Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

Comments

• It is a bit weird sea we are entering when we finish Infinity War.

I mean Infinity War is kinda the conclusion to the story that started in The Avengers 1. For me it feels like the grand finale to the whole cinematic universe. I don't know what the movies will be about after Infinity War and if the audience are still interested after that.

But I do know that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will happen after Phase 3.

Chibikid posted: »

I'm just curious what is the future lineup after the infinity wars are over.

• So I just finished binge-watching Iron Fist on Netflix. So my opinion is that I like the show. It is not Daredevil or Jessica Jones quality, but it is better than Luke Cage. The first six or seven episodes are a bit slow and boring. But once you get pass them, the story does improve a lot more. While Finn Jones' portrayal of Danny Rand isn't something to marvel about, he did grow on me over time and his action scenes does improve over the course of the story.

So yeah, decent and good. :)

• Glad you enjoyed it! I was a bit worried because of the backlash it got from the critics, so it's good to hear it's actually not that bad. Gonna watch the first episode tonight. :)

So I just finished binge-watching Iron Fist on Netflix. So my opinion is that I like the show. It is not Daredevil or Jessica Jones quality,

• It is not so bad that the critics made it out to be. Once you get through the slow start, it becomes more engaging.

It is kinda the opposite of Luke Cage. It started out good then it became slow and boring at the second half. Iron Fist started out slow and boring and it becomes more interesting by the second half.

Just don't expect Daredevil level of action.

Pipas posted: »

Glad you enjoyed it! I was a bit worried because of the backlash it got from the critics, so it's good to hear it's actually not that bad. Gonna watch the first episode tonight.

• Yeah I liked it too but I thought that it was the weakest of the Marvel Netflix stuff so far. The first few episodes are ROUGH (really liked episode 4 tho). But it actually got really good after that.

So I just finished binge-watching Iron Fist on Netflix. So my opinion is that I like the show. It is not Daredevil or Jessica Jones quality,

• That's fair enough. I personally found Luke Cage the weakest of the four. Mainly because I didn't like Diamondback as the villain and the final fight. The villains in Iron Fist were at least interesting.

But I do like Danny and I want to see how he interacts with Matt, Jessica and Luke.

lupinb0y posted: »

Yeah I liked it too but I thought that it was the weakest of the Marvel Netflix stuff so far. The first few episodes are ROUGH (really liked episode 4 tho). But it actually got really good after that.

• edited March 2017

I finished watching Ant-Man last night. It was awesome.

• Glad that you like the movie.

AronDracula posted: »

I finished watching Ant-Man last night. It was awesome.

• Thanks. The next MCU movie I will watch will probably be The Avengers.

Glad that you like the movie.

• I watched almost the entire season of iron fist!

• What do you think of it so far?

I watched almost the entire season of iron fist!

• Logan only emphasises my reasoning for the X-Men franchise (Deadpool included) being the only one I give a crap about in the MCU.

• It's actually pretty great the characters are all original to the show.

What do you think of it so far?

• OMG, I heard that Chris Evans wants to quit his role of Captain America after The Avengers movies.

• edited March 2017

Is this recent? During the time when The Avengers 2 were filming, he wanted to retire. But after Marvel Cinematic Universe split from Marvel and become Marvel Studio, Chris is willing to extend his contract.

This was around when Civil War was filming.

OMG, I heard that Chris Evans wants to quit his role of Captain America after The Avengers movies.

• If I'm right he wants to quit acting in general and try his hand at directing. But he said that he'd totally come back as Cap if Marvel asked him to.

OMG, I heard that Chris Evans wants to quit his role of Captain America after The Avengers movies.

• Defenders teaser

• It is funny that Daredevil looks more like Iron Fist than Iron Fist. :p

Defenders teaser

• Well we all we know is that Spider-man 2 might be after Infinity war 2 but my guess are that after Spider-man 2 is done we will get Doctor strange 2 since it hasnt gotten a sequel in a while, then I would do Guardians 3 and finale I think they might be doing a captain marvel 2 or a new hero or something like that...

Chibikid posted: »

I'm just curious what is the future lineup after the infinity wars are over.

• DaveTheArakin Guardians 3 is not confirmed I don't think, but we will be getting Spider-man 2 either around Avengers 4 or after.

It is a bit weird sea we are entering when we finish Infinity War. I mean Infinity War is kinda the conclusion to the story that started

• So I saw 9 or 8 Iron Fists episodes and yeah it is kinda bad.
    The fight scenes are bad but get better after Episode 6 so I understand why the reviewers hated that but get's better atleast but I always like the cage fights with the chinese girl.
    The writing is sometimes just bad and mediocere and the lack of explanation on the hand bothers me because... He was trained by monks to take on drug dealers who can't fight for shit and have a granny with telekinetic powers... Oke.
    Still not as bad as the reviewers said but I don't really bother watching the other episodes

• edited April 2017

OMG so cool when will this show get released?

Defenders teaser

• If you look at the timestamp when Jessica smashed the camera. You got your date.

Spoiler: It is 18. August.

joshua007 posted: »

OMG so cool when will this show get released?

• I am mostly blaming the showrunner and the writers. I can see what they were aiming at, but the execution wasn't really good. Also I read in an article that Finn (Danny Rand) only got 20 minutes to prepare for the action scene.

If the show gets a season 2, I hope they'll get a new and better showrunner, not the guy who was responsible for the badly received Dexter ending.

So I saw 9 or 8 Iron Fists episodes and yeah it is kinda bad. The fight scenes are bad but get better after Episode 6 so I understand why t

• So far, I watched:

• Captain America: Civil War
    • The Avengers
    • Ant-Man

The next MCU movie I'm gonna watch is Iron-Man but I dunno what I should watch after that. Which other MCU movies are good to watch?

• But since you are at Episode 9. I do highly suggest that you at least watch till episode 12. I regard 10-12 as the better and more interesting episodes of the season. Would be a shame that you miss it.

So I saw 9 or 8 Iron Fists episodes and yeah it is kinda bad. The fight scenes are bad but get better after Episode 6 so I understand why t

• Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier are both pretty highly regarded. Doctor Strange is also worth checking out imo.

So far, I watched: * Captain America: Civil War * The Avengers * Ant-Man The next MCU movie I'm gonna watch is Iron-Man but I dunno what I should watch after that. Which other MCU movies are good to watch?

• Finally finished Iron Fist. I know, I know, I'm way too late. Anyways...

It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I see where the criticism is coming from. The fight scenes were mostly terrible and Danny's power level was all over the place. Honestly, he trained over 15 years and had a problem with a random henchman? Come on. At this point I bet any of the Defenders would wipe the floor with him. The writing was questionable as well, especially that random 180 from a certain character right at the end. But unlike Luke Cage's Diamondback, the villain was actually interesting. Also really enjoyed Ward's character - that's another Ward to my list of favourite characters. :P Overall, it was still enjoyable, but it's probably my least favourite Netflix Marvel show. I hope Defenders will be better.

6/10

PS: Saving this gif, will definitely come in handy sometime.

enter image description here

• edited April 2017

Seriously the ''Iron Fist'' is a fist that could take on one or two aliens from Avengers 2012 -_-

Finally finished Iron Fist. I know, I know, I'm way too late. Anyways... It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I see where the criticism is

• I am mostly blaming the showrunner and the tight filming schedule. They mostly got 15 minutes to prepare for the fight scenes and had to learn it on set, which is why the fight scene wasn't that good compared to Daredevil.

Also I don't think having the showrunner who was responsible for the lackluster last seasons to Dexter was the right call. I hope there will be a new showrunner for Season 2.

Finally finished Iron Fist. I know, I know, I'm way too late. Anyways... It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I see where the criticism is

• Marvel Studios gave a bunch of reporters some sneak peeks at their future movies. It's nothing too spoilery, but here's an article about it if you wanna read more.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-studios-gave-us-a-peek-at-every-movie-it-has-in-1794416324

• I watched Guardians of the Galaxy and it became my third favourite Marvel movie.

• Considering Robert Downey jr and Chris Evans potentially maybe leaving marvel it'll be interesting to see what will become of the avengers.

• Evidently, the fourth Avengers movie might be titled "Infinity Gauntlet", unless its just a code word for the final title.

Also, the new Guardians movie comes out really soon and reviews have been coming in; I think the general consensus is that the movie was good, but not as good as the first one. It also has five(!) post credit scenes.

• Five post credit scenes? That's a little overkill.

Evidently, the fourth Avengers movie might be titled "Infinity Gauntlet", unless its just a code word for the final title. Also, the new

• Well, I'd just say it has one Post-credit scene, and 4 extra clips during the credits. Strange that they're doing 5 of them, but hey... More Guardians even after the credits start to roll! Can't say no to that.

Evidently, the fourth Avengers movie might be titled "Infinity Gauntlet", unless its just a code word for the final title. Also, the new

• Looks like it's just a code name for it. James Gunn just confirmed that it isn't actually titled that.

• Lol wtf

Marvel is teaming up with Dorito's and they have created a bag of Dorito's that you can use to listen to the soundtrack of Guardians Vol.2 with. There will be a built in cassette player in each bag and you will be able to connect headphones into it. Also the bag can be recharged.

Has science gone too far?

• I am feeling all kinds of hype right now.

• I am feeling all kinds of hype right now.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.