GOTG Ep1 Waiting Thread - Now Available, Trailer Out Now

OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
edited May 2017 in Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Please use this thread for discussion about game release dates and/or discussion about the wait for the next episode. Thanks!

Release Date

• PC/Mac - April 18th
  • Xbox One - April 18th
  • PS4 - April 18th
  • iOS - April 18th
  • Android - April 19th

Guardians of the Galaxy Season Trailer

News

April 10th

March 29th

March 28th

March 22nd

March 9th

March 2nd

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk of punishment. Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions, so please respect that. Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

Remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

We have decided to create this waiting thread slightly early due to the SXSW crowdplay coming up and the possibility of news coming from it.

Episode 1 is set to release this spring so hopefully we don't have too long to wait :)

• We should get a Waiting Thread playlist of 70's songs going! :p

• Will the crowd play be recorded on youtube?

• No!

Lealbryan3 posted: »

Will the crowd play be recorded on youtube?

• Release date thread hype!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It isn't supposed to be streamed or recorded due to spoilers but it wouldn't surprise me if someone recorded some footage on their phone.

Lealbryan3 posted: »

Will the crowd play be recorded on youtube?

• I am posting to make my mark on the first GOTG waiting thread. :)

• edited March 2017

[removed]

• edited March 2017

[removed]

• I am currently on mobile, but if another mod wants to add this, I recall Dont_Look_Back found that the Season Pass Disc for Guardians was rated a couple weeks back.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Done :)

I am currently on mobile, but if another mod wants to add this, I recall Dont_Look_Back found that the Season Pass Disc for Guardians was rated a couple weeks back.

• Is it strange that I'm really excited for this game even though I know nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy?

• Waiting thread, waiting thread, how I love my waiting thread.... :3

• I mean, in some ways it's kind of like a spiritual successor to Tales from the Borderlands, so I don't think that is too odd. :p

Acheive250 posted: »

Is it strange that I'm really excited for this game even though I know nothing about Guardians of the Galaxy?

• edited March 2017

enter image description here

(Sorry if it's kinda big)

I mean, in some ways it's kind of like a spiritual successor to Tales from the Borderlands, so I don't think that is too odd.

• Acheive250 said:

Y O U
    W I L L
    N O T
    B E
    F O R G I V E N

Acheive250 posted: »

• Awesome waiting for march 17th :)

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

agent mostlypoptarts will be on the case

OzzyUK posted: »

It isn't supposed to be streamed or recorded due to spoilers but it wouldn't surprise me if someone recorded some footage on their phone.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

And if you catch anyone filming.

agent mostlypoptarts will be on the case

• Why does Telltale continue with this "crowd play weeks before release" practice? I mean, no one has spoiled anything big so far, but it's just a matter of time before some jackass does. And these crowd plays don't even take place one or two days before release, more like two weeks to a month.

• it's them being cautious
    They don't want players to spoil it so they must be keeping players in check

Why does Telltale continue with this "crowd play weeks before release" practice? I mean, no one has spoiled anything big so far, but it's ju

Just landed in Austin for SXSW!!

• But they only risk spoiling people with these crowdplay events. There would be no risk if they just didn't do them.

it's them being cautious They don't want players to spoil it so they must be keeping players in check

• The event is 6:30 to 9:00, so the episode is probably around 2 hours

• edited March 2017

Is it a coincidence that you guys just happened to do Crowd Play on the day that Iron Fist will air? :p

Just landed in Austin for SXSW!!

It is!

...St. Patrick's Day, too D:

Is it a coincidence that you guys just happened to do Crowd Play on the day that Iron Fist will air?

• edited March 2017

Huh. Okay.

There you go people! Now do you see Telltale has not fallen?! NOW DO YOU SEE?!

(Though, I'm betting that since the episode isn't quite finished yet, I believe it may be a bit shorter, and they'd have some Q&A? Feedback from the audience perhaps?) Gotta know what your fans think of it! <- and I mean that in the most sincere way, not the *"ew, telltale doesn't listen to their fans.." way.

The event is 6:30 to 9:00, so the episode is probably around 2 hours

• Yeah, that's to be expected. I think at the least it will be around 90 minutes, but it could go up to 2 hours depending on how they handle things. I think Batman's crowd play for episode 1 was also 2 and a half hours, and that was in the 2 hour range.

AChicken posted: »

Huh. Okay. There you go people! Now do you see Telltale has not fallen?! NOW DO YOU SEE?! (Though, I'm betting that since the episode

• There is no way in hell the episode is that long. They also mentioned they'd crowdplay the whole season even though it's not entirely done so that's probably why.

If what you said is the case then that "90 minute rule" they have been sticking by was just a sorry excuse for the laziness that's been happening.

The event is 6:30 to 9:00, so the episode is probably around 2 hours

• Ha jokes. Just because walking dead has been known for having short episodes since Michonne doesn't mean other series can't go over the 90 minute timeframe, Batman episode 1 and 3 were in the 100-120 minute time frame. This is just the premiere of course, so future episodes will likely to be shorter than the premiere. I guess we'll just have to see.

There is no way in hell the episode is that long. They also mentioned they'd crowdplay the whole season even though it's not entirely done

• They are crowd playing just the first episode.

There is no way in hell the episode is that long. They also mentioned they'd crowdplay the whole season even though it's not entirely done

• Does anyone know if they're releasing the entire season at once or over time?

• Even the title screen seems groovy

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Job tweeted a pic of the "press A to begin" screen if anyone is interested.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The game will be episodic but i read somewhere that they could release the episodes weekly.

Chibikid posted: »

Does anyone know if they're releasing the entire season at once or over time?

• edited March 2017

Ooh, now this is a pickle. Which do I reply to in extreme excitement for the wonderful title screen intel?

.. @freelancepolicefan11 for his quick postage of it?

Or @OzzyUK's inclusion of the tweet for proof?

[Hey it worked!]

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

If you want a username to tag it can't be the first thing in a sentence.

AChicken posted: »

Ooh, now this is a pickle. Which do I reply to in extreme excitement for the wonderful title screen intel? .. @freelancepolicefan11 for his quick postage of it? Or @OzzyUK's inclusion of the tweet for proof? [Hey it worked!]

• That's the first I've heard of it. Ok then.

Thanks.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you want a username to tag it can't be the first thing in a sentence.

• What kind of conspiracy food is that behind them? :scream:

..[a?]mes are 6 letters max.

... is still in development.
    ..al? ...ect to th.. ..row... Wifi... rk...

1st line: Episode Names are 6 letters max
    2nd line: This episode is still in development.
    3rd line: [indiscernible]

https://twitter.com/SXSWGaming/status/842891080593031169

Sign in to comment in this discussion.