The usual (but unheard) italian language request.

I've almost gave up, but still ask for italian language.

Now you can continue to ignore us.

Comments

• Do you know how many languages there are that Telltale doesn't support? If you want Italian subtitles, get some Italian translators to work for Telltale so that the potential translation wouldn't be so horrid. Otherwise download some unofficial Italian translations created by fans.

• Unofficial translation were quite abandoned, as result of the constant refuse to include italian. I.E.: Minecraft was deliberately boycotted. And there's this boycott tendency here in Italy ("We will never translate any TTG again", said the ttg translation team) due to the absence of translations for so many years and the difficulty to implement them - cause TTG don't even simplify it a bit. Even Italian reviewers define it a problem.

Do you know how many languages there are that Telltale doesn't support? If you want Italian subtitles, get some Italian translators to work

• Yeah, that's rather unfair on you guys... I feel your anger.
    Hang in there though! I'm sure one day Stauffer or Bruner will smile upon you!

• Who called the whaaaaaambulance?

Unofficial translation were quite abandoned, as result of the constant refuse to include italian. I.E.: Minecraft was deliberately boycotted

• There is no need for that....Bloody Eugene does have a valid complaint.

Who called the whaaaaaambulance?

• [removed]

• Isn't it better to learn a foreign language than to waste money on translating? There are 360 million native speakers of English and probably more than a billion of us English learners. It definitely pays back the time it takes to learn it.

• Makes little to no sense for a company to market and sell a game in a country but not include the native language in the subtitles at the very least....

Sii forte, il mio fratello.

• [Speaking Italian]

Makes little to no sense for a company to market and sell a game in a country but not include the native language in the subtitles at the very least.... Sii forte, il mio fratello.

• Heh, it's funny to read this kind of comments as someone from a small country like Finland. At least you have some hope for subtitles, if I'd be here demanding Finnish subtitles in telltale's games I'd be laughed out of the forum :D Thankfully I have no need for subtitles though.

Ei auta itku markkinoilla.

Makes little to no sense for a company to market and sell a game in a country but not include the native language in the subtitles at the very least.... Sii forte, il mio fratello.

• I'm American but I just think that everyone should be able to play these games regardless of language barriers, whether Italian or Finnish or whatever.

Heh, it's funny to read this kind of comments as someone from a small country like Finland. At least you have some hope for subtitles, if I'

• edited December 2016

aManWhoLovesTelltale Who's going to call your mother and tell her you need your internet taken away again?

Who called the whaaaaaambulance?

• You mean my 5 years dead mother? I dunno, you have experience with necromancy.

Ryanoo posted: »

aManWhoLovesTelltale Who's going to call your mother and tell her you need your internet taken away again?

• I don't think that learning a new language is so fast that you can play a story-driven game that relies on dialogues and with timed answers in a short amount of time....

SonOfBowie posted: »

Isn't it better to learn a foreign language than to waste money on translating? There are 360 million native speakers of English and probably more than a billion of us English learners. It definitely pays back the time it takes to learn it.

• Any news on this, as the release date approaches?

• Trailer releases next week, so we can expect to find out then, since preorders are likely to drop.

Any news on this, as the release date approaches?

• Ok, it seems that Italian was boycotted again.

Well Done, Telltale.

• edited April 2017

Learn english. The language isnt that hard to understand. My little brother perfectly understood most of the older TT games when he was 16.

From germany btw.

• Most of the games are subtitled in Italian here: Thimbleweed Park, The Descendant, Yesterday Origins.... not to mention bigger productions.
    Why I have to learn english just for the stubborn TTG? And mostly it was not for me, but for my dad, since we like to play games together when we can. He likes TTG a lot, cause they're like TV, and we had fun with the ones subtitled in Italian. But I can't ask a 58yo man to learn a language....

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Learn english. The language isnt that hard to understand. My little brother perfectly understood most of the older TT games when he was 16. From germany btw.

• It wouldn't make sense for TellTale to support more languages than the ones that are currently supported.Your issues would easily be fixed by going to the English class.

• I'm from Italy myself. Most games don't get translations, recently at least. Andromeda, Persona 5, etc. etc. The solution? Maybe italian people should start learning english and stop complaining. Every gamer knows that, in this industry, english is the only stable language you can find in every product. Mostly because it's the international language, especially in Europe.

I would agree if the language barrier in games like this one was set high, but the level is basic, even elementary. Titles like TT GotG can even help you learn English, if you are willing to.

• Why?

GabitzuXXL posted: »

It wouldn't make sense for TellTale to support more languages than the ones that are currently supported.Your issues would easily be fixed by going to the English class.

• Maybe young people can.
    50yo that can enjoy such a low lever of difficulty as this... well... it would be great.

BTW it's not entirely true what you say: "The Descendant", "Full Throttle", "Obduction" and A LOT of other new games are in Italian... EFIGS is a standard.

But TTG refuses to give us proper recognition.

CloudJammer posted: »

I'm from Italy myself. Most games don't get translations, recently at least. Andromeda, Persona 5, etc. etc. The solution? Maybe italian peo

• I am Slovakian and I can understand like 95% of games created by TTG. Learning English is the best thing you can do, also, it is useful irl

• 50 years old can learn english too?
    In how many years can a TTG be played understanding well what decision you're making?

• The game is being sold world-wide and of course it doesn't support all the languages in the world.Just start taking some english courses ffs

• Too many english speakers that it doesn't even make sense paying for translators, and with their recent sellings and the episodes quality I doubt you will miss anything.

Why?

• edited June 2017

Step 1: Sell game in Italy where people mainly speak Italian

Step 2: Don't include Italian dialogue

Step 3: Tell whole customer base to take English lessons ffs

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit

GabitzuXXL posted: »

The game is being sold world-wide and of course it doesn't support all the languages in the world.Just start taking some english courses ffs

• Step 4: Offer English lessons

Step 1: Sell game in Italy where people mainly speak Italian Step 2: Don't include Italian dialogue Step 3: Tell whole customer base to take English lessons ffs Step 4: ??? Step 5: Profit

• He's asking for translation, not dubbing.

CloudJammer posted: »

I'm from Italy myself. Most games don't get translations, recently at least. Andromeda, Persona 5, etc. etc. The solution? Maybe italian peo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.