCU vs Thanos, Unfortunately, th

• An interesting rumour I have heard which would make a lot of sense... people have been pointing out that we have quite a big name in Cate Blanchet as Hela within Thor: Ragnarok, who in the comics is effectively the Death of the Asgardians. Now also in the comics we have the fact that Thanos has a bit of the hots for Death, so what if Cate is being planned to feature by his side as the second core villain of the Infinity War movies?

• Really looking forward to Luke Cage. Beside one trailer, I don't know much of how the story is going to go. Also looking looking forward to the Defenders.

• edited September 2016

((Double post...))

• edited September 2016

Yeah, on Friday. Really excited for it! :)

So, I was checking up and it turns out Luke Cage premieres on Netflix in a few days. The other Netflix Marvel series have been fantastic, so I'm definitely looking forward to this series as well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.