GOTG Ep1 Waiting Thread - Now Available, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• I'm sure the launch trailer in a few weeks will get people hyped. Unfortunately, this was just a small teaser to reveal Thanos as a villain, whom we already know to be in the game since yesterday. Nice teaser, but not too fulfilling. We hear a few lines from Star-lord, one from Drax, one from Groot, one from Rocket, but none from Gamora? :/

• To be fair Gamora got to do a sick backflip, but yeah a bit weird.

AChicken posted: »

I'm sure the launch trailer in a few weeks will get people hyped. Unfortunately, this was just a small teaser to reveal Thanos as a villain,

• edited March 2017

Yeah. Underrated game that mostly gets hate for being associated with Minecraft.
    I hate Minecraft, but I do like MCSM... While it may have been created just for crazy amounts of cash, TTG still did a very good job with it.

eRock92 posted: »

Don't forget Minecraft. I never played it but heard only positive things overall.

• Starlord's face is really... eh. I was expecting something more on the lines of a mix of Christ Pratt and Luke...

• It is pretty catchy, though. Right?

BC_Guy posted: »

The elevator song in the trailer is literally the first result after typing in "elevator music" in Youtube.

• edited March 2017

Don't worry, that was just a mask as well..

Clem-Clem posted: »

Starlord's face is really... eh. I was expecting something more on the lines of a mix of Christ Pratt and Luke...

• I do hope Telltale make us understand why Thanos is so frightening, I hate to see him reduced to a simple evil villain.

• With GotG coming, sorry Telltales but you are shitting on ANF like BIG time.
    By putting yourself in Marvels leash... boy tho I feel sorry

• Actually replayed ep 1 of MCSM today... telltale did such a great job with their action scenes and I thought the directing was really dynamic. Can see GOTG having more in common with that game than TftB to be honest.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah. Underrated game that mostly gets hate for being associated with Minecraft. I hate Minecraft, but I do like MCSM... While it may have been created just for crazy amounts of cash, TTG still did a very good job with it.

• Wat

With GotG coming, sorry Telltales but you are shitting on ANF like BIG time. By putting yourself in Marvels leash... boy tho I feel sorry

• I've pre-ordered the last few Telltale games but I think I'll wait for some reviews on this one. I was only partially interested anyway but that trailer was very underwhelming.

• Yup same here, that trailer really didn't do anything for me. I remeber before Borderlands had a trailer I was on the fence about the whole idea, but after seeing the trailer I knew I wanted to play it.

Also I'm already worried about the music. I really love 70s and 80s music and seeing the music used in this trailer plus the PS4 home screen music... Telltale either has bad taste in 70s music or their budget couldn't afford the more catchy popular songs.

VenomHD posted: »

I've pre-ordered the last few Telltale games but I think I'll wait for some reviews on this one. I was only partially interested anyway but that trailer was very underwhelming.

• Which were both great games.

Journey95 posted: »

And often they are right, see GoT and Batman

• edited March 2017

They were not as well received either, its not just about popularity (if anything TWAU might lose that one, otherwise we would have seen a second season already).

Telltale games have been going downhill since TWAU (exception Borderlands) and they are milking their formula to death & going quality over quantity so the negativity is only increasing.

Its not just on Youtube, there are other gaming forums, reddit and hell even their own forum. Batman and GoT were pretty bad games, especialy the latter

AgentZ46 posted: »

Never are they right. They may not be as popular as TFTB or TWAU but those were great games.

• edited March 2017

No they aren't. Those three were great games but then we also got Minecraft (lol), Batman, GoT and now GoG (which seems really lackluster). Lets not forget the two medicore TWD sequels either.

Telltale should take some time off and stop with this quantity over quality bullshit. Hopefully GoG shows that that to them.

More often, they are wrong. See Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands.

• Not sure where? Most people dislike it

eRock92 posted: »

Don't forget Minecraft. I never played it but heard only positive things overall.

• Batman wasn't mediocre.

Nope, Telltale's reputation has been getting worse in the last few years and I cant say I disagree. Their last few games apart from Borderlands have been medicore at best

• edited March 2017

It's actually quite surprising because Telltale usually put their own spin on things. The fundamental issue is that it exists because of the film and that's who they have to target it at even if it is going to tell it's own story. I wasn't expecting subtlety but they surely could have done a better job of marketing it without it feeling quite so dull and uninspired. I guess the short answer is that imitating the style all of a film won't really translate over well.

Also yeah, the music. It's trying to do the same thing but again it just came off as a pale imitation compared to how well the film utilized it's music.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yup same here, that trailer really didn't do anything for me. I remeber before Borderlands had a trailer I was on the fence about the whole

• Can we please call him Starluke or Starlukas?

• Disagree, it felt very formularic, the villian was weak, the side characters were lacking (apart from Two Face) and overall it just seemed like a cash grab.

Even Troy Baker sounded bored.

Batman wasn't mediocre.

• Sorry if this was asked or even answered but is there a reason why GoTG is cheaper (24 €) than TWD:ANF or even Batman were (29 €) for the same amount of episodes? Definitely not complaining (29 € was way overpriced IMO considering games are getting shorter and shorter without real improvements anywhere to be found) but does that mean some cuts will be made in length or anything?

Unless critic reviews and player's reception are really good, I was going to wait for a sale but I'm curious of that back pedaling (in a good way)

• "That's like your opinion man"

No they aren't. Those three were great games but then we also got Minecraft (lol), Batman, GoT and now GoG (which seems really lackluster).

• I think the problem is just what the trailer showed. It mainly showed a few bits of the Guardians confronting Thanos (something I see happening in the first 20 minutes). It's main focus was on that particular event and not the overarching plot of the season. Too much focus on the elevator scene, and without context for it too: Were they escaping from enemies in the elevator? Entering the enemy complex? It was just a scene that was kind of out of place.
    As for the music, look at the real guardians movie's trailers. TTG should have used music accompanied by a sizzle reel of characters for at least 70% of the trailer! If they want to emulate that do it! Don't just give us 3 seconds of 70s jams at the end on the title card....
    So, yeah. Not the best trailer they've made.

VenomHD posted: »

It's actually quite surprising because Telltale usually put their own spin on things. The fundamental issue is that it exists because of the

• I didn't have high expectations for this game (it's essentially a cash in for the second movie), but this trailer really made me uneasy. That elevator scene was way too long. Way too long. There was no need for a long discussion about the difference between Earth elevators and space elevators. They could've just cut to them on it for about two seconds onto something else. That short, unexpectedness (is that a word?) of would've been funnier. It's an already short trailer, but that bit alone took about a half of it.

• I find it funny that despite GOTG launching soon that ANF is in the premier spotlight for telltale.

• Anf is in the spotlight because it's tt biggest series and I doubt we'll get tales s2 till after BL3

Chibikid posted: »

I find it funny that despite GOTG launching soon that ANF is in the premier spotlight for telltale.

• going quality over quantity

What's so wrong with that, again?

They were not as well received either, its not just about popularity (if anything TWAU might lose that one, otherwise we would have seen a s

• edited April 2017

We all know mobile is getting it on April 20/21st

Probably the 20th because the season pass on PS store said the release date is the 17th not the 18th

• I have played almost all of the Telltale games apart from MCSM, BTTF, and those individual episode app ones and I have to say I haven't disliked any of them.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about so many people being on the fence. Happens everytime Telltale announces a new game.

• The trailer didn't really grab me and the basic premise sounds kinda generic. I might wait until all the episodes are out before I get this one.

• I'll admit Starlord's face put me off at first but looking at it now, I think it's grown on me. I think my issue was that it wasn't at all what I was expecting.

• Tales from the borderlands sounded like a really bad idea to me and it turned out to be my favorite telltale game to date, but guardians of the galaxy? Guess we'll see.

• Yeah, it's grown on me a bit too. I guess I'll like it more if I see it in motion more and not just in a 3-second clip.
    It did throw me off guard too: Every Guardian here has the same kind of "plastic, action-figure" look to them, but Star-Lord's face is so much more detailed. There is a big difference between say, his face and Drax's. And he also looks older than I imagined, and boasting a small 5 'o clock shadow, kind of....

So yeah; Unexpected, but we'll see.

I'll admit Starlord's face put me off at first but looking at it now, I think it's grown on me. I think my issue was that it wasn't at all what I was expecting.

• why is this thread dead already? we're 2 weeks from premier and no talks plus the negative energy comments... I loved the guardians movie and space is a plus. I pre ordered on PS4, don't compare TFTBL with guardians you'll be disappointed. borderlands is a whole different wacky universe that does not take itself seriously, while guardians has its humor but don't compare it to BL.

plus they did a screening couple of weeks ago, no feedback at all for episode length, overall quality or type of writing?

• My only small complaint about this so far is the graphics just look like they were updated from Disney infinity it's not that bad but wish it looked a little more realistic.

• I guess not many people here went to the screening, or not too many details have been talked about by people (to Telltale's delight, I'm sure).

Plus, the trailer didn't show all that much to talk about. It was really just a reveal of a few scenes where the Guardians are hunting down Thanos. Something that we already knew from a picture released the day before. Plus, not to much was said in the trailer to base theories on.

I'm sure when more screens come out in a few weeks or even the launch of the game itself, we will erupt this forum with words. :)

Mercyva posted: »

why is this thread dead already? we're 2 weeks from premier and no talks plus the negative energy comments... I loved the guardians movie an

• Mercyva said:
    plus they did a screening couple of weeks ago, no feedback at all for episode length, overall quality or type of writing?

They were asked to not share spoilers before the Episode's release.

Mercyva posted: »

why is this thread dead already? we're 2 weeks from premier and no talks plus the negative energy comments... I loved the guardians movie an

• I don't mind the cartonny look. If the graphics are more realistic, the more disturbing and uncanny it can be.

Creeper1846 posted: »

My only small complaint about this so far is the graphics just look like they were updated from Disney infinity it's not that bad but wish it looked a little more realistic.

• I assumed that they were just going for an old school art style. It doesn't look bad to me, I like it.

Creeper1846 posted: »

My only small complaint about this so far is the graphics just look like they were updated from Disney infinity it's not that bad but wish it looked a little more realistic.

• edited April 2017

We play as Starlord then? Those dislikes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.