I found out what the D stands for in Clementine's Hat!

Hey everyone,
I was looking through some baseball teams when I saw this image:
Arizona Diamondbacks
If you compare it to Clementine's hat...
Clementines Hat
They are the same shape, the only thing that changes is the colour and the snake. Do you think this is where Telltale got their design for the hat?

Comments

• Obviously, the "D" stands for... dramatic pause... for "death", as we all know, Clementine's curse kills people in such cruel manners.

• The commandment is real!

fallandir posted: »

Obviously, the "D" stands for... dramatic pause... for "death", as we all know, Clementine's curse kills people in such cruel manners.

• edited February 2017

I believe the hat is for the Japanese baseball team called the Chunichi Dragons. It'd fit with the fact that Clem is "Blasian", as the team is from Japan ^ _ ^ However, the Los Angeles Dodgers had a very similar hat design before they changed it, so it could go either way¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think the VA for Clementine, Melissa Hutchison, said something to a fan about it being for a Japanese baseball team, but that's going off my patchy at best memory, so take that with a grain of the proverbial salt.

Here's a link to a comparison between the two hats, for reference.

The two previous links are to the corresponding teams Wikipedia pages, if you're interested in learning a thing or two about their teams.

I don't know baseball 'cause I'm from England oh God you gotta help me, I'm in over my head...

EDIT - User @MetallicaRules (Awesome username!) confirmed my widdle theory, of it being the Chunichi Dragons. Thank you kindly!

• edited February 2017

From the GCN's video regarding Season 1 sins

• What @BHBrowne said, it's the Chunichi Dragons. I actually asked Melissa Hutchison this when I got a chance to speak to her, and she said it was based off a Japanese baseball team.

• the D is for dad because he gave it to her.

• @MetallicaRules (Awesome username!)

Thank you

BHBrowne posted: »

I believe the hat is for the Japanese baseball team called the Chunichi Dragons. It'd fit with the fact that Clem is "Blasian", as the team

• I'm guessing I'm meeting a fellow GCN fan. :)

The commandment is real!

• I think everyone goes way into detail about this, its probably a fictional team.

However, because Javi plays baseball, it would be cool if he mentions her hat and knows what team it is.

• However, because Javi plays baseball, it would be cool if he mentions her hat and knows what team it is.

But that would require an actual effort to make a consistent conversation and then, trigger S1 memories...

oh

this could only mean one thing

S1 flashback confirmed, homies!

Poogers555 posted: »

I think everyone goes way into detail about this, its probably a fictional team. However, because Javi plays baseball, it would be cool if he mentions her hat and knows what team it is.

• Those nitpicking bastards have lots of fans here.

pr0dz posted: »

I'm guessing I'm meeting a fellow GCN fan.

• edited August 2018

https://goo.gl/images/oa4YhM

No way! It's the Denver Broncos...Why? You ask... because it's my Walking Dead game and I can have her hat stand for anything I want it to be, and I want the Hat to be the Denver Broncos so there! Plus it also matches my hat... (Or at least 1 of my 30+ Denver Broncos hats)

• It's canon it's a baseball team though lol

https://goo.gl/images/oa4YhM No way! It's the Denver Broncos...Why? You ask... because it's my Walking Dead game and I can have her hat s

• Not on my game...

It's canon it's a baseball team though lol

• That's now how this works.

https://goo.gl/images/oa4YhM No way! It's the Denver Broncos...Why? You ask... because it's my Walking Dead game and I can have her hat s

• Unless you're trying to pretend ANF didn't happen, it's canon. Clem and Javi talk about it during the after game scene when he's cutting her hair.

Not on my game...

• edited August 2018

It's for the D

...that Dominance in a group right

Sign in to comment in this discussion.