Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Give him more blood]

To care or not to care......is it even a question? Yes, a trick one.

Edward is amazing this chapter.

Alys Nervously, Alys glanced at Alisa, who gave her a short, encouraging nod. Then, she extended her hand towards Edward. “Do it then”, s

• I am very glad to hear this! It's always the highest praise when someone enjoys the way I write their characters. Considering that Edward is a pretty complex guy, he's not the most easy to write, so it makes me happy to hear that you find him amazing :)

Lord_EAA posted: »

[Give him more blood] To care or not to care......is it even a question? Yes, a trick one. Edward is amazing this chapter.

• Are you not voting on Samantha's choice?

[Give him more blood] To care or not to care......is it even a question? Yes, a trick one. Edward is amazing this chapter.

• Yeah I was unsure about it. But I think I am now.

[Fortify the upper floor]

AgentZ46 posted: »

Are you not voting on Samantha's choice?

• It's great, absolutely great. You have done a fantastic job so far. And of course I made him complex, you don't want me to make characters that can be easily written do you? Where's the fun in that? ;)

I am very glad to hear this! It's always the highest praise when someone enjoys the way I write their characters. Considering that Edward is a pretty complex guy, he's not the most easy to write, so it makes me happy to hear that you find him amazing

• Hah, you are right for sure! I certainly like the challenge he provides, even if I constantly have to worry about playing up his more positive traits too much or making him seem like too much of an irredeemable asshole. It's good to hear that so far you enjoy him. Hopefully this will continue =)

It's great, absolutely great. You have done a fantastic job so far. And of course I made him complex, you don't want me to make characters that can be easily written do you? Where's the fun in that?

• Could you PM me what you think it is? There are 2 things in this part that haven't been commented on yet.

[Draw sword and follow the creature] Black fur? Check. Yellow eyes? Ugh, check (right?) But it is probably not the beast? Or maybe it is.

• [Refuse] Eh....... nah. Though I will say, Edward is growing on me.

[Defend the ground floor] Well... they need more help, and I think overall this is the better choice. I'd rather even it out than have one overpowering side and one weak side.

Alys Nervously, Alys glanced at Alisa, who gave her a short, encouraging nod. Then, she extended her hand towards Edward. “Do it then”, s

• The Voting is closed!

Alys is going to refuse Edward's request of giving him more of her blood

Samantha is going to fortify the upper floor

This has not been the most active voting, though I think it has been open long enough. Maybe next one will be more active. Anyways, these are actually the choices I have planned with, though I had alternatives in mind for both as well. Let's just say, especially the second choice in this part would have changed quite a lot in Samantha's next part and beyond. This might even be a candidate for future "What If's". The first choice meanwhile is going to change something as well of course, mostly affecting Alys' halth and those of the raiders in one way or the other. Edward has a fairly neutral opinion about this either way, as he really doesn't care for these Ironborn.

The next part would have been ready yesterday on a normal weekend, but I must admit that I had really little time for the last two days and as a result didn't make as much progress as I would have liked to. This means, I am not entirely sure if I will manage to finish the part today, even if I am trying my best. I don't want to keep you waiting for too long there. Currently, I have written half of a Jenna PoV, but I am sure I will manage to include a second PoV, which will be from Ilish's Point of View most likely, although Drent would be another possibility. Anyways, the last time we have seen Jenna was a few weeks ago. Back then, she managed to warn Leonard that Sherryl is plotting to murder him (which, of course, didn't prepare him for the far less subtle Clayton), something he took quite seriously. Afterwards, she and Saerya planned their next move. While Saerya left to find Daghan, Jenna was sent to Carma's house, to make sure that the Strad family makes it to the castle. Meanwhile, Ilish had her encounter with the mysterious Ryler Grimthorn. You may remember that there has been a bit of exposition on the Grimthorns in general in TheFurryOne's latest part of his mini-series. This next part might reveal a bit more, because Ilish decided to team up with Ryler, who wishes to stop Wolfius. If anything, this should make for an entertaining storyline in this chapter. And well, I try my best to continue writing now, which hopefully should be done in a few hours.

• halth?

The Voting is closed! Alys is going to refuse Edward's request of giving him more of her blood Samantha is going to fortify the upper

• Jenna! I'm really excited now.

The Voting is closed! Alys is going to refuse Edward's request of giving him more of her blood Samantha is going to fortify the upper

• health

halth?

• What Furry said XD The E-button on my keyboard is currently not working properly, which makes writing slightly more time-consuming than usual, since I always have to double-check every word with that letter in it. Sometimes, I just don't notice. Don't be surprised if you find me making a number of mistakes in that direction for the new few weeks, though a replacement should arrive around Christmas =)

halth?

• Very glad to hear it! There should be some exciting scenes in it, so hopefully it'll live up to the expectations :)

Jenna! I'm really excited now.

• You mean Janna right. Liquids E button is broken.

Jenna! I'm really excited now.

• edited December 2016

Wall don't worry. I can guass what you mant anyway. I just hopa tha naxt part doasn't involva Anturion, that would ba awkward.

What Furry said XD The E-button on my keyboard is currently not working properly, which makes writing slightly more time-consuming than usua

• Jenna

The Ironborn came closer. Jenna could already hear them, just a few streets away, slaughtering, plundering. And she heard the screams, of those who died and of those who had it even worse. Of course she was afraid. More than that, she was close to a panic.

She would have tried to run, but she had run for the last mile, across half of the city and by now, she had reached the point where she would have collapsed if she would have tried any of this. She basically had to force herself to just keep going at all.

But Carma's house was not far. She could already see it, just at the end of the street. With tears in her eyes, Jenna broke into one final sprint. She would make it at least there, even if she had no idea on how to make it back to the castle.

Gasping for air, she stopped in front of the Strad's house, almost bumping into the wooden door. Through a window, she noticed the candles. She clenched her fists, as she began slamming them against the door. “Carma!”, she yelled. “Carma, it's me!” She noticed how panicked her voice sounded.

The door was opened, just a gap and Jenna looked into Carma's deep blue eyes. It was as if she was looking into a mirror. Carma had always seemed so strong, but now she was visibly afraid, timid even. “Jenna?”, she asked, as she fully pushed the door open, only to pull her into a brief hug. As she momentarily wrapped her arms around her, Jenna noticed how tensed up she was. “What are you doing here?”

Behind her, Jenna could see Farrell and Mickaela cowering behind a table. Seeing them caused her to straighten her back. Everything inside of her urged her to just collapse in Carma's arms, but she refused. She knew, none of them would survive the night in such a case. Jenna wasn't believing in herself, but she knew Saerya was and that was good enough.

“What are you doing here?”, she asked in return as she separated from her, her voice only sounding a little bit meek and certainly stronger than Carma's. The other woman had cried not long ago. “I... I wanted to leave”, she said, before taking a step aside, fully revealing her children. Jenna noticed that her youngest, just a few months old, was lying on a blanket behind the twins.

“They are afraid, Jenna”, Carma whispered. “I am not strong enough to force them, not on my own” Now, tears welled up in her eyes. “And Urid... I don't know what happened to Urid!” Jenna put both of her hands onto the woman's shoulders. “Listen to me”, she spoke. “I'm here, I will help you. We must get to the castle”

“I... I would have left, but I can't do that alone, not with the kids, I...”, Carma stuttered. Before she was able to continue, Jenna pushed her inside heavily. She quickly stepped into the room and closed the door behind her, locking it as she putting a finger onto her lips.

“They are coming”, she said, having heard the noise coming closer. She rushed to the candle, quickly blowing it out, just as Carma heard it as well. Her eyes widened, though she remained silent. Mickaela did the same, showing a remarkably calm attitude for a five years old, as she immediately knelt down next to her younger brother, to prevent him from crying. It was her twin brother, Farrell, who started to sob as he heard the men. Carma crawled towards him, pulling him into a close hug, though it didn't stop his loud weeping.

“You're getting soft”, a rough voice barked. “He could have taken more” Loud laughter followed. “Not much though”, another man answered. From the sound of their footsteps, it was clear to Jenna that they were only those two, at least at the moment. Right now, she knelt next to the door and below the window, glancing around in the hopes to find a weapon. Her eyes settled on a knife, lying on the table.

And she heard another noise, far more terrible. The whimpering of a young woman. Instantly, she felt fear crawling up her back. “Stop whining, girl”, one of the men barked. “You can be lucky it's me who found you and not Cleaver. Just be silent and you can be my salt wife”

“Speaking of”, the other man snarled and Jenna held her breath as both of the raiders stopped walking, right in front of Carma's house. They were silent, as were Jenna and Carma. The only thing they hard was Farrell's audible sobbing.

Now, Jenna heard one of the men walking up to the door. Through a small gap in the wood, she was able to hear his breathing. “I believe there is someone in here”, he said to his companion and this was enough for Farrel to sob loudly. Jenna's eyes widened as she looked at Carma, who frantically tried to calm down her son.

“Yeah, someone's in there”, the Ironborn repeated and his breath went faster with excitement. As silently as she could, Jenna started to crawl towards the knife. “Eh, does it matter?”, the other raider asked. “Let them stay. I bet Cleaver's going to be here pretty soon. I got me a salt wife. Don't need another”

“I got nothing”, the raider near the door responded. “So just forget about your bitch for a second and help me out” Jenna reached the knife and she glanced over her shoulder just as he peeked through the window. Their eyes met and a grin formed on the raiders face. He was old, at least as old as her father, with shaggy, dark blonde hair and a long beard. “Ah, there she is”, he said and just a second later, his axe smashed against the door.

“Go!”, Jenna screamed towards Carma, as the other woman dragged her children through the door behind her. It wouldn't keep them safe for long, but if they would climb through the window, if only they'd gain more time... Jenna turned around, pointing the knife at the door, though the tip was violently shaking.

Her vision was clouded with tears, as the blade of the axe broke through the door. Behind it, the grinning face of the Ironborn was visible. His companion behind him was still near the street, having grabbed the brown hair of a young woman who lay on the ground.

The door broke with the next strike. From the room behind her, Jenna heard the cries of Farrell and by now, the baby had woken up as well, which led to even louder cries. The Ironborn slowly approached through the broken door, while Jenna instantly pointed the knife at him. She knew it didn't look intimidating, not with her wielding it. Her breath went faster, as the man just took a look at her knife. He giggled as he shook his head. “Put down that thing, girl, before you hurt yourself”, he advised her as he approached.

It was Jenna who attacked first, with bravery born from despair. Her swing was fast, though it lacked both, power and skill. The raider simply jumped back, before he grabbed her arm at the wrist, yanking her upwards and preventing her from attacking him again. Instantly, panic overwhelmed her. “Didn't thought I'd find such a pretty one still left in the city”, the raider chuckled, looking genuinely amused by her fear. “You'll come with me now, or...” Her free, clenched hand, slammed right into his face and cut him off.

Jenna was not sure what she expected. The raider barely flinched, her fist dealing almost no damage. It wasn't even enough to make him angry, he just raised an eyebrow, slightly bewildered at most, so she punched him again in the face. This time, he raised his axe. “You got some spirit”, he spoke, but before she could hit him again, the hilt of his axe smashed against her forehead, as he let go of her.

Every sound around her was muffled, every image blurred. The raider grinned down at her, as he raised his axe again. He said something, though she barely heard him. Neither was she able to focus on him, as her senses slowly returned. She only saw the raider who still stood on the street directing his attention away from the house. And then she heard someone speaking outside.

“I said, get the fuck away from my daughter!”, a deep voice growled and in her dizzy confusion, Jenna's first thought went to her father. The Ironborn above her, though ready to strike, lowered his axe in confusion, as he turned his back on her. It was not as if she was any danger to him right now. Slowly, he stepped outside.

Jenna managed to stagger back to her knees, as she felt warm blood running down her forehead. On all fours, she crawled to the broken door, to glance outside and to get a good look on the man who had spoken. He wasn't her father of course, though she still recognized him. Brown hair and a beard, both short, with strands of grey already. Hard green armour and even harder eyes of the same colour. A spear in his right hand, the left pressed onto his side. “Leave her alone!”, Hackor Nathamer barked again, in his most commanding voice.

The young woman on the ground looked up. Though she had tears in her eyes, she looked more angry than afraid. Now, a look of confusion appeared on her face. “Father?”, she asked, as the raiders exchanged a look. “You always complain that you don't get anything to do”, the man that still had grabbed the woman's hair whispered. “Go on then, he's all yours”

The raider that had attacked Jenna smirked, before he approached the commander. By now, Jenna saw that Hackor was bleeding from a wound at his side, where an attack apparently had found a weak spot in his armour. Still, he removed his hand from the wound, to grab his spear with both hands, as the raider charged at him.

Heavily, the axe clashed against the spear and Hackor grunted in pain as he parried. He instantly made his own attack, spinning the spear, forcing the Ironborn to take a step back to parry. This also meant that the shorter axe was no longer able to reach him. The raider noticed this, narrowed his eyes and tried to charge again.

Hackor attacked as well. The raider quickly changed from attacking his opponent to parrying the attack, knocking the spear to the side. As Hackor pulled the weapon back, closer towards him, he used this to cut across the raider's lower leg. The man bellowed in pain, as he dropped onto one knee. Without wasting any time, Hackor unceremoniously executed him, by ramming the spear into his throat.

The remaining raider narrowed his eyes, as he finally let go of Hackor's daughter to draw his sword. This was a mistake, as the young woman instantly pulled a knife from her sleeve, which she embedded in his leg, just below the knee. The man's eyes widened, as Hackor already charged at him. Crippled due to the woman's strike, he only managed to weakly parry the first strike, leaving himself open for the second, which found his chest.

Heavily panting, Hackor pushed the corpse of the second man down, having to support himself on his spear for a moment, before he turned to his daughter. By now, Jenna was standing again and she slowly approached them, looking at the two dead men with wide eyes.

“Father?”, the woman asked again. “What... are you doing here?” A pained smile appeared on Hackor's face. “I'm saving you”, he answered and her eyes widened, though not with the relief Jenna would have expected. Though he offered his hand to her, she raised from the ground on her own. “I'm asking you again”, she said sharply. “What are you doing here now?” Hackor's smile faded, replaced by a look Jenna only knew too well from herself. It was pure regret. “Please, Aditha”, he urged her. “I want to help you. You have to believe me”

“Believing you...”, she said bitterly. “After you left mother to die, I'm supposed to believe you? How?” The last word almost sounded like a curse and Hackor sighed deeply. Finally, he glanced at Jenna, who still stood there nervously. He raised an eyebrow and she gulped. “Je... Jenna Harking”, she introduced herself and he gave her a nod. “I know”, he answered. “You have your father's eyes” He glanced behind her. “That is Urid Strad's house, isn't it?”

Jenna gave him a nod, as she quickly turned around. “Carma!”, she said. “Carma, help is here, come on!” For a second, she feared that the Strads had already escaped through the window on the back, gone on their own. Then, slowly, Carma appeared. She looked exhausted, tears streaming down her face and she barely lit up at the sight of Hackor. She held Farrel's hand with her right and her baby in her left arm, relying on her young daughter to follow on her own.

“It's all going to be good”, Hackor tried to calm them down. “You are safe now. Follow me to the castle” As he spoke, Aditha gave him a curious look. “You are right... this time”, she replied and gave her father a nod. “You want to make up for all you did? Then prove it”

Hackor smiled briefly, even though Jenna could see that he was in a lot of pain. Just in this moment, movement through one of the side streets caught her attention. Her eyes widened, as she saw a tall man stepping out of it and onto the larger street they were standing in. He was a hulking brute of a man, with a broad face, long hair and a full beard, clad in simple boiled leather. His hands were wrapped around an axe and with a dark look on his face, he silently looked at the group and at the two dead Ironborn. It was clear to Jenna that he at least did not belong to the city guard.

The smile of the commander faded, as he narrowed his eyes. “Aditha...”, he mumbled. “Get behind me” Aditha noticed the man as well and she tensed up visibly. Meanwhile, Carma took a step back into her house, as the newcomer fully walked onto the street. “Father, do you think...”, Aditha asked, but Hackor cut her off by raising a hand.

“Hold it right there”, he ordered, though the brute did not stop. Instead, he slowly advanced, not uttering a single word. Hackor took a deep breath. “Do you belong to the Ironborn?”, he asked, though he knew the answer already. The stranger raised his axe and instead of answering, he simply grunted, almost like an animal.

Terrified by his mere presence, Jenna staggered back, towards the door of the house, who firmly raised his spear at the man. Then, the brute attacked. His growl got louder, until it evolved into a full battlecry, as he gained speed. He wasn't exactly fast, but it was clear to Jenna that he was furious at the sight of his dead companions. But what frightened her the most was that he did not utter a single word, even as he raised the axe far above his head.

Then, the two opponents met. Hackor yanked his spear upwards with both hands, as the axe heavily clashed against it. He tried to attack, though the brute instantly forced him to stagger backwards, when he used his larger frame to get closer to the commander. Once more the axe clashed against the metal hilt of the spear. Now, he spun his axe around and slammed the pommel of his weapon right against Hackor's forehead.

The commander groaned, as he stumbled a few steps backwards. Blood flew down his forehead and into his left eye. The brute let out a satisfied growl, as both men began to circle each other. Hackor attacked, but his opponent easily deflected the strike, pushing the tip of the spear onto the ground. In return, he did a heavy, wide attack that forced the commander to jump back.

Without waiting for Hackor to recover, the brute attacked again. The commander managed to parry the strike by pushing his spar upwards fast enough, though immediately afterwards, the brute hit him in the face with the hilt of the axe, hitting his cheek violently. He did the same attack one again and this time, he smashed the hilt of his axe onto Hackor's nose, audibly breaking it in the process.

Like a berserker, he continued to attack, as Hackor was momentarily disoriented. His attempt to cleave the commander's head in half failed when the man managed to parry in time. However, just when their weapons had met, the axe spun around again, this time as part of a horizontal strike that went right past Hackor's weak attempt at a parry. It hit him in the centre of the stomach.

Hackor grunted and his eyes widened. Aditha let out a scream and Jenna saw that she visibly had to hold back from rushing to her father. She' be dead the moment she'd get close to this Ironborn monster. Hackor's grunt soon turned into a defiant growl, as he finally managed to attack. Given, it was a weak attack and the Ironborn parried it easily, but it was something. The breastplate of his armour had a slight dent in it, but other than that, it was undamaged and had undoubtedly saved his life.

Now, the Ironborn attacked again. Hackor parried the blade of the axe, but was one again unable to parry the hilt as well, especially as the brute attacked from the left, where blood clouded the commander's vision. Staggering and bellowing in pain, Hackor was unable to parry the next strike at all, which was targeted at the side of his armour, where it was weaker.

It hit him in full force, though the steel still prevented the worst. Regardless, the blade of the axe entered Hackor's body for about an inch, just below the ribs. For the first time, the brute was actually grinning, as he pulled his axe back, cutting through the already damaged chainmail below the armour seemingly without effort. The blade was red with fresh blood.

Panting heavily, Hackor went to his knees, his eyes widened with agony. The brute raised his axe far above his head, before he smashed it down. Only barely did the commander manage to gather the strength to parry the strike. Axe clashed against spear. The brute narrowed his eyes, before his foot moved upwards, kicking Hackor right against the chest and causing him to fully fall onto his back, the spear knocked from his hand.

He had his back turned on her, as Jenna noticed. She looked down at the knife in her hand. He had his back turned on her, was only paying attention to the man he was about to kill. No! She shouldn't do this! This would be dangerous, foolish even. She shouldn't even thing about it. She should... And then she was behind him and she plunged the knife right into the brute's shoulder, where the boiled leather did not protect his body.

The knife barely entered his body, though he felt it for sure. He stopped moving, before he glared over his shoulder. Jenna's eyes widened, as his arm, without the axe, spun around, to hit her in the stomach. The force was enough to send her flying and she heavily landed on the ground a few feet away.

Now, the brute fully turned towards her, his eyes filled with murderous rage. He approached her, slowly, while she desperately tried to crawl away. He would kill her. Gods, he would kill her! Once again, he growled something, as he caught up to her. It was the last thing he did in his life, as just a moment later, Hackor's spear, thrown by the commander himself, entered his head through the back.

Dead, the brute sank to the ground and instantly, Jenna jumped up. Her head was thumping with agony, but she couldn't back down right now. She rushed towards Hackor, though Aditha was there first. “Father!”, the young woman gasped, spotting the gruesome wound on his side. Hackor gave her a stern look. “We must leave, now”, he mumbled weakly. “I can't fight any more of them” Then, he looked at Jenna and he gave her a nod. “You did good, kid”, he complimented her.

Carefully, Aditha helped her father up, though she groaned under the weight. Hackor tried his best to help her, though he was barely able to stand on his own. Jenna already moved to help them, as her glance fell upon Carma, who had dared to leave her house again. With tears streaming down her face, she tried to pull Farrell with her, though the boy adamantly seemed to refuse, his gaze set on the dead Ironborn brute. “Farrell, please”, she urged him, though he did not listen. “The bad men”, he cried. “They are out there” Carma frantically shook her head. “The bad men won't hurt you”, she promised. Jenna tensed up, noticing that both might need her help right now, when time was of the essence.

[Help Aditha and Hackor] [Help Carma and her children]

• [Help Carma and her children]

Jenna The Ironborn came closer. Jenna could already hear them, just a few streets away, slaughtering, plundering. And she heard the screa

• [Help Aditha and Hackor] Gotta help the important guy, you know, the person in charge of the entire city guard, one of the few leaders from Raylainsfair left. Man, that was super tense. I thought the brute was Tedyn Bullister, and that he was going to absolutely murder Hackor. I know I usually say that I don't mind if my characters die for the sake of the story, but man this was super tense. I feel kinda bad for having to leave Carma, but without Hackor's leadership, Raylainsfair would be in much more trouble. Kinda wish Arthur came along to possibly save Hackor, but at least we can help him now with Jenna.

Jenna The Ironborn came closer. Jenna could already hear them, just a few streets away, slaughtering, plundering. And she heard the screa

• Man, that was super tense. I thought the brute was Tedyn Bullister, and that he was going to absolutely murder Hackor. I know I usually say that I don't mind if my characters die for the sake of the story, but man this was super tense.

Ah, I am glad I managed to create a tense fight there. These paragraphs have been subjected to some rewrites, which is also the reason why the part was not out yesterday, but in the end, I think this was for the best. I can also confirm that this brute is not Tedyn Bullister, who is still alive and who will appear in Torvin's next part. Originally, this brute even spoke a few lines, but I realized that he would be far more terrifying if he would only growl a little bit but otherwise be completely silent even while he more or less wipes the floor with a heavily arme opponent, so I decided to cut them.

I feel kinda bad for having to leave Carma,

Perhaps here I should clarify, the choice does not mean that Carma will be left behind. Neither will helping her mean that Hackor will be left behind. However, Carma and Aditha are both struggling here and there is the possibility that one of them won't make it. Carma is on her own and has to manage three young, frightened children, while Aditha has to basically carry her father, who is in his heavy armour and therefore weighs a lot more than she is actually able to lift. The one whom Jenna helps has a far better chance at making it to the castle, but that does not mean that the one that is without help won't make it. The chance, however, is there.

but without Hackor's leadership, Raylainsfair would be in much more trouble.

You are right, Hackor is one of the few capable people left in charge and a major, beloved authority figure in the city, so I can understand your reason there. One way or the other, Hackor can influence things, even if his Stannis-like lawfulness is not a guarantee that things will be good under him. A more pragmatic guard commander for example would have prevented Wolfius' escape by executing him on the spot.

Kinda wish Arthur came along to possibly save Hackor, but at least we can help him now with Jenna.

Well, Arthur is off to his own adventure with Mathea. We'll get to both in time, although some of the other PoV's, whom we haven't seen in longer time, have to come first. But you may remember the choice at the end of Chapter 7. One of the options was for Arthur to follow Hackor and it would have led him to catch up with his father. In this fight, they would have teamed up and things would have been a lot more positive, even if they still would have needed Jenna to distract the brute before they could actually land a hit on him.

Bounden posted: »

[Help Aditha and Hackor] Gotta help the important guy, you know, the person in charge of the entire city guard, one of the few leaders from

• Ah, I am glad I managed to create a tense fight there. These paragraphs have been subjected to some rewrites, which is also the reason why the part was not out yesterday, but in the end, I think this was for the best. I can also confirm that this brute is not Tedyn Bullister, who is still alive and who will appear in Torvin's next part. Originally, this brute even spoke a few lines, but I realized that he would be far more terrifying if he would only growl a little bit but otherwise be completely silent even while he more or less wipes the floor with a heavily arme opponent, so I decided to cut them.

Who would've thought that there are more than one silent, animal like Ironborn at this one location? Probably a likely chance seeing how animal like the ironborn are. I realized it wasn't Tedyn when the guy died, because I doubted you would kill a character without confirming if this is actually that one character.

Perhaps here I should clarify, the choice does not mean that Carma will be left behind. Neither will helping her mean that Hackor will be left behind. However, Carma and Aditha are both struggling here and there is the possibility that one of them won't make it. Carma is on her own and has to manage three young, frightened children, while Aditha has to basically carry her father, who is in his heavy armour and therefore weighs a lot more than she is actually able to lift. The one whom Jenna helps has a far better chance at making it to the castle, but that does not mean that the one that is without help won't make it. The chance, however, is there.

Well now I feel less bad for leaving Carma behind. But we gotta save the champ Hackor.

You are right, Hackor is one of the few capable people left in charge and a major, beloved authority figure in the city, so I can understand your reason there. One way or the other, Hackor can influence things, even if his Stannis-like lawfulness is not a guarantee that things will be good under him. A more pragmatic guard commander for example would have prevented Wolfius' escape by executing him on the spot.

But if we executed him on the spot, would we be as bad as him? Probably not, probably the right decision, but we gotta take the bad with the good.

Well, Arthur is off to his own adventure with Mathea. We'll get to both in time, although some of the other PoV's, whom we haven't seen in longer time, have to come first. But you may remember the choice at the end of Chapter 7. One of the options was for Arthur to follow Hackor and it would have led him to catch up with his father. In this fight, they would have teamed up and things would have been a lot more positive, even if they still would have needed Jenna to distract the brute before they could actually land a hit on him.

That was what I was refering too, but maybe if we're lucky Arthur and Mathea can catch up with Hackor and give him a save. Like, Carma's all like "We gotta save me husband!" And they find Mathea there who saves Hackor. Such amazing luck.

Man, that was super tense. I thought the brute was Tedyn Bullister, and that he was going to absolutely murder Hackor. I know I usually say

• I know this is a Tolkien quote, but it's far too fitting.
    "All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost,
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost!"

Rest in peace(probably) Jarrow, you overpowered, chokepoint holding, badass.

husmusen posted: »

[Stay quiet] Aaa my sweet Jarow, may you hold the bridge until your last breath and make the bastards bleed. Old soldiers never die...

• tha*

Wall don't worry. I can guass what you mant anyway. I just hopa tha naxt part doasn't involva Anturion, that would ba awkward.

• [Help Aditha and Hackor]

Aditha should have now boost of adrenaline, I guess she can manage to help her father now by herself... somehow. On the other hand there is Carma with 3 kids, they can be unpredictable and run away from their mother, which I don't want in the state this city is at this moment. She came here for Carma so let Jenna support her.

• [Help Carma and her children] I think they need the help more.

I was just thinking that it'd be pretty interesting if Marak was still in Raylansfair. He was Ironborn wasn't he?

• This is indeed an interesting thought! You are right, Marak was Ironborn. However, he has left the Iron Islands and that lifestyle behind years ago, which would have meant that he wouldn't have sympathized or outright sided with these raiders, whom he feels no real connection to anymore. It is likely that he would have either fought to defend himself, or that someone would have managed to convince him to fight, but in either way, he would have been more on the side of Raylansfair than anyone else's during this raid.

[Help Carma and her children] I think they need the help more. I was just thinking that it'd be pretty interesting if Marak was still in Raylansfair. He was Ironborn wasn't he?

• Who would've thought that there are more than one silent, animal like Ironborn at this one location? Probably a likely chance seeing how animal like the ironborn are. I realized it wasn't Tedyn when the guy died, because I doubted you would kill a character without confirming if this is actually that one character.

Yes, this is true, I definitely won't just kill a character without anyone being there to confirm that it was this character that just died. This would be a huge waste, especially since I barely did anything with Tedyn so far. That said, Tedyn is not exactly animal like, I'd compare him more to a machine, cold, logical and efficient. This brute is also by far the better fighter, since Tedyn is mainly an executioner. Torvin's next part should give him some much-needed spotlight.

But if we executed him on the spot, would we be as bad as him? Probably not, probably the right decision, but we gotta take the bad with the good.

I wouldn't say that executing Wolfius on the spot would make us as bad as him. After all, Wolfius is so dangerous that his death is likely the only way to keep innocent people save. He is so far gone that even just keeping him imprisoned means endangering countless innocent lives. However, in the end there is a good reason why Hackor follows the law so strictly and there is a reason why the law gives at least some protection to criminals in the world of Westeros. Killing him in private and without a death sentence from the local lord would have set a dangerous precedent. Hackor knows that the line must be drawn somewhere. In this specific individual situation, a more pragmatic commander would have been a better thing, but in general, I personally would greatly prefer a man like Hackor in charge.

That was what I was refering too, but maybe if we're lucky Arthur and Mathea can catch up with Hackor and give him a save. Like, Carma's all like "We gotta save me husband!" And they find Mathea there who saves Hackor. Such amazing luck.

That would be real lucky, wouldn't it? Quite the coincidence as well... Hmm... Of course it is not impossible. However, at the same time I think it is highly unlikely that Carma is going to drag three children through the city to search for Urid, while Aditha is physically incapable of dragging Hackor that far. Of course, after the kids are safe, Carma might leave to search for Urid, but even then, it is just as likely that she stays with them instead.

Bounden posted: »

Ah, I am glad I managed to create a tense fight there. These paragraphs have been subjected to some rewrites, which is also the reason why t

• [Help Carma and her children] Simply enough, I think they need the help more. I really hope Hackor can take care of himself though...

Anyway, Jenna has become a real badass :p

• Dammit I knew I wrote something correctly.

tha*

• [Help Aditha and Hackor]

Who needs the peasants? I'm sure they'll be fine. Well, at least one of them.

I did think the brute was Tedyn initially but obviously that was incorrect.

I wonder how "helpful" Saerya would have been. Probably not a lot.

Maybe Wolfius is going to ambush us on the way back. That be great.

• I did think the brute was Tedyn initially but obviously that was incorrect.

Yeah, I can understand why you and Bounden came to this conclusion. It was something I myself realized only too late, so I have to clarify it now. Torvin's next part, which is going to feature Tedyn, should also make things more clear then, especially when it comes to Tedyn's role in this raid.

I wonder how "helpful" Saerya would have been. Probably not a lot.

Indeed, she wouldn't have been able to help that much. She's not a fighter, so aside from moral support for Jenna, she wouldn't have affected anything, at least up to this choice. Her presence would have affected this choice though, since she could have been able to help Carma regardless of Jenna's decision.

Maybe Wolfius is going to ambush us on the way back. That be great.

Oh yes, Wolfius. He's going to have a very important appearance later in this chapter, though I obviously can't say anything about the storyline he is going to be in. Let's just say, it is probably going to change a lot. That said, it should be hard even for him to ambush Jenna and the others in the current chaos, as he has no idea where she went. Such a meeting would likely be less of an ambush and more like him accidentally stumbling upon them.

[Help Aditha and Hackor] Who needs the peasants? I'm sure they'll be fine. Well, at least one of them. I did think the brute was Tedyn

• Great part, tough decision.

[Help Carma and her children] I just think that this is the better option... I feel like they need more help. I have a feeling that Aditha and Hacker can somewhat hold their own.

• edited December 2016

[Help Carma and her children]

• The Voting is closed!

Jenna is going to help Carma and her children

I was not sure what you would choose here. I mean, Hackor would have clearly been the more pragmatic option, that man is just far more valuable for Raylansfair. However, Carma is Jenna's friend, so helping her is more of an emotional thing to do. And you definitely changed quite something with this, as you'll see in the alternative choices. You can decide for yourself if the consequences of your actions are positive or negative. Jenna will have one more part in this chapter and it was coincidentally the first part I have planned from her storyline in this chapter and one of the longest parts I had planned in general, with the initial idea entering my mind somewhere during the writing of Chapter 1.

The next part is going to be out either today or tomorrow. I have some other stuff to do today and will probably not manage to finish it in time, but I have decided to close the voting regardless, just in case. This next part is definitely going to include two PoV's and one of them is going to be Ilish. However, I am not entirely sure about the second PoV. Currently I feel like Drent or Maya are the most likely options. Or maybe, just maybe, that new PoV I have mentioned several times before. I'll likely decide that one on a relatively short note after I have finished Ilish's PoV. In any way, I hope you enjoy the coming parts, because we're nearing a couple of seriously climactic parts, whom I am equal parts excited and afraid of.

• RIP Hackor, one of the few leaders this city still had. But the good news is we saved some family, while a whole lot of other families around us die to the Ironborn. Not like having some leader who is mostly beloved by all to lead and guide the troops could've possibly saved more families down the line besides just this one. But you know, who knows! Why look at the downside? We saved the Strads, hopefully. Okay. Okay. All the sarcasm besides, really excited, yet worried, to see what happens to Jenna and crew. When you say this changed quite something, I am even more worried, because I can only expect the worse, being all pragmatic and all. Hopefully, the Strads can find some way to be as useful as Hackor could've been. I know that Hackor isn't dead yet, but he isn't in the best of shape in the best of situations.

The Voting is closed! Jenna is going to help Carma and her children I was not sure what you would choose here. I mean, Hackor would ha

• Ilish

Raylansfair was dying. Ilish could feel it. The Ironborn weren't conquering the city, not even raiding it. They were burning it down. Soaring flames were consuming it as they spoke. She was not sure if the fire or the iron would claim more lives today, but the all-consuming stench of burning flesh gave her the impression that it would be the former.

Ryler had been quiet since they separated from Taenora and Philip, though she had the opinion that he was glad for her company. That said, she had no idea how she really could help him. After all, he was the guy with the greatsword and the wolfhound. She was just Ilish, the girl from the North that kept losing her home.

Bad memories flashed through her mind. Her father, beaten to death by the men he had debts with. Her brother, leaving her behind without even a message. She glanced down at the knife in her hands and her eyes narrowed. Audrey had been good to her, took her in when everyone had forsaken her. This city took her in and she wouldn't allow Wolfius or the Ironborn to take that away from her.

Ryler glanced at her and raised an eyebrow. “You're angry”, he stated and she gave him a nod, without even looking at him. She focussed solely on the street in front of her, while the wind started to blow the smoke into her direction. “Very much”, she confirmed with a voice shivering with emotion and he looked back at the street in an instant. “Then I am not surprised”, he answered. “Not anymore”

Now it was her turn to look at him with confusion. “Why would you be surprised?”, she asked and he sighed. “Didn't thought you'd had it in you”, he explained. “To do everything to stop Wolfius, I mean” He gulped audibly. “But I know how you're feeling, so full of anger”, he continued. “And it is something to be angry about. These people, thinking they could just come and take away everything you have”

This sparked Ilish's curiosity, especially as she had to remember what Philip had said earlier. “Grimthorn”, she said and he looked up. “Your family has been nobility, right?” He gave her a short nod. “Sworn to Karstark”, he explained glumly and Ilish almost regretted that she had brought it up. Once again, her curiosity got the better of her. “What happened to them?”, she asked.

“Bloodboar happened”, Ryler said briefly. “House Bloodboar of Howlester. Noble in name only” He sighed bitterly. “I don't know what started the fight between our houses. I only know how it ended”, he growled. “And I saw them die. Father. Mother. My brothers. My sisters” He looked at her again, though the look in his mismatched eyes has grown colder.

Now, Ilish did regret having brought it up. She clenched her fists. “I'm... sorry to hear this”, she said, not even sure if she should or could say anything. Softly, she looked at him. “But you survived”, she stated. “And you are strong”

“I am”, Ryler confirmed. “But I did not survive on my own. Neither am I responsible for my strength” Ilish raised an eyebrow. “Who saved you?”, she asked. “Taught you how to be strong?” As she spoke, memories of Carvin flashed through her mind and she had to ask herself where he was right now. Perhaps somewhere beyond the Narrow Sea, lying on silken sheets with a whore in his arms and a smug grin on his face.

“Wolfius”, Ryler answered and Ilish's eyes widened. “Though that was not the name he used when we first met” He stopped without warning and crouched down, his eyes looking at the ground, while his hound started to sniffle. “They have been here”, he said, pointing at two sets of tracks on the dirty ground, barely visible. “Wolfius and the other one”

“Kreep”, she said. “But what do you mean with Wolfius. He was the one who saved you?” Once again, Ryler shook his head. “Saving would be the wrong word”, he answered. “But he made me who I am today. One of his associates found me, after Bloodboar's men were done beating me up. They had tossed me in the forest, left me for the wolves. This man was called the Tom”

For a second, Ryler paused, narrowing his eyes before he pointed down a side street. “This way”, he said. They continued down the way and a few moments passed before Ryler continued to speak. “He wore a mask and he gave me to a man who wore a similar mask. It would take years until I learned more about the name and the face behind it”

“That was Wolfius?”, she asked and this time, he gave her a nod. “I've been his prisoner for years”, he growled. “Every day, he would inject me with... something. I don't know what it was he gave me, but it changed something about me”. He started to shiver and Ilish noticed that the look in his eyes became more focussed, more angry “And the pain it caused... I intend to repay him”

“How did you escape?”, she asked and for a second, Ryler almost seemed grimly amused. “Oh, you'll never believe me”, he said with a joyless smirk. “He freed me. After all he did, he just let me go” He sighed. “If anything, it made me hate him more. After all these years of torment he put me through, he decided to leave the Tom. I don't know what it was that made him free me when he left. Pity perhaps? Or spite for the man he used to work for?”, he muttered, as they reached the end of the small street they had walked through. “But I know that I will never be free of him, not as long as he still breathes”

“You'll survive”, Ilish stated. He gave her a nod. “And if there's any god out there, I can finally be free again tonight”, he growled, before he suddenly raised his hand. Ilish tensed up, while the hound growled deeply. Ryler's hand wrapped around the greatsword on his back, as he used his free hand to point down the street. “There's someone down there”

Ilish looked down the direction he pointed into and noticed a figure in the distance. The smoke from the buildings that were burning just a few hundred feet away was thicker now and she couldn't make out any features, only that this person was lying on the ground.

“That's not Wolfius”, Ryler mumbled, as he still started to approach the figure. Ilish followed closely, though the smoke did start to affect her. Ryler meanwhile walked completely without problems, as if he wasn't even noticing it. He headed straight for the person.

As they came closer, Ilish saw that it was a man. He was a bit taller than her and Ryler, with a lean frame and a plain face. His hair was very short, of a light brown colour and blue eyes. His face was covered in dirt, soot and blood and as Ilish glanced down, she noticed that his hand was pressed onto a wound near his side. His clothes were stained with his own blood, but she still recognized the tabard of the city guard.

As they came closer, he looked at them and he opened his mouth. “Help”, he said with a hoarsy voice. “Please” Ilish knelt down next to him, as Ryler stopped behind her, still surveying the street. “Shh”, she calmed him down. “Don't speak too much. You're heavily wounded” He shook his head. “I've bled worse”, he said. “I'll survive, maybe. But I need help”

She gave him a nod. “Maybe we can help you”, she answered. “What's your name?” He coughed harshly. “Valarr Roux”, he managed to utter inbetween two coughs. “From the city guard” She closely examined his side as he spoke. His wound was serious, more than he wanted to admit, but slightly less than she had feared in the beginning. Perhaps there was still hope for him. “And what are you doing here?”, she asked. “Why are you not with the others?”

“I wasn't going to fight with them”, he replied. “Instead, I did their dirty work, as always. I was going after the man they let escape” Now, Ryler sharply inhaled. “Wolfius”, he growled and Valarr gave him a nod. “Him and that creep that's with him”, he answered. “And guess what, I even caught up with him” He raised the hand from his side, completely soaked with his own blood.

“All on your own? That was not a bright idea”, Ryler commented in a dry tone. Valarr's smirk was pained, but sincere. “Yeah, I noticed that as well. The other one, he stabbed me, while Woodbark himself didn't even look at me”, he explained. “Then they left, down the street”

Ryler narrowed his eyes. “What's down there?”, he asked and Valarr sighed. “I think I know where he wants to go”, he answered. “The healer is living there, Lady Mathea. Thank the gods that she's save in the castle. But still... he's not going to stop unless someone makes him. I thought I could be that man. Thought I could be a hero”

“You'll survive”, Ryler repeated Ilish's earlier words. Valarr sighed. “I don't know how long I will”, he said. “I can hardly walk. Five steps and I broke down” Ilish exchanged a look with Ryler, who shook his head. “He has to be close”, he answered. “We can't bother with that man now. Wolfius must be stopped”

As he said these words, Valarr's eyes widened. “Wait...”, he said. “You're not going to leave me here, are you?” Ryler shrugged. “I'm sorry, Valarr”, he answered and he sounded sincere. “But there's something I have to do” He looked at Ilish. “You coming? We must stop him”

Ilish pressed her lips together, as she looked at the wounded guardsmen. Without help, he would die. That much was sure. She could help him. Another certainty. And if she would leave him, she might get a chance to stop Wolfius. That wasn't sure at all, even with Ryler by her side. She tensed up, as she had to make a difficult choice.

[Help Valarr] [Accompany Ryler]

Maya

“It's been mightily nice of you to save us”, Keat said, as the small group made their way through the streets of Raylansfair. “I mean, without you, I'd probably hang. Or they would have taken a finger, or the whole hand” He shrugged, raising both of his arms. “What good is a one-handed thief after all”

They had walked for a couple of minutes now, taking the crowded main street at first, but then switching for side streets, which would save them a lot of time as Keat had sworn. Orys had kept his word and just a few of his ensured that the captain freed her men. And in return, she was stuck with Rodrik Stone now.

“They did not return the scrolls” Ser Aldrik growled and his direwolf looked up at the same time. Keat gulped, as he focussed onto the tall wolf. However, Maya noticed more than ever that Knightfang was barely grown up. The chaos around them visibly intimidated the young animal. Only Aldrik's presence kept him calm, which was a relief to her. That was at least some relief, because the last thing Maya wanted to do was to spend her time in the presence of a nervous animal that could tear her arm off if provoked.

“We'll steal them back once this is all over”, Keat offered, as he thankfully smiled at Maya. “That's all part of the service” Maya raised an eyebrow. “The service?”, she asked and she gave her a cocky wink. “The Keat service”, he answered. “You paid me well and I intend to deliver. This is a minor setback. And after you saved my life, I couldn't refuse you any wish”

A dark look flashed across Aldrik's face, though the knight remained silent. Maya now glanced at Gregar. “Why so silent?”, she asked him and to her surprise she received an answer. “He is smiling”, he said and for a moment, she thought he meant Keat. But instead, he was pointing at Ser Rodrik.

And indeed, their prisoner was smiling, despite the ties that bound his hands together. It was an ugly smile, crooked, even more so now that Orys had knocked out half of his front teeth. But it was also a confident smile and not for the first time since they left the city guard, she wished for at least one of the battle-hardened Targaryen knights by her side.

She slowly approached the knight and gave him a curious look. “Why are you smiling, you son of a bitch?”, she asked and he looked at her. “Because I can't fathom your stupidity”, he answered in a low tone, just as unfriendly as her own. Everyone in the Vale knew this man, everyone despised him. Kinslayer, man without honour.

“Stupidity?”, she asked and he gave her a nod. “First, you allow me to change my captors from the bastard dragon to you and your posse”, he growled. “Then, you insult my mother, making it really personal” His eyes narrowed, as his smile widened. “And then you walk right into my trap”

Maya stopped instantly, though with horror, she realized that it was already too late. Knightfang started to growl and bark loudly, as someone shouted an order. Men started to move out of a smaller street to their right. More came from the left and Maya didn't need to turn around to know that others cut off their way from behind. All of them were armed, their tabards showing the broken sword of the Second Sons.

“What the...?”, Gregar exclaimed, as Rodrik spun around, slamming both of his tied fists into the man's face and sending him staggering back. Before Maya could grab him, he had started to run towards the men, stopping next to one that seemed to lead this small troupe. He was a plain guy in his thirties, with short black hair and shrewd, brown eyes.

As the man pulled a knife to cut Rodrik's bindings, the knight gave him a nod, as Maya reached for her daggers. Next to her, Aldrik drew his sword, while Gregar shook his head, tightly grabbing his axe in the process. Only Keat took a few steps backwards, until he bumped into a house behind him, his eyes widely opened with surprise and perhaps fear.

“Morgrem”, Rodrik greeted the man who cut his ties. In return, the man gave him a nod. “Ser” Rodrik moved a hand to his aching wrists, rubbing them closely. “Glad you could make it” The man, Morgrem, smirked. “It was easy setting up the ambush once we knew where they'd take you”, he replied briefly, as he mustered Maya and her group. “Your orders?”

As he spoke, Maya glanced around. She counted less men than expected. Not much more than she had herself. Half a dozen. They could make it, maybe, this was not a hopeless fight. It also meant that the Second Sons weren't in the city in full force. It was likely these were the only ones who had entered the city before the raid started.

One of the men handed Rodrik a sword and the knight looked at it with glee. “Not my Lady Forlorn, but I'll make sure to take her back from the bastard dragon in time”, he said. “For now, it'll suffice for a special friend of mine. I'm sure she already missed me” He glanced at Maya and the others. “And they are all yours. Don't leave any survivors”

He moved past them and down the street, leaving Maya shocked with how effortlessly he managed to free himself. In this moment, she had to ask herself if even Orys would have been able to keep him prisoner. Morgrem turned towards them, his face showing little emotion, while his leader behind them made his escape.

Maya instantly raised her daggers into a defensive position. Four against seven. Five even, with Knightfang. That was possible. That was very much possible, although it certainly would give Rodrik his time to escape. She narrowed her eyes, as the sellsword raised his sword. “You heard the man”, Morgrem yelled and with this, the Second Sons attacked.

The first to reach Maya was one of the men behind her. Only a call from Gregar caused her to spin around, as she blocked the first strike of a short sword. Her dagger moved forwards, but she failed to kill her target, as it merely scratched across her arm.

Behind her, Aldrik parried the strike with his sword and a second one with his shield, while Knightfang stayed back, growling with barely suppressed anger. And next to her, Gregar dodged the attack of his opponent, before plunging his axe into the man's stomach. Without missing a beat, he turned to the next sellsword.

The man she fought against snarled with rage and pain, as he moved his sword upwards. Maya raised her daggers to parry, noticing too late that it was a feint. Instead of hitting her with the blade, he kicked her in the belly, causing her to gasp. With widened eyes, Maya instantly sank to her knees out of reflex.

With a grin, the sellsword raised his sword. Maya parried his next strike, though it came with enough force to knock both of the small daggers from her hands. Before he could strike again though, something unexpected happened. The bloodied tip of a spear got shoved right through his chest from behind, killing him almost in an instant. The man sank to the ground, revealing Maya's saviour behind him. She gasped as she recognized none other than Irving Todd.

He looked at her, still deeply ashamed, quickly looking away again as she rose from the ground, silently and with widely opened eyes. “I'm sorry, Maya”, he mumbled. “I know I shouldn't have followed you. I know what you said, but I... I couldn't stay away and I...” Before he was able to continue, she pulled him into a brief hug. “Thank you”, she whispered.

There was no time for anything else. Discussing his unexpected return had to wait for another time. For now, there was still a fight to win. As Maya turned around, she saw Aldrik, standing above the corpse of one man, fighting against two more, while Morgrem tried to flank him. Gregar had one opponent as well, though Keat wasn't fighting at all. The thief had sunken to the ground, keeping his head low and trying to stay out of the fight entirely. Maya couldn't even blame him.

Aldrik parried another strike, but before he was able to parry the strike of his second opponent, Knightfang had leaped into the air, tackling the attacker to the ground. He bit down into the mans arm, tearing it off without effort, before sinking his teeth into the screaming man's throat.

“No!”, Maya yelled, as she charged at the group, realizing that the direwolf, like most animals, wasn't aware of the need to cover his sides. She was too slow, as Morgrem quickly used the opening to impale Knightfang with his sword. The wolf let out a whimpering howl, though it was quickly silenced when Morgrem took another strike to its head.

Aldrik screamed with surprise and fury, as only his final opponent prevented him from immediately attacking the man that killed his direwolf. Maya reached the man first, though her attempt at tackling him to the ground backfired sharply, as the hilt of Morgrem's sword hit her right between the eyes.

She fell to the ground and Morgrem wasted no time. Obviously realizing that he was about to lose, he quickly raised his foot, stomping harshly onto her exposed ankle. Instantly, terrible pain flared up in Maya's foot, as tears welled up in her eyes. Morgrem jumped back, just as Gregar behind her finished his opponent off with a strike to the head. For a second, the sellsword seemed to consider finishing her off, though when Aldrik managed to impale his final opponent, he instead quickly turned around, proving his intelligence by running away.

The knight tried to rush after him, though Maya managed to grab his hand. He sharply glared at her. “What are you doing?”, he barked. “Let me go, I'm going to kill this man, let me go!” Through her own tears of pain, as her damaged ankle thumped with agony, she noticed that he was crying as well, unable to just look at his dead direwolf. “Aldrik, I...”, she gasped. “My... my foot, I...”

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Keat slowly walking down the path they came from. Irving tried to stand in his way. “Wait, where are you going?”, he asked and the thief rolled his eyes. “I'm trying to get away, stupid”, he growled. “I'm not going to risk getting into another fight like this. Besides, what are you doing here again? Hasn't she kicked you out before?”

Maya sighed, not only in pain, as Aldrik once again said something she barely heard through the dizziness her damaged, perhaps even broken ankle caused her. She knew though that both, he and Keat wanted to leave. She also knew that she barely had the energy to stop one of them, much less both.

[Stop Aldrik] [Stop Keat]

• Great part. I wont vote this time though. I can't decide on either choice.

Ilish Raylansfair was dying. Ilish could feel it. The Ironborn weren't conquering the city, not even raiding it. They were burning it dow

Sign in to comment in this discussion.