PS4 Pre-Order Exclusive Theme - Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

Comments

• Oooo this is really nice! Wish I had a PS4

• Sweet. Finally a Telltale theme. Last time they had this was just a Walking Dead Season 1 theme on PS3. That was ages ago.

• Now that is cool, I'm doing this as soon as I get home from class.

• Ohh, I wish I could get that. But I prefer the physical copies of my games.

• Pre-ordered the game! Really nice theme. A lot of times, pre-order themes are pretty freaking low effort so this was a nice surprise!

• How does the song transitioning work in the theme?

Deadpoolian posted: »

Pre-ordered the game! Really nice theme. A lot of times, pre-order themes are pretty freaking low effort so this was a nice surprise!

• edited March 2017

Oh, interesting.

• Music only plays when the headset floats near or over the screen. So it's pretty much song > space sounds > new song

How does the song transitioning work in the theme?

• "Offer available in North and South America only"

enter image description here

• edited March 2017

As nice as this theme is... It's official. They fucked over ANF because of Guardians.

I hope the company makes such a big loss that they need to start listening to customers again and not act like such a fucking high-class company.
  • "On PlayStation 4."

"Offer available in North and South America only"

• They have done other games before at the same time and made good titles out of both. Assuming Guardians (which hasn't even released its first episode) is hurting A New Frontier when they have different teams working on the games it kind of unfair.

As nice as this theme is... It's official. They fucked over ANF because of Guardians. I hope the company makes such a big loss that they need to start listening to customers again and not act like such a fucking high-class company.

• They definitely care about Guardians more than TWD: ANF. They probably think Guardians will be their new "S1-like cashcow" and I hope it fails just because of this.

Did you not see the AMA? We were asking if we were going to get more hubs in ANF and Job replied with "guardians blah vertical blah horizontal blah". They advertised Guardians way more than ANF this month and talked about Guardians way more this month than ANF/TWD on all their social media. Hell, they gave it its own fucking pre-order theme! They released Guardians screenshots but no ANF screenshots. The panel advertisement had a background from Guardians and was Guardians styled/themed and had nothing about ANF on it. Everything is about Guardians. More Guardians. And even more Guardians.

Right now I expect Guardians to have 2+ hour episodes with its own unique main menu and its own original soundtracks since Telltale just don't seem to give a shit about TWD anymore. Choices will probably matter more than usual, etc (I'm expecting the game to be so damn good because they sacrificed TWD for it). I'm not buying Guardians. All the good writers have been moved from TWD to Guardians and they left TWD (ANF) to mainly freelancers who know nothing about Clementine or any other damn character resulting in a shitfest of an episode (all three damn episodes in fact).

They have done other games before at the same time and made good titles out of both. Assuming Guardians (which hasn't even released its first episode) is hurting A New Frontier when they have different teams working on the games it kind of unfair.

• I just pre-ordered, and spent like 3 minutes looking at my new theme...
    Like @Deadpoolian said, it's that. Whenever the headphones float back towards the screen, it's a new song. Though, I think it's like 4-5 songs, but each song uses the same clip whenever it's its turn to play. You get what I mean? I probably just confused you with that last part..
    The Background is nice, except you can kind of tell the green planet and the Saturn-like planet are just painted on to the concave picture. They seem stretched whenever they're on the edges of the screen.

Cool theme though! I do like it!

How does the song transitioning work in the theme?

• edited March 2017

How long does it take for the song to fades out? (The theme video did showcase a single loop so scratch that one off my list) I don't even have a PS4, but I'm just super curious for some reason. Any way you could record the theme for a few minutes? If not I totally understand. I guess I'm just really happy to see such a cool theme from Telltale.

AChicken posted: »

I just pre-ordered, and spent like 3 minutes looking at my new theme... Like @Deadpoolian said, it's that. Whenever the headphones float ba

• Ah, sorry. I can't record it.
    I can tell you however that each music clip lasts for about 15 seconds each. The entire theme rotates a whole 360 degrees from the center of the screen and that takes about just under 5 minutes to do a full rotation.

The Walkman's headphones does this weird loop from the top right of the screen to the bottom and back to the top left of it before disappearing. It then loops over the Walkman cassette player, around in the background of the theme moving towards the left, loops back over the cassette player, and then goes back towards the top right corner of the screen, repeat from there.

I can also give you pictures. Here:

How long does it take for the song to fades out? (The theme video did showcase a single loop so scratch that one off my list) I don't even h

• Thanks for the full breakdown dude, appreciate it.

AChicken posted: »

Ah, sorry. I can't record it. I can tell you however that each music clip lasts for about 15 seconds each. The entire theme rotates a whol

• No it isn't. Like or hate ANF, GOTG had nothing to do with it.

As nice as this theme is... It's official. They fucked over ANF because of Guardians. I hope the company makes such a big loss that they need to start listening to customers again and not act like such a fucking high-class company.

• Yes, it did.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No it isn't. Like or hate ANF, GOTG had nothing to do with it.

• And how do you know this?

Yes, it did.

• I got the theme for my ps4.. its great but not mind-blowing. the songs are great too

• The theme looks really cool and I have a PS4 but I was just planning on trying episode one for now on my Xbox (I prefer most games on Xbox too) wish there was a little more offers for other consoles.

• It's really important I'm from belgium i preordered the game will i get the theme ? Please. Thank you. I have not enough time to preorder it in america.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

It is exclusive to North and South America, unfortunately.

Snow-White posted: »

It's really important I'm from belgium i preordered the game will i get the theme ? Please. Thank you. I have not enough time to preorder it in america.

• edited April 2017

Oh. Thanks

It is exclusive to North and South America, unfortunately.

• edited April 2017

So what you are saying is that you are petty?

That and that you are overreacting over nothing.

And no shit they advertised Guardians of the Galaxy, it comes out this month.

They definitely care about Guardians more than TWD: ANF. They probably think Guardians will be their new "S1-like cashcow" and I hope it fai

• Well I hope they do try harder to make it a good game, I hope Marvel makes them re-evaluate the way they treat games and if they do make Guardians amazing like TWDG Season One, then that will create more outrage and hope from fans and hopefully inspire them to do more with their next and current games.

Honestly, at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Guardians was just enjoyable but still followed the new formula they seem to be going for and if this does happen, I will sincerely be worried about Game of Thrones Season 2.

They definitely care about Guardians more than TWD: ANF. They probably think Guardians will be their new "S1-like cashcow" and I hope it fai

• Are you sure about that? I'm certain the EU PSN pre-order for the game talked about giving you the theme..

• After seeing the release of the episode it's safe to say what monkey said is the case here.

And how do you know this?

• edited April 2017

Just look at them!!! GOTG got what ANF doesn't. Have you watched the first episode or read what it has been said in ANF Episode 3 Waiting Thread?'

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice it was posted a month ago

And how do you know this?

• Monkey was right about this. Glad I won't buy it.

After seeing the release of the episode it's safe to say what monkey said is the case here.

• What about gotg being the reason for ANF?

After seeing the release of the episode it's safe to say what monkey said is the case here.

• Look at ANF. It has no hubs, not enough exploring areas, not enough character development, too much action and dialogue. GOTG got what we have been asking for years.

zeke10 posted: »

What about gotg being the reason for ANF?

• Guardians has about 70% of the things walking dead fans were asking for. Walking dead had none of them. They were both being developed at the same time. This means one was clearly prioritized over the other.

What about gotg being the reason for ANF?

• don't they have different teams?

Guardians has about 70% of the things walking dead fans were asking for. Walking dead had none of them. They were both being developed at the same time. This means one was clearly prioritized over the other.

• edited April 2017

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say this I would be able to buy Telltale.

Please, click that.

"The basic way tasks get done here, given the schedule, is that person A will have an Idea, they will then give a rough description of that idea to Person B, who will work on the task for a few days. Then the schedule will get messed up, and person B will be moved away, and the task will fall to Person C, who will have no explanation of what is happening. Person C will then finish the task as best he can, and the task will go up for a Review. The people in the Review will dislike how the Task turned out, and be confused as to why Person C got it so wrong. Instead of telling person C what went wrong, The task will then be removed and given to person D. The end result is, as a developer, I have no sense of ownership or vision for the work that I am doing . I was not there at the start, I won't be there at the end, and 99% of the time any creative input I bring to the table will be either rejected outright, or lost due to churn."

* don't they have different teams?

• Yes, but then that would mean that one team was more organised/focused than the other.

* don't they have different teams?

• [removed]

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say this I would be able to buy Telltale. Please, click that. "The basic way tasks ge

• I literally did not insult what so ever but somehow I'm being a dick? Since when did the absence of "xD" emoji's and no sugar coating mean being a dick? Man whenever I propose facts I'll have to propose it with a cookie too.

Seriously, though, I was only expressing how many times I've heard people say that. I in no means was trying to insult you.

• Can't tell these things via post

I literally did not insult what so ever but somehow I'm being a dick? Since when did the absence of "xD" emoji's and no sugar coating mean

Sign in to comment in this discussion.