Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• I hope to god the rumored Ghost Rider series on Netflix isn't anything like the movies with Nicolas Cage.

• I hope we see Bullseye in Season 3 of Daredevil.

The first four episodes of DD season 2, was really engaging and awesome. But I feel that when Elektra enters, the season slows down. Season

• I was surprised. I thought after Days of Future Past, I thought the future will be brighter. But it seems like this story is quite dark and sollem.

How many years have passed since DoFP? And is the X-men and mutants gone?

LOGAN

• Speaking of X-Men, did you ever see Apocalypse?

I was surprised. I thought after Days of Future Past, I thought the future will be brighter. But it seems like this story is quite dark and sollem. How many years have passed since DoFP? And is the X-men and mutants gone?

• I know the plot, but I haven't seen it

Speaking of X-Men, did you ever see Apocalypse?

• edited October 2016

Can I give you a suggestion? Don't. XD

The plot is all over the place and Apocalypse is very unintimidating, compared to the animated series or the comics.

4/10

I know the plot, but I haven't seen it

• LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FANBOYS AND FUCKBOYS OF ALL AGES! INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST MOTHER FUCKING TIME IN CINEMA, OLD MAN LOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

MY BODY IS
    H Y P E

• Let's hope Mr. Sinister's character dosen't get dumbed down like Apocalypse's character did.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FANBOYS AND FUCKBOYS OF ALL AGES! INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST MOTHER FUCKING TIME IN CINEMA, OLD MAN LOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN MY BODY IS H Y P E

• About what TAG said, I highly recommend you do see Apocalypse. Despite it's flaws there are some amazing scenes, the cinematography is amazing, the acting is fantastic and Apocalypse, while not living up to his comic book form, is still an interesting villain with a fucking fantastic actor. It isn't by any means a good movie but it has good things about it.

I know the plot, but I haven't seen it

• Eh...it was better than the Last Stand. I'll give it that.

About what TAG said, I highly recommend you do see Apocalypse. Despite it's flaws there are some amazing scenes, the cinematography is amazi

• I hope it is honestly. I fucking loved the first Ghost Rider movie. It might just be because my unyielding love for Cage's ridiculous and over the top performances, but to be fair those action sequences were fucking rad as shit. I mean seriously, I can't be the only one who thought this:

kicked some serious ass, right? This shit was amazing. I really hope that this new series is just as badass, except well written and less Cage-y. But also more Cage-y because I love Cage-y.

I hope to god the rumored Ghost Rider series on Netflix isn't anything like the movies with Nicolas Cage.

• I just hated the way they approached Blackheart and Mephisto.

I hope it is honestly. I fucking loved the first Ghost Rider movie. It might just be because my unyielding love for Cage's ridiculous and ov

• Kinda like at the end of Avengers when they were all eating shawarma. :D

Really excited for this one. The Final Defender is coming. Btw, in Luke Cage, there are many moments where Luke is eating Chinese food.

• That I agree with.

I just hated the way they approached Blackheart and Mephisto.

• Definitely. Although come on, you can't tell me you didn't at least giggle when the Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!"

Eh...it was better than the Last Stand. I'll give it that.

• Honestly I've never been a big fan of Mr. Sinister, so if his character gets dumbed down I won't really mind. Old Man Logan will probably top everything about this movie anyway.

Let's hope Mr. Sinister's character dosen't get dumbed down like Apocalypse's character did.

• edited October 2016

Have you seen Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield? It's the Robbie Reyes version and he's pretty cool in there.

I hope to god the rumored Ghost Rider series on Netflix isn't anything like the movies with Nicolas Cage.

• Only Superhero film I'm looking forward to. It'll be interesting where they go with the story considering whom the girl is(if you don't know, don't look: MAJOR spoiler). This gives options.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FANBOYS AND FUCKBOYS OF ALL AGES! INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST MOTHER FUCKING TIME IN CINEMA, OLD MAN LOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN MY BODY IS H Y P E

• edited October 2016

Hell yes, I have. I love Agents of SHIELD. :D

lupinb0y posted: »

Have you seen Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield? It's the Robbie Reyes version and he's pretty cool in there.

• I giggled. But...I still can't forget what they did to the Phoenix. I never saw her as a giant flaming bird, and since when can the Phoenix disintegrate people?

enter image description here

Definitely. Although come on, you can't tell me you didn't at least giggle when the Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!"

• I would have forgiven the ability to disintegrate if she actually used fire and became a phoenix, but she didn't so it was pretty stupid. But also the CGI used with that power was awesome and I don't think I had ever seen any super hero movie at the time kill that many innocent people at once, so... god dammit I'm too soft on this series.

I giggled. But...I still can't forget what they did to the Phoenix. I never saw her as a giant flaming bird, and since when can the Phoenix disintegrate people?

• When i think of Old Man Logan i always play Hurt in my head, so my heart skipped a beat when i heard it in the trailer. I also wonder if Logan will have anything to do with the death of the X-Men like he did in the comics.

• Yeah, Old Man Logan has always made me think of Johnny Cash songs, but none of them stood out more than Hurt so I was pretty giddy when Hurt was played in the trailer.

Also, I wonder as well. They might deviate from the comics of course but if they do I wonder how they'd explain the clear lack of X-Men in the trailer with him.

papai46 posted: »

When i think of Old Man Logan i always play Hurt in my head, so my heart skipped a beat when i heard it in the trailer. I also wonder if Logan will have anything to do with the death of the X-Men like he did in the comics.

• I think he'll have something to do with it because one scene in the trailer shows his hands trembling and bloodied, so that could be a flashback scene that shows him right after the incident.

Yeah, Old Man Logan has always made me think of Johnny Cash songs, but none of them stood out more than Hurt so I was pretty giddy when Hurt

• edited October 2016

Oh, and what they did to Cyclops was unforgivable (even though I'm not really a fan of him). He's in the movie for, like, 5 minutes in the whole movie and then presumably dies, when he should have had a big part in the movie, considering the Phoenix is the main villain.

I would have forgiven the ability to disintegrate if she actually used fire and became a phoenix, but she didn't so it was pretty stupid. Bu

• Finally finished Luke Cage. And I gotta say it was probably the weakest Netflix MCU show. As the series progressed, I felt like the writing just got sillier and sillier. The second villain was lame as hell, kinda makes me wish they sticked with Cottonmouth. Still, I'm excited to see Luke in Defenders.

• Is it still worth watching, though?

Pipas posted: »

Finally finished Luke Cage. And I gotta say it was probably the weakest Netflix MCU show. As the series progressed, I felt like the writing

• I'd say it's worth watching, mostly because there are a lot of great moments and characters in it. As a whole the story falters a bit, and the ending imo isn't really satisfying. But if you don't go in with too high expectations it should be enjoyable. And yeah, the second villain is not as good as Cottonmouth, but he does have his good moments.

Is it still worth watching, though?

• Yeah, it's good. Not necessarily amazing, but still good. It has its great moments. And Claire is still awesome. I'm glad she got a larger part this time, she only had more of a cameos recently.

Is it still worth watching, though?

• Finished LUKE CAGE. Certainly didnt expect it to end that way. I did enjoy the lack of 'super hero' stuff in this series though. Straight forward season, made a nice change, different watch.

He'll be good in the Defenders series which i'm very much looking forward too!

I'd give the series a 7/10

• Also the music is pretty damn good!

Finished LUKE CAGE. Certainly didnt expect it to end that way. I did enjoy the lack of 'super hero' stuff in this series though. Straight fo

• Soulful af

lupinb0y posted: »

Also the music is pretty damn good!

• Luke is a excellent protagonists and he has great supporting ally in Claire.

Unfortunately the villain wasn't that interesting. Considering how good and engaging The Kingpin and Kilgrave was, this villain feels lacking and two-dimensional.

Finished LUKE CAGE. Certainly didnt expect it to end that way. I did enjoy the lack of 'super hero' stuff in this series though. Straight fo

• The villian we can agree on.

Loved claire in this too. Matt will be happy/slightly annoyed XD

Luke is a excellent protagonists and he has great supporting ally in Claire. Unfortunately the villain wasn't that interesting. Considering how good and engaging The Kingpin and Kilgrave was, this villain feels lacking and two-dimensional.

• The Defenders will have a really awkward love foursome.

Matt kissed Claire. Jessica kissed Luke. Luke kissed Claire. Meanwhile Danny will watch this awkward love conflict evolve. :p

Or let's make it extra fun and have Danny have something with Claire, heh.

The villian we can agree on. Loved claire in this too. Matt will be happy/slightly annoyed XD

• I just went and saw Doctor Strange today, these are just my opinion about the movie and no worries, there won't be any spoilers.

Overall, the movie was solid and entertaining. The visual is stunningly impressive and the action scene are awesome to watch. But the movie is not perfect of course. There are flaws. It follows the general format of an origin story. I personally deeply love the villain, but I feel he is underused. Benedict is great as Doctor Strange, but keep on mind that he is still a novice Sorcerer in this movie.

Considering that this movie follows the intensity of Civil War, the conflict in this movie is still high-staking, but oddly less engaging because these are new characters we are getting used to. The movie have plenty of laughs and Marvel's witty humor.

My advice is, don't walk into the movie, expecting the high quality of Civil War, The Avengers and other good Marvel movies. Watch the movie, knowing that this is an origin story that establish a new powerful hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a whole new and mysterious setting that will no doubt get explored in future movies. So dial your expectation back and you will walk out satisfied.

I give the movie a 7,5/10.

• It's already out? I expected it come out on November 4th...

I just went and saw Doctor Strange today, these are just my opinion about the movie and no worries, there won't be any spoilers. Overall,

• In Europe, we have that luxury of getting it early.

It's already out? I expected it come out on November 4th...

• Oh well, I live in the USA, so it's hard to tell.

In Europe, we have that luxury of getting it early.

• Agreed. That is one of many things on a long, long, LONG list of grievances I have with the third X-Men movie.

Bless Singer and Days of Future Past, for the cosmic retcon.

Oh, and what they did to Cyclops was unforgivable (even though I'm not really a fan of him). He's in the movie for, like, 5 minutes in the w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.