Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• And Wolfius in this last chapter was actually kind of awesome.

Ah, this is good. Wolfius is not the easiest character to write. At his best, I enjoy writing him as an antagonist who continously walks the line between being genuinely threatening and almost darkly humorous, a bit like a GoT version of the Joker, but just like the Joker, I am always afraid I write him as too over-the-top. I love writing him and I can't wait to reveal a few of the secrets his character holds, so I am always happy to hear that I have succeeded in writing him in an entertaining way.

Jaron. He's too much of a goody two shoes for me to like him. And Otis, obviously.

I think in that case there might be a chance that you'll end up liking Jaron a bit better in the future. He has a very knightly, honourable worldview, which borders a bit on naivety at times, but it is safe to say that Oldtown royally screwed this naivety. In the end, he has the potential to become a darker character, he has shown it back when he allowed Harpy to kill the fake Butterfly. This and his most recent act to kill the Burned Man (even if it was a mercy kill), will leave their marks on him.

Edrick, but it's probably just because I'm not familiar with the cast of characters that appear in his parts.

Understandable. He is the newest PoV and he doesn't interact with any characters that have been previously established, so I expect people to be less familiar with him than with others. I hope in time you'll grow more accustomed to him and his supporting cast of characters.

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to see how book 1 wraps up.

Thank you very, very much! The end of Book 1 is relatively near and I am excited to share it with all of you :)

DiverseGnu posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Marak, Kersea and Alysanne. And Wolfius in this last chapter was actually kind of awesom

• So how would it have gone down if Otis was alive?

There would have been a few ways for Marak to survive, but they would have been harder to achieve than Terroma's survival. A certain set of

• edited October 2016

The fight would have still happened the way it happened here. The main difference would have been that Noelle would have done something unbelievably stupid, she would have ordered Otis to guard Ellena in the forest. As you can expect, that move would have backfired horribly. In the part as it happened, it was Ando who ended up freeing Ellena. If Otis would have been alive, he would have surprised Ando and heavily wounded him, before running away, taking Ellena with him. This would have had major changes for her storyline in the next chapter, which would have mostly revolved about escaping from Otis. I'll get into more detail about this when I write down the alternative choices. In this part, Otis wouldn't have appeared in person, but Ando would have mentioned him in the end.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So how would it have gone down if Otis was alive?

• This was awesome! Even though I'm 1.) pissed that Wolfius got away, and 2.) sad that we lost both Terroma and Marak :'( Oh well, at least I think we made the right choice when it comes to Jaron mercy killing the Burned Man.

And man, I didn't expect the Ironborn to attack so soon, but I'm not complaining! It's going to be epic, no doubt. What comes to the choice... [Help Aldus] I'd say this is the most useful thing for Arthur to do in this situation, since Aldus apparently isn't doing a good job with getting the people to safety.

[Spare her life] The temptation to kill her is big, but in the end I think she'll be more useful (both to the characters and to the story) alive. I just hope she won't snap into I-must-burn-little-girls-mode suddenly.

Noelle's smile grew more strained for a second. “I think you're mistaken”, she said calmly. “Please, I wish to talk to you. There are many t

• edited October 2016

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Jaron and Harpy are always up there, and I'm very interested to see how will their relationship change after this last part. I really like the Northern storyline's cast, even if their story hasn't been the most eventful so far. I like Argella very much, even if she sometimes also manages to annoy me a bit :D From the more minor ones, actually I've liked everyone from Team Targaryen so far! Oxus, Orys, Gordar, Rahaerys and Saerya are all great =)

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 7? I'm pretty sure Clayton and Otis take the cake here :p Though this last part also added Noelle to the list.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? I think Lucas' development kept being interesting, and I loved his interactions with Argella. Jaron of course, since I'm so heavily invested to his storyline. Raenna had a superb chapter. Jenna has also rised among my favorites, and Samantha had some great parts too.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? This is a much harder question, but I'd say perhaps Ilish, I just don't feel very invested to her story. This time I'm giving Richard a pass, because his parts in the woods when the wolves attacked were very good :p

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 7? The finales tend to be awesome, and this was no exception - especially the confrontation between Team Old Man and Team Noelle was epic. Makes it hard to try to remember the othe great moments after just reading the spectacular finale, but moments like the talk between Kersea and Alysanne in her latest part, the wolves attacking Richard's group, and Samantha & co. facing off against Rodrik and the Second Sons come to mind.

Is there anything you disliked? Nah, I don't think there is anything :)

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 8 or anything else you'd like to say? Well, I'm anticipating this Ironborn attack! =) But I have to give a boring answer and say there is no advises from me, aside from keep writing this awesome story! :)

Goodness, that was a lot of writing, a lot more than expected. Another part, another all-nighter. Let's just say, that was not easy to write

• edited October 2016

And the seventh chapter of this story is finally ended!Let's start with my own thoughts about it!

• About Jaron PoV I don't have many things to say since the outcome of it is the sad death of The Burned Man (another veteran character bite the dust) that all readers know was going to happen;at least he succeed to talk a last time with Harpy.
    • About Arthur PoV I can only say:finally the Ironbros has arrived!And no one will survive
    • Don't worry man,I don't forget all the execution part and,even if I'm not surprised of the outcome,I really like how you write Wolfius escape
    • And at last but not least Raenna PoV! I like how you manage the fight between Marak and Terroma and the climax of it was awesome! I obviously like very much the part where Noelle refuse to do that (too sad that she needed Marak death to understand it); obviously she really deserved the beating by Raenna
    • About Marak and Terroma..almost everyone are already 100% sure that they died but,seriously guys,I'm the only one that remember a certain backstory?A backstory of a character that was present inside the last part?XD (Obviosuly I can be wrong but I like that you,Liquid,decide to make the fight end in that way with people falling from a cliff..now we can theorize for months about Marak and/or Terroma death! It's like the good old days when people theorize about Sandor Clegane!XD )

Finally,about the choices:

[Help Aldus] Is the only choice that I'm almost sure that can lead to good consequences for Raylainsfair (even if this choice means that other characters will find some really hard challenges to overcome)

[Spare Noelle] Not because revenge is a bad thing but I think that kill Noelle in front of Briar will be a mistake,plus I now think that Noella can now have a really interesting character development

Noelle's smile grew more strained for a second. “I think you're mistaken”, she said calmly. “Please, I wish to talk to you. There are many t

• I reall hope that,at least for this book,Leonard is not going to be a PoV (sorry guys,I like more read him from other characters perspective XD)

PS:obviously all this PoV talk can be relevant only if he will survive next chapter! ;)

Sounds like Leonard is going to be our newest POV next chapter. (Maybe?) Hm, I can confirm that there will be one new PoV in the nex

• This chapter is going to be awesome (and very action centric)!

Next time on Forum of Thrones: “Row faster, you scum!”, Cleaver Clint barked at the top of his lungs. “I'll be the first man in that ci

• [Help Aldus]

[Kill Noelle]

Fantastic finale, great job once again.

And a questions: Was there a way for Wolfius to die?

And the group attacking from the south are Bear and the co. right?

And I alwo wonder if somebody could have saved Burned Man, Samuel said he could do something, right?

Altough I feel like I'm asking some questions that will be answered in the alternative choices.

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Let's see..Marak,Noelle and Terroma are obviously the ones that I think for first since they were the main focus of this chapter,obviously I still like Lucas,Jaron,Harpy and many others

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 7? Wolfius,that boring villain is still alive!XD

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? Marak,Raenna and Ellena (obviously)

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? I'm afraid to say that there is no PoV that I dislike so much to say "Oh my gosh!Why that character is still alive?" even if I have to admit that Ilish,Edrick and Sadie were probably the PoV's were less cool stuff happened.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 7? Outside the chapter finale I really like the family talk between the Nartamer's,the fight with the beast (and the one with the Second Sons),the talk for choice the future Raylainsfair lord,Lucas development and the parts where you have introduced some of my characters (sorry,I have to write it!XD)

Is there anything you disliked? If I must be honest i found really wrong expose the truth about Harris at the beginning of this chapter (expecially since Lucas and Leonard decide to work with him some minutes before the wrong choice!XD)

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 8 or anything else you'd like to say? I can only answer this question with a list since I look forward for many events!XD

• The rematch between John and friends against Bear
    • Ilish meeting with her own brother,Carvin, during the raid
    • All the Ironbros PoV's of the raid and the fights between them and the Raylainsfair PoV's
    • Clayton and Kersea (and probably Alysanne) try to kill Leonard and Lucas
    • The Wildfire (I'm really curious to discover what plan do you have for that weapon)
    • Let's not forget Maya!This is probably the last chance for her and Aldrick to save Gregar (and Keat) and escape with the documents (and I'm really curious to discover what Irving will do now)
    • I'm really curious to read what Willfred will do now
    • Ser Jarow can finally have his own rematch with the Ironborns!
    • Many other cool events that I don't remember!XD

In the end I'm going to say to you,Liquid, good luck because the next chapter is probably going to be the hardest (and coolest) one you have ever write for this story! (Almost hundred characters inside the same,very big,event!)

Goodness, that was a lot of writing, a lot more than expected. Another part, another all-nighter. Let's just say, that was not easy to write

• This was awesome! Even though I'm 1.) pissed that Wolfius got away, and 2.) sad that we lost both Terroma and Marak :'(

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And well, while I am not too sad about Wolfius getting away (just wait until you see what I have planned for him >:)), the deaths of Terroma and Marak have been hard to write. Both have been in the story since the very early days and I loved writing them, so tht was not easy.

Oh well, at least I think we made the right choice when it comes to Jaron mercy killing the Burned Man.

Ultimately, I think it will be subjective which one was the truly best choice, but in my own opinion, it at least wasn't the worst choice here. Under certain aspects, I'd see the choice to have Samuel do it as even better, since his lack of an emotional involvement in the situation will mean that he has no negative effects at all from this. But well, I'll get to this in the alternative choices later this week :)

And man, I didn't expect the Ironborn to attack so soon, but I'm not complaining! It's going to be epic, no doubt.

I absolutely hope it will be! I have huge plans for this chapter and almost every PoV that will appear in the next chapter will be changed forever after it. Not all of them will make it out alive. Thinking about it, depending on your choices, the list of deceased characters can almost double in size by the end of the next chapter.

The temptation to kill her is big, but in the end I think she'll be more useful (both to the characters and to the story) alive. I just hope she won't snap into I-must-burn-little-girls-mode suddenly.

This is always a danger with people like her. That said, she obviously wasn't keen on killing Briar and ultimately even refused to do it. It remains to be seen if she is actually ending up as helpful the next time we see her (if she gets spared, that is), or if she continues to ruthlessly enforce the will of the Red God.

This was awesome! Even though I'm 1.) pissed that Wolfius got away, and 2.) sad that we lost both Terroma and Marak Oh well, at least I thi

• And the seventh chapter of this story is finally ended!

At last! I know I have said that before, but I am very positive that the next chapters won't be that long, not in the slightest. The next one will only include two locations, while many storylines in Chapter 9 will only have a length of a single part.

About Arthur PoV I can only say:finally the Ironbros has arrived!And no one will survive

Oh, I believe there will be some survivors. Probably Wolfius ;) Jokes aside, many characters will die, among them will be some very painful losses. There is one in particular whom I dread to kill off, as I have grown very attached of this character. Although the Ironborn won't be the one to deal the killing blow in this particular case...

And at last but not least Raenna PoV! I like how you manage the fight between Marak and Terroma and the climax of it was awesome! I obviously like very much the part where Noelle refuse to do that (too sad that she needed Marak death to understand it); obviously she really deserved the beating by Raenna

Actually, Noelle would have refused to burn Briar even if Marak wouldn't have died. Just a second before actually doing it, she was hit with the reality of what she was about to do. In the end, Wulvren's earlier assumption of Noelle was correct, she is not a bad person, not the kind of monster to callously burn a child at stake, no matter how convinced she is of the reason. That said, she definitely deserved the beating and she got lucky that I had to look at the length of the part, or else it would have gotten even more brutal. While writing this part, I really developed some anger against her and writing Raenna's following actions have been cathartic.

About Marak and Terroma..almost everyone are already 100% sure that they died but,seriously guys,I'm the only one that remember a certain backstory?A backstory of a character that was present inside the last part?XD (Obviosuly I can be wrong but I like that you,Liquid,decide to make the fight end in that way with people falling from a cliff..now we can theorize for months about Marak and/or Terroma death! It's like the good old days when people theorize about Sandor Clegane!XD )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do mean Raenna, right? She indeed survived a similar situation, though a lot of luck was involved in that and she was in perfect shape compared to Marak and Terroma. I can confirm that they would both be in the Unknown list, if the Unknown list would still be a thing and that their fates will be revealed at the beginning of Raenna's storyline in the next chapter, so I won't keep you waiting for months :)

And the seventh chapter of this story is finally ended!Let's start with my own thoughts about it! * About Jaron PoV I don't have many t

• edited October 2016

Edit: Double Post :|

[Help Aldus] [Kill Noelle] Fantastic finale, great job once again. And a questions: Was there a way for Wolfius to die? And the

• Fantastic finale, great job once again.

Thank you :)

And a questions: Was there a way for Wolfius to die?

Unfortunately not, no, at least not in this situation. He truly had an infallible trick up his sleeve this time and the Ironborn attack helped him even more.

And the group attacking from the south are Bear and the co. right?

Yes, they are. It's not too big of a twist in the next chapter, so I can confirm it right here. Bear and his men are attacking the city as well now. Bear is going to have a pretty important role in the next chapter and there's even going to be a glimpse at his backstory.

And I alwo wonder if somebody could have saved Burned Man, Samuel said he could do something, right?

The only way to save the Burned Man was to prevent his capture. After losing Lucas (which has been extremely embarrassing for Mullendore and the Sphynx), they made sure that they would never again lose such an important prisoner, so wounding him in a way that prevented any chance to free him has been the first thing they did. Samuel said he might be able to do something and promised that he will try his best, but he didn't know the full extent of what the Sphynx would do. In the end, he was simply wrong when he said he could do something to help.

[Help Aldus] [Kill Noelle] Fantastic finale, great job once again. And a questions: Was there a way for Wolfius to die? And the

• Wolfius,that boring villain is still alive!XD

Hehe, he's even better than ever, reunited with his son in a city that's under siege from three sides and in complete chaos. Undoubtedly, he's going to cause as much chaos as possible. And there will be a twist about him that might even end up making him more interesting to you ;)

I'm afraid to say that there is no PoV that I dislike so much to say "Oh my gosh!Why that character is still alive?" even if I have to admit that Ilish,Edrick and Sadie were probably the PoV's were less cool stuff happened.

At least Sadie is going to have one of the coolest storylines in the next chapter, at least in my opinion. It's also going to be one of the most brutal storylines, hopefully among the most shocking and certainly among the ones I am the most excited to write, even if I am still unsure about one key scene of it.

If I must be honest i found really wrong expose the truth about Harris at the beginning of this chapter (expecially since Lucas and Leonard decide to work with him some minutes before the wrong choice!XD)

That might indeed not have been the best choice in retrospect. A strong Harris would have prevented Sherryl's hostile takeover of the city, at least for a while. Now, Lucas did the pragmatic thing of choosing a stronger ally, namely Argella, though the real problem there was not to fully support her after you already ended up supporting her over Harris.

I can only answer this question with a list since I look forward for many events!XD

I will not comment on the events in particular, out of fear of giving spoilers, but it is amazing how close you are with some of your guesses. Many of these points will indeed play a central role in the next chapter, so there is a lot to look forward for!

In the end I'm going to say to you,Liquid, good luck because the next chapter is probably going to be the hardest (and coolest) one you have ever write for this story! (Almost hundred characters inside the same,very big,event!)

Thanks, I'm going to need it! If done right, I thinkt he next chapter has potential to be the best, but I have to put a lot of attention on the details and have to try my best not to make it too repetitive. The huge amount of characters I wish to show is making this a bit easier.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Let's see..Marak,Noelle and Terroma are obviously the ones that I think for first since the

• From the more minor ones, actually I've liked everyone from Team Targaryen so far! Oxus, Orys, Gordar, Rahaerys and Saerya are all great =)

Then you're going to like hearing that Team Targaryen will get a major role in the events of the final chapters of Book 1! I have some pretty big things planned for them in general (obviously, considering what is going to start soon) and they will be centrally involved in several storylines in the next two chapters.

I think Lucas' development kept being interesting, and I loved his interactions with Argella. Jaron of course, since I'm so heavily invested to his storyline. Raenna had a superb chapter. Jenna has also rised among my favorites, and Samantha had some great parts too.

These are among my own favourites of this chapter as well, together with Kersea and maybe Marak. They were the parts that I wrote the quickest and especially in case of Samantha and Raenna, they included scenes I have highly anticipated ever since the chapter started.

This is a much harder question, but I'd say perhaps Ilish, I just don't feel very invested to her story. This time I'm giving Richard a pass, because his parts in the woods when the wolves attacked were very good :p

I feel glad not to see Richard there. I am very happy of the way his storyline in this chapter played out. With Ilish, I hope to give her some better material later, but for now, she suffered a bit from the problem that I had to make her a PoV in Chapter 5 before I had things planned for her in Chapter 6 and 7. This will change from now on, as I have more concrete plans for her.

The finales tend to be awesome, and this was no exception - especially the confrontation between Team Old Man and Team Noelle was epic. Makes it hard to try to remember the othe great moments after just reading the spectacular finale, but moments like the talk between Kersea and Alysanne in her latest part, the wolves attacking Richard's group, and Samantha & co. facing off against Rodrik and the Second Sons come to mind.

Again, these are some of my favourites in this chapter as well. It's a chapter full of many moments I found enjoyable to write in general, but these are some that stick out even for me. The finale in particular, it is great to see it so well-received =)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Jaron and Harpy are always up there, and I'm very interested to see how will their relation

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited October 2016

Wow. That was certainly surprising.

I'll start with my thoughts on Jaron's part. Very emotional, sad, the old man finally bites the dust. Harpy's reaction was upsetting.

Now onto Arthur's part. To be honest, I predicted a lot of the stuff in this, but it was still enjoyable. I do think it's kind of ridiculous they actually got away, but I guess there was enough chaos. Ack, I wish we didn't let Mathea treat Wolfius' wounds or whatever.

Ah, and our climax in Raenna's part. Pretty good. I always like the idea of when equally-matched opponents end up killing each other, and stuff where people fall off cliffs is a favorite mine. Ack, Marak, I actually kind of liked him. He was a bastard, but a bastard I liked. Terroma, eh, sad, but he went out a pretty good way.

[Go after Valarr] Those two are actually inside the city and very dangerous, and we have to kill them one of these days. If we can't kill one of them, we can at least cripple them or something.

[Kill Noelle] Yes, yes kill her. Give into your hate. What good she done? What good can she do? My mercy quota has been filled.

It was a nice long finale, and had some pretty good stuff going on. No beast, but that's fine.

“South!”, Hackor exclaimed. “We can't defend the south against that many!” He shook his head. “The castle, we need their help. Send word to Lord Tyrell. And inform Constantine, I want him to lead the men at the southern gate. Maybe Flowers as well, but I need Tallwood at the castle”

Oh yeah here we go. You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge.

• [Go after Hackor] I'm seeing through your trickery Liquid. Helping Valarr will either be an ambush where Arthur or Valarr die, or just a waste of time. Helping Aldus or at the docks will give a little help, but I am pretty sure Wolfius is going to attack Hackor and Aditha while they have no guards and Hackor is wounded. Wolfius kept on saying how he is going to kill Hackor and his family, and now Hackor might die. We need to save Hackor at least long enough so he can lead the troops against the Second Sons, the Ironborn, and those other guys. I see your tricks Liquid. I see them!

[Spare her life] Let have Raenna have a positive influence from Terroma's sacrifice. Noelle might turn into a good guy later on.

• “Row faster, you scum!”, Cleaver Clint barked at the top of his lungs. “I'll be the first man in that city, or else I'll chop off your fucking hands!” He glared at Garthon and Torvin. “These pansy traitors won't beat me to it, you hear me? They fucking won't!” With a sigh, Garthon averted his eyes and looked at Torvin instead. “Brother”, he said and Torvin barely looked up. He noticed the worried expression on the faces of each of his men. This would be it. This would be, where their fates would be decided.

Hm. Maybe a choice.

Hal let out a pained groan as Richard poured the alcohol onto his wound. His teeth were clenched and at least he successfully prevented himself from screaming. Through all of this, Richard noticed that his brother was not moving away from the window. “Richard...”, Alan gasped. “Richard, I think there are people down the path” Richard raised an eyebrow. “Axell and Ed maybe”, he answered, though he knew he was wrong. Quickly, Alan shook his head. “They are more”, he said. “Far more. And they have weapons”

I assume this group is led by Bear? Also, Alan, the best, around.

“We need your men!”, Leonard urged her. “Please, there are people dying in the streets. My people!” Argella looked at him, her face showing no sign of emotion, even if Drent could guess at the battle she was waging in her mind. “Please, princess, without your men, none of mine will see the light of dawn again” Just as Argella opened her mouth to answer, Tariel cut her off. “And why should we be concerned, Ser?”, she asked. “Why should we send our own men to death? Who among you would be willing to do the same for us? Tell us one good reason why your lives matter more than ours”

Grrr, that stupid bitch better say so, especially when such a brilliant knight is doing the convincing. Hell, he's leading the force at the south gate. Finally his tactical skills can come alive. Lucas you better prove your one-eyed worth and get that brat to help out. Interesting, must be that this is before he goes to the south gate, because I doubt he'd come back.

The fire around him barely seemed to bother him, as he approached the downed knight. Leonard struggled to get back to his feet, but one of his men was faster, one of the few that had actually survived the explosion. Without even hesitating, Clayton grabbed his arm, before embedding his sword in the man's side. Letting go of the dying body, he focussed on the knight again, with a satisfied smile on his face. “So then, Leonard Constantine”, he said politely. “How do you wish to die?”

Hm. Explosions. Wildfire I bet. I'm thinking about this scene in context, and unless Kersea is there, I really do think this is Leonard's POV, which is exciting. We almost got one of those, and he'll now graduate to POV status. Sounds like Clayton is likely helping who I assume is Bear and his group at the south gate. God, I really hope Leonard doesn't die. He has such much to live for! I want to see him and Lord Selwyn (speaking of which, maybe someone will be smart and call him for a loan of a million soldiers). But, I guess if he died where explosions are, that's pretty damn cool. I hope Leonard says "In my bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock." or something like "On a sunset beach."

The surrounding Ironborn were not silent. They were chanting, in a low, ghastly tone that sent shivers down Sadie's spine. The large Ironborn turned towards her, blood still dripping down the blades of both axes. Blood had splattered across his entire breastplate, even onto the long, narrow tusks that were attached to the bevor of his armour. It was not enough to fulfil the thirst of blood that was in his eyes. “Durren! Durren! Durren! Durren!”, his men chanted, as Sadie tightly grabbed her sword, her hands shaking in fear. Stallhart slammed his axes together, before pointing both of them right at her.

DURREN STALLHART GET HYPED! If there's one thing I love is a fight between two skilled people in a circle surrounded by other people.

At last, all Garthon had left to do was to draw his sword. The blade slid out of the sheath smoothly, with a faint, metallic sound. In the same movement, he pointed it at the city in the distance. “What is dead may never die!”, he screamed.

And three hundred voices answered to him.

Only 300? Pff, we can take care of that. Yes, yes we can...

Next time on Forum of Thrones: “Row faster, you scum!”, Cleaver Clint barked at the top of his lungs. “I'll be the first man in that ci

• Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Leonard was pretty great. Orys was amazing. I actually enjoyed parts of Richard's POV. Marak was the All-Star. Slaver Bros were fun as always. Brandon has me excited to what happens next chapter ;) . Harrington and Erik Inchyboi have me excited to what will happen to them if they make it out of Oldtown.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 7? Illish and Philip weren't all to exciting(But that Doggy woggy was amazing). I'm glad Tariel and Storm Princess are leaving but hope they let Jax and Bernile stay. She can keep Drent.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? Arthur, Richard, Sadie, and Edrick

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? Drent and Illish by comparison to rest.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 7? Either the chapter end or Richard's wolf finale. WHERE DID THE WOLF!
    Is there anything you disliked?** Lucas being a filthy traitor.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 8 or anything else you'd like to say? Keep on keeping on

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited October 2016

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Vaasrand, that guy is cool, Orys Baratheon, another neat one, Marak, he's pretty good, Lord Donnel Selwyn, he was mentioned, close enough. Drent, an alright man, Lucas, ack, he has gone down a bit (traitor), but he's fine...Harris that poor bastard, Wilfred, he's decent. Samantha and Sasha are good, enough, Sadie is no bad, Edrick is okay, Irving is great, 11/10, Maya is a 7/10 (good by my standards), Ian Shortwood, he did some good things for my man, Leonard, who is the best, still. Doesn't help that he appears in ever

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 7? Wolfius, definitely. Man that guy won't die. Kersea, Alysanne, Clayton. Especially Clayton. Ser Rodrik Stone, what a prick. Bear, he's no chill. Lyria, and her peasant friends. Argella, evil bitch. Sherryl, evil witch. Jenna is the worst. Richard, well, actually, his standing has improved just a bit, but he still stinks. Raenna, I don't really like her? I don't know how to explain it. The Tom, the Sphynx, Maron Mullendore, the usual suspects.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? I enjoyed John's, Jaron's Lucas's, Samantha's, John's, and Maya's, sure. Another POV I liked was Wilfred's, I don't know why.

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? Hm, maybe Raenna's because I lost the original M, Kersea, I don't like her, I don't think I can ever like her, and maybe Lyria? Maybe more neutral on that one.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 7? Maybe the part where the claims were revealed to be fake. I liked that. The Terroma-Marak fight was pretty awesome. One last one, Orys' introduction. I liked that a lot.

Is there anything you disliked? Well, besides giving the city to Maron Mullendore, I've said this before but maybe that the group fights always seem to end the say way. Don't get wrong, I enjoy reading them, but the sense of danger just isn't the same anymore (I would say a good example of a ground fight being the first part of the Battle of the Bastards with the horses). I don't really have any other complaints. Actually, Lucas, traitor, went for a woman and not his bro.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 8 or anything else you'd like to say?

I'm very excited for some battles, my favorites. I want to see some fire, and some pretty awesome sword fights (something like the Harys fight in Episode 6), full on armor, some shield banging (I love me some shield banging), other stuff. I really like to see Leonard and Clayton fight, with explosions nonetheless (I'm more scared for the outcome, but the fight itself sounds pretty awesome).

I'd like to see some more drinking, I like that. Also, maybe a romance that isn't Jaron and Harpy (I had forgotten Jaron was so young).

If you want some advice from me, do more of the introductions you did in Arthur's part - I thought they worked well.

Keep up the good work! I hope we can see the alternate choices real soon, I love that!

• Well seems like I missed the finale. Managed to catch up just now (Seriously this is getting annoying and rude so I do apologize)

I really don't have an opinion on Arthur's choice, that's not a bad thing, its just the choices given are way too expansive for me to pick just one. So I'll hold off on voting him

[Kill Noelle] It's only appropriate that we finish the job, despite what happened, I don't think Noelle can do any good here. It's also a shame to see everyone die just like that, but I understand it. I have a hunch that Terroma might have survived, if Raenna doesn't find a body that is.

My thoughts on the finale and the rest will be given during the chapter synopsis below!

• I must say, this finale really caught me by surprise, I thought the fight between Terroma and Marak would be very one sided since we have the advantage of numbers, but it seems I underestimated Noelle. Plus, I don't believe that I have seen a defector to the lord of light until now, I can't remember if the canon books actually mentioned any of them. Its really sad that we lost 2 major characters, especially the ones we have been seeing since the beginning of the story, but it was just awesome. Great job as always! As for Arthur, I have been anticipating the fact that Wolfius will be making his escape for a long time, since he was so cool and calm about it, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how was he able to communicate with people from the outside. I didn't even expect for the Ironborn to show up this soon, I mean damn that was something, I just hope it doesn't lead to the death of the Breaker brothers.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Hard to pick one but I'd say Samuel, I mean the man is always plotting something and just comes out as a pure badass, I'm very curious to see the confrontation possibly in chapter 8! I always like Raenna she's on my top list. Jaron is great obviously, Maya is badass

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 7? Fucking Clayton and The Tom. Didn't believe they would sink that low just for their own goals, their dark colours are really starting to show especially in this chapter. But speaking of characters I don't like in terms of traits and personality, I'd say its still Edrick, I know I said I'm not really feeling for him since last chapter, but nothing seemed to change, its not that I don't care its just I find his story just slightly boring in my opinion. Areglla became officially classify as 'Power hungry whore' not only doesn't she give a shit about anyone, she just wants titles upon her head just to look powerful. What a bitch. Also, I can't even remember any great parts from Saide, IIsh almost made this list but I'm interested to see how she plays out in the next chapter

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? I'd say in terms of fighting, Jaron definitely takes the cake. the 2 on 1 battle against Samuel was so great that I felt tensed the whole way and defines their characters as expert swordsmen. Really cool to read and have that experience. In terms of story wise, I think Raenna and Richard because they got a lot of progression in their respective storylines which were awesome to read about

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 7? Man I just can't feel for Edrick, I seriously don't know why but his entire story is just well empty to me at least. Don' t let my take on it be negative or offend you, but so far I'm just not feeling his groove. Sadie's wasn't as exciting as it should have been sadly :(

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 7? Strictly speaking there were a lot of parts and moments I enjoyed, but the chapter finales are always the best ones, altogether it was just giant fuck fest of emotions mixed into one and having lots of punches to the gut. The fights between the characters felt very dynamic and interesting, and the interactions between characters just feel very natural and I got used getting those positive vibes from them

Is there anything you disliked? Generally, no. To get into that, I really have to knit pick in order to get into the bad ones. It's like I said before, there are some parts I don't feel excited about maybe because they are not my thing, or to me just not interesting enough. I do like the progression though, it feels much more 'linear' now that I got used to some characters. Something I really don't like though, is when characters don't show up for a long time then they get a new part, an example is Jaron, whose last part took I believe longer than a month to get the next one. This level of inconsistency isn't something I really mind because I definitely understand there are other characters that need the spot light, but it gets annoying after a while.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 8 or anything else you'd like to say? Wow, can't believe its almost been 2 years already. I remember I joined the forums when the pages were still in it's 20's and 30's, but now we are 160 pages ahead! It's so great having to see this much progress done with such great community members, I enjoy arguing with them about different theories and opinions. As always, I'll continue to follow this story until the end, I'm having a blast with this one. I'm sure the others can agree with me. You're doing a wonderful job, I never have thought I would see this story to expand so much, and hell this story is so great to the point its the only forum I'm active in. (Seriously check my posts on my profile) We support you in every single way, and I hope you continue to deliver. Have a good one!

• I'll start with my thoughts on Jaron's part. Very emotional, sad, the old man finally bites the dust. Harpy's reaction was upsetting.

Glad to hear I managed to find an emotional finale to that part of the storyline. A lot of things are going to change in Oldtown now, for the better or the worse. Book 2 Oldtown is probably going to feel very different in many aspects. One thing is for sure, the city is still very screwed.

Now onto Arthur's part. To be honest, I predicted a lot of the stuff in this, but it was still enjoyable. I do think it's kind of ridiculous they actually got away, but I guess there was enough chaos. Ack, I wish we didn't let Mathea treat Wolfius' wounds or whatever.

Yes, you are right, it was mostly a result of the general chaos going on. Wolfius had another trick up his sleeve, but didn't even have to use it because of the Ironborn. Let's just say, he was absolutely certain that he would be able to get away. Unfortunately, there was no way to convince Mathea not to treat Wolfius. She would have seen such an act as murder and would have never agreed to just leave Wolfius to die from his wounds.

Ah, and our climax in Raenna's part. Pretty good. I always like the idea of when equally-matched opponents end up killing each other, and stuff where people fall off cliffs is a favorite mine. Ack, Marak, I actually kind of liked him. He was a bastard, but a bastard I liked. Terroma, eh, sad, but he went out a pretty good way.

That's my own opinion on Marak as well. I enjoyed writing him very much, especially once I brought up his more nasty side, which is also why I gave him that short PoV in the penultimate part, sort of a farewell to his PoV in general. And with Terroma, it certainly has been the best possible ending for him. Others would have included dying rather easily in the labyrinth, or dying at Clayton's hands in the next chapter, but here he at least managed to take his opponent down with him.

It was a nice long finale, and had some pretty good stuff going on. No beast, but that's fine.

Do not worry, the beast is on its way. You'll see it in the next chapter in all its glory :)

Wow. That was certainly surprising. I'll start with my thoughts on Jaron's part. Very emotional, sad, the old man finally bites the dust.

• I'm seeing through your trickery Liquid.

My schemes have been uncovered! It appears now I have to change my plans >:) All jokes aside, I like the way you're thinking there. You're not entirely wrong, although keep in mind that Wolfius does not know where Hackor currently is. In the current chaotic state Raylansfair is in, he'd have to put serious effort into finding Hackor.

Bounden posted: »

[Go after Hackor] I'm seeing through your trickery Liquid. Helping Valarr will either be an ambush where Arthur or Valarr die, or just a was

• Hey Nightshroud, that is not a problem! I fully understand your situation. Your thoughts are always highly appreciated, so I'm happy that you have managed to catch up in time for the chapter finale :)

Well seems like I missed the finale. Managed to catch up just now (Seriously this is getting annoying and rude so I do apologize) I reall

• [Go after Hackor]

[Spare her]

• Liquid is the beast stronger than the Moggy

• Hm. Maybe a choice.

Maybe. The fate of most of the Ironborn (and many other characters) will be up for choice in the next chapter. A lot of characters can potentially die or survive and only very few are set to live or set to die in any case.

I assume this group is led by Bear? Also, Alan, the best, around.

Indeed, those are Bear's men. And Alan Harking will finally make his return, after a long absence, and in a relatively big role as well. I still have plans for him, very important plans.

Grrr, that stupid bitch better say so, especially when such a brilliant knight is doing the convincing. Hell, he's leading the force at the south gate. Finally his tactical skills can come alive. Lucas you better prove your one-eyed worth and get that brat to help out. Interesting, must be that this is before he goes to the south gate, because I doubt he'd come back.

Argella herself might not be too unwilling to help out. The problem will be to convince the people around her. Tariel has a huge grudge against the citizens of Raylansfair and is finally getting to act on it in the next chapter. The problem won't be to convince Argella, the problem will be to be more convincing than Tariel, who has a lot of experience in manipulating others.

Hm. Explosions. Wildfire I bet. I'm thinking about this scene in context, and unless Kersea is there, I really do think this is Leonard's POV, which is exciting. We almost got one of those, and he'll now graduate to POV status. Sounds like Clayton is likely helping who I assume is Bear and his group at the south gate. God, I really hope Leonard doesn't die. He has such much to live for! I want to see him and Lord Selwyn (speaking of which, maybe someone will be smart and call him for a loan of a million soldiers). But, I guess if he died where explosions are, that's pretty damn cool. I hope Leonard says "In my bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock." or something like "On a sunset beach."

There will be explosions indeed and as you know, Clayton has access to the Wildfire, so that is a very likely theory. As for Leonard being the new PoV... ah, I did not want to comment on it, but I don't want to give you the feeling as if you've been led on there. Don't get your hopes up too much just yet. It's not off the table in any way, but it will depend on your choices. Many things will depend on your choices, in the next chapter more than ever. But you can fully expect him to say something equal parts badass and snarky in response to Clayton. Perhaps not a direct Tyrion quote, but I think something into that direction would be very in-character for Leonard in that situation.

DURREN STALLHART GET HYPED! If there's one thing I love is a fight between two skilled people in a circle surrounded by other people.

Durren is going to be a beast in the next chapter. When planning his involvement in the next chapter, I've been inspired by Victarion Greyjoy from the books and that means his own skill might very well surpass Sadie's by far. Won't stop her from fighting him though, no matter the cost. And it will be a great fight, at least I hope so.

Only 300? Pff, we can take care of that. Yes, yes we can...

Well, there is also an unknown number of Second Sond and Bear's men attacking from the other side. The city guard has a strenght of roughly a hundred men, the castle guard has substantially less (I'd say about 30-40), there are a dozen men from Tyrell and a dozen men from Willfred, as well as fifty from Argella. All in all, they get to slightly over 200 men, against a force that might be more than twice as big. On top of that, it has been shown that most members of the city guard have no real fighting experience. Of course, there are capable men like Hackor among their ranks, but also pushovers like Aldus, while the Ironborn consist of highly experienced raiders, like Torvin or Cleaver Clint. The Second Sons are sellswords, trained for war, while Bear's men literally kill for a living. The only ones who can hold against them in terms of experience might be the Stormlanders, who had the best training in Westeros and perhaps Willfred's soldiers, but they are still heavily outnumbered. The situation at the docks is that sixty guards under the lead of Daemion Stratford have to hold their ground against the entirety of the Ironborn raiders.

“Row faster, you scum!”, Cleaver Clint barked at the top of his lungs. “I'll be the first man in that city, or else I'll chop off your fucki

• Leonard was pretty great. Orys was amazing. I actually enjoyed parts of Richard's POV. Marak was the All-Star. Slaver Bros were fun as always. Brandon has me excited to what happens next chapter ;) . Harrington and Erik Inchyboi have me excited to what will happen to them if they make it out of Oldtown.

I never thought I'd get you to enjoy a Harking PoV! Wow, I consider this a serious compliment =) And well, both Harrington and Inchfield will still be in Oldtown the next time we see them, but depending on your choices, they might not stay there forever.

I'm glad Tariel and Storm Princess are leaving but hope they let Jax and Bernile stay. She can keep Drent.

Well, if Argella leaves the city, she is definitely going to take all of her soldiers with her. But I am glad you like Montclair and Torrence, that is going to make a few scenes in the next chapter a lot more exciting, I think. They'll both be among the most important Stormlander characters in the next chapter.

Lucas being a filthy traitor.

At least in his mind he chose what was best for him and for the city. But well, we'll see if loyalty to Raylansfair is truly always the best thing for everyone ;)

Bounden posted: »

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Leonard was pretty great. Orys was amazing. I actually enjoyed parts of Richard's POV. Mara

• Wolfius, definitely. Man that guy won't die. Kersea, Alysanne, Clayton. Especially Clayton. Ser Rodrik Stone, what a prick. Bear, he's no chill. Lyria, and her peasant friends. Argella, evil bitch. Sherryl, evil witch. Jenna is the worst. Richard, well, actually, his standing has improved just a bit, but he still stinks. Raenna, I don't really like her? I don't know how to explain it. The Tom, the Sphynx, Maron Mullendore, the usual suspects.

Without wanting to spoil anything, you might warm up to some of the characters you have mentioned here among your least favourites. Certainly not all of them, but I do spot a couple of names that you might start to like somewhat better by the end of the next chapter. Not Clayton of course, that guy is going to remain a complete bastard for the foreseeable future.

I've said this before but maybe that the group fights always seem to end the say way. Don't get wrong, I enjoy reading them, but the sense of danger just isn't the same anymore (I would say a good example of a ground fight being the first part of the Battle of the Bastards with the horses).

This is definitely going to change in the next chapter. I had to build up many of the characters first, but now, I have gotten to the point where I can actually start to kill them off. There will be some fights that will be absolutely merciless in the next chapter. Many characters will lose their lives, among other things. It'll be gritty, potentially at times even comparable to the massacre that was the Chapter 6 finale.

I'd like to see some more drinking, I like that. Also, maybe a romance that isn't Jaron and Harpy (I had forgotten Jaron was so young).

There will be drinking and there will be romance. While drinking doesn't need any build-up, romance does, although I do have a few pairings in mind (some of them are currently even in the process of getting built-up, while others... well, let's just say there will be some you certainly won't expect)

If you want some advice from me, do more of the introductions you did in Arthur's part - I thought they worked well.

Alright, thanks for the advice! I'll try to do the introductions more in that way :)

Keep up the good work! I hope we can see the alternate choices real soon, I love that!

I'll start writing the alternate choices either today or tomorrow and I hope to have put them up by the end of the week at latest. There are some alternate outcomes I really look forward to share with you!

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 7? Vaasrand, that guy is cool, Orys Baratheon, another neat one, Marak, he's pretty good, Lord

• FUCK YEA DAEMION WILL DESTROY THOSE IRONBORN!!! [hopefully]

Hm. Maybe a choice. Maybe. The fate of most of the Ironborn (and many other characters) will be up for choice in the next chapter. A

• Plus, I don't believe that I have seen a defector to the lord of light until now, I can't remember if the canon books actually mentioned any of them.

Well, Noelle hasn't outright defected from the Lord of Light, but she went against what she saw as his will and she feels horrible because of it. It remains questionable if Briar's death truly was the will of the Lord of Light, or if Noelle just seriously misinterpreted things, but the beginning of the next chapter will shed some more light onto why she did it. She had, in her own mind, a very good reason to burn Briar and she is even going to explain it to Raenna.

Hard to pick one but I'd say Samuel, I mean the man is always plotting something and just comes out as a pure badass, I'm very curious to see the confrontation possibly in chapter 8!

It will be Chapter 9, I'm afraid. I am currently not entirely sure about it, but it seems Jaron won't have any parts in Chapter 8, which will help me focussing fully onto the battle going on in Raylansfair (and by extension in Maybros). But it will happen and it will be badass :)

Areglla became officially classify as 'Power hungry whore' not only doesn't she give a shit about anyone, she just wants titles upon her head just to look powerful. What a bitch.

I am certainly surprised by this one. Argella has many negative traits, but the way I see her, she's neither power-hungry, nor uncaring, but actually quite the opposite. I mean, sure she wanted to take over Raylansfair, but that was because she was absolutely convinced that it rightfully belonged to House Durrandon. After she realized that she had been tricked by Tariel and Sherryl, she instantly renounced her own claim without causing much of a scene. Of course she was disappointed, but that was mostly because Willfred broke his word and screwed her over by revoking his support and because his actions have benefitted Maron Mullendore, whose crimes she had previously learned about. She also cares for Lucas and helped him tremendously and since he is of questionable use at best, she did so out of a feeling of genuine sympathy for him. She has a pretty obvious soft spot for Drent and her being upset at Willfred for screwing her over is at least partially motivated out of worry at what happens to the people in Raylansfair under Mullendore's rule. So, I actually tried my best to bring up some of her more positive qualities in this chapter and I'm surprised you felt the complete opposite. I'm curious could you explain how you got to that opinion? Could it be that you have mixed her up with Sherryl? Because this description you gave sounds an awfully lot like Sherryl. And maybe I should clarify, the person speaking in the 'Next Time'-segment is not her, but Tariel.

Also, I can't even remember any great parts from Saide, IIsh almost made this list but I'm interested to see how she plays out in the next chapter

I can confirm that Sadie is going to have some very good parts in the next chapter. Some of the most intense, grizzly and painful moments will be seen from her PoV and I certainly hope that her storyline in the next chapter will be seen as a highlight. Especially the confrontation with Durren is something I greatly look forward for, even if I am yet unsure of one particular detail. Ilish meanwhile will also have a nice storyline in the next chapter, very intense. She has just met an important and interesting new character, who is really going to shine in the next chapter. Though, since you mention them here, does it mean they are among your least favourite characters, or were their storylines just not that exciting to you in this chapter?

Man I just can't feel for Edrick, I seriously don't know why but his entire story is just well empty to me at least. Don' t let my take on it be negative or offend you, but so far I'm just not feeling his groove. Sadie's wasn't as exciting as it should have been sadly :(

Edrick is still very much in the process of getting built up. He met some very interesting characters who will accompany him on his journey and by the end of his last part, this journey has officially started. Because of that, I am convinced I will be able to make you feel more for him in time. And as I said above, Sadie will be very exciting. Hard to write as well, maybe even hard to read, but definitely action-packed and exciting.

Something I really don't like though, is when characters don't show up for a long time then they get a new part, an example is Jaron, whose last part took I believe longer than a month to get the next one. This level of inconsistency isn't something I really mind because I definitely understand there are other characters that need the spot light, but it gets annoying after a while.

I fully agree with you on this one, it is a problem I always feel bad about. Jaron had a big storyline, but the pacing was not exactly the best. With other storylines, the pacing was even outright horrible. That is the problem of having so many PoV's. I have a plan what I want each PoV to do in each chapter, but I don't have a set order of parts that ensures regular parts for each PoV. I mostly write how I feel, which helps a lot with keeping me excited for each new part. Sometimes, I don't know who I am going to write about until I actually start writing. This leads to mistakes, like pushing out three Jaron parts over the course of a single month, while then having to build up some of the other PoV's, so as not to end his storyline too early. Another grievous mistake was putting so little attention to Marak in the middle of the chapter, as it forced me to push back some of Raenna's parts, since her later storyline had to happen after Marak and Noelle burned down Otis' house. In general, I can't promise that this is going to get much better. I can't write with a set plan that ensures regular parts, because that is going to force me to write a certain part at times where I want to write a completely different part. Samantha is a prime example for this, I ended her storyline so early because I just couldn't wait to write her fight against the Second Sons and the introduction of Orys. But I will try for more regular parts. It's just something I really can't promise. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't.

Wow, can't believe its almost been 2 years already. I remember I joined the forums when the pages were still in it's 20's and 30's, but now we are 160 pages ahead! It's so great having to see this much progress done with such great community members, I enjoy arguing with them about different theories and opinions. As always, I'll continue to follow this story until the end, I'm having a blast with this one. I'm sure the others can agree with me. You're doing a wonderful job, I never have thought I would see this story to expand so much, and hell this story is so great to the point its the only forum I'm active in. (Seriously check my posts on my profile) We support you in every single way, and I hope you continue to deliver. Have a good one!

Oh yes, the 2-years anniversary is going to happen by the end of this year! It feels a bit strange that I've been writing this for so long already, but I have loved every moment of it and with your support, I will write for many years to come, until the story I want to tell is told in its entirety. I love how the story has developed and I absolutely love the support it has gotten so far. I have always enjoyed writing, but I never before had so much fun doing it and this is in no small parts a result of the direct feedback I get for every part, the knowledge that people actually enjoy it. I will certainly do my best to continue delivering these parts in an enjoyable way :)

I must say, this finale really caught me by surprise, I thought the fight between Terroma and Marak would be very one sided since we have th

• Hm, this is not an easy question. I'd say it is more dangerous than the Moggy, because it is a lot faster and a lot smarter and a huge ass direwolf. In terms of physical strength, I feel like the Moggy is slightly stronger and in a strictly physical confrontation, he could have a good chance of winning, although he would almost certainly receive lethal wounds in the process. But the beasts speed and its intelligence would mean that it would probably get the upper hand in a realistic confrontation, by flanking him, by distracting him and by luring him into a trap.

Arrodor posted: »

Liquid is the beast stronger than the Moggy

• If there's anything we know about Wolfius he would out of his way to screw with people.

I'm seeing through your trickery Liquid. My schemes have been uncovered! It appears now I have to change my plans All jokes aside,

• Yes, you are right, it was mostly a result of the general chaos going on. Wolfius had another trick up his sleeve, but didn't even have to use it because of the Ironborn. Let's just say, he was absolutely certain that he would be able to get away. Unfortunately, there was no way to convince Mathea not to treat Wolfius. She would have seen such an act as murder and would have never agreed to just leave Wolfius to die from his wounds.

The mystery deepens...maybe the beast does have something to do with Wolfius after all? Or he was going to break out into a dance number that we can sadly never see?

That's my own opinion on Marak as well. I enjoyed writing him very much, especially once I brought up his more nasty side, which is also why I gave him that short PoV in the penultimate part, sort of a farewell to his PoV in general. And with Terroma, it certainly has been the best possible ending for him. Others would have included dying rather easily in the labyrinth, or dying at Clayton's hands in the next chapter, but here he at least managed to take his opponent down with him.

Dying at Clayton's hands? Hm. Hm. Hm. Interesting that, because I'd assume Clayton would only be doing only thing in the next chapter...

I'll start with my thoughts on Jaron's part. Very emotional, sad, the old man finally bites the dust. Harpy's reaction was upsetting.

• Maybe. The fate of most of the Ironborn (and many other characters) will be up for choice in the next chapter. A lot of characters can potentially die or survive and only very few are set to live or set to die in any case.

Could you answer this question without spoiling: Is the winner and loser of the battle determined by our choices? That would be something...

Indeed, those are Bear's men. And Alan Harking will finally make his return, after a long absence, and in a relatively big role as well. I still have plans for him, very important plans.

You seem to have important plans for everyone, heh.

Argella herself might not be too unwilling to help out. The problem will be to convince the people around her. Tariel has a huge grudge against the citizens of Raylansfair and is finally getting to act on it in the next chapter. The problem won't be to convince Argella, the problem will be to be more convincing than Tariel, who has a lot of experience in manipulating others.

Tariel, you do not want to join the InGen Hate List. To be honest, if the ironborn make into the city, isn't that just going to be worse for them? I have a hard time seeing a reason why the Stormlanders shouldn't join, besides the fact that it isn't their fight (at that moment). Regardless, the place to fight an enemy is where the numbers are roughly even - this won't be the Battle of Helm's Deep, but you know, let's not make it a Battle of Hoth.

There will be explosions indeed and as you know, Clayton has access to the Wildfire, so that is a very likely theory. As for Leonard being the new PoV... ah, I did not want to comment on it, but I don't want to give you the feeling as if you've been led on there. Don't get your hopes up too much just yet. It's not off the table in any way, but it will depend on your choices. Many things will depend on your choices, in the next chapter more than ever. But you can fully expect him to say something equal parts badass and snarky in response to Clayton. Perhaps not a direct Tyrion quote, but I think something into that direction would be very in-character for Leonard in that situation.

Depending on choices? Hm, hm, hm. Interesting. I will keep that in mind, especially with characters related to Leonard. I wonder if Jenna give Saerya Leonard's death warrant choice will play in here...

Durren is going to be a beast in the next chapter. When planning his involvement in the next chapter, I've been inspired by Victarion Greyjoy from the books and that means his own skill might very well surpass Sadie's by far. Won't stop her from fighting him though, no matter the cost. And it will be a great fight, at least I hope so.

Let's hope so.

Well, there is also an unknown number of Second Sond and Bear's men attacking from the other side. The city guard has a strenght of roughly a hundred men, the castle guard has substantially less (I'd say about 30-40), there are a dozen men from Tyrell and a dozen men from Willfred, as well as fifty from Argella. All in all, they get to slightly over 200 men, against a force that might be more than twice as big. On top of that, it has been shown that most members of the city guard have no real fighting experience. Of course, there are capable men like Hackor among their ranks, but also pushovers like Aldus, while the Ironborn consist of highly experienced raiders, like Torvin or Cleaver Clint. The Second Sons are sellswords, trained for war, while Bear's men literally kill for a living. The only ones who can hold against them in terms of experience might be the Stormlanders, who had the best training in Westeros and perhaps Willfred's soldiers, but they are still heavily outnumbered. The situation at the docks is that sixty guards under the lead of Daemion Stratford have to hold their ground against the entirety of the Ironborn raiders.

Ack, Hobert, Hobby, you might have no been the best, but why did you leave? Well, there is one benefit the forces of Roha---Raylansfairs has that they don't. They are the defenders. Ironborn will be rowing on the boats, exposed to arrow fire, and have to fight their way to the city, up stuff, vulnerable. I hope there is some catapult or cavalry charge action. And shield banging (please).

The only one who can save the day is Lord Donnel Selwyn, riding with hundreds riders of Roha---House Selwyn at dawn with Dimitri the Wise to defeat ironborn.

Hm. Maybe a choice. Maybe. The fate of most of the Ironborn (and many other characters) will be up for choice in the next chapter. A

• Without wanting to spoil anything, you might warm up to some of the characters you have mentioned here among your least favourites. Certainly not all of them, but I do spot a couple of names that you might start to like somewhat better by the end of the next chapter. Not Clayton of course, that guy is going to remain a complete bastard for the foreseeable future.

Hm. Well, we'll see. A lot of those characters now have something to do with Leonard, so, we'll see. I remember you said something about Harris getting some redemption, so maybe that's during this, but we'll see.

This is definitely going to change in the next chapter. I had to build up many of the characters first, but now, I have gotten to the point where I can actually start to kill them off. There will be some fights that will be absolutely merciless in the next chapter. Many characters will lose their lives, among other things. It'll be gritty, potentially at times even comparable to the massacre that was the Chapter 6 finale.

Well, I'm excited? I think?

There will be drinking and there will be romance. While drinking doesn't need any build-up, romance does, although I do have a few pairings in mind (some of them are currently even in the process of getting built-up, while others... well, let's just say there will be some you certainly won't expect)

Well as long as we get drinking that's quite alright with me.

I'll start writing the alternate choices either today or tomorrow and I hope to have put them up by the end of the week at latest. There are some alternate outcomes I really look forward to share with you!

And alternate outcomes I really wish we got instead of what we did.

Wolfius, definitely. Man that guy won't die. Kersea, Alysanne, Clayton. Especially Clayton. Ser Rodrik Stone, what a prick. Bear, he's no ch

• I am going to say "told you so" so much when Hackor dies next chapter because we all went to the castle where we are least needed.

• Who are the best fighters in Raylansfair right now?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.