GOTG Episode 2 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus, Releasing June 6th, New Key Art, Trailer Out Now

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited June 2017 in Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Release Dates

• PC - June 6th
  • Mac- Coming Soon
  • Xbox One - June 6th
  • PS4 - June 6th
  • iOS - June 6th
  • Android - Coming Soon

News

May 26th

May 24th

May 18th

• Rated by AUS

April 21st

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Can I discuss spoilers for episode one here?

• edited April 2017

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

Says so in the thread.

Acheive250 posted: »

Can I discuss spoilers for episode one here?

• Okay, I wanna know...

-- Am I the only one who expected Thanos to be some 20 minute mini-boss? A lot of people here didn't like how Thanos was up and gone so quick, but I expected that since he was first announced... I didn't expect his death, but I knew he wouldn't stay for the whole episode.

• Oh shoot. I really need to read the details. Thanks.

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay. Says so in the thread.

• edited April 2017

Yeah, through the whole episode I expected him to wake up or something. I don't like how he was killed so quick either.

I bet someone (Maybe Nebula?) is going to use the Forever Forge to resurrect him.

AChicken posted: »

Okay, I wanna know... -- Am I the only one who expected Thanos to be some 20 minute mini-boss? A lot of people here didn't like how Thano

• So... Tales from the Borderlands was about the return of Handsome Jack, and Guardians of the Galaxy is about the return of... Peter's mum? The Forever Forge is going to be used to resurrect her for sure.

Also, was that Nebula that stole the Forever Forge at the end of the episode? I couldn't tell. I kept thinking it was, then I thought it wasn't, then I thought it was again...

• Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread

Oh shoot. I really need to read the details. Thanks.

• I had a feeling he'd be Carmine Falcone'd, but I wish I didn't know ahead of time, so that it could have been a bit of a surprise.

Okay, I wanna know... -- Am I the only one who expected Thanos to be some 20 minute mini-boss? A lot of people here didn't like how Thano

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Are you talking about the character who wants to use the Eternity Forge to bring back her son/people? That's Hala. Here's her Marvel wiki entry.

So... Tales from the Borderlands was about the return of Handsome Jack, and Guardians of the Galaxy is about the return of... Peter's mum? T

• It was a new villain who took it.

So... Tales from the Borderlands was about the return of Handsome Jack, and Guardians of the Galaxy is about the return of... Peter's mum? T

• Spoilers from past episodes that are already released is okay. We ask that people not discuss story spoilers for the latest episode in the waiting thread, however.

bthom20 posted: »

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread

• Discussion of past Episode spoilers is okay - we only ask that people not post spoilers for an episode in its own waiting thread because we want people to be able to use Waiting Threads as a safe, spoiler-free area to check for news and see if that particular episode is out.

So, Episode 1 spoilers are okay, but not any spoilers from Episode 2 (when we get to that point) because this is the Episode 2 Waiting Thread.

Can I discuss spoilers for episode one here?

• In the context of only having played Episode 1 so far, I was personally hoping that Thanos would've had a more climatic send-off. But, I'm willing to see where Telltale goes with the story in later episodes in case they have something really interesting planned to continue that storyline.

• I don't think it's so much about "the return of Peter's mother" as much as it is the vessel that Peter (and others) want - the Eternity Forge - that could bring about the return of his mother as one of many possible consequences. Episode 1 was kinda vague in some areas about what all the Eternity Forge does so far, but future episodes will probably escalate things with how many other people want it too.

• I doubt he's gone for good. I expect him to be the final boss

• Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk of punishment. Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions, so please respect that. Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

bthom20 posted: »

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread

• Yeah, then the whole conflict comes full circle!

zeke10 posted: »

I doubt he's gone for good. I expect him to be the final boss

• edited April 2017

I find it strange that Peter would be (determinantly) against sacrificing one life to bring back someone who he loves, when in this episode alone he's already killed Thanos and a few other Kree soldiers.

• He'll be pissed if you kicked him

Yeah, then the whole conflict comes full circle!

• Well thanos is a monster so.....

I find it strange that Peter would be (determinantly) against sacrificing one life to bring back someone who he loves, when in this episode alone he's already killed Thanos and a few other Kree soldiers.

• I'm really hoping Thanos has a bigger part than he did in his 5 minute segment.

• Wait so after reading some earlier comments I always thought that girl that we fought at the end of the episode was Nebula I guess it was just some new character? So I guess Nebula and Hala look similar to me.

• He'll return to set on his throne for 4 seasons

Chibikid posted: »

I'm really hoping Thanos has a bigger part than he did in his 5 minute segment.

• Am I the only one glad Thanos is out of the picture for a bit? I liked that Telltale is breaking the norm, and trying to go for something both different and very Guardians at the same time. The eternity forge is a cool plot device. and its going to be interesting seeing everyone's desires...Maybe one of them involves a certain pissed off sis wanting to bring back her deadbeat daddy. We'll see, but for now a new threat sounds pretty good.

• Yep. I like where this is going.

Am I the only one glad Thanos is out of the picture for a bit? I liked that Telltale is breaking the norm, and trying to go for something bo

• I'm in the middle; killing Thanos is definitely something of a wildcard, but I feel that the build up to his death could have been more climatic. A lot of the Episode after the first 20 minutes focused on how the Guardians felt after they killed him, but I was hoping to see more drama and action around Thanos before his death.

Am I the only one glad Thanos is out of the picture for a bit? I liked that Telltale is breaking the norm, and trying to go for something bo

• I think he should not have been in the game if this is what they had planned. I'm on board with having a original villain without making a existing powerful villain a generic blowoff.

• He wasn't blown to smithereens, he's still got a body, and like I said Nebula might have plans to resurrect Thanos. Its not like this is the Guardians first outing either, so it makes sense for a more experienced and veteran team to take him out.

I think he should not have been in the game if this is what they had planned. I'm on board with having a original villain without making a existing powerful villain a generic blowoff.

• Well if Star lord was revived....
    Thanos will probably most likely get revived the same way probably in episode 4...

I'm really hoping Thanos has a bigger part than he did in his 5 minute segment.

• Well he was killed in one shot by Rockets gun in 5 minutes. If it wasn't for the gun they would have died so it's not like their expert battle skills is how they won. And I didn't mean blowoff in the literal sense just to clarify. Granted I could be expecting too much out of Thanos.

He wasn't blown to smithereens, he's still got a body, and like I said Nebula might have plans to resurrect Thanos. Its not like this is the Guardians first outing either, so it makes sense for a more experienced and veteran team to take him out.

• edited April 2017

Fair enough. Although I doubt the movie counterpart could even last as long as Telltale's team, but I digress. Hopefully we can get more of Thanos later on, just sort of glad we can try something new for a bit.

Well he was killed in one shot by Rockets gun in 5 minutes. If it wasn't for the gun they would have died so it's not like their expert batt

• That's different. Thanos had to be stopped and deserved it as well, and the Kree attacked first without warning.

What Hala referred to was more like "Here is someone innocent, will you shoot them in the face?"

• I hope more people will pick up the game, it deserves more lovin' and discussin'.

I personally loved it, can't wait for the next episode to know what music will be there c;
    and what will happen too of course

• Well...this thread is about to explode. Hype is real xD

• We still don't know how this eternity forge works but if Thanos was killed does that mean that one person could already be revived because apparently you need a sacrifice to revive a person maybe Thanos was the sacrifice and there still is a way to revive a person (probably Peters mom) .

• Well, hypothetically, if the Eternity Forge needs a sacrifice to revive someone and it is all a 1:1 ratio, and we know that Peter was dead during his mother's funeral flashback/vision, then it checks out! Thanos died with the Eternity Forge, so he was the sacrifice to power up the Forge. Peter was revived by the Forge, expending its energy into him to revive him.
    Though, I feel like that's not its only use. Thanos was going to use it to "decimate and cleanse planets throughout the galaxy", not sacrifice people to revive others... there must be some secret power it can give to people.

Creeper1846 posted: »

We still don't know how this eternity forge works but if Thanos was killed does that mean that one person could already be revived because a

• Should we expect some starlord and gamora romance

• I would say yes and depending on your choices.

Carver2645 posted: »

Should we expect some starlord and gamora romance

• Yeah, I was expecting him to be only in the first ~30 minutes and that he'd fly off in the middle of the fight or something, but I certainly didn't expect him to die. That was a bit of a shocker he died so quickly.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Brandon Eells who plays Drax has been recording lines for episode 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.