GOTG Episode 2 Waiting Thread - Rated by Aus, Releasing June 6th, New Key Art, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• With the Kree around I wonder if Mar-Vell is around too.

• Something I found interesting is that they hinted that each of the five episodes would focus on a Guardian; seeing as how playing Episode 1 reveals that the conflict is going to revolve around the Eternity Forge, I wonder how the others are going to want it? Like, Gamora, I can see wanting it for reasons related to Thanos being her dad, and Drax too to once again see his wife/daughter, but I wonder why Rocket and Groot will want it?

• I think Rocket will want to sell it. A device that can bring people back to life must be pretty valuable after all. Not so sure about Groot though. We don't know that much about him, do we?

Something I found interesting is that they hinted that each of the five episodes would focus on a Guardian; seeing as how playing Episode 1

• Good point about Rocket, I hadn't thought of that.

Pipas posted: »

I think Rocket will want to sell it. A device that can bring people back to life must be pretty valuable after all. Not so sure about Groot though. We don't know that much about him, do we?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well the description for episode 2 says this:

"As the Guardians race to answer some difficult questions, Rocket is forced to confront his darkest memory..."

So I'd assume we'd learn that next episode.

Something I found interesting is that they hinted that each of the five episodes would focus on a Guardian; seeing as how playing Episode 1

• edited April 2017

I wonder if we'll still be playing as Star Lord in every episode if this is how they're going to be doing things. I would assume so based on the description on the steam store page, but you never know.

• Based on the description of the episodes and every episode picture mostly featuring one guardians makes it seem we will be playing all of them each episode. I'm not really sure how I feel about this if it's true but it's worth a shot I would look toward to playing as Rocket :) .

• Nice, quick indeed

• Rocket is forced to confront his darkest memory...

Hmm... I wonder what it could be...

Could it be when he was locked in the laboratory mentioned in the movie, where he was being constantly ripped apart and put back together again?

Although that doesn't sound like a very family friendly scene...

I'm quite excited for episode two. Rocket is my favourite guardian.

dojo32161 posted: »

Well the description for episode 2 says this: "As the Guardians race to answer some difficult questions, Rocket is forced to confront his darkest memory..." So I'd assume we'd learn that next episode.

• I would look toward to playing as Rocket

Same. Rocket rocks...

That sounded better in my head.
    Creeper1846 posted: »

Based on the description of the episodes and every episode picture mostly featuring one guardians makes it seem we will be playing all of th

• An early june release perhaps ?

• Hmm, I dunno. I think we'll play as others only in QTEs and Eternity Forge flashbacks.

Based on the description of the episodes and every episode picture mostly featuring one guardians makes it seem we will be playing all of th

• I think it would be cool to play as a different guardian each episode.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If they did that i'm sure the Groot episode will be dialogue heavy :p

Chibikid posted: »

I think it would be cool to play as a different guardian each episode.

• I'm thinking more like a late May release. Except for some weirdness with the wait between episodes 2/3 of New Frontier, Telltale have otherwise been trying to prioritize quicker episode releases ever since Minecraft in late 2015.

An early june release perhaps ?

• You know, it would be actually pretty neat if he had normal dialogue options, but he'd always say "I am Groot." no matter what and the only one who could understand what you meant would be Rocket.

OzzyUK posted: »

If they did that i'm sure the Groot episode will be dialogue heavy

• We don't know that much about him, do we?

We know that he is Groot.

Pipas posted: »

I think Rocket will want to sell it. A device that can bring people back to life must be pretty valuable after all. Not so sure about Groot though. We don't know that much about him, do we?

• edited May 2017

Oh... I found this:

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Australian Classification Board

It says the game is rated M: Mature. Could this be the rating for episode 2?
    The description for this episode on the game says "Rocket will have to confront his darkest memory..."
    From what I know, Rocket had a pretty tragic backstory, involving torture and being constantly experimented on. So if this is seen in the episode, I guess the "Mature Themes" would be pretty accurate there. Also, "Coarse Language"... I'm guessing this means they drop the F-Bomb?

• It's from April 18th, and Australian games that are rated M tend to be rated T in the west, like Oxenfree.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh... I found this: Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Australian Classification Board It says the game is rated M: Mature

• Oxenfree was rated M in Australia?!

It's from April 18th, and Australian games that are rated M tend to be rated T in the west, like Oxenfree.

• enter image description here

AChicken posted: »

Oxenfree was rated M in Australia?!

• I am Australian, and the game is rated PG not M. So I thought it might've either been the rating for episode 2 or just a glitch.

This is the normal rating.

It's from April 18th, and Australian games that are rated M tend to be rated T in the west, like Oxenfree.

• Huh. Even for Australia, those seem to be pretty low impact ratings for an M game. Buuuut I guess that's just their standards. I'm not judging.

• If any from of content goes into the Moderate Impact catagory, it automatically gives that game/movie/TV show an M rating, even if the rest are all Mild Impact.

It's the same with Strong Impact (MA 15+) and High Impact (R 18+), that's how the Australian Classification Board works.

Huh. Even for Australia, those seem to be pretty low impact ratings for an M game. Buuuut I guess that's just their standards. I'm not judging.

• Okay, thanks for the info. ;)

If any from of content goes into the Moderate Impact catagory, it automatically gives that game/movie/TV show an M rating, even if the rest

• I'm thinking June for a release date since telltale is trying to finish ANF in May.

• Well, both episode one of Guardians and episode four of TWD came out in April, so I think it's possible for a May release.

Chibikid posted: »

I'm thinking June for a release date since telltale is trying to finish ANF in May.

• It could it's just ANF is finished while guardians is still recording.

Well, both episode one of Guardians and episode four of TWD came out in April, so I think it's possible for a May release.

• TBH I like it the way it is. I didn't and still don't want the entire game series to be revolved around Thanos just because he's a 'big deal.'

I'd rather have something new and unexpected.

In the context of only having played Episode 1 so far, I was personally hoping that Thanos would've had a more climatic send-off. But, I'm w

• Took me a while but I finally got around to playing episode 1... I loved it!

It wasn't the tons of humor that I thought it'd be but I enjoy the characters and the story and I'm really excited to see where things go. "You said you lost your mother. Would you kill someone to bring her back?"

• Okay, I just want to get this off my chest.
    I hope that ELO's "Livin' Thing" isn't the theme song for the entire series. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song but the background music is pretty repetitive after a while. We've had it 3 times so far at least.
    1. In the Main Menu
    2. At the end of Peter's first flashback.
    3. During the Episode 1 credits.

Look at it this way: You ever had a song you really love and listened to it on repeat because it's so good!? You'll realise after a while of listening to it that it becomes boring. It doesn't have the same "Yeah!!" effect now than it did the first time you listened to it.
    TTG can keep "Livin' Thing" as the main menu song if they'd like, but if we end up hearing it even more throughout the series, it might be too much. I'd ask myself why there aren't any other songs to choose from.

It's just something I wanted to say, that's all.

• I seriously doubt it will be.

Okay, I just want to get this off my chest. I hope that ELO's "Livin' Thing" isn't the theme song for the entire series. Don't get me wron

• edited May 2017

Okay. Good to know that was just me being paranoid. :sweat_smile: I just figured we heard it so much, we'd hear it even more after that!
    Silly Brain...

I seriously doubt it will be.

• I agree it was a little overkill. They need to invest in more music for all their games, not just this one.

• Where the news at :(

• None at the moment. I wouldn't expect any news until ANF is finished.

Where the news at

• So it might be to soon to say this but without any ratings or news I pretty sure this won't come out this month.

• enter image description here

nah i recound that Rocket would agree with that and so do i he is an awesome character but he also has quit an ego

I would look toward to playing as Rocket Same. Rocket rocks... That sounded better in my head.

• who are ur fav characters from the guardians of the galaxy

mine are groot , rocket and nebula

• Don't expect anything until after ANF or early June. My guess is they are in the final stages of finishing the episode and waiting till ANF is finished to fully promote and focus on GOTG.

So it might be to soon to say this but without any ratings or news I pretty sure this won't come out this month.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.