What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

• I wish Jefferson Airplane had been able to make a video like this.

• Good song, but my least favorite of Metallica's Unforgiven trilogy. I found The Unforgiven 3 on Death Magnetic to be the best of the bunch, with the original coming in at a close second.

Kenny726 posted: »

I suppose this is blasphemy, but I'm finding that I enjoy the Unforgiven II just as much as the first installment. It contains similiar them

• I haven't been keeping up with Metallica too much, so I didn't know they had a new album coming out. I'll have to check out some of the songs on YouTube. How would you say the album is overall?

All of this

• I just realized that I had only listened to the Unforgiven III once or twice. I gave it a few re-listens, and I'm realizing that I love it also. I dislike picking favorites when I see a lot to like in each option, so I think all three are pretty much tied in my eyes. Thanks for making me even more conflicted there.

Good song, but my least favorite of Metallica's Unforgiven trilogy. I found The Unforgiven 3 on Death Magnetic to be the best of the bunch, with the original coming in at a close second.

• Fantastic, however, I do find that the album before it, Death Magnetic, was a bit stronger. This is a double album, and the first CD is simply amazing, there's not a single bad track on it. Tracks like Hardwired, Moth, and Halo are reminiscent of their 80's material. The second CD does falter a bit however, it's a bit more experimental, much like their 90's albums like Load and Reload, and that's the problem. They fall into the same problem that those albums had, they recorded way too many songs and it started becoming a bit repetitive and even boring. I'm not against a band trying new things, but it just didn't work with me on a couple of these tracks. Confusion and ManUNkind are good songs, and Muder One is a great tribute to late Motorhead singer Lemmy, but Am I Savage? may be one of the worst Metallica songs I've ever heard, it really should have been scrapped. But, it's all worth it, because it closes out on the album's best track by far, Spit Out The Bone. My God, this song is just fucking amazing, it may be one of my new favorite Metallica songs, maybe even Top 10 material.

Overall grade: 8.7/10

Overall Metallica Discography ranking:

1. Master of Puppets (1986)
    2. Ride the Lightning (1984)
    3. Death Magnetic (2008)
    4. ...And Justice for All (1988)
    5. Hardwired...To Self Destruct (2016)
    6. Kill Em All (1983)
    7. Metallica/The Black Album (1991)
    8. St. Anger (2003)
    9. Load (1996)
    10. Reload (1997)

Song Rankings:

1. Spit Out The Bone (if there's one song to check out on Youtube, it's this one)
    2. Halo on Fire
    3. Hardwired
    4. Moth Into Flame
    5. Lords of Summer (bonus track on Deluxe Edition)
    6. Atlas Rise
    7. Murder One
    8. Now That We're Dead
    9. Confusion
    10. ManUNkind
    11. Dream No More
    12. Here Comes Revenge
    13. Am I Savage?

I haven't been keeping up with Metallica too much, so I didn't know they had a new album coming out. I'll have to check out some of the songs on YouTube. How would you say the album is overall?

• You're welcome

Kenny726 posted: »

I just realized that I had only listened to the Unforgiven III once or twice. I gave it a few re-listens, and I'm realizing that I love it a

• I've been listening to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. I wondered what all the hype was about (mainly from @MetallicaRules) and I have to say it's pretty good.

• Eh, that song is overrated and overplayed, there's a ton of Metallica songs better than that.

CosmicSouls posted: »

I've been listening to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. I wondered what all the hype was about (mainly from @MetallicaRules) and I have to say it's pretty good.

• edited November 2016

What would you recommend?

Eh, that song is overrated and overplayed, there's a ton of Metallica songs better than that.

• My usual response: all of them.

In all seriousness, Sandman is a good start when getting introduced to Metallica, it serves as a gateway to their music, just know that they have music heavier than that. Their best album is easily Master of Puppets, every single song on that record is amazing, but to narrow it down to a few, I would recommend the title track, Battery, Orion, and Disposable Heroes. My personal favorite Metallica song is One from the album ...And Justice For All, and other great tracks from the band's career to start you out with are:

• Seek and Destroy, The Four Horsemen (Kill Em All)
    • For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade to Black (Ride the Lightning)
    • Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters (Metallica/The Black Album)
    • Hero of the Day (Load)
    • Fuel and The Memory Remains (Reload)
    • All Nightmare Long, The Day That Never Comes (Death Magnetic)
    • Moth Into Flame, Spit Out The Bone (Hardwired...To Self Destruct)
    CosmicSouls posted: »

What would you recommend?

• edited November 2016

Guys, I'm not even Irish.

• Am I Pretty - The Maine

• Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter

• edited November 2016

Usually my music library of 200 + songs in Rockband Blitz. I used to listen to YouTube constantly, yet I have a variety of different music that I enjoy playing in Blitz. Alternative Rock, Funk, Stevie Wonder, Classic Rock, even four Pantera songs. (Though I rarely listen to Metal anymore). I really hope that Harmonix makes export possible again for Rockband. I missed the export option and I absolutely regret it now. I really want to export Rockband and Rockband 2 to play in Blitz. My 200 + songs are all songs that I bought individually over the course of six or seven months for $2 each.

• edited November 2016

ScHoolboy Q is a fundamentally intense rapper with a visual flair in his music videos largely unmatched. Very good shit here.

• edited November 2016

• edited November 2016

enter link description here

Can't post it for some reason.

EDIT: Fixed (I think)

• I'm not even religious, the song is just too awesome.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.