Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• Another step to becoming a loyal spy of Team Targ.

Whoa man!I understand that you really like the Targaryen and I agree that what Jenna do can help them but I don't see any reason now for her to become a loyal spy for a kingdom that she barely knows

Bounden posted: »

[Support Saerya] Saerya is the master spy here. Plus, there is no reason why the castle guard would snitch on Leonard. He is a knight of Ray

• I think that's just his end goal. First he'll continue to alter her personality and behavior through development and then by the time he reaches that point he wants the character will become so completely different that being a mindless servant of the Targaryen's will be the ONLY choice she sees.

........Did that sound really creepy or was that just me?

Another step to becoming a loyal spy of Team Targ. Whoa man!I understand that you really like the Targaryen and I agree that what Je

• [Support Leonard]

Jenna Jenna closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. “Okay...”, she mumbled. “Okay, I can do this” She couldn't, she knew it, but she h

• [Support Saerya]

• [Support Saerya] This isn't about which plan is the better one, but Jenna does need to gain the favour of Saerya. She will be play an important role and it would be nice to have her close to Jenna.

Jenna Jenna closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. “Okay...”, she mumbled. “Okay, I can do this” She couldn't, she knew it, but she h

• [Support Saerya] Idk, I just feel like Saerya is the one with more experience on this sort of things. That said, I'm really fine with either option here, both have their risks. Anyway, great part, Jenna just keeps growing as a character :)

• [Support Saerya]

• What exactly has the Reach done for Jenna? Send her brothers off to a war where they may never return? Fail to capture the serial killer who tried to kill her and her father?Make her witness more death than a girl her age should ever see? And who has been the single good influence on her life so far, save for the last words of Ilhan? Yeah, Saerya is the one that has made her more comfortable with herself. Gave her a sense of courage that she never had. Helped her survive the Ironborn raid. With everything Team Targ has given her, is it really a bad thing if she helps them in their endeavors? Out of every other faction who is trying to conquer Westeros, Team Targ seems like one of the better choices.

Lord_EAA posted: »

I think that's just his end goal. First he'll continue to alter her personality and behavior through development and then by the time he rea

• Saerya says she has a "friend" that could help her out. Damn! She has a lot of friends in the guards, not only Frankenstein, but even more peeps.

Nah, let me explain it. The friend she mentioned is indeed Fabergé, who did introduce her to some members of the castle guard during their brief relationship. As a result, she knows the guardsmen well enough to assume that she will be able to win them for her scheme.

Saerya did see Frankfurt's corpse, right? I have a vague memory of her talking about him.

She did indeed, in Jenna's first part to be precise. At least from Jenna's perspective, she also seemed genuinely affected by it.

Really cool part, some great development on Jenna there.

Glad to hear it! I must say, I have grown to love the fact that I am able to develop Jenna that much recently and it is nice to see her change so well-received :)

Also, there could be a chance for a reunion between Kersea and Leonard.

Quite possible indeed. Richard most likely brought Kersea to his farmhouse, meaning it is not quite as empty as Jenna thought it would be. It remains to be seen how Richard will react to yet another guest that is highly sought after by Mullendore. That said, both have to hide and the farmhouse is, for now, one of the better options.

captainivy1 posted: »

[Support Leonard] Saerya says she has a "friend" that could help her out. Damn! She has a lot of friends in the guards, not only Frankenstei

• Well,Jenna succeed to "charm" Hugo!Good job!

Well, it has been less charming and more having a lot of luck that she met one of the more decent men under Vyrwel's command. Jenna certainly managed to be convincing, but only because she appeared to him as the scared little girl she arguably was in this part.

I understand Hugo that you are a good knight protector of commoners but you really have to go around gifting knives to random people?XD

Well, Jenna really appealed to his protective instincts with her partial act, so as a result, he decided that he has to do something to ensure her safety even when his duty commands him to search for Leonard instead. He was also absolutely convinced that there is really an Alley Cat preying on her, because frankly, that wouldn't be too out-of-character for them.

Jenna make us remember how good was the life of the servants when Lady Halla was around

Ah, the wonderful days of Lady Halla's gentle reign. It says quite a lot about how bad things are now that Jenna is actually almost missing her and the easy problems she had back then. Also, I would love to write the current Jenna in an interaction with Lady Halla, because she is certainly no longer a weak-willed pushover.

Now that I think about deceaded people,just now I notice that Jenna never even mentioned Harris death!It seems really weird to me since he was the man that make Jenna start her new career.

She is actually not even all that aware that Harris died. The situation is chaotic and keep in mind, it has only been hours after the raid. Deep down, she probably knows that his absence at the castle doesn't mean good for him, but it is not something she has consciously thought of, mostly because of the things that keep her busy right now. She will react to Harris' death in time though.

It's just me or I believe that hideLeonard in Richard farm is not a bright idea?How will Jenna explain to her father that she bring in his house a fugitive knight?

Well, it is a temporary hideout at least. It's a great improvement from the castle, or anywhere in the city, because Mullendore's men will be far too busy to check out the farms anytime soon. Jenna also hopes that her father is going to see things similarly to her, that what happened to Leonard is a huge injustice and that they must help him out of a moral obligation. The thing is, Richard is actually the one who gave Jenna this desire to help, she has just been too cowardly to act on it in the past. In her opinion, he would react similarly if he would be in her situation.

Speaking of the farm,I won't be surprised if there is another person hiding in that place (and I'm not talking of Alan)

You... how did you... Dimitri's presence at the farm was supposed to be a secret! In all seriousness though, yes, the farm is holding another guest right now. Last time they met, Leonard and Kersea got along quite well, but back then, he had no idea about her former allegiance to Clayton and therefore Mullendore. Now with Richard around, it is questionable she can keep this a secret.

PS:btw Happy Easter to you Liquid and to all the others readers of this story!

Thank you :) Happy Easter to all of you!

[Support Leonard] More risk more fun RT: * Well,Jenna succeed to "charm" Hugo!Good job! * I understand Hugo that you are a good kn

• Good on Jenna for acing her charm roll. Leveled up her charisma level right there.

It's safe to say that charisma is far from her dump stat by now ;) She still has miles to go, but this part marked an important change for her, as she deliberately and successfully tricked someone. She's no Saerya yet, but perhaps there is indeed talent in her.

Another step to becoming a loyal spy of Team Targ.

Hehe, I can naturally not confirm if she is ever going to go that far, considering that keeping her home safe is her primary motivation. She also doesn't know anything about the Targaryen's for now. Of course, she knows Saerya, but she doesn't even fully trust her, which is probably a wise thing to do.

[Support Saerya] Saerya is the master spy here. Plus, there is no reason why the castle guard would snitch on Leonard. He is a knight of Ray

• [Support Saerya]

• [Support Leonard]

Great part for Jenna and another huge step for her character development!

Also there's something I wanted to ask. Will Lucas' choice regarding bending the knee and pledging loyalty to House Durrandon be in the "What if's" section of this chapter or would there have been another character to rescue him?

• Okay, got it! Poor Falcon (name's are starting to thin out now...), he did some good stuff at least, since he was a nice guy.

Also, about the reunion.. Have Leonard and Richard interacted before in the story? Or in general?

Saerya says she has a "friend" that could help her out. Damn! She has a lot of friends in the guards, not only Frankenstein, but even more p

• [Support Saerya] I love this woman, I can't side against her! XD
    Plus Saerya knows her shit, I've no doubt that she will prevail.

I'm so proud of Jenna! She kind of winged the whole thing but she did well!

Gosh I love Saerya so much. I smile everytime she speaks.

• [Support Leonard]

• edited April 2017

And what makes you think that this will be the best for her, besides your obvious love for Team Targ? Yes, Saerya seems to care but who really is she in this whole scheme? Does she really have the ability to keep her safe at all times? What's to say that Jenna won't die trying to help Team Targ? The other factions, mainly the Hoare's under Mullendore at the moment, pose a huge danger for her and could definitely find and kill this problematic service girl. But let me guess 'It would be a noble sacrifice for the greater good of Westeros'. You're not thinking what's best for her but rather what's best for your faction.

What exactly has the Reach done for Jenna? Send her brothers off to a war where they may never return? Fail to capture the serial killer who

• edited April 2017

Ok Liquid here we go. First of Happy Easter to you and all the readers. God Bless you all. Now Question time!!

Who do you think is the character who has become the most different (Personality, behavior, etc) since their original introduction?

Do you think any of the current characters would unite with a faction if they were aware of it?

You mentioned several times that Saerya and Sherryl where basically polar opposites? That being said do you think they could ever work on the same side? And how much are the two characters willing to give from themselves for their causes? To reach their goals would Saerya ever become like Sherryl or Sherryl like Saerya? (I'm talking honest deep-seeded personality change, it doesn't count if they are faking it).

What do you think Argella has learned from her experiences going in and out of Raylandsfair? How has this affected her views and how she is?

What death hurt you the most to write last chapter?

How many casualties do you think were the total of the raid? Where there more ironborn or Raylandsfarian casualties?

Who do you think lost the most in the raid?

Going back to romances can we expect anymore love this book?

How would you best describe Book 1's ending? Without spoilers of course.

• [Support Leonard]

• Ok Liquid here we go. First of Happy Easter to you and all the readers. God Bless you all. Now Question time!!

Ah, questions. I like that, I like that a lot :) Also, Happy Easter to you, my friends!

Who do you think is the character who has become the most different (Personality, behavior, etc) since their original introduction?

Hm... I'd say Jenna underwent a serious change, probably the most severe. She started as someone without any confidence whatsoever and while she still has miles to go, she is unarguably a lot stronger now. Lucas also underwent a heavy change, but he actually developed a bit back, closer to his roots once more. I'd also say that Alysanne also became drastically different from her original self, but she did not quite manage to complete this change before her death. So, Jenna it is, with Alysanne as a runner-up and maybe Lucas thrown into the lot as well.

Do you think any of the current characters would unite with a faction if they were aware of it?

Well, I believe a lot of the opportunistic characters would ally with the Targaryen's if they would be aware of the power they wield. Mullendore would be surely among them, if he wouldn't have done his best to burn that bridge in Drent's latest part.

You mentioned several times that Saerya and Sherryl where basically polar opposites? That being said do you think they could ever work on the same side? And how much are the two characters willing to give from themselves for their causes? To reach their goals would Saerya ever become like Sherryl or Sherryl like Saerya? (I'm talking honest deep-seeded personality change, it doesn't count if they are faking it).

Saerya and Sherryl are not complete opposites, but they are counterparts, who are meant to highlight each others differences through their similarities. And they have similarities. The main difference is that the end does not always justify the means for Saerya. Sherryl meanwhile has a goal and is ruthlessly efficient at pursuing it, which makes her far more likely to do stuff like sabotaging the gates of the castle. Both would however be absolutely willing to do whatever it takes if the goal is worth it. If, for example, the victory of House Targaryen would be at stake, Saerya wouldn't hesitate to do literally everything to support her faction. If this includes becoming like Sherryl, well, then it has to be. Sherryl meanwhile will never be like Saerya, but if she feels that acting like her will give her an advantage, she will do it.

What do you think Argella has learned from her experiences going in and out of Raylandsfair? How has this affected her views and how she is?

I believe she has learned a serious lot, especially recently. Argella is, by nature, a stubborn person who absolutely hates relying on the help of others, as she was basically raised with the goal of doing as much as possible completely on her own, to defy any prejudice she might have to face. She certainly opened up a bit there and learned to rely on others and to trust them to do their job in a way that won't cause problems for her. Jax Montclair's death also shook her deeply and gave her a new and different appreciation for those under her command. In general, she learned about responsibilities and what royal duties actually mean, by witnessing the loyalty Drent, Jax and others have proven to her. This journey was a very important one for her development.

What death hurt you the most to write last chapter?

Ah... this is hands down the hardest question this time. Almost all of them hurt, due to me spending up to two years with them and their journey. I think the ones that hurt the most were two, Harris and Alysanne, which made that part the one I got the most emotional while writing. Harris and Alysanne have both been deeply complex characters and valuable additions to the story, due to how heavily different opinions they brought up. There were some who hated Alysanne's guts and they had good reason, there were some who loved her and they had good reason and the same applied to Harris. I loved both and killing them off has been the hardest thing I have ever written about. I think it was this moment that also made me realize just how impossible it would have been for me to kill off Kersea just a part later.

How many casualties do you think were the total of the raid? Where there more ironborn or Raylandsfarian casualties?

The citizens of Raylansfair have lost far more than the Ironborn. I'd say the total casualties are about eight hundred to one thousand, with about 250 of these being Ironborn. Basically, the smallfolk stood not even the tiniest bit of a chance against them, with the only one able to hold their own being the Stormlanders. Every Ironborn took at least two people from Raylansfair with him.

Who do you think lost the most in the raid?

The story. The story lost the most, as so many wonderful characters died :'( In all seriousness, does Sadie count? I know, she's not part of the Raid on Raylansfair, but I doubt anyone lost as much as her in the last chapter. Her best friend, her sword hand, her sense of self worth, her physical ability, this is the closest thing someone can come to die without actually dying. Other than her and the dead ones, I think Rosalie is a close contender. Her wounds might not be as permanent as Sadie's, but she lost her mother and got so brutally traumatized that Mathea, one of the kindest and nicest characters in the story, had no other choice but to basically put her into a temporary coma via Milk of the Poppy until she is able to figure out how to help her. Rosalie got it the worst out of the Raylansfair cast, though in my opinion still marginally less bad than Sadie.

Going back to romances can we expect anymore love this book?

M-M-M-Mood Swing :D It actually kind of depends. If you expect a fullblown love confession scene such as the one between Jaron and Harpy, or sweet couple stuff such as the latest scene between them, you will be disappointed, mostly. There will be some hints, some teasing here and there, but I'm keeping a number of these things for Book 2.

How would you best describe Book 1's ending? Without spoilers of course.

"Holy fuck, I cannot believe I'm actually going to do this..." Those are probably my thoughts when writing the chapter finale. Other than that... Book 1 will end with a shadow, with blood, with swordplay, respect, shock, loyalty, harsh endings and new beginnings. The best is yet to come, in more than one way.

Ok Liquid here we go. First of Happy Easter to you and all the readers. God Bless you all. Now Question time!! Who do you think is the ch

• Okay, got it! Poor Falcon (name's are starting to thin out now...), he did some good stuff at least, since he was a nice guy.

Yeah, it starts getting hard to find new names for good old Furuncle Snow, though I think I'll continue to find some for a while =)

Also, about the reunion.. Have Leonard and Richard interacted before in the story? Or in general?

As a matter of fact, yes. They have met before the story started, Leonard mentioned it in the last chapter, when Jenna warned him of Sherryl. He knows Richard as a good and moral man, which he mentioned towards Jenna and which was the main reason he trusted her back then. However, they don't have any deeper friendship or stuff like that.

captainivy1 posted: »

Okay, got it! Poor Falcon (name's are starting to thin out now...), he did some good stuff at least, since he was a nice guy. Also, about the reunion.. Have Leonard and Richard interacted before in the story? Or in general?

• Yes, this is certainly going to be a part for the "What if's" of this chapter! It was a huge choice and one that will change Lucas' storyline in this chapter dramatically, especially the second half of it. Alternatively, he could have sworn loyalty to Hobert, leading to the same, but with Hobert instead of Argella and in theory, Harris could have lived and still been enough of a person of power in the city to try and save him, but that would have only been possible under very specific circumstances, which you prevented from happening very early into Chapter 7.

StarKing789 posted: »

[Support Leonard] Great part for Jenna and another huge step for her character development! Also there's something I wanted to ask. Wi

• I'm so proud of Jenna! She kind of winged the whole thing but she did well!

Yeah, that is true :D Half of the time, she had no idea what she was actually doing there, but it was a very important step for her to carry through with this regardless and the unexpected success she had here is going to further shape her as a character.

Gosh I love Saerya so much. I smile everytime she speaks.

Ah, this is so great to hear! I still feel more than just a bit guilty about Alysanne's death, so I am happy you found a new favourite character. I assume she is your favourite character at least. Expect more of Saerya soon :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

[Support Saerya] I love this woman, I can't side against her! XD Plus Saerya knows her shit, I've no doubt that she will prevail. I'm so

• edited April 2017

Yeah Jenna really has changed and I'm pretty sure she might change more depending on choices. Who knows she might become overconfident and highly skilled when this all ends. Though I would argue that Alysanne went through a bigger change. I mean she is dead now............I'm very sorry.

Hmm so Team Targ just has to reveal itself as openly as possible without alerting Harren, the Anturions or anyone who wants to remain independent? That seems like it would be very, very hard.

So Searya is willing to basically throw out all her self worth, values and overall personality for victory? Those Targaryens really do know how to pick them. And even after everything she's done I can at least respect the fact that Sheryll isn't willing to truly become something she loathes for power, even though if she did everyone would probably be better of.

You know I'm really interested to see how these changes affect her relationship with her loved ones back home. I mean she will probably view them the same as she always has but her new outlook might change how she begins to act and what she's willing to accept in court.

I think we all feel that way. Its sad to see those guys go, but they will always be there for us to re-read and enjoy again. And also we still have like 4-5 more years filled with new characters to love, hate and feel conflicted about. So overall I'm sad their gone but I'm sure others will fill that place in your chapters soon enough. In fact I'm convinced that some already do.

So basically we just saw a massive massacre take place. Jeez, by those numbers Raylandsfair might become a ghost town soon.

Yeah the sto.....I mean the Sadie......I mean Sadie lost the most. I'm pretty sure a life of pain is worst than death.

Ohh, I have to remember to keep an eye out for that.

Mine are "Wow we actually got here. I'm really proud of you Liquid :)". I'll treat that as a prophecy. 'The best is yet to come, in more than one way' The excitement Is real!!!

Ok Liquid here we go. First of Happy Easter to you and all the readers. God Bless you all. Now Question time!! Ah, questions. I like

• Saerya may not have the ability to protect Jenna at all times, but she is the only one going out of her way to help Jenna grow into a dependent woman who can rely on herself in difficult situations. Look at how she handle the raid, where she was Carma's rock and kept her from falling apart. Also, who's to say that Jenna won't die by having no true allies? There is always a risk of dying no matter who you are supporting. Look at how she was literally no one back in the begining of the story and was still targeted by Wolfius to be killed. There is never any certainty of safety. Working with Team Targ will give her strong allies who will help protect her. And Targaryen allies are much more trustworthy than the likes of the Anturions or Hoares. There are worse options than Team Targ. Siding with Team Targ offers her more protection than having to fend for herself in a city where people will gladly place their own goals above the needs of the smallfolk, like Jenna.

And what makes you think that this will be the best for her, besides your obvious love for Team Targ? Yes, Saerya seems to care but who real

• It's safe to say that charisma is far from her dump stat by now ;) She still has miles to go, but this part marked an important change for her, as she deliberately and successfully tricked someone. She's no Saerya yet, but perhaps there is indeed talent in her.

Eventually we'll get to see her do something brave without breaking out into tears first. Her development is definitely been great so far, and it only seems to be getting better.

Hehe, I can naturally not confirm if she is ever going to go that far, considering that keeping her home safe is her primary motivation. She also doesn't know anything about the Targaryen's for now. Of course, she knows Saerya, but she doesn't even fully trust her, which is probably a wise thing to do.

In time though, when the safety of the Reach, and her home by default, are in danger, I don't doubt Jenna wouldn't see how Team Targ is a better solution to a Ironborn ruler like Hoare. Plus, Saerya is pretty convincing. As she said, one letter to her boss and she can get you a spot in Team Targ.

Good on Jenna for acing her charm roll. Leveled up her charisma level right there. It's safe to say that charisma is far from her du

• edited April 2017

I feel like having her question Saerya makes her even stronger. In a way Saerya is slowly manipulating her and making her more dependent on her. I have no doubt the thought to manipulate her lack of confidence to make her a loyal servant to the cause has crossed her mind several times. Which again would help Team Targ a lot by having two completely loyal manipulative spies, but it would make Jenna's situation even worse since now she now depends on Saerya to think for her and tell her when and how to act. And before you say that I'm paranoid and she's just being kind to her just remember that she has proven time and time again that she is willing to manipulate peoples emotions for the cause.

'But Lord' you say confidently. 'She has yet to sink to Sheryll's level of blatantly hurting people and manipulating their emotions for her benefit when it will end up harming them. In fact she said she actively hates Shery'll for doing that '. Well she could easily be justifying herself by thinking that she's making her a stronger person and keeping her safe by getting her to join the Targs. So she herself sees no malevolence in her action, which means she still keeps to her morals.

I would also argue that sticking to the major factions is way more dangerous that staying neutral. How are the Targs going to keep her safe from threats they are completely unaware about? Also you are using the example of old Jenna. The new more self confident and capable Jenna would have a completely different situation with Woulfius.

Saerya may not have the ability to protect Jenna at all times, but she is the only one going out of her way to help Jenna grow into a depend

• Furuncle Snow

The best name so far, my god. Furuncle Snow. What a guy.

Okay, got it! Poor Falcon (name's are starting to thin out now...), he did some good stuff at least, since he was a nice guy. Yeah,

• [Support Leonard]

I will support Leonard's plan just because it's Leonard's plan, and well, it makes sense. As much as I don't want his beauty to be tarnished by hideous corpses. Also, good to see jerk Leonard back, I missed yah baby. Also Jenna, that lying liar, good thing fooling the idiotic Ser Hugo Farnham.

Hugo was the first to see, her while Leonard glanced over his shoulder. He recognized her and a frown formed on his face.

His annoying Jenna meter went off the charts.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2017

Uh, double post, so here's a thought:

If Lenny manages to escape yet again to the farm and meets the iffy Kerocean (see what I did there? :)) with Richie chilling, ol Wolfy Woody is going to pay a visit and it ain't going to be pretty. Maybe Artie and Rylie are going to show up and it's going to be a real party.

• I think you are kinda over villanizing Saerya. Saerya is merely offering to help Jenna out. It was Jenna that convinced Saerya to save Leonard. So she is still free thinking and definitely not being manipulated by Saerya, at least in the way that you are framing it. And when Saerya may have to use manipulation on occasion, but as shown by Floral Snow, she does actually care for the people she uses. She also doesn't harm the people she uses as bad as Sheryll, who wrapped Harris around her finger then exposed him before everyone in the courtyard.

If we are speaking in hypotheticals, we could say that Saerya is a really great person who loves to adopt puppies, pick flowers, and all sorts of other things. We have had no evidence to say that she is reasoning with herself that by "conning" Jenna to join Team Targ is for her own good. We don't have enough proof to say how exactly Saerya thinks, but from what we have seen so far, she isn't a person to do things out of malice.

As for the factions, I still say that it is far better to side with a faction. The only threat towards Jenna right now is Mullendore and Petyr, which Team Targ is quite aware of. Saerya and Orys are already opposing Mullendore. If Jenna were to side with them, then she would have protection from Mullendore because he would be wary to get on Orys badside. And the example of old Jenna wasn't to show how Jenna would react to a situation, but to show that a situation will occur no matter if she is neutral or aligned with a faction. No matter what, she is going to have to deal with the new powerhouses in Raylainsfair, and if she had the support from Team Targ, then she'll be much more suited to protecting the interests of the people and her family.

All this is merely my opinion though. You do bring up a different perspective to the situation that is quite interesting to witness. The stark contrast between our two views has made for some vigorous conversation to say the least. The vote is at at tie at the moment, so it seems to be that the other voters are equally divided as to whether or not Saerya is a trustworthy ally or not. It will be interesting to see how the vote ends up in the end.

I feel like having her question Saerya makes her even stronger. In a way Saerya is slowly manipulating her and making her more dependent on

• edited April 2017

As I said before she is justifying herself and doesn't think manipulating her into loyalty for the Targs is wrong. Again you mention how Saerya doesn't use people if she can end up hurting them and is not like Sheryll. I know she's not, she's much better but she still feels like manipulating people to join her cause is ok.

You can even say that everything she has done so far has been to mold her this way. In fact let me give you what I find is a perfect example. In the previous Jenna part she suggested that Jenna test her womanly charms at distraction because she looked attractive. In this part Leonard suggests the same thing, but Saerya is against it. At first this might seem like a contradictory action or perhaps a higher value on these soldiers by her. She knows that Jenna can get it right but now she claims she will get shy and faint. I think this is the best example of her manipulation, she knows Jenna can do it if she's confident but now wants to use her insecurities to control her. So by siding with Saerya, in my opinion, Jenna is letting her control her actions by manipulation and making the first step towards letting Saerya mold her into her perfect spy.

Ok this is a good point but I still feel like she's safer on the sidelines. She's getting into power games of people that would have never noticed her in her life. Even if Orys can swear to protect her in time i'm sure that Mullendore is on too much of a power high to backdown to anyone.

I agree with you here too. As Liquid said the 3 current factions are the start and soon other powerhouse factions will join the great struggle. Which I why I feel Jenna will be safer and happier being that neutral and charming servant girl that is pleasant to be around instead of the loyal to the end manipulative spy that lives with danger and intrigue. Even though she would enjoy the excitement of this life it would be an incredibly shorter one with a more gruesome ending.

I agree we seem to have two completely different view on this and its great. This argument in my mind as been fantastic and really made us appreciate the complex views on the characters, what the outcome of these choices is, how it affects them and whether or not that's a good thing. Thank you so much for arguing with me :). And yes it seems we are not the only ones, this has been one of the closest votes. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Who knows maybe someone will look at our arguments and make their choice or even switch votes based on who they agree with. Anyway thank you for this, it was a really good debate.

I think you are kinda over villanizing Saerya. Saerya is merely offering to help Jenna out. It was Jenna that convinced Saerya to save Leona

• edited April 2017

Remember at the beginning of the story when everyone hated Jenna? :D She is now really becoming one of my favorites.

[Support Leonard] Thanks Lord ;)

• Any chance you would be willing to reconsider your vote?

Partition posted: »

Remember at the beginning of the story when everyone hated Jenna? She is now really becoming one of my favorites. [Support Leonard] Thanks Lord

• Uh.... I guess, I don't know. I just realized that I just made the deciding vote once more. I'll think about it...

How come?

Any chance you would be willing to reconsider your vote?

• edited April 2017

I feel like I could convince you that this vote is harmful to Jenna and will lead to Saerya manipulating her insecurities to control her. Please give me a chance to try.

Uh.... I guess, I don't know. I just realized that I just made the deciding vote once more. I'll think about it... How come?

• edited April 2017

Go ahead, I don't mind.

I feel like I could convince you that this vote is harmful to Jenna and will lead to Saerya manipulating her insecurities to control her. Please give me a chance to try.

• edited April 2017

Ok so me and Bounden were discussing this a few comments above (You can see the full debate I you want). We were mainly arguing long term consequences and how the choice will affect Jenna as a character in the future. He was for and I was against agreeing with Saerya. We kept debating whether it was good for Jenna to ally with the Targaryens or not but the bigger issue for me since the start was that in my opinion Jenna was getting manipulated by Saerya into becoming controled by her. Now this might sound like I'm being paranoid and I might be but listen to my argument before you judge. Here is my full argument taken straight from the debate, sorry if its long:

I feel like having her question Saerya makes her even stronger. In a way Saerya is slowly manipulating her and making her more dependent on her. I have no doubt the thought to manipulate her lack of confidence to make her a loyal servant to the cause has crossed her mind several times. Which again would help Team Targ a lot by having two completely loyal manipulative spies, but it would make Jenna's situation even worse since now she now depends on Saerya to think for her and tell her when and how to act. And before you say that I'm paranoid and she's just being kind to her just remember that she has proven time and time again that she is willing to manipulate peoples emotions for the cause.

'But Lord' you say confidently. 'She has yet to sink to Sheryll's level of blatantly hurting people and manipulating their emotions for her benefit when it will end up harming them. In fact she said she actively hates Shery'll for doing that '. Well she could easily be justifying herself by thinking that she's making her a stronger person and keeping her safe by getting her to join the Targs. So she herself sees no malevolence in her action, which means she still keeps to her morals.

As I said before she is justifying herself and doesn't think manipulating her into loyalty for the Targs is wrong. Again you mention how Saerya doesn't use people if she can end up hurting them and is not like Sheryll. I know she's not, she's much better but she still feels like manipulating people to join her cause is ok.

You can even say that everything she has done so far has been to mold her this way. In fact let me give you what I find is a perfect example. In the previous Jenna part she suggested that Jenna test her womanly charms at distraction because she looked attractive. In this part Leonard suggests the same thing, but Saerya is against it. At first this might seem like a contradictory action or perhaps a higher value on these soldiers by her. She knows that Jenna can get it right but now she claims she will get shy and faint. I think this is the best example of her manipulation, she knows Jenna can do it if she's confident but now wants to use her insecurities to control her. So by siding with Saerya, in my opinion, Jenna is letting her control her actions by manipulation and making the first step towards letting Saerya mold her into her perfect spy.

Ok there is my full argument. What do you think?

Go ahead, I don't mind.

• Well damn, you do bring up a lot of good points. I'll also feel bad if I didn't change my vote at this point considering how much you just typed to me in order to change my opinion. I must say, regardless of that, I think I'll change it. I still think Leonard's plan has a good chance of being successful and as I stated before, I'm starting to like Jenna a lot and if you are correct, this may even shape her into even higher on my favorites list. I'm still somewhat neutral on who should be on Team Targ, etc. So I'll reward you with a successful argument :D

Ok so me and Bounden were discussing this a few comments above (You can see the full debate I you want). We were mainly arguing long term co

Sign in to comment in this discussion.