GOTG Ep1 Waiting Thread - Now Available, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Less than half an hour to go.

• 2 minutes to go

• Where is the trailer

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

• Okay, this goes quite beyond my expectations.

• The elevator music was cringe

• Ooooohh my god. It looks so good!!!

Here's my predictions [WARNING: Minor spoilers for episode one of TffB]
    I bet they're going to acquire this "artefact" thing that Telltale have mentioned at around the end of episode one, similar to how at the end of Tales episode one, they discover the Gortys Project.

• edited March 2017

Telltale seems to be going into crazy places this time with the upgraded engine. Very excited for the premiere in a couple weeks!

• Not a marvel fan. But i got goosebumps. HYPED!

• edited March 2017

Ehh, I dunno. I'm not feeling it. They didn't really show anything to get hyped about. I just wish Telltale were silent about Thanos' appearance until this trailer, it'd probably made a bigger impact on me that way.

I'll most likely get it anyway, but now I'm a bit meh about it.

Also Star Lord's face spooked me a bit.
  • OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You can now pre-order on the Telltale website and they have a bit of story information too.

https://telltale.com/series/guardiansofthegalaxy/

In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of the Guardians has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands. From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, this five-part episodic series puts you in the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure.

• edited March 2017

Cool cool cool, coolcool.
    It does look... Different than what I'd hoped. -- for Star Lord, I mean. Didn't expect that face.

Still excited for this though. :D

• Yeah, the trailer was underwhelming, but hey that means that we barely know what's gonna happen unlike many of Telltale's other trailers. I'd rather have a boring trailer over a boring game.

Pipas posted: »

Ehh, I dunno. I'm not feeling it. They didn't really show anything to get hyped about. I just wish Telltale were silent about Thanos' appear

• Just saying, the graphics are OK at best, i spotted many things in the trailer that had texture pop-ins and just low res textures overall and in other parts the graphics were awesome. Plus, i don't like the models for any of the Guardians (except Rachet) they look like Guardians of the Galaxy fans are wearing cheap rubber costumes of the actual Guardians

• Honestly, that trailer was very underwhelming. Not a lot was shown other than Thanos, and while that's good in that it didn't spoil anything, it's not getting anyone really hyped, and since this is the first trailer Telltale has released for this game, that's not really a good thing.

• Who's voicing Thanos? I almost want to say it's Travis Willingham doing his deep, villainous, voice...

• So after seeing the trailer, I dont think Im really going to bother.

Not to mention, the songs they showed this time plus the ones for the PS4 pre order...

either Telltale has pretty poor taste in 70s music or cant afford the more popular songs.

• Glad to see there is going to be some comedy idk why but I just want this game to feel like borderlands.

• The trailer was okish at best although the animation at times looked like a indie PS2 game. I hope the game is fantastic and does well, but I think I may wait a while for this.

• I can't be the only one who thought he looked like Joker.

enter image description here

• Really bad trailer, lol at the dislikes. Wtf happened to Telltale?

• Oh no, thats just typical youtube comment bullcrap.

Journey95 posted: »

Really bad trailer, lol at the dislikes. Wtf happened to Telltale?

• edited March 2017

I don't know why...But Star Lord carries a resemblance to Troy Baker.

• YouTube dislikes anything telltale uploads that ain't twd

Really bad trailer, lol at the dislikes. Wtf happened to Telltale?

• Nope, Telltale's reputation has been getting worse in the last few years and I cant say I disagree. Their last few games apart from Borderlands have been medicore at best

Oh no, thats just typical youtube comment bullcrap.

• indie PS2 game

What does that even mean? Sounds like your trying to make a fair critique purposely worse.

Chibikid posted: »

The trailer was okish at best although the animation at times looked like a indie PS2 game. I hope the game is fantastic and does well, but I think I may wait a while for this.

• It looks like graphics from low budget PS2 games I played years ago.

indie PS2 game What does that even mean? Sounds like your trying to make a fair critique purposely worse.

• I got to say I'm pretty excited! I know this'll be awesome.

• edited March 2017

INb4 Telltale announces that the premiere is too big so they're debuting three 30-minute episodes on the 18th.

• Gonna place a prediction here, I think that we will only play as Starlord. Everyone else we play as will only be during an action scene.

• edited March 2017

The elevator song in the trailer is literally the first result after typing in "elevator music" in Youtube.

• Yup, that was the first thing I noticed when it played, its the most generic royalty free music there is.

BC_Guy posted: »

The elevator song in the trailer is literally the first result after typing in "elevator music" in Youtube.

• I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about so many people being on the fence. Happens everytime Telltale announces a new game.

• And often they are right, see GoT and Batman

AgentZ46 posted: »

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about so many people being on the fence. Happens everytime Telltale announces a new game.

• More often, they are wrong. See Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands.

And often they are right, see GoT and Batman

• Never are they right. They may not be as popular as TFTB or TWAU but those were great games.

And often they are right, see GoT and Batman

• Star Lord's face caught my attention too. I'll have to get a good look before I make a full judgement though.

Pipas posted: »

Ehh, I dunno. I'm not feeling it. They didn't really show anything to get hyped about. I just wish Telltale were silent about Thanos' appear

• Yeah, it's really just a few clips to establish that one Thanos scene.
    I agree we need a real trailer with a bunch of quick clips and jammin' music. With this.. it's nice, but I'm still left in the dark about the whole plot of the game.

Honestly, that trailer was very underwhelming. Not a lot was shown other than Thanos, and while that's good in that it didn't spoil anything

• enter image description here
    Nice comeback.

More often, they are wrong. See Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands.

• Don't forget Minecraft. I never played it but heard only positive things overall.

More often, they are wrong. See Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.