GOTG Ep1 Waiting Thread - Now Available, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• First episode is at least over 90 minutes, but definitely under 2 hours. I remember checking the time between when the crowd play started and ended and it was like 100 minutes.

If the first episode is over 2 hours long, I will be happy. If there is rewind, then I am already loving it.

• True, BUT, I doubt Telltale actually explored every nook and cranny of the episode. I'm sure there are a few hub scenes where you can interact with characters, look at things, do stuff...

First episode is at least over 90 minutes, but definitely under 2 hours. I remember checking the time between when the crowd play started and ended and it was like 100 minutes.

• How big a role do you guys think thanos will play?

• edited April 2017

If it's even longer than 90 minutes I'll be pissed. And if they give some bullshit about how "We were listening to fan feedback!!" then it's a lie because we've been asking for longer episodes since 2014, and Season 3 got 50 minute episodes. So it would prove they completely shafted TWD and the "90 minute rule" was just a sorry excuse. If there's rewind/Next time on/ hubs I'll also be pissed because if they can put it in Guardians there is no plausible explanation for why it couldn't be in TWD as well, especially since we've been asking for it since Batman (rewind).

If anything that wasn't implemented in TWD when we asked for it but it's magically in Guardians then I'll be pissed, and so will everyone else.

If the first episode is over 2 hours long, I will be happy. If there is rewind, then I am already loving it.

• This is probably just me, but I think Thanos is going to be Carmine Falcone'd in favor of a new villain.

zeke10 posted: »

How big a role do you guys think thanos will play?

• Batman's premiere was over 90 minutes and that's still fairly recent. That's a bit absurd that just because one series had a shorter run time that other series can't without getting people upset, especially when they feature different writers and designers.

Regardless get ready to be pissed.

If it's even longer than 90 minutes I'll be pissed. And if they give some bullshit about how "We were listening to fan feedback!!" then it's

• edited April 2017

That's a bit absurd that just because one series had a shorter run time that other series can't without getting people upset

Did you read my whole comment? That's not the soul reasoning.

1. ALL FANS (walking dead included) have been begging for longer episodes, they could have done this simply by adding more hubs, which episode 3 didn't have a single one, meanwhile guardians gets horizontal and vertical ones

2. you cant tell me that you're not making longer walking dead episodes because of a "90 minutes rule" and they're "striving for a more cinematic experience," then all of a sudden go totally against that and give guardians the longer episodes.

You don't say one thing and then do something else. Unless you're Telltale, which they do all the fucking time and then get confused when fans are pissed.

Regardless get ready to be pissed.

Then I suggest you get ready to be wrong when you object the numerous angry fans.

Batman's premiere was over 90 minutes and that's still fairly recent. That's a bit absurd that just because one series had a shorter run tim

• Wait... so they do what people actually want and that'll piss you off?

If it's even longer than 90 minutes I'll be pissed. And if they give some bullshit about how "We were listening to fan feedback!!" then it's

• Oh my god, it's like people don't read.

If they can "listen to fan feedback" now, then why didn't they listen before for TWD? They were making both games at the same time. There's no way they didnt know about these issues before and suddenly fixed them in Guardians, these issues were present well before both games were in development. If they're suddenly fixed in Guardians and not in TWD then it means they totally shafted TWD for Guardians. It's common sense.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Wait... so they do what people actually want and that'll piss you off?

• Well you guys have fun being pissed with that I guess. Sounds like a Lose/lose situation that can't be fixed in your eyes, unless Guardians doesn't feature any new content or expanded ideas that were scrapped or not implemented well in New frontier, which it probably won't for the first episode at least. Sounds like after New frontier you should just jump ship with telltale in favor of a company you actually like because improvements are likely, but that's not my call of course.

That's a bit absurd that just because one series had a shorter run time that other series can't without getting people upset Did you

• Ignorance is bliss, I guess. For you at least. But no thanks, I don't want to live that way.

Well you guys have fun being pissed with that I guess. Sounds like a Lose/lose situation that can't be fixed in your eyes, unless Guardians

• I don't think that would do Thanos any justice considering how hyped he is in the movies. I want to know exactly why he is regarded as among the most dangerous villain of Marvel.

This is probably just me, but I think Thanos is going to be Carmine Falcone'd in favor of a new villain.

• So telltale fucked up in your eyes and are unredeemable, and there's nothing they can do to make you feel any different with Guardians because walking dead (made with completely different writers) had issues?

The concept of no company being perfect doesn't sit with you? If so bummer.

Oh my god, it's like people don't read. If they can "listen to fan feedback" now, then why didn't they listen before for TWD? They were

• That's what Volume 2 is probably for, sounds like Telltale wants to do their own thing and not rely on big names the whole series.

I don't think that would do Thanos any justice considering how hyped he is in the movies. I want to know exactly why he is regarded as among the most dangerous villain of Marvel.

• Do you mean die or just defeated?

This is probably just me, but I think Thanos is going to be Carmine Falcone'd in favor of a new villain.

• It's not common sense. It's throwing tantrums and determined to be bitter about everything Telltale does.

Oh my god, it's like people don't read. If they can "listen to fan feedback" now, then why didn't they listen before for TWD? They were

• edited April 2017

So basically you're going to be pissed if it gets better and you're going to be pissed if it doesn't get better.

Great logic some people just can't be pleased.

All because your beloved the walking dead series isn't up to scratch you want it all to go bad and fail...how stupid.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited April 2017

This is sightly off topic but just a small heads up for anyone from the UK, the Guardians of the Galaxy movie will be on BBC One next Monday (April 17th) at 8:30 PM so if anyone doesn't have the DVD and wants to watch it again or wants to watch it for the first time (like myself :p) than this will be a good time to watch.

• Well, if Guardians does in fact turn out to be better than ANF, good for it.
    It just proves that Telltale messed up during development of ANF, or it got rushed (most likely explanation) and there isn't much to do about it now.
    For Guardians, it seems they are putting lots of time and effort into, and TWD: ANF was possibly pushed out too early.

• No, I don't want Guardians to do worse. I would rather it do better, but I'll still be pissed nonetheless. If they can implement the improvements for guardians why couldn't they for walking dead? Answer that question for me, instead of blindly defending guardians.

Benjamin666 posted: »

So basically you're going to be pissed if it gets better and you're going to be pissed if it doesn't get better. Great logic some people

• THANK YOU, someone who finally understands. I never said I wanted guardians to do bad, I only said it would prove TWD was shafted.

AChicken posted: »

Well, if Guardians does in fact turn out to be better than ANF, good for it. It just proves that Telltale messed up during development of

• When they were working on one game, s1, the company was perfect. That sit with me.

If they fixed twd along with guardians all issues would be fixed but that didnt happen.

So telltale fucked up in your eyes and are unredeemable, and there's nothing they can do to make you feel any different with Guardians becau

• Common sense ≠ temper tantrums. I don't know what world you live in where basic modus ponens and modus tollens doesn't exist, but I'd like to live there.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's not common sense. It's throwing tantrums and determined to be bitter about everything Telltale does.

• So episode 1 will be free or we must purchase it ? ( Mobile version )

• I think you'll have to wait a while before the First episode becomes free.

So episode 1 will be free or we must purchase it ? ( Mobile version )

• edited April 2017

I'm not blindly defending Guardians I didn't say it's amazing or it's going to be good. I'll reserve judgement on that until the game is actually out.

I'm saying it's pointless to be annoyed at improvements on one game because you don't like how a different game was done.

Your beef is with TWD: ANF and their writers not with Guardians as I believe I read someone else say earlier that they have different writers.

No, I don't want Guardians to do worse. I would rather it do better, but I'll still be pissed nonetheless. If they can implement the impr

• Nope. Ya gotta pay. The first episode of a series usually becomes free by the time EP5 comes out.

• [removed]

• More like pushed to the side immediately after episode 1.

Do you mean die or just defeated?

• When they were working on one game, s1, the company was perfect. That sit with me. If they fixed twd along with guardians all issues would be fixed but that didnt happen.

• While the release is still new, you typically buy the first episode. Sometimes, a longer while after the series has ended, Telltale will then make the first episode a free download.

• edited April 2017

I'm not really a huge fan of Guardians but I've watched the movies and read up on it. I wonder if there will be some kind of "currency" in this game, kind of like in Tales. They did that really well in that game. I also predict Yondu will be in it. I haven't seen other people talking about him. He's one of my favorites and even though he's considered a villain, many times I haven't seen him that way. He's one of those lovable villains.

enter image description here enter image description here

(I prefer his comic design, but thats just me)

• [removed]

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/50109/we-are-going-to-be-prettttty-busy

• [removed]

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/50109/we-are-going-to-be-prettttty-busy

• Well, judging by the description, the battle with Thanos is probably there just to set up the discovery of an artifact. I think the main antagonist shows up while everyone is busy fighting and steals the artifact, resulting in Thanos' early departure. Anyway, I don't think he'll have a big role after episode 1.

How big a role do you guys think thanos will play?

• They don't care about TWD anymore. Didn't ANF show you that?

Fury2014 posted: »

Hey! Why did you replace A New Frontier stand-up already? 2 more episodes to go

• edited April 2017

Damn I didn't know this. I'll watch the movie but I won't get the game after the disaster "ANF".

OzzyUK posted: »

This is sightly off topic but just a small heads up for anyone from the UK, the Guardians of the Galaxy movie will be on BBC One next Monday

• If you're angered by Guardians succeeding where A New Frontier failed I actually hope you're pissed when it releases. I hope you're fuming, like you're so pissed you can't even function for a full day.
    I hope you're just sitting there like
    enter image description here

• I don't know, maybe the movie will change your mind (it really is a good one).

Damn I didn't know this. I'll watch the movie but I won't get the game after the disaster "ANF".

• Thanos:"Okay, bye. My job is done. I'll go back and sit on my fancy flying chair."

Pipas posted: »

Well, judging by the description, the battle with Thanos is probably there just to set up the discovery of an artifact. I think the main ant

Sign in to comment in this discussion.