GOTG Ep1 Waiting Thread - Now Available, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Thanks a lot Guardians
    enter image description here

• There's a meme and fun thread for a reason.

Fury2014 posted: »

Thanks a lot Guardians

• Thanks all! I'll consider watching the movie then...

+1. I would really recommend the movie, because it seems the game is taking a lot of inspiration from that, and it isn't too hard to find or too long. Plus it's really good.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Episode 1 has been rated by T ESRB and has a brief description which has mild spoilers so i'll add a spoiler warning below for people who want to avoid them.

SPOILER WARNING XXX XXX SPOILER WARNING XXX XXX SPOILER WARNING XXX

Rating Summary: This is an action game, based on the Guardians of the Galaxy universe, in which players assume the role of Peter Quill on a quest to retrieve a mysterious relic. Players can engage in various action sequences that require timed button presses to successfully punch, slash, or shoot enemies. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: a character shot in the chest with a laser blast; a villain breaking a character's neck; a character stabbed in the chest with a spear. During the course of the game, characters are depicted passed out and hung over after drinking alcohol at a bar. The word “sh*t” is heard in the dialogue.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

characters are depicted passed out and hung over after drinking alcohol at a bar.

Telltale's bar saga continues on.

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 1 has been rated by T ESRB and has a brief description which has mild spoilers so i'll add a spoiler warning below for people who wa

• edited April 2017

a villain breaking a character's neck

Dang. Did not expect that to happen. Though, I'm sure it's just some low-level grunt or something. Not one of our guys... right?

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that may be referring to a death animation that could happen.

Episode 1 has been rated by T ESRB and has a brief description which has mild spoilers so i'll add a spoiler warning below for people who wa

• edited April 2017

I have this feeling that Telltale really listened to us this time about hubs and the Milano is going to be a recurring one.

Here's a quote from @kennyshouladiedins1 from a TWD EP4 thread replying to someone of what "hubs" are:

a hub is a place you go back to repeatedly. The motel in season 1...repeatedly used as a base and a place of refuge. That's a hub.

And well, he's right. I do believe we will see a lot of the Milano, because it'd just be strange to walk around in it a bit for the first episode, and then never do it again for the rest of the season...

• Never underestimate Telltale's penchant for doing the opposite!

AChicken posted: »

I have this feeling that Telltale really listened to us this time about hubs and the Milano is going to be a recurring one. Here's a quot

• Ah, so you're telling me: "The message is only what you make of it."
    Deep stuff, Blind. You've really opened my eyes... yes....

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/851621972425318400

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2017

...um, yeah. It's not a glitched tweet not showing up, it's that.

You read my mind, dude! :p

Ah, so you're telling me: "The message is only what you make of it." Deep stuff, Blind. You've really opened my eyes... yes....

• So deep...I now question everything I thought I knew. Is up...down?

• I wanna glass somebody.

• edited April 2017

Don't worry, bro. I got this:

Edit: sigh.... never mind. It is ze glitch! I'm on mobile right now, so unsure if tweets show up only in desktop view

• I don't get it.

Thanks a lot Guardians

• Oh no, now I feel sorry for you :/

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't get it.

• How about instead of being condescending you just explain? Or ignore me.

Oh no, now I feel sorry for you

• Tweets are supposed to show up on both Desktop/Mobile viewing; it's an issue with particular tweets not embedding from Twitter's end, for some peculiar reason.

Don't worry, bro. I got this: https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/851621972425318400 Edit: sigh.... never mind. It is ze glitch! I'm on mobile right now, so unsure if tweets show up only in desktop view

• Hm... Strange. :/

Tweets are supposed to show up on both Desktop/Mobile viewing; it's an issue with particular tweets not embedding from Twitter's end, for some peculiar reason.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

enter image description here

We got a new stand-up in the office.... [eyes emoji]

• Buffkin casually chilling next to Guardians of the galaxy.

• edited April 2017

I'm so looking forward to this so much, huge fan of GoTGenter image description here

• Starlord's and Rocket look pretty good model wise.

hs19940 posted: »

I'm so looking forward to this so much, huge fan of GoTG

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's cool to see the new poster but it looks like the tip of Bufkin's tail has broken off D:

• Hey! Why did you replace A New Frontier stand-up already? :/ 2 more episodes to go

• Mmmmm hmmm =)

Chibikid posted: »

Starlord's and Rocket look pretty good model wise.

• I'm suprised a lot of people are judging this game already I mean seeing how batsman and borderlands turned out this looks like it will be amazing. It's just ANF that's messing up so far (in other people's opinions but I think ANF is really good) can't judge a book by its cover.

There's two ANF stand-ups in the office - one of them's on the first floor and the other one is by my desk B)

Hey! Why did you replace A New Frontier stand-up already? 2 more episodes to go

It has :(

It's cool to see the new poster but it looks like the tip of Bufkin's tail has broken off

• Cool!

• Oh, okay then XD I am taking it back :)

There's two ANF stand-ups in the office - one of them's on the first floor and the other one is by my desk

• People always do that. Diss Telltale games that then turn out to be great. They did it for The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and Batman. Ironically A New Frontier, the only recent Telltale game that everyone hyped beyond belief, turned out to be a disappointment.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I'm suprised a lot of people are judging this game already I mean seeing how batsman and borderlands turned out this looks like it will be a

• edited April 2017

I think Bufkin approves. ^_^

• So the Batcave was basically a Hub.

I have this feeling that Telltale really listened to us this time about hubs and the Milano is going to be a recurring one. Here's a quot

• One week guys... One week!

• I'm so fucking excited for this!

• Just a few more days away! :)

• If the first episode is over 2 hours long, I will be happy. If there is rewind, then I am already loving it.

• Agreed on both!

If the first episode is over 2 hours long, I will be happy. If there is rewind, then I am already loving it.

• edited April 2017

For this series, I'm betting a big premiere. I predict it might be First 20 minutes: Deal with Thanos. Next 60-90 minutes: Introduction of the Artifact, Villains, and main objective. Commence journey towards objective. Pepper in enemy encounters, pitstops for Milano repair (maybe), and random people to save, as necessary.

EDIT: Although, I'm really basing these claims on TFTB's premiere. That one was really long. Just over two hours. Only its finale came close, and was just under EP1's run time. (for me at least)

If the first episode is over 2 hours long, I will be happy. If there is rewind, then I am already loving it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.