The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• (a little late) Happy One Year Anniversery!

I almost forgot. It's my one year anniversary!

• Well that sucks. Thanks for the warning. I might just watch a YouTube playthrough or read up on the game's plot instead, just so I have an idea of the lore in Mafia III. Seems pretty fishy that the company ended support and yet continues to sell and promote the game, especially with a bug like that.

Mafia II is great, sadly I couldn't finish it because of a gamebreaking bug near the end of the game that has no fix. The game is essentially broken and it stopped getting support a while ago.

• In the U.S., it's illegal to extend credit that hasn't been requested. (Decades ago, places used to just send credit cards to people out of the blue, surprise, you have an account!, which is how that law got passed.) However, some places have figured out that sending a check could be technically requested, because you don't get the loan until the check gets cashed, so by cashing it, you're requesting it. Many of the organizations that do this are a bit slimy and attach really awful terms and high interest rates to these loans, hoping that most of the people who receive these checks are just thinking, "Wow, Money!" and not figuring out how much it will cost them. @Jennifer got hers from her own bank, so maybe it isn't that bad, but I still cringed when I first read it, because it reminded me of the typical case.

I would be furious if I was given a loan I didn't ask for.

• Huh, I haven't noticed anything. Well, hopefully it gets sorted out.

I'm so confused as of late. If anyone has any problems with me, just let me know and we can sort it out. I'm all for fixing things. Some

• Happy anniversary!

• Me when I woke up.

enter image description here

Goodbye sweat-inducing summer, hello cold-as-fuck-mornings fall.

• edited September 2016

My art stuff is here, awesome! Think I'll try my hand tonight! Hope I can do something good with the new stuff

• Think I'll try my hand tonight!

My art stuff is here, awesome! Think I'll try my hand tonight! Hope I can do something good with the new stuff

• Well I say.....

You mean this hand?

Think I'll try my hand tonight!

• enter image description here

Well I say..... You mean this hand?

• edited September 2016

Well you try and convince your friends to watch anime so recommend something easy for a newbie like Attack On Titan. Even tell em to watch dub

And they reply with "Is it like Pokemon? Cos that's anime", "Isn't anime for kids"

• edited September 2016

12:54
    literal all Avatar fans in a nutshell... Well me

• I know how this feels every night after work cold as hell and last time forgot my jacket

Me when I woke up. Goodbye sweat-inducing summer, hello cold-as-fuck-mornings fall.

• So i recently bought seven days to die and the walking dead pack and spent most of today trapped in a room with wooden boxes barricading the door as soon as day comes the zombies went away and my axe broke and so i had to punch the boxes to get out of the room

• edited September 2016

God I loved this guy's review of the movie, he touched on almost every single problem the movie had, while still managing to be funny and informative. And the video he just released concerning The Legend of Korra was amazing as well, really gave me a better appreciation for that show.

joshua007 posted: »

12:54 literal all Avatar fans in a nutshell... Well me

• Really, what bug is that? I didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs. But then again, I played it at launch, so maybe some bugs sneaked in a patch.

Mafia II is great, sadly I couldn't finish it because of a gamebreaking bug near the end of the game that has no fix. The game is essentially broken and it stopped getting support a while ago.

• Well obviously, game breaking bugs tend to not happen to everyone, they usually require some dumb prerequisites that make no sense, that's like saying "it runs fine for me" when there's tons of people complaining about poor performance in a game. I had the infinite loading screen bug at the end of the "stairway to heaven" chapter or whatever it was called, no fix that I know of other than restarting and trying over, I couldn't be bothered.

Pipas posted: »

Really, what bug is that? I didn't encounter any game-breaking bugs. But then again, I played it at launch, so maybe some bugs sneaked in a patch.

• I would draw a MC:SM character.... If I liked MC:SM. Sorry!

You haven't seen evidence because it's in PM's. That's what's bad about it. So now I barely even know what's going on.

WarpSpeed posted: »

You know we're all now going to want to see the fake stuff, right? Like maybe a pencil drawing video of a MC:SM character? I don't have a problem with you and haven't seen any evidence that anyone else does, either.

• clapping intensivies

God I loved this guy's review of the movie, he touched on almost every single problem the movie had, while still managing to be funny and in

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2016

Yeah - the loan wasn't available until I cashed it. Since it's from my bank, it has a decent interest rate (5.9%) with a reasonable monthly payment of $96. I paid off my very high interest credit card (21% APR) with it.

My credit reports from Transunion and Experian shot up 80 points when I paid off my credit card with the loan too, which was a nice surprise. :)

WarpSpeed posted: »

In the U.S., it's illegal to extend credit that hasn't been requested. (Decades ago, places used to just send credit cards to people out of

• edited September 2016

I'll finally sleep for the first time in my new appartement. These two last weeks were just troubles with everything: small flooding, no electricity until yesterday, even a grudge with the syndicate of the appartement and so on..

Thanksfully despite all its flaws my appartement begins to look like something.

• It feels weird seeing people wishing you a happy anniversary because of being on these forums lol

• Almost forgot: My first anniversary

• I'm really unstable now my depression starts growing the last few days and my meds are kinda helping but not with much

• Happy Anniversery.

Almost forgot: My first anniversary

• Hey guys, is it okay to be into superheroes if you're an adult?

• I'm pretty sure it's OK to be into most things if you're an adult, so long as you make sure it doesn't ruin your life or anything.

Hey guys, is it okay to be into superheroes if you're an adult?

• I'm not into comic books, but I do like watching the MCU Super hero movies if you count that as being into super heroes. As long as you aren't overly obsessive about it, I don't think it matters.

• edited September 2016

Well, it dosen't ruin mine, so that's good.

It's just...one person said superheroes are for kids.

I dunno if that person meant he/she dosen't like them because they're childish or he/she meant adults shouldn't be into superheroes.

IDC if it's the former, but the latter dosen't seem fair.

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm pretty sure it's OK to be into most things if you're an adult, so long as you make sure it doesn't ruin your life or anything.

• edited September 2016

Yeah, it counts. :)

Look at my reply to @dojo32161 if you wanna understand why I asked this.

I'm not into comic books, but I do like watching the MCU Super hero movies if you count that as being into super heroes. As long as you aren't overly obsessive about it, I don't think it matters.

• enter image description here

Happy Anniversery.

• This whole playlist. Most of the videos are arround 10 seconds long, I'm about 100 videos in.

Can somebody suggest me some dank ass meme videos?

• I'm really sorry to to hear that. Depression is not easy, and I understand how challenging it is to live with all of its seemingly endless ups and downs. Just remember that you're doing the best that you can. I wish you the best of luck through these hard times.

joshua007 posted: »

I'm really unstable now my depression starts growing the last few days and my meds are kinda helping but not with much

• edited September 2016

not bad for my first try! the first is pencil so very faint

enter image description here enter image description here

KEN KANEKI of Tokyo Ghoul!

• Anyone else not getting all threads that you follow to show up in the feed?

• I don't know, but the forum has a problem with me following a 5 year old thread. It keeps unfollowing it every week or so and I have to dig it up again.

• Why is senior year so stressful? I just want to lie in my bed, and not go to school anymore.

• Trust me, once you're done submitting your transcripts to college and start hearing back from them, it gets so much easier, the rest of the year is a breeze.

Why is senior year so stressful? I just want to lie in my bed, and not go to school anymore.

• Nope, liking superheroes gets you banned.

OK, seriously, most superhero writers (in the last 50 years or so) tend to write stories that appeal to both kids and adults in different ways. The kids see Donutman beating up the bad guys and saving the world from healthy food choices, while adults see his struggle to come to terms with how empty he feels inside.

Adults also have to manage time and money more carefully than kids, though, and superhero comics often go away for those reasons.

• Sometimes when you post to a thread you follow, it unfollows the thread. If you remember to check "Follow this discussion" again even though you're already following it, that might fix it, but I keep forgetting.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Anyone else not getting all threads that you follow to show up in the feed?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.