The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Funny you say that because I use 100% graphite pencils, meaning they can break. I dropped two of my pencils while making that drawing and they both shattered completely.

Euron posted: »

RIP graphite pencil.

• edited February 2017

You would be correct (damn, someone saw through my elaborate attempt to remain anonymous) and you're welcome. Keep up the amazing work.

Indeed they did, I also saw you comment on it. I assumed you were the individual who's name started with a J. It's not like the Metallica header gave it away or anything, haha. Thank you for your kind words on there, by the way!

• edited February 2017

Ignore this. Connection problems.

• no

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Ignore this. Connection problems.

• Amazing. I found a place in Victoria near where I live that sells white wine for $0.99 and red whine for $1.99. My friend bought a six pack for $6 and I got a white and red for $3. It's relatively decent tasting, especially considering the price :P

• Leaving a public notice before people ask - ClemmyCloo requested a voluntary ban for an indefinite time, in case you are curious.

• I dont understand why people do this why dont they just not post a voluntary ban seems so extreme

Leaving a public notice before people ask - ClemmyCloo requested a voluntary ban for an indefinite time, in case you are curious.

• Finally. I got money for the last episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2. Downloading it right now.

• Probably because they want to leave but fear to come back, like some dependance.

I dont understand why people do this why dont they just not post a voluntary ban seems so extreme

• Ah I thought you used whole pencils to make the draw :)

Very nice draw btw, the lightning is also excellent.

Funny you say that because I use 100% graphite pencils, meaning they can break. I dropped two of my pencils while making that drawing and they both shattered completely.

• And I finally finished the entire main story of RE Revelations 2. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS

• The return of Barry Burton and Claire Redfield (Even though it's my first time being introduced to her)
    • Scary monsters
    • Improved A.I. partner
    • Puzzles
    • Great controls

CONS

• Feels a little bit much like The Last of Us
    • Questionable events
    • Confusing story

My rating: 8/10

My Resident Evil ranking so far:

1. Resident Evil Remake
    2. Resident Evil 4
    3. Resident Evil Revelations 2
    4. Resident Evil 0
  • edited February 2017

It would have been far easier for them to ask what people liked about that shit instead, scratching everything else. Would have saved them a ton of reading...but I guess they were afraid most folks would only need a 7 character limit.

der_ketzer posted: »

Blizzard invited me to a survey about Diablo III so I could tell them what I personally feel is wrong with it (the exact question was how exac

• Well I think I need this after eating chicken as my main meal for like... 10 monthes?

OzzyUK posted: »

For anyone who might be interested in Job's VR weight loss Upload VR wrote an article about it. https://twitter.com/uploadvr/status/834045581999771648 https://uploadvr.com/man-loses-50-pounds-playing-soundboxing/

• edited February 2017

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands yesterday, for some reason the saddest moment in the game was when Fionas hat was destroyed

• Truly the saddest scene in a Telltale game. :'(

Just finished Tales from the Borderlands yesterday, for some reason the saddest moment in the game was when Fionas hat was destroyed

• Like when alcholics ask to have their photo put behind the bar and denied service, but this is a online forum not a dire health situation

Euron posted: »

Probably because they want to leave but fear to come back, like some dependance.

• Ive got to that is my least favorite re I bloody hated it I guess you played with a ai partner but damn the coop in that game is depressing for player 2 you just feel worthless.

AronDracula posted: »

And I finally finished the entire main story of RE Revelations 2. Here are my pros and cons: PROS * The return of Barry Burton and C

• edited February 2017

God fucking dammit. My headphones only work on ear, are quiet as hell whether or not the volume is up, and it interrupted my goddamn BB bingefest. I'm upset.

• And one of the most difficult choices in the game is either to Crush the eye or keep Jack Imprisoned inside the darn eye

• Huh. So I was browsing the web for things about the Last of Us and it's sequel, and I found a clip of Ashley Johnson winning a BAFTA Games Award last year for her portrayal of Ellie. Cool thing, she actually calls out Melissa Hutchison as a great nominee for her performance as Clementine. Ain't that sweet?

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yeah! Cool!

• At least it definitely has a better A.I. than RE 5 and 6 and doesn't focus on action.

Ive got to that is my least favorite re I bloody hated it I guess you played with a ai partner but damn the coop in that game is depressing for player 2 you just feel worthless.

• edited February 2017

Hello again everyone.

I just wanted to say that I've just started Tales from the Borderlands and have bought the Batman game for when I finish.

• I think you hit the nail on the head, it always grinds my gears when people say "Oh its my favorite game of all time", or "its the best game ever", because thats literally impossible to define, for example, right now, I would say that my favorite game I have played is Danganronpa 1 and 2, but thats because it was the most recent game that I played, which blew my mind, and gave me an amazing experience, if you would have asked me in december, that game would have been The Walking Dead season 2, or Mass effect 3.

Personally, I also find it dumb to signify something as a "best game of all time", because once you have played that game, its no longer gonna be the best, sure it may have been the game you enjoyed the most, but you will never get that same level of enjoyment out of that game again. Going back to Danganronpa, that game is all about solving the mystery, while the tension builds up, because there is the risk of someone getting killed at any moment, but now that I have completed it, it will never be the same experience again, the tension will be gone, because I know who will get killed, the mystery and suspense will be gone because I know the story, but then another game comes along, that you havent played before, and you can get those feelings all over again, maybe not as strongly as with the previous game, but it will still be "better", because its new and exciting.

One thng that I always find, when I try to name my "best game" or "most enjoyable game", its always something that I have played in the last 6 months, simply because I find that dwelling on past experiences is kind of a waste of time, obviously I think about a game when I am done, and reflect of what I just experienced, but there is no reason to keep yourself trapped in the past so to speak, there is no reason to hold up other games to the standard of your "favorite game", because they all have different values and strengths. I played a game recently, called "Lucy: The eternity she wished for", which is actually barely a game at all, its a visual novel, but unlike Danganronpa, it basically have no gameplay at all, except for a few choices, that will signify which out of the 3 endings you will get, alot of people would trash all over it because it doesnt have a deep world or lore like Witcher 3, and say that its not a game, because it doesnt have gameplay, but it had a moving story, and was an experience in its own right, it was only 4 hours long, but its probably still one of my "favorite games" right now, simply because its recent, and it was an experience unlike any other, just like Danganronpa or TWD Season 2.

I like to rate my games by "experiences" rather than good or bad, some games dont give me a great experience, and then there is games like Danganronpa or TWD (season 2 especially), where I will have some sort of crazy experience, that makes the game special for me, and then I will value that game for the experience it gave me, but it will never be the "best game", because it was an experience among many others, maybe it was a better experience than alot of other games, but it shouldnt be ranked like that, since every experience is different

Deltino posted: »

I have a question: how many of you agree with the concept of there being a 'best game'? How do you feel when someone cites this or that a

• I just finished Tales from the Borderlands the other day, its super enjoyable, the overarching story is pretty good, although what really stood out to me was the characters, I just loved almost every single character in that game, even the ones I hated because they were scum, were still amazing, youre in for a treat

Acheive250 posted: »

Hello again everyone. I just wanted to say that I've just started Tales from the Borderlands and have bought the Batman game for when I finish.

• Today is Fat Thursday in my country. I've eaten 3 pączki (doughnuts) already, and they were the size of half of my head. There goes my summer body.

Have some:

c

• Goddammit, every time Ashley speaks, I always think of Ellie.

AChicken posted: »

Huh. So I was browsing the web for things about the Last of Us and it's sequel, and I found a clip of Ashley Johnson winning a BAFTA Games A

• Do they call it Jeudi Gras?

Mardi Gras is coming up soon in the U.S.

fallandir posted: »

Today is Fat Thursday in my country. I've eaten 3 pączki (doughnuts) already, and they were the size of half of my head. There goes my summer body. Have some:

• Nah, I'm not French.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Do they call it Jeudi Gras? Mardi Gras is coming up soon in the U.S.

• Cool! We Pennyslvania Deutsch have our own Doughtnut related holiday this month, except we call it Fastnacht Day. It's next week right before Lent.

Today is Fat Thursday in my country. I've eaten 3 pączki (doughnuts) already, and they were the size of half of my head. There goes my summer body. Have some:

• I have a question? Look at the shirt below

enter image description here

Is this shirt racist, yes or no?

• I'm really excited for Horizon: Zero Dawn, but have no money to buy it. ;(

• Racist against baseball bats.

I have a question? Look at the shirt below Is this shirt racist, yes or no?

• This is the reason why I mostly avoid voice actor interviews and the like, I have experienced before, where I would always attribute a characters voice in a game, to a person outside the video game, and it really kills immersion for me

AronDracula posted: »

Goddammit, every time Ashley speaks, I always think of Ellie.

• I'm going to take a guess and say someone somehow managed to convince themselves this was racist. No it is not.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2017

I read about this, some people get offended way too easily.

Edit: I forgot too add that i don't think it's racist.

• I remember seeing a really cute image of them eating pizza together at an event with text that said something like 'Clem and Ellie would definitely be best friends if they met!'

AChicken posted: »

Huh. So I was browsing the web for things about the Last of Us and it's sequel, and I found a clip of Ashley Johnson winning a BAFTA Games A

• NOW I WANT SOME

• I would say nope.

• edited February 2017

I was chatting Dartigan (The narrator of his GamingSin channel) on Discord and he gave me 2 great answers, here is what I asked and he answered:

• What is your favourite Telltale game? The Wolf Among Us
    • Will you ever sin Telltale's Walking Dead all seasons? Yes, dunno when though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.