SBCG4AP on Mac?

Now that Tales of Monkey Island is available for Mac and the Sam and Max series in coming soon, will we see the rest of TellTale games available for Mac? I've got a code for the 5th episode from the Trogday sale, but my PC can't play games for s***. Plus, I'd like to get the collector's DVD for the Mac.

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2010
    Telltale has already confirmed that they will release Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit for Mac before the end of the year.
    In the meantime, you can always use Crossover Games to play the PC version on your Mac (you can use the trial version for 7 days to see if it's a good fit for you).
    The games play pretty well once you follow the instructions on this page.
  • edited March 2010
    I've tried, it doesn't work
  • edited March 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Telltale has already confirmed that they will release Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit for Mac before the end of the year.
    In the meantime, you can always use Crossover Games to play the PC version on your Mac (you can use the trial version for 7 days to see if it's a good fit for you).
    The games play pretty well once you follow the instructions on this page.

Im on a PowerPC Mac. Well..... s***.
    edited March 2010
    Sorry about that Remolay.
    What didn't work for you (all Telltale games worked great for me)?
  • edited March 2010
    In crossover games: the trick does not work at all and any game will just crash at splash screen when opened

In Crossover for Mac: I can get to unlocking the game after using the trick, then the game wont load
    edited March 2010
    How about the Wallace & Gromit trick?
    I never tried those for Strong Bad as the so-called (I called it that ;)) "Telltale Trick" did the... trick (!) for me but they might work as well.
  • edited March 2010
    the Ooops, something went wrong screen prevents me from doing anything
    edited March 2010
    If you're getting the "Oops, something went wrong" screen, I'll assume that the bottle you're using has Internet Explorer 6 in it (after doing the Telltale Trick).
    Could you try installing the game in a new Windows XP bottle and try the Wallace & Gromit trick without the Telltale trick?
  • edited March 2010
    sorry, wasn't to specific, that is without the telltale trick, I even have the crossover HTML thing installed at that point
    edited March 2010
    Not sure what the CrossOver HTML thing is.
    Does it install automatically in new bottles or did you have to add it in (sorry, but I'm on vacation in Belgium for a week, so I don't have access to my Mac)?
    Otherwise, install the game in a completely new bottle and follow the instruction in the "How to get Wallace and Gromit up and running in CrossOver Games" trick without installing IE 6, 7, 8, CrossOver HTML or anything else.
    Let me know if that works.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't think the game for mac will be on the DVD anytime soon, because they will have to increase the storage space and change the file for the DVD that they already have.
  • edited October 2011
    I noticed that the Seam version of SBCG4AP says it is Mac compatible but the games page on the Telltale site says it is only on PC for the time being. I wonder what's up with that?

Edit: My mistake, the episodes on this site are listed as being Mac compatible after all, though that hasn't been updated on the Telltale Games Page yet, which is what caused my confusion.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.