The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited March 2017

So... Is Telltale's Jurassic Park game any good? I've heard some people say it has the worst story in a Telltale game, while others say it has one of the best.
    I know the game play is crap but I can sacrifice that for a good story.

I like almost every other Telltale game (Tales, Wolf, TWD S1, S2 and Michonne, MC:SM, GoT, BM and BTTF), so I was wondering what you thought.

Thank you.

• It's really nothing special. Even if you're a huge jurassic park fan the game is just very bland and boring, gameplay is a QTE shitfest. There's very few redeeming qualities.

Acheive250 posted: »

So... Is Telltale's Jurassic Park game any good? I've heard some people say it has the worst story in a Telltale game, while others say it h

• Haven't played episode 5 yet and it's already your favorite game? Oh boy, can't wait till you play that one.

Sure. I haven't played episode 4 or 5 yet, so I'll do that then.

• I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Unfortunately there were games that I also really wanted to get there but cost too much on their own. Super Mario 64 ($50), Spiderman Shattered Dimensions ($35) and... Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes ($60). ;__;

joshua007 posted: »

Beyond Good and Evil Good my student in the darkside, remember in the beginning it can be hard but when you learn your way you will have fun

• I hardly remember most of it besides remembering I felt enjoyment from the game and some boss fights. I probably did have trouble with web slinging but I just don't remember. lol I try to not let a few problems ruin my enjoyment, I work around it.

Spiderman 3 People found it pretty shit due to the web slinging being way worse than the second one and the other glaring problems it had, but I personally loved that game to bits, though that may just be the nostalgia glasses.

• Ohmygod, I just watched the trailer for episode 4 of Tales from the Borderlands (Which I haven't played yet).

I can't wait to play it, it looks amazing!

• Oh, sweet summer child... ;____;

Ohmygod, I just watched the trailer for episode 4 of Tales from the Borderlands (Which I haven't played yet). I can't wait to play it, it looks amazing!

• That young man deserves an award. He acted professional and like a man. You don't see too many of those any more.

• You guys were right. Resident Evil 6 is NOT Resident Evil.

• edited March 2017

Watched the film Logan today.

It easily beats out X-Men: Apocalypse in virtually every aspect, and it's a fitting sendoff for both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. The actress who plays Laura is very talented, and I hope she continues to earn more roles in the future.

• ZIP IT, STAN LEE!

AronDracula posted: »

Deadpool 2 Teaser Trailer.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

There's very few redeeming qualities.

The death scenes are probably the best part.

It's really nothing special. Even if you're a huge jurassic park fan the game is just very bland and boring, gameplay is a QTE shitfest. There's very few redeeming qualities.

• I DID IT!!!!! I earned all the trophies of Resident Evil Remake. I'm the master of survival horror.

• Nice suit

ZIP IT, STAN LEE!

• What's... That supposed to mean?

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Oh, sweet summer child... ;____;

• Second.

dojo32161 posted: »

There's very few redeeming qualities. The death scenes are probably the best part.

• Chris' campaign? No. Leon's campaign? Ehhh.... It's better than 5.

You guys were right. Resident Evil 6 is NOT Resident Evil.

• edited March 2017

Resident Evil 5 didn't have much action like RE6. Resident Evil 6 copied some elements from Transformers, Uncharted, Jurassic Park, Call of Duty, WWE, Gears of War, Independence Day, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Bioshock etc. and made me lose my interest of Chris and Leon. Also, there are a lot of moments where the protagonists should have been dead and the game breaks the law of physics.

Johro posted: »

Chris' campaign? No. Leon's campaign? Ehhh.... It's better than 5.

• I just made the gf play through The Walking Dead Season One.

Her reaction to Lee's death was just sobbing, and as evil of me as it was, all I could sport was a shit eating grin because she didn't know it was coming through the whole game.

• edited March 2017

Resident Evil 6 copied some elements from Transformers, Uncharted, Jurassic Park, Call of Duty, WWE, Gears of War, Independence Day, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Bioshock etc.

So... you're saying it's the ultimate gaming experience then?

Resident Evil 5 didn't have much action like RE6. Resident Evil 6 copied some elements from Transformers, Uncharted, Jurassic Park, Call of

• Resident Evil 6 copied some elements from Transformers, Uncharted, Jurassic Park, Call of Duty, WWE, Gears of War, Independence Day, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Bioshock etc. So... you're saying it's the ultimate gaming experience then?

• I wish I could get back to TWD S1, but need to finish my essay for the https://essayshark.com/ blog due tomorrow.
    Procrastination all the way, yay! sad face

• I just made the gf play through The Walking Dead Season One. Her reaction to Lee's death was just sobbing, and as evil of me as it was, all I could sport was a shit eating grin because she didn't know it was coming through the whole game.

• Fuckin' hell.

Some social justice warriors went on Twitter to harass Finn Jones because he is portraying Iron Fist. Why? Because he's white and these people believe that Iron Fist should be asian... Despite Iron Fist being white in the first place. So of course when Finn Jones gave a reasonable and calm answer these people starting talking about how he's "whitesplaining".

So now he's deleted his Twitter because of the harassment.

Thanks guys. Yelling at someone on the internet sure must have made you feel proud.

• What's ironic is that the SJW's don't even realize they're bullying people.

lupinb0y posted: »

Fuckin' hell. Some social justice warriors went on Twitter to harass Finn Jones because he is portraying Iron Fist. Why? Because he's whi

• And now she's acting like the victim and all these other SJW's are telling her how she's so strong and brave for harassing a guy on Twitter.

What's ironic is that the SJW's don't even realize they're bullying people.

• edited March 2017

They don't seem to realize that it's not bravery or an act of strength to belittle people for not following your line of thought. Playing the victim card when you are proven wrong on a subject you don't even know about shows the complete opposite of being brave or displaying an act of strength.

Some people just want to be in the right no matter what the circumstances, and simply won't admit to being wrong and just apologize for the outburst.

And now she's acting like the victim and all these other SJW's are telling her how she's so strong and brave for harassing a guy on Twitter.

• Tell me about. It was infuriating to read the garbage she typed. Finn Jones wasn't even telling her she was wrong or anything like that. He gave his own argument and she completely sandbagged them and acted like he was the one harassing her.

RichWalk23 posted: »

They don't seem to realize that it's not bravery or an act of strength to belittle people for not following your line of thought. Playing th

• What does that mean?

Resident Evil 6 copied some elements from Transformers, Uncharted, Jurassic Park, Call of Duty, WWE, Gears of War, Independence Day, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Bioshock etc. So... you're saying it's the ultimate gaming experience then?

• It would have been good if it wasn't named RE and isn't canon to the main story.

• edited March 2017

From the sounds of it, she's just looking to be offended over something due to an on-going trend these days.

This kind of self-righteous and self-important nonsense posted toward a white actor over a white superhero he's playing as is pathetic, really. I'm fine about adding a little diversity so as long as it's appropriate and not simply added for the sake of diversity, but this kind of attitude towards others for not bowing to your needs is simply unacceptable.

Tell me about. It was infuriating to read the garbage she typed. Finn Jones wasn't even telling her she was wrong or anything like that. He gave his own argument and she completely sandbagged them and acted like he was the one harassing her.

• Its impossible to bully someone with privilege points only disabled, females, poc and land whales are capable of being bullied white males simply get their privilege checked

What's ironic is that the SJW's don't even realize they're bullying people.

• edited March 2017

Resident Evil 6; as bad as it may be, is a thoroughly fun (if not unintentionally) game that weaves so much ridiculous and silly shit at super-sonic speeds, I have to applaud it for keeping myself tipsy and laughing while playing through the entire 20 or so hours it took me to complete it.

Something about it is legitimately endearing to me.

What does that mean?

• Mmmmm...

Sherry Birkin is a fucking babe.

• edited March 2017

Edit: replied to wrong comment

• Still, it shouldn't have been named Resident Evil and be it's own thing.

Resident Evil 6; as bad as it may be, is a thoroughly fun (if not unintentionally) game that weaves so much ridiculous and silly shit at sup

• What a shady business

akuratide posted: »

I wish I could get back to TWD S1, but need to finish my essay for the https://essayshark.com/ blog due tomorrow. Procrastination all the way, yay! sad face

• I am sad because I finished the game long time ago ;-; i love u tftbl

What's... That supposed to mean?

• Personally, as a "ruined the series" entry, I'd put Zero at the top of the list. But wait, that was a decent survival horror game. I feel it had the worst lore additions and was a real slap to the face of the first two games with all the retconning.

Hey, I'm a huge RE fan. Huge. I've sat through every horrible movie. I don't even like 6 all that much. I just don't feel it ruined the franchise as much as people say. Story-wise, that was already all over the place by the time that game came out. Gameplay-wise, 5 was a lot worse. I felt it was a really mediocre release, but boy, did everyone else lose their shit when it came out.

It would have been good if it wasn't named RE and isn't canon to the main story.

• As much as people hate to hear this, Resident Evil has always been extremely stupid and ridiculous...

Just many of the prior games added a quasi-element of horror tropes to the atmosphere to punctuate a more intense element. 6 is just flagrant balls-to-the-wall stupidity that seems almost unashamed of itself.

The one thing that I loved about 7 was it's great mixture of genuinely scary segments coupled with fun absurdity that felt almost like watching a splatter film from the 80's.

6 is more like a big Blockbuster action film with scary scenes forced in. Both have their place in entertainment.

Still, it shouldn't have been named Resident Evil and be it's own thing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.