Borderlands 3 tech demo Twitch stream screenshots from Unreal Engine 4 conference

The credit goes to Nirolak from Neogaf.

Notes:
This is a demo of their current progress on their tech. This is still likely 18+ months out.
He's also very clear this is a tech demo and anything seen here might not ship or be changed.
Randy hinted that this takes place on new planet(s).
Randy also hinted that the character is someone we know when he was explaining why they weren't showing her face.
Some of these might not have all the effects turned on because they were showing each part of their process.
I took these by screenshotting a Twitch stream, so there might be some detail lost here.

enter image description here

Tagged:

Comments

• I have a video, but unfortunately it's IGN

• Hoping that Fiona is a playable vault hunter.

• I would like to see Fiona as a vault hunters in BL3. I'd also like to see loaderbot as a vault hunter with 3 different skins.

kaza125 posted: »

Hoping that Fiona is a playable vault hunter.

• Sasha is that you?

• Doesn't really look like her, to me.

Sasha is that you?

• Umm... yeah.

MichaelBP posted: »

Doesn't really look like her, to me.

• People are speculating that it's Tiny Tina.

Sasha is that you?

• edited March 2017

Mostly because her body build and skin tone don't really match up with Sasha's imo.

Umm... yeah.

• She wouldn't exactly be tiny anymore, would she? ;)

Pipas posted: »

People are speculating that it's Tiny Tina.

• It is nice to get some info about Borderlands. Hopefully when we start getting news and trailers about Borderlands 3, there will be more activity in this sub forum again.

I also think it is Tiny Tina, but it could also be Spring.

• pls be Fiona

• I can see it happening.

• looks like janey to me, image overhaul tbh

Sasha is that you?

• Fiona looks different, rhys will definitely have a role since he's atlas CEO, Fiona is a new vaulthunter just like the ones we had in BL1/2 so there is a huge chance that she will be among the ones we play in BL3

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

pls be Fiona

• But we don't know where Rhys and Fiona are, they could be dead for all we know.

Mercyva posted: »

Fiona looks different, rhys will definitely have a role since he's atlas CEO, Fiona is a new vaulthunter just like the ones we had in BL1/2 so there is a huge chance that she will be among the ones we play in BL3

• I just came down here to say this. It looks like her, 100%. It has the same militant vibe, haircolor, and skin tone that she had, and it would explain why they're so desperate to hide her face.

Pipas posted: »

People are speculating that it's Tiny Tina.

• I'd like to think they at least ended up on the other side of the universe, rather than being dead... then again, they could have ended up in a planet that has no humans, and just monsters...

Acheive250 posted: »

But we don't know where Rhys and Fiona are, they could be dead for all we know.

• Or they could be out on another adventure and looking for a way to get back home. :)

MichaelBP posted: »

I'd like to think they at least ended up on the other side of the universe, rather than being dead... then again, they could have ended up in a planet that has no humans, and just monsters...

• That would be preferable. For some drama, whatever money they had on them could be pretty much worthless on the planet they're on. And so, to afford a way back to Pandora, they.must scheme a lot, as well as potentially backstab others.

Or they could be out on another adventure and looking for a way to get back home.

• Hmm, where have I heard this before, Telltale?

Or they could be out on another adventure and looking for a way to get back home.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.