Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• What about Clayton, would you spare him?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Humanity and morals are all the reason I need to save a life. Hell I'd even spare Wolfius if a choice came up.

• Yes. Though at this point I think I hate him even more than Wolfius. Poor Kersea :(

I usually always spare people. I got into quite a few debates with Liquid in another story. There was a character he really wanted dead (your character I believe) and I just wasn't having it :p

xSensus posted: »

What about Clayton, would you spare him?

• I assume Rell won't have a big role in this chapter if you just decided to change that.

Actually, my entire thoughts about his death have been relatively recent. Previously, I had other plans for him and I might go back to them, or take a third option with him. Though with his recent wounds, it is indeed unlikely he'll have that much of a role in this chapter either way.

If Arthur went to the docks, would we have seen him as well? Daemion seems competent, so that's good. Cavalry charge sounds kind of cool, although I guess leading to his death would probably be accurate. I mean, Braveheart, the Battle of the Bastards, etc. didn't do so well for cavalry (except Helm's Deep). Sounds like he has a slightly important role if you didn't want to die there.

If Arthur would have went to the docks, we would have seen the fight through his PoV instead of Garthon's, meaning that both would have gotten a PoV in this part. With the cavalry, it is even worse when you consider how heavily outnumbered they are. A direct cavalry charge is only useful if done with more men. And yes, he still has more to do in this chapter. I also always feel bad when killing of so small character, but it would have been even worse in this part. Arguably, all of the other small characters that have died so far (Robb, Alexander, Jarek, Than, Otis) caused some kind of a response from the PoV who witnessed their death. However, in this case Garthon doesn't even know Daemion's name, so it would have really felt as a waste for his character. On top of that, unlike some characters I killed off early (Robb and Than in particular), Daemion is a rather detailed character, so I feel like he truly deserves better than that.

Looking at it again, I'm thinking it's the one with Durren Stallhart and Sadie or it could be the one with Leonard and Clayton. Neither of those seem like they would be a first part of the storyline thing, although I guess it's possible.

You are right, it is one of these scenes. I'm actually not entirely sure if it will be part of the chapter finale yet. Reason is, this will be a very important part and your reaction will be interesting for me, but the other, safely planned parts of the chapter finale will potentially be just as impactful and I don't want to risk either part overshadowing the others. Then again, having the finale as one huge, continuous amount of shocking developments and twists sounds rather nice as well.

Actually, Rell was the guy whom I mentioned when I said that I think about killing off a character in this part. I decided against it, as I

• I can somewhat confirm this. Darren is better than Harris, but this is mostly a result of the former being twenty years younger than the latter. Harris is not a bad fighter, he just had no chance to show it off so far. But his advanced age is noticeable by now and would give Darren a considerable advantage. That said, the fight probably wouldn't be over in seconds.

Tbh, I think that fight would be over in seconds - Harris has no chance against Darren.

• I agree, this would be very cool! As a knight, Harris deserves a trial by combat and theoretically, he can also be allowed to take the black. In this case, it was Argella who offere this, but it is unlikely Tyrell or the king would see things any different. Even aside from a trial by combat, there are several possible ways how Harris' storyline might end. Redemption is one possible outcome I have semi-confirme earlier. However, even then it might not be redemption in the eyes of everyone.

Actually... oh, hell yes, this talk about trial by comabt gave me inspiration. I don't know why I haven't thought about it earlier, because it fits perfectly into my plans. Now I can confirm, there's a trial by combat coming in the story. I can't tell you when, I can't tell you who will be fighting, but it's coming ;)

I was rereading something I thought of a really cool scene. She looked back at Harris. “I don't know how the Reach deals with murderer

• Great part to open the chapter!

[Carry Rell back to the ship] In my eyes, this is a "why not?" choice. I don't like Rell but I don't hate him as much as others do either, not to the point where I would just leave him to die. If we save him maybe we can get on his good side and he can become useful, somehow.

Act III: Wildfire Chapter II: What Is Dead May Never Die Garthon A cold breeze hit Garthon as he climbed the stairs that led to the

• That is some foreshadowing if I've ever seen any, and by foreshadowing I mean bluntly stating it lol.

I agree, this would be very cool! As a knight, Harris deserves a trial by combat and theoretically, he can also be allowed to take the black

• I usually listen to logic and reasoning when I have the a life in my hands. If we can save another life but sacrificing another, especially if it is someone who I couldn't care fore, I would do it immediately.

Humanity and morals are all the reason I need to save a life. Hell I'd even spare Wolfius if a choice came up.

• Kind of an ass is actually a bit of an understatement. It needs a special kind of person to become friends with Harmund Hoare. That said, he is friends with Harmund and he is the only son of an influential Ironborn captain, so being on his good side might not be entirely without use.

Exactly my reasoning for not wasting our time with bothering us with him. Just get rid of him.

As a matter of fact, you will see Harris very soon and he has a very important role to play in this chapter. That's all I'm going to say about this, but his role in this chapter is among the ones that have been planned the longest.

I can't wait to find out which POV will get to help Harris out, his arc will be exciting.

At the moment, yes, the Ironborn are the antagonists in this chapter and this includes Torvin and Garthon. Both are hopefully more sympathetic than people like Cleaver, but still very much part of the antagonists in this chapter. Perhaps your choices will decide just how antagonistic they will be. Garthon's choice in the next part for example should be pretty interesting from that standpoint.

Garthon is still an Ironborn, not some pansy. He is going to go chop some heads, but hopefully we can direct him at Cleaver if we are lucky.

Also, who cares about Rell Vessels? What did he ever do for us and what can he do for us? Nothing, his dad hates him, he is the lackey of th

• I can't tell you when, I can't tell you who will be fighting, but it's coming ;)

enter image description here

I agree, this would be very cool! As a knight, Harris deserves a trial by combat and theoretically, he can also be allowed to take the black

• You are right, it is one of these scenes. I'm actually not entirely sure if it will be part of the chapter finale yet. Reason is, this will be a very important part and your reaction will be interesting for me, but the other, safely planned parts of the chapter finale will potentially be just as impactful and I don't want to risk either part overshadowing the others. Then again, having the finale as one huge, continuous amount of shocking developments and twists sounds rather nice as well.

That is very concerning, especially if it is in fact the Leonard and Clayton part. Maybe Leonard bites the dust. For a fairly popular character that has been with the story since practically the very beginning and has had a significant role in every chapter, that be pretty sad, and for me, I'd be devastated, obviously. But I doubt you would allude to something like that so bluntly to me, so maybe it is the Sadie part. But if it isn't, then maybe it is a good outcome. Maybe Kersea gets off the naughty list and kills Clayton when Raenna shows up with the squad. Actually, I wouldn't be that surprised if that happened. If Alysanne did it, then I would be. Maybe Leonard and Clayton kill each other. Maybe nobody dies (yeah, right).

You know, if Kersea or Alysanne saved Constantine by killing Clayton, I might just reconsider my hatred for them. "Might" is the key word in that sentence. I will be waiting, watching. I really should go back and see how many of my predictions were accurate. So whenever this chapter ends, I can look back and either curse or compliment myself.

I assume Rell won't have a big role in this chapter if you just decided to change that. Actually, my entire thoughts about his death

• Redemption is one possible outcome I have semi-confirme earlier. However, even then it might not be redemption in the eyes of everyone.

Certainly not Ser Darren Tallwood. The Harrisshank Redemption is not for everyone.

Actually... oh, hell yes, this talk about trial by comabt gave me inspiration. I don't know why I haven't thought about it earlier, because it fits perfectly into my plans. Now I can confirm, there's a trial by combat coming in the story. I can't tell you when, I can't tell you who will be fighting, but it's coming ;)

And it's going to be because of me. Nice. I'm surprised you haven't thought of it either. If the death warrant wasn't you know, being dealt with, I would have guessed Leonard vs. like the Tom or Moggy. But since not, that since you can't tell me when, or who, I can't exactly guess. Well, actually Wolfius Woodbark vs. somebody would be kind of fun.

Still, when that part comes out I expect credit, heh.

• Mercy! Mercy! Mercy!

Mathea posted: »

[Carry Rell back to the ship] Let's be human..

• [Carry Rell back to the ship]

You know my reasoning to theses things by now.

Also glad to see Edward back. He was only briefly mentioned last chapter.

Act III: Wildfire Chapter II: What Is Dead May Never Die Garthon A cold breeze hit Garthon as he climbed the stairs that led to the

• Voted Lucas, because he wants to destroy Maron, whereas I think Jaron just wants to survive and keep Harpy safe.

POLL http://strawpoll.me/11487194

• Vengance vs Guardian?

Voted Lucas, because he wants to destroy Maron, whereas I think Jaron just wants to survive and keep Harpy safe.

• I'd vote neither.

• Who then?

I'd vote neither.

• At the moment Argella or The Tom. Argella could easily destroy him once she tells her father, The Tom knows near everything about Butterfly, he could just betray him whenever he wants.

Who then?

• Well in terms of rivals I was naming people that actually have a rivalry and a history with Mullendore.

At the moment Argella or The Tom. Argella could easily destroy him once she tells her father, The Tom knows near everything about Butterfly, he could just betray him whenever he wants.

• The greatest would have been The Burned Man, but he's dead now, so I'd say it's someone we don't know yet. But between those two, Jaron since he's with harpy and she fucked up Mullendore real bad.

Well in terms of rivals I was naming people that actually have a rivalry and a history with Mullendore.

• [Leave him to die] I'm sorry for Rell but lose precious time during a raid to save the life of a person that is everything except a friend and risk with this choice the life of the loved brother is just WRONG (obvioulsy I'm not going to force my opinion but I must admit that the other choice,from a reader PoV it's not a very cool one)

PS:btw cool start for this chapter
    PS2:you know guys that Garthon presence is essential to save Raylainsfair people from Cleaver Clint,right?

• I would probably vote Harpy because she has the longest history with him and probably Mullendore's biggest strategic rival.

• Eh, I can see why you and others might think that but I disagree. But for arguments sake let's keep it between Lucas and Jaron (in regards to the poll)

Bounden posted: »

I would probably vote Harpy because she has the longest history with him and probably Mullendore's biggest strategic rival.

• I would probably chose neither too, but for argument's sake it would still be a tough choice. Lucas probably sees him as a looming doom that he is trying to warn everyone about, and Jaron sees him as a doom that he is desperately trying to escape along with Harpy. A rival means that they are on some sort of equal footing, and Mullendore is above both Lucas and Jaron in almost every way(except for physical, but he has a personal army of guardsmen and Riddlers to back him up.).

Eh, I can see why you and others might think that but I disagree. But for arguments sake let's keep it between Lucas and Jaron (in regards to the poll)

• That is very concerning, especially if it is in fact the Leonard and Clayton part. Maybe Leonard bites the dust. For a fairly popular character that has been with the story since practically the very beginning and has had a significant role in every chapter, that be pretty sad, and for me, I'd be devastated, obviously. But I doubt you would allude to something like that so bluntly to me, so maybe it is the Sadie part.

I think I made a mistake there. I did not only mean your reaction, I meant your reactions, as in, the reactions of every reader. I didn't meant to particularly concern you with this statement. There'll be death, deaths actually, and other things involved in this chapter finale and each of the possible parts of it will be very important for the future of their respective PoV's and more.

I really should go back and see how many of my predictions were accurate. So whenever this chapter ends, I can look back and either curse or compliment myself.

You have made a lot of accurate predictions in the past, though at times, if you were wrong you were really wrong. I'm looking forward to see how accurate you will be this time.

You are right, it is one of these scenes. I'm actually not entirely sure if it will be part of the chapter finale yet. Reason is, this will

• Also glad to see Edward back. He was only briefly mentioned last chapter.

Indeed, he has only been mentioned in the last chapter. But I can confirm that he will be back in a substantial role here. Actually, this will be his biggest chapter so far :)

Lord_EAA posted: »

[Carry Rell back to the ship] You know my reasoning to theses things by now. Also glad to see Edward back. He was only briefly mentioned last chapter.

• PS:btw cool start for this chapter

Very glad to hear it! I hope to maintain and exceed that level with the coming parts :)

PS2:you know guys that Garthon presence is essential to save Raylainsfair people from Cleaver Clint,right?

Essential? Hm, maybe and Cleaver Clint is certainly extremely dangerous for the entire city. That said, I would consider Torvin the bigger threat for the people of Raylansfair right now. Cleaver Clint is more like a wild animal in terms of danger he poses and if left uncontrolled, he will certainly kill dozens before leaving eventually, while Torvin has a bigger picture in mind.

[Leave him to die] I'm sorry for Rell but lose precious time during a raid to save the life of a person that is everything except a friend a

• This is a very interesting poll, always a pleasure to see these! Though it seems that currently, it is very one-sided in favour of Lucas and I can sort-of see why. His grudge against Mullendore is of a more personal nature and his hatred against him is stronger, while Jaron never really lost anything thanks to Mullendore. That said, Mullendore considers neither a true rival, although he has more of a connection to Lucas and wants his death more than he wants Jaron's death.

• Certainly not Ser Darren Tallwood. The Harrisshank Redemption is not for everyone.

Indeed, Darren is probably going to have a hard time accepting any redemption for Harris. But I think there will be some readers who will feel similarly in the end. Wether or not Harris achieves redemption in the end might not only depend on your choices, but on your personal opinion as well.

And it's going to be because of me. Nice. I'm surprised you haven't thought of it either. If the death warrant wasn't you know, being dealt with, I would have guessed Leonard vs. like the Tom or Moggy. But since not, that since you can't tell me when, or who, I can't exactly guess. Well, actually Wolfius Woodbark vs. somebody would be kind of fun.

I am really surprised I haven't thought about this so far either, because it will make for a great plotline. I can already see how this is going to affect the story, how some choices could influence the outcome. I'm still needing a second combatant though, so far I only have one character who is going to fight for sure. It is an already introduced character, that much I can reveal and there's the chance that the other combatant will be an already introduced character as well.

Still, when that part comes out I expect credit, heh.

And credit you shall get! Well, it probably depends if I manage to remember it until then. While it will happen, it is definitely not something that happens in the next couple of chapters.

Redemption is one possible outcome I have semi-confirme earlier. However, even then it might not be redemption in the eyes of everyone.

Hope this doesn't cause Torvin to lose his life. I love the Breaker bros, and just the ironborn in general.

• RIP Torvin

DiverseGnu posted: »

[Carry Rell back to the ship] Hope this doesn't cause Torvin to lose his life. I love the Breaker bros, and just the ironborn in general.

• [Leave him to die] It's nice to have finally caught back up!

• Welcome back, Loki! I'm very happy to hear this and you have caught up at a perfect time :)

Loki522 posted: »

[Leave him to die] It's nice to have finally caught back up!

• The Voting is closed!

Garthon is going to carry Rell back to the ship

I was not sure how you would decide. I mean, I expected many of you to try and save him, though at the same time, I hope that I have made it clear that Rell is, to put it mildly, a piece of shit, so I also expected many of you to argue into the other direction. That said, I am not unhappy that I'll get the chance to show him a couple more times. It remains to be seen if he's truly going to be grateful towards Garthon in any way, but well, it at least means that you'll get to know him a bit better in the future, for the better or the worse.

The next part is going to be out later today, after I return from university (which I'm about to head to in a few minutes). As I have said before, it will feature a PoV for Raenna which I am about to finish and I will also have room for a second PoV, which is probably going to be Lucas. That said, I have some concerns about the length of Lucas' PoV, so it is entirely possible that I will decide on a shorter PoV instead, to give Lucas an entire part. It's both likely at this point, though I try my best to give this second PoV to Lucas. And well, as for Raenna's PoV, it will include a couple of very important things, so I implore you to pay close attention ;)

Before this part will be out however, there's a special for you. Like TheFurryOne and Arrodor before, @Mathea has written a great part about her character, which you'll get to read now! Hope you enjoy :)

• History and Lore: Mathea

There were still a few good minutes before the sun melting down beyond the horizon. Briskly, Mathea was walking towards her favorite, secluded place at the edge of the steep but not high cliff, decorated with monumental stone in the middle of it. She loved to sit there- whenever time allowed her - and watch the sunset. Before Damien’s death there was almost no possibility of catching a breath, since he and the others in need required all her attention. Now, since he was gone, Mathea decided to get more rest every day, especially that in a few months she was supposed to start her journey – to Raylansfair, on behalf of her dearest teacher, who passed away.

One of her hands was resting on a necklace pendant that she received on her 18th birthday, while the other one was brushing twigs away on the final section to her secret solitude spot.

When she finally arrived with her eyes focused on the horizon, she took one deep, loud breath and simply fell down on the soft grass beneath her. Last of the day, warm rays of sun stroked her porcelain skin while wind gently ruffled her black hair. Smile appeared on her face shortly after, while tears started to flow from beneath the curtains of dense eyelashes. She will soon leave this place which was her home for the last years, or actually for whole her known life.

“You will be back, you stupid. Don’t even think otherwise. It’s just some kind of assignment.” She started the monologue. “Stop crying then and gather up!” she groaned silently, while pushing herself up, sitting comfortably. Mathea’s eyes opened, meeting her favorite moment of the day with a wide smile and wet nose. “I will miss this place…” she said again, starring and enjoying the view.

“I will miss it too, it’s quite beautiful sight from here.” a male voice echoed from her left side. Mathea recoiled backwards in sudden shock, realizing that she was not alone without even noticing that before. Her mind was so occupied with her trip arrangements and other worries that she did not even inspected her surroundings.

“Oh, sorry, I did not want to scare you!” he continued, seeing how baffled she was. To calm her, he decided to smile. Smile is always the best way of unloading the tension between people – so did his smile.

It was yellow, rotten smile with mouth full of crooked teeth. As horrendous most people would take it, Mathea accepted it genuinely, responding by herself with wide and honest smirk. “I also did not plan to listen to your monologue, but I had no other choice.” He added, winking. Mathea felt, how her face warmed up from the shame she just experienced. The man seen her cry and talk to herself as some kind of madwoman.

“I just did not expect anyone to be here. It’s kind of secret place of my. Never seen anyone in here except my friend.” She answered, slightly changing her expression at the end of the sentence to more gloomy. Only Damien knew about that place and now he was gone…. Forever.

“Perhaps this is the reason I had chosen it for my camp tonight…” he started, which made Mathea narrow her eyes slightly. “Are you hiding from someone?” she asked.
    The man shook his head, visibly realizing how it must been sounding at first.

“Oh, no, no! I am travelling at this moment and since I prefer to rest in the nature, away from the people, this place seem to be perfect for that.” He smiled again, this time with closed mouth.

The man was around fifty years old, quite pudgy and with visible hair loss. He had a ponytail made out of what he had left and was wearing some simple, linen clothes. Just then she noticed blood on one of his sleeves.

“What happened to your arm? Is that your blood?” she asked immediately, focusing now on his reactions. She couldn’t see the wound from this perspective, therefore she decided to simply ask before acting and helping the unknown man. He seem to be abashed and surprised by her straightforwardness.

“It’s nothing, really… I just scratched myself on the edge of the rock while travelling here.” He answered with a confidence and gentle smile.
    “I see.” She said shortly. “May I take a quick look?”

He again looked baffled with her curiosity level and even tried to say something in the response on her question, which in reality appeared to be rhetorical. Swiftly she managed to reach him on her knees and hands. Shortly after she was looking into his eyes, awaiting the man’s approval.

“Aren’t you too curious, young lady?” he finally managed to find words, starring at her with same curiosity as she was at him.

“This is just how I am, especially seeing that it’s causing you pain.” She responded quickly, not taking her eyes out of his. Another score – his pupils narrowed visibly and more sweat appeared on his pale forehead.

“When did it happen? Did you manage to disinfect it? I mean, decontaminate it, you can do it with alcohol. Is it deep? Really, simple scratch on the rough stone does not give so much blood. You look weak and you seem to lose some blood… please don’t tell me that wound is still open! Who did this to you?” she sniffled audibly. “Oh no, it’s smelling bad, which is not good!”

His mouth were slightly open and he was totally speechless under the shower of questions and conclusions she just made – he did not even try to push her warm hands away of his sleeve, while her precise fingers just ripped it off with one fast move. As she though it was a cut wound – pretty deep, gruesome and already at the stage of the infection. Purulence was visibly present, which gave that horrible smell.

“There, there. I will help you and you will feel better. Do you even realize that this could kill you? Even a small cut which is not taken care of properly can kill a strong, grown man!” she started, while looking around the bushes for certain herb, which will ease his pain until later treatment with specific medicaments she have at her house.

“As I can see it happened not THAT long ago, which is actually good news for both of us… but remember for the future – if you don’t know how to stitch yourself or do other things which should be done, or have no one around you to do it – keep the wound clean and bandaged tightly!” her lungs lacked air for a moment there, however this did not stop her from treating the old man’s wound with picked meanwhile herbs.

The man was following her each move with some kind of fascination, which she noticed meanwhile doing her work. He seemed to be impressed with her knowledge and deduction abilities at such young age. The look in his eyes reminded her of Damien, who was always proud of her progress in his lectures about anything.

“Don’t you even want to know, who did this to me and why?” he finally spoken, regaining his composure. His voice was different from the one before and it sounded genuine, compared to the previous one.

Mathea smiled and raised her exotic colored eyes up to face his. “Not really. But I am glad you knew how to defend yourself and did not get yourself injured more badly or even killed.” She commented, nodding towards his luggage from underneath which two dagger blades were visible, covered in dried blood.

They both exchanged a little smile. “I see you have quite an eye for details.” He complimented.

“If your opponent would strike upper, here” she pointed on his brachial artery “You would not have much chance of surviving without skilled medic by your side – an I literally mean – by your side.” She said with a bit of worry in her voice. She just met the man, but he gave her impression of someone who is not an ordinary person and have a goal in his life, which simple cut could destroy.

“Impressive…” he commented, still with that warm smile on his face. “But how do you know you can trust me? What if I could simply cut your throat open now, after you finish with me?”

Mathea stopped for a moment, looking at him with slight surprise. Her expression got a bit colder for a moment, since she did not expect to hear something like this from pudgy man. She noticed before that he was not being totally honest with her from the very beginning, but since his voice changed – also changed his honesty. He sounded seriously now in his own way.

“Well…” she started, taking her hands away of him. “Maybe because you don’t know what I just placed in your wound and how fast it may start working, while in direct contact with your blood system…?” her eyes narrowed, while one of the mouth corners went up. His smile got wider, same as hers.

“Clever girl. I thought your braveness will disappear same fast as you can start crying.” He smirked and started to laugh.

Mathea smiled back, while ripping off part of her robe, which she started to tightly bandage over the injury. This man was something special, she felt it. “The crying happens really rarely. Sometimes you just need to unload the emotions that are overflowing you. Some are crying, others are doing more damaging for their bodies and minds things.” She commented with slightly cloudy look.

“I’ve treated many people in my short life, as stupid as it sounds for my age.” She started again. “However I can see with ease if someone have a good heart or not. If you would want to kill me, I also believe you could do that before me even noticing it, especially that I have no combat training at all.” She said, while finishing tying of the provisional bandage.

“Ready. Now, if you trust me enough that those herbs were medical herbs not anything which could actually kill, you will follow me to my place, where I can help you in a better way.” She said, while standing up and stretching her slightly numb legs.

Man nodded and after a moment of observation of his covered in cloth arm, he stood up.

“Thank you. I never expected to get help out of nowhere, especially without searching for it. This is really special day which will remain in my memory for the future. The day, where faith in humanity got restored.” He said, grabbing his luggage in healthy hand. “How can I return the favor?” he asked.

“I don’t know, perhaps you could give me few tips and tricks for how to handle this blades of yours?” she grinned with excitement on her face. She thought that perhaps it may come in handy one day, especially while living close to the woods. “But for the beginners of course!” she laughed afterwards, clapping her hands.

“Well, perhaps I could. However to do that, I need to know the name of my newest student. This are the rules in the trainer’s world we are living in now.” He stretched his own muscles now, preparing for a road trip ahead.

“My name is Mathea.” She answered, starting to walk towards the exit and leading the way in same.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mathea.” He answered with a yellow smile. “My name is Terroma.”

• Terromathea

Mathea posted: »

History and Lore: Mathea There were still a few good minutes before the sun melting down beyond the horizon. Briskly, Mathea was walking

Sign in to comment in this discussion.