Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 1 Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 1 Review - Alternative Magazine Online

"Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 1: Tangled Up In Blue is a pleasant surprise. Underwhelming at first, it quickly grows into an adventure that successfully sidesteps the long shadow cast by the films and does its own thing with great panache. It doesn’t stray from the usual Telltale formula, but it does have a certain je ne sais quoi. By the end of the episode, you’ll be fully invested in the Guardians of the Galaxy and their latest adventure. It’s a highly enjoyable opening two hours – with a wonderful conclusion – but its ultimate success will hinge on future episodes to come."

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – Episode 1: Tangled Up In Blue Review - Alternative Magazine Online

Agree/disagree? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

Comments

• Long time no see! Your posts and reviews brings back memories. :)

• edited April 2017

Sounds about right, although I thought the middle dragged it down rather the beginning, thankfully the last 3rd is excellent and all the story beats are set for the whole season arc, even if it wasted some time (on a premiere episode of all things). Just minor nitpicks won't ruin the excellent opening act, Peters flashbacks, the fun character building, and ending.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.

• All good memories I hope! :)

I've actually just recently posted an interview with Shelly Shenoy (Kate from The Walking Dead: A New Frontier) that you might like too!

Long time no see! Your posts and reviews brings back memories.

• Glad you liked it, sounds like we mostly agree on Episode 1! Out of interest, how did you find the voice acting?

Sounds about right, although I thought the middle dragged it down rather the beginning, thankfully the last 3rd is excellent and all the sto

• I thought everyone did an excellent job, Scott Porter took a little time to get used to as Peter, but by the end he was Star-lord to me rather than Luke or Lukas. Nolan North of course stole the show as Rocket, but I got to hand it to Emily O'Brien as Gamora, she really brought her to life and wasn't as emotionless as previous incarnations.

martymcfly posted: »

Glad you liked it, sounds like we mostly agree on Episode 1! Out of interest, how did you find the voice acting?

• Yeah, Star-Lord was the toughest for me to get used to but in the end I thought Scott Porter did a great job and Adam Harrington really made me laugh when Groot was being sick after drinking too much.

Nolan North was awesome as always too, I wouldn't have even known it was him if I hadn't read the press release!

I thought everyone did an excellent job, Scott Porter took a little time to get used to as Peter, but by the end he was Star-lord to me rath

• edited April 2017

Well, you got that all quite right. No complaints here. I agree!

It’s a constant juggling act trying to keep everyone happy (especially Rocket) and it says a lot about the voice acting that some of this first episode’s finest moments take place during conversations. The writing is strong overall and, despite there only being a few laugh out loud moments, the humour is on point.

Yeah, all good there.

• Awesome, thanks! Nice to hear people generally seem to agree with my review. What was your favourite part of the episode? :)

AChicken posted: »

Well, you got that all quite right. No complaints here. I agree! It’s a constant juggling act trying to keep everyone happy (especiall

• Favourite part? Hmmm....

I'd say either interacting with all the Guardians at the bar after Thanos' defeat, or the ending moments where Peter gets stabbed, another flashback/vision happens, and the reveal of the Artifact's power. That ending sequence had my jaw drop in one moment, and make me giddy with joy the next.
    I'm so excited to see where this series goes next!

Awesome, thanks! Nice to hear people generally seem to agree with my review. What was your favourite part of the episode?

• Honestly? Deciding who to sell Thanos to. I hope that factors into something at a later date. Hopefully we'll be able to go into the Collector's museum at some point.

Awesome, thanks! Nice to hear people generally seem to agree with my review. What was your favourite part of the episode?

• I agree, the first 15 minutes I was not interested, but it does pick up in the later half. a promising premier that I hope it gets better and better. I misut say that it was more promising that ANF/batman premiers combined. so either way you take this, its positive.

• I decided to go with the Nova Corps, so I hope I still get to meet The Collector in a future episode!

AnimalBoy posted: »

Honestly? Deciding who to sell Thanos to. I hope that factors into something at a later date. Hopefully we'll be able to go into the Collector's museum at some point.

• I sold Thanos to The Collector. I thought it more interesting to sell to a guy who collects rare items and species and puts them into his museum then to the Nova Corps.

I decided to go with the Nova Corps, so I hope I still get to meet The Collector in a future episode!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.